The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

4 minutes ago, Mislav said:

It looks like Penny is getting sick of Leonard's quirks and interests too, since she started moving his collectibles into a storage unit without telling him.

I don't know, I think they agreed to put them in Sheldon's old room.

8 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

He was trying to get his own back, after Amy ruined Indiana Jones.

She actually didn't. It was ruined by whoever wrote the script to the movie.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Chrismo said:

Young Sheldon

Sorry. Never watched it.

Having never watched it, I'm going with what's cannon on TBBT.

From The Electric Can Opener Fluctuation:-

Mrs Cooper: All right. If you recall, when you were little, we sat right here at this very spot and we talked about some of the problems you had getting along with the neighbour kids.

Sheldon: That was different. They were threatened by my intelligence and too stupid to know that’s why they hated me.

Mrs Cooper: Oh baby, they knew very well why they hated you.

28 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Since Sheldon's father cheated does that mean we will see him cheat in season 12.

He was worried he would cheat on Amy.

Edited by Stephen Hawking

20 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

She actually didn't. It was ruined by whoever wrote the script to the movie.

True, but Amy pointed it out.

Until then, Sheldon loved the movie, and was oblivious to its shortcomings.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

I am guessing may be Howard dad did probably too. 

Well, as far as I'm aware, Howard's parents didn't divorce, so, given Howard has a half-brother, I'm guessing he did cheat.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Well, as far as I'm aware, Howard's parents didn't divorce, so, given Howard has a half-brother, I'm guessing he did cheat.

Howard mom could have divorced his dad without him being around and cited abandonment 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Denise07 said:

I am so behind on comments but when I can catch TBBT and overall the new episodes are just Meh for me.  It's more that comfort level type if watching as opposed to being really excited about any one thing. 

Weighing in on the discussion that stems from Shamy's uniqueness to Lenny and divorce.  My thoughts are Shamy had all the makings to be a truly unique couple.  IMO, tPTB wrote themselves into a corner and weren't sure how to get out, so what was once a truly quirky couple is not just any other couple with 2 quirky people (sex, living together, engaged, getting married, etc).   

Also, what drew me to TBBT was really none of the couples but their friendships.  I don't care if anyone evolves or changes.  But write for the group.  No story should take lead or precedence over another...every so often yes a story might for an episode or 2.  There could be arcs that run throughout.  What sticks out about s11...shamy and wedding planning and in a distant second...Howardette pregnancy 2. 

TPTB can do whatever they want and clearly they do.  TBBT is still the number 1 comedy. 

Could they have written the show differently and not alienated those that that loved the friendships or gang together episodes or Lenny fans?  Damn straight.  It's disappointing for this fan. 

Thanks. Double thumbs up!

thumbup6.gif.3d8e283a3451d6cb6e122f45ce3e32fb.gif

yapbo34x41.gif.4cdba040dc102caabbe9bffabf3b9d77.gif

• Like 5
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

18 minutes ago, Denise07 said:

TPTB can do whatever they want and clearly they do.  TBBT is still the number 1 comedy. 

Could they have written the show differently and not alienated those that that loved the friendships or gang together episodes or Lenny fans?  Damn straight.  It's disappointing for this fan. 

Amen to that. Not only that, and I know I'm going to here about how the ratings are so high for season 11, they could easily IMO had millions of more fans if the writing wasn't so one sided.

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, Denise07 said:

I am so behind on comments but when I can catch TBBT and overall the new episodes are just Meh for me.  It's more that comfort level type if watching as opposed to being really excited about any one thing. 

Weighing in on the discussion that stems from Shamy's uniqueness to Lenny and divorce.  My thoughts are Shamy had all the makings to be a truly unique couple.  IMO, tPTB wrote themselves into a corner and weren't sure how to get out, so what was once a truly quirky couple is not just any other couple with 2 quirky people (sex, living together, engaged, getting married, etc).   

Also, what drew me to TBBT was really none of the couples but their friendships.  I don't care if anyone evolves or changes.  But write for the group.  No story should take lead or precedence over another...every so often yes a story might for an episode or 2.  There could be arcs that run throughout.  What sticks out about s11...shamy and wedding planning and in a distant second...Howardette pregnancy 2. 

