Tripper

1101 - The Proposal Proposal (September 25)

Recommended Posts

'The Proposal Proposal' - Season 11, Episode 1 
Airs Monday, September 25 at 8/7c on CBS.

Amy gives Sheldon an answer to his proposal while Howard and Bernadette struggle with some unexpected news, on the 11th season premiere.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Koala Face 2
  • It's a Tiara 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That really doesn't answer the most important question. :shy:

promo11_1.gif.0c31bf6d30a1c06a633e6d2ce3e3e9ce.gif

(from TBBT's official YouTube Channel)

 

Edited by veejay
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Koala Face 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was funny and I laughed so I thought it was a good episode.  Howard and Bernadette panicking over the pregnancy was really funny.

  • Like 1
  • It's a Tiara 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was better than I expected but I could only give an okay. Enjoyed the Howdette storyline. The Shamy storyline was okay at best. Predictable. Sheldon still not knowing  he isn't the center of attention is old now by season 11. Too many holes between Sheldon asking his father's permission. ( Maybe he with Howdette's imaginary kid who must of been home alone since Howdette was in 4a and Stuart at comic book store). Shamy suddenly showing up in cafeteria. Raj and Stuart served no purpose in the episode.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked the episode, Howardette storyline was great and was my favorite. The shamy proposal was a little lacking, like now we know Sheldon went back to his apartment and called Hawking but lack of info about Amy's dad. Also think they could have done a little more with it being Leonard and Pennys anniversary although Penny with cake on her face was funny. Agree that Raj and Stuart weren't really even needed in this episode.

  • Like 1
  • Koala Face 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

while i still wish we could've seen Amy's "yes" at least we got to see some excitement: at calling sheldon her fiancé for the first time, screaming they're engaged at the phone to Mary, just completely unable to hold it in. It was exactly the level of over excitement I expected from her, :sarcastichand: also, yes, sheldon was being his usual attention hog but Amy was having non of it lying down, "you're so smart, figure it out!" I love that she isn't afraid to challenge him back anymore. 

  • Koala Face 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

It was better than I expected but I could only give an okay. Enjoyed the Howdette storyline. The Shamy storyline was okay at best. Predictable. Sheldon still not knowing  he isn't the center of attention is old now by season 11. Too many holes between Sheldon asking his father's permission. ( Maybe he with Howdette's imaginary kid who must of been home alone since Howdette was in 4a and Stuart at comic book store). Shamy suddenly showing up in cafeteria. Raj and Stuart served no purpose in the episode.

Halley wouldn't have been home alone. They'd bring her with them and put her in the spare room as usual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm 100% spoiler free this season, so I didn't know that Amy was going to say yes. I have to say I was extremely disappointed that we didn't get to actually see it. The Howardette storyline was cute and so well acted! I was wondering if they were going to work in Melissa's r/l pregnancy. Amy hugging Dr. Slutbunny at the end of the episode made me groan. Sheldon only proposed because someone threatened their relationship? Seriously, WTH? It's been established that he was going to propose twice previously. There was no need for Ramona to even be in the episode, other than to establish the time jump. A pretty meh season opener. Hopefully, it gets better next week.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DrWackaDoodle said:

I'm 100% spoiler free this season, so I didn't know that Amy was going to say yes. I have to say I was extremely disappointed that we didn't get to actually see it. The Howardette storyline was cute and so well acted! I was wondering if they were going to work in Melissa's r/l pregnancy. Amy hugging Dr. Slutbunny at the end of the episode made me groan. Sheldon only proposed because someone threatened their relationship? Seriously, WTH? It's been established that he was going to propose twice previously. There was no need for Ramona to even be in the episode, other than to establish the time jump. A pretty meh season opener. Hopefully, it gets better next week.  

My memory is going I only remember Sheldon going to propose one other time. That was when Lenny went to Vegas so to me that proposal was based on Lenny getting married. The rest what you said I agree with.

Edited by Chrismo
  • Koala Face 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chrismo said:

My memory is going I only remember Sheldon going to propose one other time. That was when Lenny went to Vegas s

The second time (that I count at least) was in Spock Rennosance when he took the ring and saw Amy kissing Dave Gibbs. 

  • Koala Face 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What surprises me is seeing Sheldon wearing the same clothes the next morning. I know he had no others with him, but one would expect to see him freaking out a little, having to put yesterday's clothes back on. I wonder if he had spare underpants in one of his pockets,just in case ? Shirts I can understand at a pinch, but ...

Edited by joyceraye
typo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Already gave my thoughts on the Shamy thread in regards to the Shamy storyline and scenes.

