The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dana1010

[Spoiler Free] Shamy: Season 11

So sad that this thread hasn't been updated since September. I was at the 1/30 taping so have been lurking around the spoiler threads, but after tomorrow's taping, I'll need to avoid them again. 

Anyone have any ideas on how we can keep this thread alive so us spoiler-free Shamy fans can participate too?

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, BigBangEnthusiast said:

So sad that this thread hasn't been updated since September. I was at the 1/30 taping so have been lurking around the spoiler threads, but after tomorrow's taping, I'll need to avoid them again. 

Anyone have any ideas on how we can keep this thread alive so us spoiler-free Shamy fans can participate too?

Sadly I think a lot of the spoiler-free Shamy fanbase have moved on, tumblr seems to be a place where they often discuss and do reviews of episodes just aired now. The spoiled Shamy thread isn't exactly a hive of activity this season (to be fair it also hasn't really been that kind of season, not much to talk about on the Shamy front compared to seasons past. Just moments now and again and a very muted wedding storyline). The days of the 1000 page Shamy threads are sadly over.

I think some of us spoiled Shamy fans would be happy to talk about episodes as they aired (I know a few of us used to do that) with spoiler-free Shamies (being extremely careful and only talking about the actual episode) but there has to be a community for it.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 6

When I created an account here was at the hiatus time before S10 and I must confess it is hard for me nowdays as Shamies for talk are getting less and less. I loved so much my first months here as we are a nice number,  spoiled and spoiled free fellows. The S11 is far from S10 Shamy news and interisting matters for discuss but it is sad as I log in and I am more lurking than participating as I used to be last year. Hopefullty S12 might be a more active one. Crossing fingers for that!

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Jonny said:

Sadly I think a lot of the spoiler-free Shamy fanbase have moved on, tumblr seems to be a place where they often discuss and do reviews of episodes just aired now. The spoiled Shamy thread isn't exactly a hive of activity this season (to be fair it also hasn't really been that kind of season, not much to talk about on the Shamy front compared to seasons past. Just moments now and again and a very muted wedding storyline). The days of the 1000 page Shamy threads are sadly over.

I've noticed it's a lot less active even on the spoiler threads. Tumblr is a lot less active too. I hardly even go on anymore because it's dead. I tend to visit Instagram more but have to be cautious about spoilers there. 

2 hours ago, spidergirl said:

When I created an account here was at the hiatus time before S10 and I must confess it is hard for me nowdays as Shamies for talk are getting less and less. I loved so much my first months here as we are a nice number,  spoiled and spoiled free fellows. The S11 is far from S10 Shamy news and interisting matters for discuss but it is sad as I log in and I am more lurking than participating as I used to be last year. Hopefullty S12 might be a more active one. Crossing fingers for that!

Let's hope we have more to discuss soon. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, BigBangEnthusiast said:

I've noticed it's a lot less active even on the spoiler threads. Tumblr is a lot less active too. I hardly even go on anymore because it's dead. I tend to visit Instagram more but have to be cautious about spoilers there. 

Let's hope we have more to discuss soon. 

A multitude of reasons I suspect for this being the case. Shamy are fine and in a great place even but this season is following the greatest Shamy season seen on this show and the difference between this season and the previous one is stark in terms of things or new developments to discuss.

• Like 6

Namaste from "the mysterious subcontinent of India!"

Looong term lurker of this forum and an even longer time (since 2010, as that's when TBBT started airing in my country) viewer of this show. I finally got the time to create an account on here so that I can chat with you nice people. Needless to say, I'm an obsessive shipper of The Shamy ❤️(I've lost count of the number of times I've watched the SIK online and off). 

It sucks that I have no one in real life to fangirl over Shamy with, as some of my friends are firmly in Shenny territory (ugh!), or worse, are just casual viewers of the show. So I'm really glad that I found a place where I can go absolutely nuts over em!

And, in the interest of full disclosure, I gotta admit that I was never really a big fan of Early Seasons Amy (or Shamy for that matter). The episode that completely turned me on to em was (surprise surprise) The Locomotive Manipulation. When Sheldon started spouting off that list of romantic activities, a small part of me knew that a kiss was gonna be one of them. And when Sheldon did indeed kiss her, I was absolutely floored. But nothing could have prepared me for what happened next. Sheldon ACTUALLY moved in closer to her, step by step, and PLACED HIS HAND ON HER WAIST. And if that wasn't enough, the sweet and intense conversation they had after the kiss just cemented the fact that I was never ever gonna let go of Shamy. Cause, just like Sheldon, when I know it, I know it.

