CSI, CSI Miami, CSI NY

• 4 weeks later...

I used to watch CSI Miami. Horatio (David Caruso) does the corniest, best opening lines! I also enjoy the relationships between Calleigh and Delko (Emily Procter and Adam Rodriguez).

I am not much into science in such shows. After many years working in the laboratory, you learn that

- you are not supposed to wear so much make-up, not to mention high heels, in the lab

- no one's lab coat is that prestine

- no PCR can give you a "DNA footprint" in 15 seconds

This is a fantastic article from "How Stuff Works" on the real science of CSI http://science.howstuffworks.com/csi5.htm

Some of the things they show on CSI the Program have not yet become a reality, but one can dream!

I watched a couple of episodes of each series, but I only really liked CSI Las Vegas (nothing to do with Gary Dourdan *ahem*). It's one of those series I like to watch if I stumble upon an episode on tv, but that never really push me to follow them from start to end.

- but I must admit, I am terrible at this!

This is a fantastic article from "How Stuff Works" on the real science of CSI http://science.howstuffworks.com/csi5.htm

Thank you for this! I love reading this kind of articles.

This is really OT, but there's a great blog by a real doctor about House, MD that does the same kind of review, in case you are interested -> http://www.politedissent.com/house_pd.html (the whole blog is actually amazing). Contains SPOLIERS.

• 1 year later...

I started out watching the original CSI as I love everything forensic :) Watched CSI Miami for a while, but didn't stick with it. Same with CSI New York, although I love Gary Sinise as an actor, I could not bring myself to follow this one as it's too dark for me ( not sure how to explain it, it has to do with the color spectrum each show is taped with ).

So I stuck with CSI OS. Had a heck of a rough time getting used to Laurence Fishburne taking over for Gil Grissom, now that I am finally liking his character, he is gonna be replaced by Ted Danson

( In Holland we are watching Season 11 episode 21, eagerly awaiting part III now )

Was happy to get my hands on all the special collector item extra sets they released.

Not sure how I will like Ted Danson, but heard he was doing ok as he is more into the Grissom approach with his team.

I used to watch CSI Miami. Horatio (David Caruso) does the corniest, best opening lines! I also enjoy the relationships between Calleigh and Delko (Emily Procter and Adam Rodriguez).

I am not much into science in such shows. After many years working in the laboratory, you learn that

- you are not supposed to wear so much make-up, not to mention high heels, in the lab

- no one's lab coat is that prestine

- no PCR can give you a "DNA footprint" in 15 seconds

Some of the things they show on CSI the Program have not yet become a reality, but one can dream!

To add to that, as a forensics team, they should always be dressed in those white overalls, as the 1st rule in collecting evidence from a crime scene is not contaminating the crime scene with anything you have brought in on your body...

I love reading the books written by Dr Bill Bass ( creator of real The Body Farm in Tennessee ) & Jon Jefferson to write non fiction/ fiction. Loved reading the Non Fiction about the process of setting up The Bodyfarm and cases he has solved or tried to solve.

If anyone is interested here is the link to their home page

The Body Farm

@Netmouse Thanks, enjoying watching this all on a huge screen

All the people that I know are already able to watch Season 12, are really raving about Ted Danson's part. Just had Season 11 finale here last Monday & hate to see Fishburne go. But it seems that we are heading straight into S 12 this coming Monday, so I will be able to judge for myself :)

They have said ratings went down as story lines weren't as good as in the beginning, but I thought the Haskell one was great!

• 4 weeks later...

I watch all three. I was disappointed when Petersen left the original CSI Las Vegas, but Fishburne really started to grow on me. Now he's replaced by Danson, who's bringing his own stamp, and I'm not having any trouble at all getting used to him. I'm going to miss Marge Hellenberger, though--for me she was kind of the 'glue' that held the group together.

I like CSI NY--really GREAT ensemble cast, at least IMO. And the new addition--Sela Ward--is really growing on me. I like her easy rapport with Sinese (one of my favorite actors, period!).

I run hot and cold on CSI Miami, but I don't mind admitting at all that every time Eva LaRue is on screen, my eyes are glued!

• 2 months later...