Overall I thought it was an enjoyable season opener, lot more to like than not like. I think the absolute best scene of the episode was the kitchen scene with Howard and Bernadette. I keep praising Simon and Melissa for their comedy pairing and have to do so again, thought it was so well executed that scene couldn't stop laughing at it especially when Simon changes his voice and gets higher and his expressions. Years of working together has built up a really nice comedy pairing between them that deserves much praise.

Typical Raj I thought, showing real happiness and excitement for his friends but then going back to being lonely himself and the excitement dissipating. Honestly I think they could not have had Raj and Stuart at all in this one and not much would have been lost, but obviously you can't do that.

Whilst it's not unheard of that 'baby fever' can spread in friendship circles I am glad Leonard and Penny put a stop to Howard and Bernie's suggestion. Leonard clearly saw through it as a way to make Howard and Bernie feel better about their own situation and that would be having a child for the wrong reasons.

Overall I gave it a Very Good on the poll.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched it. I voted good. I actually enjoyed it tbh. Some points.

Thought the Howardette plot was the strongest. Howard and Bernadette were hilarious in the kitchen. When Bernadette told Howard she's pregnant again. Simon and Melissa just work so well together. I think it's too soon for another pregnancy plot. But least it's not Penny.

Not sure about the Shamy plot. Had to laugh beginning of episode. When Lenny were waiting on breath. If Amy said yes. Yeah I was really left hanging their lol. Amy saying yes was one of the most predictable things this show has ever done. Sheldon was kinda an ass in this episode through out. At dinner with her friends. "I'm intellectually superior then everyone else" Sheldon reared its ugly head. I enjoyed Amy suggesting to Sheldon she's smarter. And I laughed out loud at the Hawking/Sheldon scene. I don't mind not seeing the yes. 

Lenny were really good in this episode. Came across insynch, and really married and in love. Enjoyed the Howardette/Lenny dinner. Thought the line from Leonard about Penny leaving him. Was clearly harmless. And way he kissed her hand was nice. Really likes seeing Penny in leggings and a nice top. Beats the plaids shirts. Guess they exceeded the budget hahah. Them forgetting their anniversary was harmless too. They both forgot lol. Penny and the cake. Felt like old school Penny. 

Enjoyed the Stuart and Raj plot. But still not sure what they are doing with Raj though. Since it became relationship driven. Raj seeing he does not have a SO of his own. Has kinda become sidelined. Even Stuart had a date. So interesting what they do their. Wouldent mind if Stuart and Raj moved in together. 

Overall one of the better premieres in recent memory. Better balance within the stories.

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DrWackaDoodle said:

Amy hugging Dr. Slutbunny at the end of the episode made me groan. Sheldon only proposed because someone threatened their relationship? Seriously, WTH? It's been established that he was going to propose twice previously. There was no need for Ramona to even be in the episode, other than to establish the time jump. A pretty meh season opener. Hopefully, it gets better next week.  

The hug was much less awkward than I expected it would be. I didn't have a problem with it. I was just glad that Sheldon admitted what he'd done right away so we couldn't get ambushed with it later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was...nice? Sorry, I felt it was quite underwhelming. I LOLed only at Penny's and Howard's reactions to Bernie's announcement. Simon was awesome and Kaley too, IMO, it is moments like this that really show how underrrated she is. And Stephen Hawking should win an Emmy or something for his appearances on TBBT, what a cool guy!

Shamy... the engagement moment was cute. And I liked that Amy was visibly excited, she had this dreamy look on her through most of the episode. But Sheldon's self importance story... Ugh. I am not a Sheldon hater, I usually lauh at jokes like that. But I don't know it just didn't make me laugh, instead I just wanted to yell "Shut up jerk!". I was surprised at my own reaction. I think it has gotten old and felt misplaced. Maybe if they made it seem more like an envy thing, more like something coming out of Sheldon's underlying awerness of his flaws... The apology didn't do it for me either. I wanted Amy to put him down on the dinner but maybe she was too happy about being engaged... I liked that she did confront him when they got back, especially saying things as they are right ot his face. I hope he will get better, at least to Amy.

Howardette were this funny little side treat for me like they have been in season 10, hope they will continue this way.