Apologies for the long ass introductory post, but you gotta understand I've been holding in this stuff for so many years. It feels cathartic to let it all out! 😄

Oh, and I'm absolutely Spoiler Free (even more than Sheldon), so I'll join the Spoiler thread as soon as 11x24 airs.

Till then, keep calm and ship the Shamy!

TBBTvdclink.gif.e4fb3a321a27b7e185dc5b75ff20ae7c.gif

(P.S: English isn't my first language so I apologise in advance for any typos or grammatical errors, and also for any misinterpretations of posts.)

Edited by SpoonMouse
  • Like 3
  • It's a Tiara 1

40 minutes ago, SpoonMouse said:

Looong term lurker of this forum and an even longer time (since 2010, as that's when TBBT started airing in my country) viewer of this show. I finally got the time to create an account on here so that I can chat with you nice people. Needless to say, I'm an obsessive shipper of The Shamy ❤️(I've lost count of the number of times I've watched the SIK online and off). 

It sucks that I have no one in real life to fangirl over Shamy with, as some of my friends are firmly in Shenny territory (ugh!), or worse, are just casual viewers of the show. So I'm really glad that I found a place where I can go absolutely nuts over em!

And, in the interest of full disclosure, I gotta admit that I was never really a big fan of Early Seasons Amy (or Shamy for that matter). The episode that completely turned me on to em was (surprise surprise) The Locomotive Manipulation. When Sheldon started spouting off that list of romantic activities, a small part of me knew that a kiss was gonna be one of them. And when Sheldon did indeed kiss her, I was absolutely floored. But nothing could have prepared me for what happened next. Sheldon ACTUALLY moved in closer to her, step by step, and PLACED HIS HAND ON HER WAIST. And if that wasn't enough, the sweet and intense conversation they had after the kiss just cemented the fact that I was never ever gonna let go of Shamy. Cause, just like Sheldon, when I know it, I know it.

Apologies for the long ass introductory post, but you gotta understand I've been holding in this stuff for so many years. It feels cathartic to let it all out! 😄

Oh, and I'm absolutely Spoiler Free (even more than Sheldon), so I'll join the Spoiler thread as soon as 11x24 airs.

(P.S: English isn't my first language so I apologise in advance for any typos or grammatical errors, and also for any misinterpretations of posts.)

WeIcome to the forum and see you on the othere side, AKA the Shamy Thread (where spoiIers are aIIowed), when the finaIe airs!!!

Edited by mirs1
  • Koala Face 1

1 hour ago, SpoonMouse said:

Hi and welcome! Huge Shamy shipper here too. Locomotove was what really started my obsession, though I had low-key shipped them before.

I'm (mostly) spoiler free also, so I'm limited to certain threads here on the forum but have a great group of friends I've met through social media who are in the same situation, which has helped my sanity. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mirs1 said:

WeIcome to the forum and see you on the othere side, AKA the Shamy Thread (where spoiIers are aIIowed), when the finaIe airs!!!

Thank you so much mirs1! I can't wait for the finale. Sigh, why does Friday have to be a whole week away?

33 minutes ago, BigBangEnthusiast said:

Hi and welcome! Huge Shamy shipper here too. Locomotove was what really started my obsession, though I had low-key shipped them before.

I'm (mostly) spoiler free also, so I'm limited to certain threads here on the forum but have a great group of friends I've met through social media who are in the same situation, which has helped my sanity. 

*Hi-five!* It's great to hear that The Locomotive Manipulation was the boarding point on the Shamy train for you as well.

And are you the same BigBangEnthusuast on FF.net? If so, I gotta say I'm a huge fan of yours. 😁

• Like 2
  • It's a Tiara 1

44 minutes ago, SpoonMouse said:

*Hi-five!* It's great to hear that The Locomotive Manipulation was the boarding point on the Shamy train for you as well.

