The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

9 minutes ago, veejay said:

I just remembered these lines previously:

L: I can see all my stuff is gone!
P: Oh, so, you believe your friend, and your friend's wife and your own eyes over me? Wow.
L: You really didn't think I'd notice my stuff was missing?
P: Uh, did you notice your key chain?
L: Where's Batman?!

S10 - The Veracity Elasticity

Of course there might be a lot of batman-keychains around the house as also some break-ups were happened (imaginary). :shy:

Must be more than one considering that scene with Stuart at the end was four years ago IIRC.

Edited by Jonny
Scene was set 4 years ago.
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, HeWolf said:

Lenny are not neglected. They were never properly established beyond the ‘good guy nerd likes the sweet natured hottie’, and ‘he wants her to see him as relationship material because he really cares about her’ dynamic. Despite his intelligence, overall decent character, academic and professional achievements, and sincere love and appreciation for Penny; Leonard is presented in the relationship as second rate, and someone Penny ‘settled’ for when choosing to be with him. She wanted Leonard’s good qualities in the Kurt/Zack type of guy, but couldn’t find that. Dave Underhill was really her ideal, but he just turned out to be an intelligent slime ball. This has all been perpetuated into the current, endless stream, of comments from them both on how he ‘wore her down’ and her never standing up for him when the others comment on her ‘settling’ for Leonard. There has never been any real effort on the part of the writers to establish them as a couple with common interests, mutual ideals, or shared goals. To this day the emphasis is still placed more on their differences than on any commonalities they may have. That the writers cannot (or will not) do any better than this is sad; bordering on pathetic.

As for the other issues, there is not enough time to comment on all the inconsistencies and ruined canon produced by the producers, show runners and writers. In many ways TBBT has always been more closely related to skit comedy than any sort of episodic television. Some things are repeated (Sheldon’s eidetic memory) when convenient for a laugh, but nothing ever seems to be binding in the minds of the writers. Penny’s intelligence is another shining example. When they need her to be ditzy she couldn’t spell cat if you spotted her the c and the t. Otherwise, she’s more than capable of holding her own with the geniuses.

The comments (complaints) concerning these issues are all certainly valid. But, they are not simply coming about because the show is mid-way through season 11. They have all existed almost from the beginning. They’re no less irritating today, but they are nothing new.

This is a wonderful resume of the situation for me. Thank you.

12 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Either that or Leonard goes ninja on his ass the next time Sheldon tries to Slut Sham his Wife.

I'm willing to bet almost anything this does NOT ever happen.

11 hours ago, SRAM said:

Well this episode proves it, Sheldon is a complete asshat, he has now stolen money from Leonard.  Add that to his stealing his ideas and torturing with that wool sweater, definitely qualifies Sheldon as the biggest asshat on the show.

Sheldon acted like an asshat. No question about it. But I wouldn't say he stole money. He didn't know at the time how much money would be involved and it would have been entirely possibly for it to go the other way and them not be able to track down the laptop after so many years and the keychain could have saved the day. They could have gone a lot of ways with this. Why they chose this way is something I do not understand.

• Like 3

Sheldon has really gone from quirky to a real asshat the last couple of seasons. He just comes off badly to me anymore, he is really a horribly selfish person and before when it sort of looked like he had OCD or something like that, that is all gone and he just looks like a smart self-important jerk now.  His putting down of woman, especially Penny, is really not funny anymore and crude for someone who is supposed to be so smart.  I’m really thinking the Sheldon show is heading off the rails.  For me last nights episode was refreshing it that it deviated from the Sheldon Show norm and had one main plot running through the whole episode, it was more like the early funnier seasons for me, although I do admit you had to really ignore the continuity to really enjoy the episode.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, djsurrey said:

To me it looked more like a prank gone bad.

That 'prank' cost his friends thousands of dollars. Regardless of his motivation, Sheldon's transfer of the files contributed to their ultimate loss. He is culpable. If you have money stashed in your mattress and someone decides to 'teach you that's not a good place to keep money' and they move it to your sofa cushion, and you, believing the cash to still be where you put it, get rid of the sofa, then the person that moved it is culpable for its loss. 

This behavior would be less reprehensible had they chosen a less valuable commodity to build the plot upon. We never learned how many bitcoins were actually lost, but even a few would total many thousands of dollars. To me, this is another one of those 'end of the friendship' moments. In my world, Sheldon would be on the curb.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

This is a wonderful resume of the situation for me. Thank you.

I'm willing to bet almost anything this does NOT ever happen.

Sheldon acted like an asshat. No question about it. But I wouldn't say he stole money. He didn't know at the time how much money would be involved and it would have been entirely possibly for it to go the other way and them not be able to track down the laptop after so many years and the keychain could have saved the day. They could have gone a lot of ways with this. Why they chose this way is something I do not understand.