Lenny...mm... On the one hand their conversation with Howardette was much better than I thought it would be. That little wink after Leonard asked about the events in Bernadette's womb was so cute. Their answer to Howardette trying to get them on the same boat was reasonable, it wasn't a resounding no, as in "No way this is so far off the table!", it was a reasonable "No we will do it when we're ready, not because you tell us". But that "Penny may leave" joke was annoying, I hate those jokes. The cake scene on the other hand... I thought I would love the gesture, a sweet Leonard gesture, classic considerate Leonard. But the scene went so fast and it didn't have the impact I expected. And Leonard forgetting their anniversary was just silly IMO. This is so not him. Penny? Sure, you could say she has a problem remembering dates, but Leonard? OOC. JMO, it wasn't even funny, they could do without it. I feared it would be heavier and make me very mad but it was just a silly redundant moment, I don't know why they chose to go with it. Oh, and Bernadette's casual "You're mean to Leonard" - can always count on Bernie to call Penny out! (Not that Penny cared too much but Bernie earned a point from me)

As much as I love Kunal's line reading at times I think I wouldn't notice if Raj's parts were cut out of that episode. That's sad.

Overall...nice. I hope for better though.

Edited by bfm
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jonny said:

Whilst it's not unheard of that 'baby fever' can spread in friendship circles I am glad Leonard and Penny put a stop to Howard and Bernie's suggestion. Leonard clearly saw through it as a way to make Howard and Bernie feel better about their own situation and that would be having a child for the wrong reasons.

Definitely. I think this ends any baby for Lenny this season. If it wasn't going to happen there I can't see them tossing it in a bit later and running two of those story lines almost at once.

Just now, bfm said:

And Stephen Hawking should win an Emmy or something for his appearances on TBBT, what a cool guy!

He definitely has a sense of humor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Definitely. I think this ends any baby for Lenny this season. If it wasn't going to happen there I can't see them tossing it in a bit later and running two of those story lines almost at once.

 

I think Bernadette's baby will be born by midseason leaving a "is Penny pregnant?" scenario for the season finale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Definitely. I think this ends any baby for Lenny this season. If it wasn't going to happen there I can't see them tossing it in a bit later and running two of those story lines almost at once.

He definitely has a sense of humor.

I think it will be just the opposite.  I think we will hear much about the "will they or won't they have a baby" talk throughout the season. 

  • Penny Thumbs Up 1
  • Leonard Cupid 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

I think it will be just the opposite.  I think we will hear much about the "will they or won't they have a baby" talk throughout the season. 

Yes! That would be absolutely logical in a good tradition of the show and Lenny.

n_0343.gif.9b3f0c5871a5504b6128664ae41fecb2.gif

By the way, I would expect Leonard's reaction similar to Wyatt's on a pregnancy of Penny. :shy:

  • Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Overall I enjoyed the episode very much. My shamy thoughts were shared in its thread so I wont repeat myself about what I thought about the conclusion of  the proposal moment.

Regards Howardette, they really made me laugh in this episode. The sequence of Howard as he congrated Sheldon for his engagemet with Amy  and Bernie found was pregnant was really funny and spot on! Melissa and Simon did excell themselves again as they really perform Howardette in such funny and sweet way. I am very curious about how will  be developed the pregancy story arc until the moment Melissa will be absent for the show for the baby birth.

Everyone 's support about the engagement and about the pregnancy was nicely done. As someone said earlier I really liked how lenny reacted to Bernie 's words about they could have a baby too. It should be because lenny wish it and not for make their friends happier and more confortable about an unexpected pregnancy. NIce touch, writers!

Just my opinion but I did not get that cake's scene . It was weird as imo it was unecessary Penny to bite it a if was a cookie. Maybe it is my sense of humour but I really did not see the need of that prop for make a lenny scene. LIke  Stuart and Raj's talk was kind of unecessary  as imo it is too much pity on them as they are not taken. What is the big deal of that? There are lots of people in world that are not taken or not married or are not parents of children. I think it was time for writers turn the page about that stuff for both and write something really realistic especially for Raj. As I have said lots of times it is a question of writers make an effort to create something really cool for Raj, as there is always hope for someone in life turn the page from a bad moment and starting a new life. I hope that is may be possible for Raj before the end of the show.

Penny and Bernie scene was great. I loved Penny in this episode, btw. She always gives to the viewer the impression she is a caring friend and a bright person which is great imo. I wish Leonard could give me the same impression but like Raj, I think writers should develop more Leonard as individual for different reasons than Raj, course. Maybe they do it before the end of the show.

Hopefully.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, bfm said:

That was...nice? Sorry, I felt it was quite underwhelming. I LOLed only at Penny's and Howard's reactions to Bernie's announcement. Simon was awesome and Kaley too, IMO, it is moments like this that really show how underrrated she is. And Stephen Hawking should win an Emmy or something for his appearances on TBBT, what a cool guy!