And are you the same BigBangEnthusuast on FF.net? If so, I gotta say I'm a huge fan of yours. 😁

Yes! That's me! So glad you enjoy my stories 😃

• It's a Tiara 1

On 9/26/2017 at 5:10 AM, dana1010 said:

Now we are supposed to understand that somewhere between all this he went home got on his computer and skyped Stephen Hawking and found time to call her dad?

Couldn't he have skyped Stephen Hawking (aka me 😊) from the aeroplane or the cab?

6 hours ago, SpoonMouse said:

WELCOME!!!  Hope you enjoy it here on the forums.  I’m curious....do your “Shenny” friends still watch the show and if so, are they still hoping they’ll get together?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kathy2611 said:

WELCOME!!!  Hope you enjoy it here on the forums.  I’m curious....do your “Shenny” friends still watch the show and if so, are they still hoping they’ll get together?

Thanks for the welcome, Kathy! And in answer to your question, a few of them dropped the show entirely in S10, when Shamy moved in together. And the rest of them occassionally hate-watch the show, hoping that Sheldon would abandon Amy at the altar and run away with Penny. :p

I could go on and on about some of their convoluted reasoning, but just thinking about it is enough to give me a stroke from laughing so hard, so I'll stop here.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SpoonMouse said:

Thanks for the welcome, Kathy! And in answer to your question, a few of them dropped the show entirely in S10, when Shamy moved in together. And the rest of them occassionally hate-watch the show, hoping that Sheldon would abandon Amy at the altar and run away with Penny. :p

I could go on and on about some of their convoluted reasoning, but just thinking about it is enough to give me a stroke from laughing so hard, so I'll stop here.

Wow! Crazy thought.

I never, not even before Amy joined the show, even dreamed of Sheldon and Penny together. I was rooting for Lenny from the first episode. 

• Penny Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, BigBangEnthusiast said:

Wow! Crazy thought.

I never, not even before Amy joined the show, even dreamed of Sheldon and Penny together. I was rooting for Lenny from the first episode. 

Lol me too. I was hooked right from "Our babies will be smart and beautiful."

So, steering the conversation towards Shamy, what are your expectations for the finale? I, for one, would love to see the look on Sheldon's face as Amy walks down the aisle towards him. And I really hope they surprise us with some sweet, heartfelt vows. Don't get me wrong, I did like the proposal overall, but certain things pissed me off (like the fact we never actually got to see Amy say "yes" or see Sheldon slip the ring onto her finger). I sincerely hope their wedding would be more about "them", than about anything else.

Edited by SpoonMouse
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, SpoonMouse said:

So, steering the conversation towards Shamy, what are your expectations for the finale? I, for one, would love to see the look on Sheldon's face as Amy walks down the aisle towards him. And I really hope they surprise us with some sweet, heartfelt vows. Don't get me wrong, I did like the proposal overall, but certain things pissed me off (like the fact we never actually got to see Amy say "yes" or see Sheldon slip the ring onto her finger). I sincerely hope their wedding would be more about "them", than about anything else.

I didn't like the Ramona plot at all for last year's finale, though Sheldon traveling across the country to propose was very romantic. I would have liked to see the 'yes' and putting the ring on her finger too.

Hoping we get beautiful and quirky moments in this year's finale. 

• Like 3

On 5/5/2018 at 1:44 AM, SpoonMouse said:

Lol me too. I was hooked right from "Our babies will be smart and beautiful."

On 5/5/2018 at 2:02 AM, BigBangEnthusiast said:

I didn't like the Ramona plot at all for last year's finale, though Sheldon traveling across the country to propose was very romantic. I would have liked to see the 'yes' and putting the ring on her finger too.

Hoping we get beautiful and quirky moments in this year's finale. 

unnamed (2).gif

unnamed (3).gif

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Kathy2611 said:

You guys still alive in here?

Barely! That was perfect! Briefly checked out the Shamy spoiler thread last night after it aired. Is there a way to jump to a specific page without have to press the previous or next buttons over and over?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BigBangEnthusiast said:

Is there a way to jump to a specific page without have to press the previous or next buttons over and over?

You can click the Page x of x between the Prev and Next buttons and type in a page number. Is that what you were looking for?

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, SpoonMouse said:

You can click the Page x of x between the Prev and Next buttons and type in a page number. Is that what you were looking for?

Yes! Thank you! Didn't know about that 😃