The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kimberly Rose

Halley [Spoiler Alert]

I heard that we are NEVER going to see Halley. And since we haven't yet, I don't think we will. Isn't that wrong? They say it's a tribute to Carol Ann Susi and her character Mrs. Wolowitz, but don't you think actually seeing her granddaughter would be a much better one? Howard could celebrate her life on her birthday each year, that would be a wonderful tribute; but I think making her granddaughter a ghost is rather disrespectful. I think they made her a cameo because Mrs. Wolowitz was a cameo, but there are better ways to pay respects.
And I'm really hoping their second baby doesn't cry the same.

I dont think its disrespectful. Or they ever intended to keep Hailey a cameo to homage Mrs Wolowitz. I just think it works better that way. I dont think the actors want to work with kids. And fair enough. I am not sure where your getting your information. But I don't think Halley was ever intended to be a tribute to Mrs Wolowitz, or the actress who played her. I dont think it was ever intended to be. So I don't see an issue here. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:

But I don't think Halley was ever intended to be a tribute to Mrs Wolowitz, or the actress who played her. I dont think it was ever intended to be.

It was said in plenty of interviews that Halley being only heard but not seen was an homage to Howard's mom cause she was also only heard but not seen.

Maybe things will change when the second baby is born but for now I think it's a fitting tribute to the character and the actress (a friend of hers is voicing the cry).

• Like 1

It's quite normal for children to take after a grandparent. There's nothing disrespectful or spooky about it. Traits are passed down in every family. I used to complain to my dad that he gave me his mother's hairy chin when I'd rather have inherited my mother's fingernails. 

I think we'll hear Halley yelling that her little brother wants something, eg 'Ma ! Mikey's hungry,' so that we don't have to hear both babies crying. That's normal too, a slightly older child speaking for the younger one.

21 hours ago, joyceraye said:

I think we'll hear Halley yelling that her little brother wants something, eg 'Ma ! Mikey's hungry,' so that we don't have to hear both babies crying. That's normal too, a slightly older child speaking for the younger one.

At this point in time, Halley is only 7 months old. By the time her sibling is born, she'll just be one year. They're still very dependent at that age. They're babbling things like glurble and hooby.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Kimberly Rose said:

At this point in time, Halley is only 7 months old. By the time her sibling is born, she'll just be one year. They're still very dependent at that age. They're babbling things like glurble and hooby.

I suppose it's just possible that the makers of tbbt will stick to the timeline. Halley is in her tenth month of life now -  if they bother to count. :)  Some children have started walking by that age. Halley might be talking a bit already as well as babbling. I bet she can say 'hungry'  and 'more'  by now, even if everything else sounds lke gibberish for another few months.  With all the adult attention she's getting, her sex, her age, and intelligence genes, she may very well be able to yell enough words to save baby Mikey the trouble by the time he needs her to. The age at which they walk and talk varies. Some worry their parents  by missing out the babbling stage altogether, just pointing with a grunt, and then they suddenly break the silence with whole phrases correctly pronounced.  ( I was talking in sentences by the time I was eighteen months old but didn't walk until I was twenty months. ) I bet the tbbt writers have got this all worked out. We won't be hearing two babies crying for long, if at all.

2 hours ago, Kimberly Rose said:

Right, I forgot about the three-month leap.

Don't worry. Last year the very writers of the show forgot when the pregnancy had been announced (St Valentine's Day)  and so made it last at least eleven months (until 17th December) and they're paid to remember such things. :) 

On 9/29/2017 at 3:12 AM, joyceraye said:

I suppose it's just possible that the makers of tbbt will stick to the timeline. Halley is in her tenth month of life now -  if they bother to count. :)  Some children have started walking by that age. Halley might be talking a bit already as well as babbling. I bet she can say 'hungry'  and 'more'  by now, even if everything else sounds lke gibberish for another few months.  With all the adult attention she's getting, her sex, her age, and intelligence genes, she may very well be able to yell enough words to save baby Mikey the trouble by the time he needs her to. The age at which they walk and talk varies. Some worry their parents  by missing out the babbling stage altogether, just pointing with a grunt, and then they suddenly break the silence with whole phrases correctly pronounced.  ( I was talking in sentences by the time I was eighteen months old but didn't walk until I was twenty months. ) I bet the tbbt writers have got this all worked out. We won't be hearing two babies crying for long, if at all.

Steve Holland said in an interview that they didn't know if that joke worked twice, and that they were exploring their options of how to include the second baby in a new way. I like your idea of having Halley yelling actual words. They could also "age" her a little, and have her dart across the screen, running for a toy or snack, with Bernie yelling to slow down. Brief looks at Halley could be like what they did with Mrs. Wolowitz on the rooftop in "The Countdown Reflection" or season 6's "The Spoiler Alert Segmentation." I'm very intrigued by the possibilities!

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Kev0821 said:

Steve Holland said in an interview that they didn't know if that joke worked twice, and that they were exploring their options of how to include the second baby in a new way. I like your idea of having Halley yelling actual words. They could also "age" her a little, and have her dart across the screen, running for a toy or snack, with Bernie yelling to slow down. Brief looks at Halley could be like what they did with Mrs. Wolowitz on the rooftop in "The Countdown Reflection" or season 6's "The Spoiler Alert Segmentation." I'm very intrigued by the possibilities!

Good idea.  Many babies of nine or ten months - Halley's age now if they stick to the December 17th birthday -  are running about already and she'll  almost certainly be on her feet by the time the new baby arrives. More likely it'll be a snack she wants, if she takes after Howard's mother that way too.

Edited by joyceraye
  • Haha 1