Shamy... the engagement moment was cute. And I liked that Amy was visibly excited, she had this dreamy look on her through most of the episode. But Sheldon's self importance story... Ugh. I am not a Sheldon hater, I usually lauh at jokes like that. But I don't know it just didn't make me laugh, instead I just wanted to yell "Shut up jerk!". I was surprised at my own reaction. I think it has gotten old and felt misplaced. Maybe if they made it seem more like an envy thing, more like something coming out of Sheldon's underlying awerness of his flaws... The apology didn't do it for me either. I wanted Amy to put him down on the dinner but maybe she was too happy about being engaged... I liked that she did confront him when they got back, especially saying things as they are right ot his face. I hope he will get better, at least to Amy.

Howardette were this funny little side treat for me like they have been in season 10, hope they will continue this way.

Lenny...mm... On the one hand their conversation with Howardette was much better than I thought it would be. That little wink after Leonard asked about the events in Bernadette's womb was so cute. Their answer to Howardette trying to get them on the same boat was reasonable, it wasn't a resounding no, as in "No way this is so far off the table!", it was a reasonable "No we will do it when we're ready, not because you tell us". But that "Penny may leave" joke was annoying, I hate those jokes. The cake scene on the other hand... I thought I would love the gesture, a sweet Leonard gesture, classic considerate Leonard. But the scene went so fast and it didn't have the impact I expected. And Leonard forgetting their anniversary was just silly IMO. This is so not him. Penny? Sure, you could say she has a problem remembering dates, but Leonard? OOC. JMO, it wasn't even funny, they could do without it. I feared it would be heavier and make me very mad but it was just a silly redundant moment, I don't know why they chose to go with it. Oh, and Bernadette's casual "You're mean to Leonard" - can always count on Bernie to call Penny out! (Not that Penny cared too much but Bernie earned a point from me)

As much as I love Kunal's line reading at times I think I wouldn't notice if Raj's parts were cut out of that episode. That's sad.

Overall...nice. I hope for better though.

That Penny we'll leave joke was harmless imo. It was said lovingly. They were clearly poking fun, I think it showed how settled and happy they are. Fine you saw it different. But I thought it was funny.

And Leonard forgetting their anniversary I thought was pretty in character. It is typical Lenny. They can be clueless. Lenny I thought were great through out the episode. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-The phone call seemed to be the way to get the Ramona exposition out less awkwardly. Lenny fans should be happy that Lenny got to interject in Shamy's moment, shouldn't they? Payback or some nonsense.

-Too bad Hawking was paid to say that cheesy line.

-"God" can't do anything, let alone everything. Give your son some credit.

-"Yeah, you're mean to Leonard, I heard you". Is the show getting meta about that now?

-Writers couldn't wait to sink their teeth into some nagging wife jokes. 

-You know, if the writers were thinking in terms of Raj arcs, they could've done something different and had Ramona actually be responsive to a relationship. It would cause some conflict in the group and in the end he could do the responsible thing and choose his friend's feelings.

-NO! YES! NO! YES! NO! YES!

-Raj and Stuart shouldn't be that surprised that Shamy out-sped them. Comics are for lonely bitter people. Har har.

-The universe's bits and pieces. 

-Does Sheldon even read Amy's research? These colleagues of Amy's are pretty saintly for holding their tongues.

-Dusty behind the couch? I can see one flubbed line that needed to be edited out of the script.

-Don't strain your brain too hard, Sheldon. There's a door out of the apartment. Oops, gave it away.

-Lenny escapes peer pressure, but also escapes a new challenging area to write for them.

-Stuart and Raj only like each other when the other is down in the dumps. Anyways, given the news we have for 10.03, this Stuart date goes nowhere. Meaning it was only made as a line to twist a knife in Raj. Lousy bastard writers.

-"If I hear a flush, this conversation is over". 

-"How about now?". How many ever eons later....

-Leonard accidentally gives an anniversary present, but it's not like Penny ever gives him something "just cause". But whatever, Penny looks goofy with chocolate in her nose.

-How is Sheldon ever going to learn to be a cameo when he has an entire successor spinoff in his honor? Which I morally oppose ever checking out.

-If they are serious about Amy being part of a team, it's time to give her some background. None of this "if we find someone cool" shit. It's about filling in the character, not just having a guest star to have a guest star. *rolls eyes*

-Three months later. So we can expect the next birth by February 2018?

-"Thank you. Thank you so much". Eh, guess karma won't be smack-downing Ramona.

Edited by Shelldon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now