Tensor

Tensor will be temporarily unavailable.

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Carm6773 said:

I'm east of Tampa (grew up in Ruskin, where all the weather alerts come from) and according to the 5PM update, she's weakening and will probably only be a Cat 1 or 2 before she gets up here.    Hubby is delivering a load in Oklahoma tomorrow and then heads to Kansas, so I get to weather this in the walk-in closet all by myself.  This house has stood up to Charley, Frances, and Jeanne so hopefully I'll be OK.  Prayers for Tensor and Carlos (can't figure out how to tag).
Seeing the Hillsborough River and Bayshore water levels so low was freaky, y'all

glad you are safe!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Final update, its over for us.  We are still without power, and we have some major damage to one of our rooms. The roof was partially ripped away, and the wind blew the rain in under the roof.  We had water running down our walls, pooling in the ceiling, and it has soaked the carpet in that room.  We're looking at having to replace the roof over that room, the ceiling, possibly the walls, and definitely the carpet.  It happens to be the room that houses my computer, my router, my PS4, and all my books.  Along with a TV and a few other things.  Already contacted my insurance company.  I'll probably be off and on here for a couple of weeks. So, if I don't answer right away, you know why. 

Sad to hear about the house but really nice to know that you are okay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tensor said:

Final update, its over for us.  We are still without power, and we have some major damage to one of our rooms. The roof was partially ripped away, and the wind blew the rain in under the roof.  We had water running down our walls, pooling in the ceiling, and it has soaked the carpet in that room.  We're looking at having to replace the roof over that room, the ceiling, possibly the walls, and definitely the carpet.  It happens to be the room that houses my computer, my router, my PS4, and all my books.  Along with a TV and a few other things.  Already contacted my insurance company.  I'll probably be off and on here for a couple of weeks. So, if I don't answer right away, you know why. 

Glad to know you're ok!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tensor said:

Final update, its over for us.  We are still without power, and we have some major damage to one of our rooms. The roof was partially ripped away, and the wind blew the rain in under the roof.  We had water running down our walls, pooling in the ceiling, and it has soaked the carpet in that room.  We're looking at having to replace the roof over that room, the ceiling, possibly the walls, and definitely the carpet.  It happens to be the room that houses my computer, my router, my PS4, and all my books.  Along with a TV and a few other things.  Already contacted my insurance company.  I'll probably be off and on here for a couple of weeks. So, if I don't answer right away, you know why. 

That's sad, I hope you manage to repair the damages as soon (and unexpensive...) as possible. I'm happy though that it is over and that you're okay. You should worry about you house and  your stuff for the next few weeks, not the forum! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tensor said:

Final update, its over for us.  We are still without power, and we have some major damage to one of our rooms. The roof was partially ripped away, and the wind blew the rain in under the roof.  We had water running down our walls, pooling in the ceiling, and it has soaked the carpet in that room.  We're looking at having to replace the roof over that room, the ceiling, possibly the walls, and definitely the carpet.  It happens to be the room that houses my computer, my router, my PS4, and all my books.  Along with a TV and a few other things.  Already contacted my insurance company.  I'll probably be off and on here for a couple of weeks. So, if I don't answer right away, you know why. 

Glad to know you and your family are okay. I hope you manage to repair the damages  as soon and most unexpensive as possible. Take care!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Thank you to everyone who offered their thoughts and concerns, along with being glad we are OK.  It is appreciated.    :shy:

You get your power back yet?  Got mine back last night; was out for 43 hours.  Let me know if you need something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Carm6773 said:

You get your power back yet?  Got mine back last night; was out for 43 hours.  Let me know if you need something.

Yes we have power.  We were right around that.  It was funny, in a way, we were a small enclave of non-power.  Two blocks west, had power.  Three blocks north and south had power.  10 blocks east, power.   The only thing that is getting us right now, is the interesting smell from the carpet that got soaked (and is still damp).  But we can't do anything about that until the adjuster comes next week.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tensor said:

Yes we have power.  We were right around that.  It was funny, in a way, we were a small enclave of non-power.  Two blocks west, had power.  Three blocks north and south had power.  10 blocks east, power.    

