Tripper

101 - Pilot (September 25)

Season 1, Episode 1 - Pilot

Airs September 25, 2017 at 8:30/7:30c on CBS

9-year-old Sheldon Cooper is a once-in-a-generation mind capable of advanced mathematics and science but learns that isn't always helpful growing up in East Texas, a land where church and football are king.

I liked the episode. It's certainly different from TBBT and less funny, but I found the dynamics in the Cooper family pretty interesting. Actually, I was more interested in the reactions all of them had to Sheldon than to Sheldon himself. The scene in the locker room between George Jr. and his father was my favourite part of the episode, which is pretty telling, because I wasn't that interested in those characters before...

5 hours ago, mirs1 said:

I liked the episode. It's certainly different from TBBT and less funny, but I found the dynamics in the Cooper family pretty interesting. Actually, I was more interested in the reactions all of them had to Sheldon than to Sheldon himself. The scene in the locker room between George Jr. and his father was my favourite part of the episode, which is pretty telling, because I wasn't that interested in those characters before...

I've wondered about how grown-up Missy feels  if her son is  as highly intelligent and as academically inclined as Sheldon. She must wonder at first if she's saddled for life with the same crap she grew up with. I hope he doesn't have Sheldon's disorders.

Young Sheldon pulled in a 10.7 Household rating, and a 17 share, for it's Premiere.  It held on to  94% of the audience from The Big Bang Theory.  This is a pretty good accomplishment, as over the last few years, the typical series that followed TBBT, would only hold on to around 50% of it's audience.  I'll add other ratings as they come in today.  

Overnights and Demo Breakouts for 26 September, 2017

The Young Sheldon pilot brought in a 3.7 demo (18-49), with 16.57 million viewers.   In the 18-34 demo, it had a 1.9 and in the 25-54 demo, it had a 5.3.  

It's standing compared to other shows last night can be found here.

I'll put up the finals when they come in.