When you take something from someone without their permission it is stealing.  It has been also been determined, in court, that if you deny someone access to their own property, it this electronics age, that is a punishable crime.  Sheldon did something horrible and cost his friends thousands of dollars, just for another of his ‘teachable’ moments, is it no wonder no one attended his classes when he was a junior professor.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, JE7 said:

The bitcoin did not belong to sheldon, he took something of value from its rightfull owners with the intent of depriving them of its use thats theft. If he intended to reveal its location when and if he was provided with something he wanted as ransom even if the ransom was an apology it is still theft and a value of $5000.00 makes it a felony. 

If i took these facts to a judge i could get an arrest warrant with no problem

It wasn't in Sheldon's possession though. It was with Leonard all along and all Leonard ever had to do was actually look at what was on that data stick (which he apparently hadn't done in the 3 years until he lost the key chain??). Sheldon didn't hide it in a secret storage or anything that was out of reach for Leonard. That was the whole point of the prank. A "haha you had it all along!" which is pretty harmless as intentions go. The value would also depend on what it was worth at the time - which was objectively pretty much nothing. I don't think a judge would bother with such a case - law is tricky like that.

In the end it was Stuart who apparently not only stole the key chain (as in "keeping it from its rightful owner" - as @joyceraye has pointed out elsewhere he could have at least wondered who it might belong to and asked his usual customers - his motives were very clear in that he wanted to make a small profit here) but also destroyed the bitcoins due to wiping the contents of the stick. I don't think a judge would bother with that either though cause, again, these things weren't worth all that much back in the day. Though they were worth a lot more at the time Stuart found the stick than when Sheldon must have transferred them, so depending on how many there where there might at least be a small case to make. But again, since Stuart didn't keep the bitcoins and apparently wasn't even aware they were on the stick before wiping it it would be hard to prove a solid motive here. Well, beyond selling the stick that belonged to someone else, I guess.

• Like 4
  • Run to India 1
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

3 minutes ago, SRAM said:

When you take something from someone without their permission it is stealing.  It has been also been determined, in court, that if you deny someone access to their own property, it this electronics age, that is a punishable crime.

Well, Sheldon would say he didn't deny Leonard access to his property since he gave him the keychain. I don't know. I said I wish they had not gone this way and I meant it. As for it being a crime, only if someone was willing to prosecute him and none of them ever would. No matter how big of a jerk he is. Wussy Leonard being wussy Leonard again...is that ever going to stop? I'd like to see him be assertive once in awhile.

3 minutes ago, April said:

t wasn't in Sheldon's possession though. It was with Leonard all along and all Leonard ever had to do was actually look at what was on that data stick (which he apparently hadn't done in the 3 years until he lost the key chain??). Sheldon didn't hide it in a secret storage or anything that was out of reach for Leonard. That was the whole point of the prank. A "haha you had it all along!" which is pretty harmless as intentions go. The value would also depend on what it was worth at the time - which was objectively pretty much nothing. I don't think a judge would bother with such a case - law is tricky like that.

Especially, as I said, if no one would press charges.

• Like 3

I dunno about all of you but physical violence, jail sentences and severing ties with friends doesn't make for good comedy in my book.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, veejay said:

P: Oh, so, you believe your friend, and your friend's wife and your own eyes over me? Wow.

Of course there might be a lot of batman-keychains around the house as also some break-ups were happened (imaginary). :shy:

LOL Before the tag I also wondered if it was the one Penny got rid of. But I guess Leonard just got a replacement which might explain why Sheldon didn't notice immediately that the one with the bitcoins went missing. Then again he was present when Leonard discovered the latest one was gone so unless Leonard had several Batman key chains that should have alarmed him already.

Oh continuity, thou art a heartless bitch!

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jonny said:

I dunno about all of you but physical violence, jail sentences and severing ties with friends doesn't make for good comedy in my book.

No, they don't. Sadly, neither did this story line.

• Like 2

n_0399.gif.abcd34d8802d53b082704e44cfc6ba13.gif

A delinquently conclusion after today's EP...

Sheldon: I guess we've all learned a lesson today.
Amy: What was the lesson?
Sheldon: I don't know.

...well, I do know, dumbass! :shy:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, veejay said:

That one can't have been another drive or Penny wouldn't have hidden it. When he got a new key chain, Leonard just got a Batman dangler.

1 hour ago, April said:

It wasn't in Sheldon's possession though. It was with Leonard all along and all Leonard ever had to do was actually look at what was on that data stick (which he apparently hadn't done in the 3 years until he lost the key chain??). Sheldon didn't hide it in a secret storage or anything that was out of reach for Leonard. That was the whole point of the prank. A "haha you had it all along!" which is pretty harmless as intentions go. The value would also depend on what it was worth at the time - which was objectively pretty much nothing. I don't think a judge would bother with such a case - law is tricky like that.