Same here!  Trying to go out Monday night for some dinner was interesting.  It's not everyday you see lines around the block for Chick-Fil-A and Popeyes.  Couldn't even get a seat at my local sports bar, which usually is not busy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Carlos said:

Thank you so much for worrying Rick, and thank to all the people how wished us well. I just got back internet service, and was able to get back online today. Got back power a couple of days ago. In the area of Miami were I live we were basically pounded by wind and water all Sunday long (beginning late Saturday) but we are fortunately OK. In my case I just had tree damage and approximately 1/2 of my wood fence broke off , but didn't get any damage to the house itself. There is a canal behind my yard, and I was freaking out because the water level rose a lot and it was about 6 to 8 yards away from entering the house. Right when I was about to lose it, the rain started subsiding so all was well in the end.

Again, thank you so much to all the people who wished us well.

Rick: Sorry about the damage you suffered, but happy you're OK. Hope the insurance takes care of you quickly and efficiently. 

So glad you are ok!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Carlos said:

Thank you so much for worrying Rick, and thank to all the people how wished us well. I just got back internet service, and was able to get back online today. Got back power a couple of days ago. In the area of Miami were I live we were basically pounded by wind and water all Sunday long (beginning late Saturday) but we are fortunately OK. In my case I just had tree damage and approximately 1/2 of my wood fence broke off , but didn't get any damage to the house itself. There is a canal behind my yard, and I was freaking out because the water level rose a lot and it was about 6 to 8 yards away from entering the house. Right when I was about to lose it, the rain started subsiding so all was well in the end.

Again, thank you so much to all the people who wished us well.

Rick: Sorry about the damage you suffered, but happy you're OK. Hope the insurance takes care of you quickly and efficiently. 

So happy to see you back! And of course more happy that everything is okay and behind you (well except from that fence), it sounds quite scary. Hope everyone will get back on track soon.

Edited by bfm
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Carlos said:

Thank you so much for worrying Rick, and thank to all the people how wished us well. I just got back internet service, and was able to get back online today. Got back power a couple of days ago. In the area of Miami were I live we were basically pounded by wind and water all Sunday long (beginning late Saturday) but we are fortunately OK. In my case I just had tree damage and approximately 1/2 of my wood fence broke off , but didn't get any damage to the house itself. There is a canal behind my yard, and I was freaking out because the water level rose a lot and it was about 6 to 8 yards away from entering the house. Right when I was about to lose it, the rain started subsiding so all was well in the end.

Again, thank you so much to all the people who wished us well.

Rick: Sorry about the damage you suffered, but happy you're OK. Hope the insurance takes care of you quickly and efficiently. 

Glad you're OK!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thank you so much for worrying Rick, and thank to all the people how wished us well. I just got back internet service, and was able to get back online today. Got back power a couple of days ago. In the area of Miami were I live we were basically pounded by wind and water all Sunday long (beginning late Saturday) but we are fortunately OK. In my case I just had tree damage and approximately 1/2 of my wood fence broke off , but didn't get any damage to the house itself. There is a canal behind my yard, and I was freaking out because the water level rose a lot and it was about 6 to 8 yards away from entering the house. Right when I was about to lose it, the rain started subsiding so all was well in the end.
Again, thank you so much to all the people who wished us well.
Rick: Sorry about the damage you suffered, but happy you're OK. Hope the insurance takes care of you quickly and efficiently. 


Great to hear you survived Ok, Carlos.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, bfm said:

So happy to see you back! And of course more happy that everything is okay and behind you (well except from that fence), it sounds quite scary. Hope everyone will get back on track soon.

Happy to be back! And I want to thank you for caring. All in all I consider myself lucky, it wasn't that bad even if stressful. I hope Tensor gets everything repaired by the insurance company ASAP.

17 hours ago, Carm6773 said:

Glad you're OK!

Thank you!

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 7:13 PM, Die Zimtzicke said:

Yes, I am hoping hard that all is well with Carlos and we hear something soon.

Hey, thank you so much for caring. It is appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now