Tensor

Tensor will be temporarily unavailable.

Hi all.   I'm currently in the path of Hurricane Irma.  With the current path, the eye will pass over us, sometime late tomorrow night (Sunday 10 Sept).   We expect tropical storm force winds some time late tomorrow morning, early afternoon.  I fully expect to lose power sometime tomorrow, and it may not be back on for several days or possibly weeks.   Any concerns should be sent to Tripper, as I do not expect to be available.   

I've spent the last three to four days finishing all our preparations to the house (we have hurricane rated impact windows and our house is concrete block), all our stuff is inside, all our cats are safe.   We have about 30 gallons of water (~125 liters for our international members) and food enough for a couple of weeks, should that be necessary, and spare cash, if there's no power for cards.  If I'm able, I'll be updating Tripper (of course, if the cell tower loses power, I'll be unable to update), so there may be updates here.  You all take care and I'll see you on the other side.  :shy:

Tensor

Hi all. I live in Miami and while the eye will not pass directly over us we have been having very heavy rain and wind since around 8:00 PM (Saturday). It is now 1:28 AM and the rain and wind has intensified. I literally cannot believe we still have power. We also have impact windows and our 2 dogs are inside as well. Hoping for the best. Good luck, Rick! 

Good dose of perspective for what is really important in life. Staying tuned in over here in Australia via cable news, where we have these kind of events in common, although not in Melbourne where I am. Stay safe,@Tensor and@Carlos. Do what you need to do to get through this. We are all thinking of you in a scary time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Tensor said:

Hi all.   I'm currently in the path of Hurricane Irma.  With the current path, the eye will pass over us, sometime late tomorrow night (Sunday 10 Sept).   We expect tropical storm force winds some time late tomorrow morning, early afternoon.  I fully expect to lose power sometime tomorrow, and it may not be back on for several days or possibly weeks.   Any concerns should be sent to Tripper, as I do not expect to be available.   

I've spent the last three to four days finishing all our preparations to the house (we have hurricane rated impact windows and our house is concrete block), all our stuff is inside, all our cats are safe.   We have about 30 gallons of water (~125 liters for our international members) and food enough for a couple of weeks, should that be necessary, and spare cash, if there's no power for cards.  If I'm able, I'll be updating Tripper (of course, if the cell tower loses power, I'll be unable to update), so there may be updates here.  You all take care and I'll see you on the other side.  :shy:

Tensor

Will be thinking of you and your family. So glad you are taking the precautions you have. Be safe. The Forum is with you!

I'm east of Tampa (grew up in Ruskin, where all the weather alerts come from) and according to the 5PM update, she's weakening and will probably only be a Cat 1 or 2 before she gets up here.    Hubby is delivering a load in Oklahoma tomorrow and then heads to Kansas, so I get to weather this in the walk-in closet all by myself.  This house has stood up to Charley, Frances, and Jeanne so hopefully I'll be OK.  Prayers for Tensor and Carlos (can't figure out how to tag).
Seeing the Hillsborough River and Bayshore water levels so low was freaky, y'all