In the end it was Stuart who apparently not only stole the key chain (as in "keeping it from its rightful owner" - as @joyceraye has pointed out elsewhere he could have at least wondered who it might belong to and asked his usual customers - his motives were very clear in that he wanted to make a small profit here) but also destroyed the bitcoins due to wiping the contents of the stick. I don't think a judge would bother with that either though cause, again, these things weren't worth all that much back in the day. Though they were worth a lot more at the time Stuart found the stick than when Sheldon must have transferred them, so depending on how many there where there might at least be a small case to make. But again, since Stuart didn't keep the bitcoins and apparently wasn't even aware they were on the stick before wiping it it would be hard to prove a solid motive here. Well, beyond selling the stick that belonged to someone else, I guess.

More the problem for me is Sheldon going on Leonard's computer without his permission. The whole plot reeked itchy sweater. Was it harmless? I suppose. But the way Sheldon is about his stuff what do you think if Leonard had done that to him? Do you think he would of been understanding?

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, JE7 said:

People can try to hand wave this away as its only a tv show or they are all friends so its ok... 

But that dosent change the facts, Sheldon in one of his usual fits of self-rightus arrogance at being "slighted" took a valuable item which belonged to his friends without their knowledge or permission and hid it, the item he hid it in was subsequently lost taking the stolen item with it.

He took someone elses property and due to his actions they will never get it back.

That means Sheldon IS a thief. The thing they didnt want him to become in the skywalker ranch episode where he originally stole a lightsaber. TPTB apparently have decided that Homo- Novus can now get away with anything including stealing from his friends and its all cool cause, you know, thats just Sheldon.

If one of the guys did this to Sheldon there would be IMO screaming and yelling on this thread.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

More the problem for me is Sheldon going on Leonard's computer without his permission. The whole plot reeked itchy sweater. Was it harmless? I suppose. But the way Sheldon is about his stuff what do you think if Leonard had done that to him? Do you think he would of been understanding?

Since they are doing flashbacks, I’d like to see Penny going on Sheldon’s computer and seeing his notes/diary about the time in season 3 when he agreed to teach her some Physics.  I’m sure she would like that he equated teaching her to teaching a gorilla and that the information he had her memorize was basically to insult Leonard.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, SRAM said:

Since they are doing flashbacks, I’d like to see Penny going on Sheldon’s computer and seeing his notes/diary about the time in season 3 when he agreed to teach her some Physics.  I’m sure she would like that he equated teaching her to teaching a gorilla and that the information he had her memorize was basically to insult Leonard.

Or a flashback showing the reason that Shamy is together is because of a dirty sock. They could of recreated their first meeting instead of the scene with Amy at the Cheesecake Factory.

• Like 2

As far as I'm concerned that was funny.They shouldn't have excluded Sheldon in the first place and I am also biased since I hate Leonard.Anyway,this is coming from someone who loves the peep show - a show with horrible main characters?

Edited by DoctorWhat
  • Like 1
  • Run to India 1

4 hours ago, JE7 said:

The bitcoin did not belong to sheldon, he took something of value from its rightfull owners with the intent of depriving them of its use thats theft. If he intended to reveal its location when and if he was provided with something he wanted as ransom even if the ransom was an apology you can possible add a charge of blackmail, and a value of $5000.00 makes it a felony. 

If i took these facts to a judge i could get an arrest warrant with no problem

He did not take it from them but moved it to the flash drive still in Leonard's possession. He was not trying to deprive them of it but just make them squirm if it actually gained value.

At the time Leonard placed little value on it. He could not remember what laptop it was on and had actually given the laptop away. 

Bitcoin reminds me of Tulipmania

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania

• Like 4
  • Run to India 1
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

All i can go bye are my moral values and if i do i would definitely consider sheldon a lousy friend and thief

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, DoctorWhat said:

Where do I say Sheldon is innocent?The whole point of my comment was that yes,I am biased,Sheldon can be nasty,I love it

You must of loved the episode when he tried to “befriend” the little girl at the library?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, djsurrey said:

He did not take it from them but moved it to the flash drive still in Leonard's possession. He was not trying to deprive them of it but just make them squirm if it actually gained value.

At the time Leonard placed little value on it. He could not remember what laptop it was on and had actually given the laptop away. 

Bitcoin reminds me of Tulipmania

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania

Away to his then girlfriend who lived across the hall.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DoctorWhat said:

Where do I say Sheldon is innocent?The whole point of my comment was that yes,I am biased,Sheldon can be nasty,I love it

Shelly isn't nasty, he's totally clueless. 

• Like 1
  • Run to India 1

Just now, chucky said:

So he was totally clueless when he was basically calling a Penny a slut in the last episode? I'm sure we could come up a list of nasty things he said knowing darn well what he was saying.

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Chrismo said:

You must of loved the episode when he tried to “befriend” the little girl at the library?

I don't get this tbh ?

1 hour ago, chucky said:

I think he partly is or at list he used to be but these days,I don't believe it for one moment.

Edited by DoctorWhat
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1