Sign in to follow this  
Nevaeh Lleh

Should the cast renew their contracts for a 13th (final) season so that the series finale will be their 300th episode?

Since the cast renewed their contracts for two more seasons (which means that the show would end at a total of 279 episodes), they might as well sign up for a 13th season (21 episodes instead of the standard 24) so that the series finale would be the 300th episode. Can you imagine the headlines that would make (The show went out with a 'big bang')!

If I recall, "Two and a Half Men" is the longest-lasting American comedy series (12 seasons). FYI - "The Simpsons" and "Saturday Night Live" don't count, as I'm only talking about [live-action] and [situation] comedies.  Therefore, if "The Big Bang Theory' surpassed 12 seasons instead of being tied with "Two and a Half Men," that would make for some great publicity.

Edited by Nevaeh Lleh

Actually, Ozzie and Harriet is the longest running live-action sitcom.  It ran 14 years (52-66) and for 435 episodes.   There are(or will be)  three series at 12 years.  My Three Sons, Two and a Half Men, and TBBT.  Of those three, My Three Sons ran for 380 episodes (60-72), Two and a Half Men ran for 262 (03-12), and TBBT currently will run for 279, (07-19).  It alread has Two and a Half Men beat, in episodes, and would have to run for another for years to catch My Three Sons. So other than becoming only the second longest running live action comedy (in terms of years) it won't even make second in terms of episodes. .