Stephen Hawking

No TBBT for me tonight.

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Shock horror. For once, I won't be watching any episodes of TBBT in bed tonight.

Today, I was car booting, and stumbled across the one season of Frasier (Season 9) I've been missing.

It's the season where the have a themed party (the theme being heroes) in Frasier's apartment, and Nyles dresses as his father, and Roz dresses as Wonder Woman.

CoI4XcaXYAA0UuP.jpg

:heat: 

It's also the season, where Frasier and Roz have sex.

Edited by Stephen Hawking
joyceraye and Jonny like this

Posted

Hello Stephen, I too adore Frasier, TBBT and the mystery that is our Universe. However the reason for my post is to inquiry as to what is car booting. I'm from Melbourne, Australia. Obviously I could have just as quickly googled it but as the opportunity to converse with you was too compelling. 

Posted

Car booting is buying things at a car boot sale.

A car boot sale is like a market, but mostly the items for sale are second hand (often single items from the stall operators home), and prices tend to be very low.

I got the Frasier Season 9 box set for £3, which is currently about $4-95, where you are.

7 hours ago, Summerfairy81 said:

I too adore Frasier

My favourite character is Roz Doyle.

She's so sassy, and stunning with it.

Posted

Thank you for the clarification, sounds as though you found a bargain.  I love to rummage through second hand stores mainly for clothes or Wii games now, car booting sounds like my cup of tea.

My mother in law once bought a box of assorted plates at a school fete for $5 and amongst them was an original Clarice Cliff hand painted saucer which I think she sold for $3000. 

Back to Fraiser, i have 2 favourites Martin Crane, his cheeky grin, ability to bite his tongue and witty one liners. The second is Niles- the way he physically reacts to Daphne (when she bends over) and the double entendres surrounding Nile's obsession for her. 

My six year son watches TBBT with me, his name is Cooper so no prizes as to who which character he likes best. Our favourite scene and one we quote to each other often is in series 5 episode 12 when Sheldon upsets Amy and buys her an apology gift "it's a tiara! " 

Posted

This is a warning not to get rid of one's VCR. You never know what tapes you'll come across. It was Frasier that got me onto the internet. Until 1999 I said I was never going to clutter my house up with a computer and all that paraphernalia. Then I wanted to know what happened re Niles and Daphne and thought the internet might be a way of making contact with someone who'd been in a studio audience. I didn't know anything about chatrooms, mailing lists or forums - never heard of any of them -  but it's surprising what one can learn when one is really motivated. When suprnova arrived and I could download episodes I thought Nirvana had come. I was homeschooling a mentally-handicapped godson at the time. He was in love with Daphne and he loved to play at being Martin or Niles. I bought him a copy of the scripts. It helped to teach him the difference between real life and fiction. We even wrote a fanfic called The Golfers. He loved the episode where Niles dressed as Martin.

Car boot sales are a good way of fundraising for church or school fetes. All you do is charge people a small fee for a pitch in the car park. They come along, park the car, set up a trestle table and load things onto it from the boot. If you have things in your house you want to get rid of it's a fun way to do so. They're generally friendly affairs. Some larger ones are run commercially and have hot dog and ice cream vans on them etc. It's a cheap day out and you might get bargains.

Jonny likes this