That was a perfect post. I couldn't have said it better myself. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Denise07 said:

Weighing in on the discussion that stems from Shamy's uniqueness to Lenny and divorce.  My thoughts are Shamy had all the makings to be a truly unique couple.  IMO, TPTB wrote themselves into a corner and weren't sure how to get out, so what was once a truly quirky couple is now just any other couple with 2 quirky people (sex, living together, engaged, getting married, etc).   

You make some interesting points but I am not sure I see this radical change in Shamy you think there has been. The brain is still just as powerful in their relationship, they enjoy each others company based on that intellect and it does turn them on sexually.

Is there more to their relationship now like sex and other forms of intimacy? Yes, but the brain/intellect is still without doubt the most important part of their relationship.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, serena_1995 said:

you think it was very mature and sensitive for Penny to clean  Sheldon's toilet with a toothbrush and Lenny to mock him ? It was cruel .  How  come you forget about that ? How come Sheldon is the only bad guy ?   And Leonard shouldn't have been keeping a secret from Penny in the first place, so he was also in the wrong.  Sheldon may have been insensitive  but he only revealed what was true in the first place.  

Maybe what you say is true, but I was commenting on the topic that Sheldon always has to win and show how he is right all the time without caring how inappropriate his remarks might be. Sheldon does this constantly and for Penny and Leonard to get a little satisfaction once in awhile doesn't even come to the level where Sheldon is..

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Yes, but the brain/intellect is still without doubt the most important part of their relationship.

Season 4. Yes. Now. I don't see it.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Jonny said:

You make some interesting points but I am not sure I see this radical change in Shamy you think there has been. The brain is still just as powerful in their relationship, they enjoy each others company based on that intellect and it does turn them on sexually.

Is there more to their relationship now like sex and other forms of intimacy? Yes, but the brain/intellect is still without doubt the most important part of their relationship.

But, now a days Amy is so jealous of what Penny and Bernadette has from their S.O. She wants the intimacy and sex. They have been together as a couple for maybe a bit over 6 years and all she has is sex maybe two times, Can't get Sheldon to be any kind of intimate. She knows her biological clock is ticking and she wants to put the pedal to the metal in their relationship. I hope she has fun having those 15 kids, cause  no way in hell will Penny do any of that for them.

4 minutes ago, chucky said:

But, now a days Amy is so jealous of what Penny and Bernadette has from their S.O. She wants the intimacy and sex. They have been together as a couple for maybe a bit over 6 years and all she has is sex maybe two times, Can't get Sheldon to be any kind of intimate. She knows her biological clock is ticking and she wants to put the pedal to the metal in their relationship. I hope she has fun having those 15 kids, cause  no way in hell will Penny do any of that for them.

She is? 

Wow that is news to me.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Season 4. Yes. Now. I don't see it.

She said as much, in the Solo Oscillation.

8 hours ago, bfm said:

I agree, after reading some of Holland's recent interviews I wrote that it seems like they realized, from critics and viewers' reactions, that things came across differently than they had wanted. The comments about Penny being mean are them giving voice to the audience. They did a similar thing when Raj said something about an elephant when mentioning Bernadette's previous pregnancy.

Thinking back I recall how in the episode "Romance Recalibration" when Penny and Leonard have a disagreement and she opts to take Amy to the spa weekend instead of Leonard, I just can't help remembering when Leonard walked out of the room Penny's face was almost distraught as if she was thinking to herself that was not a good thing to do and felt bad that it resulted that way.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, chucky said:

Sheldon will be in for a shock in 10 years time (give or take) when Amy hit menopause. She in her mid-30s and so really won't have enough time to birth 15 Kids.

At this point, she probably will only be able to manage to have at least 5 kids by the time she 46 if she lucky.

The fact is: Amy is what the medical world considers women of that age past her prime in childbearing. Her Egg production is starting to decline as they start dying in mid 30s. She not a “fresh” women anymore.

You would think Sheldon would know that

If Sheldon wanted that many Kids he should have married 10-15 years ago or married a much younger woman. The only way they will have 15 is of they adopt

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

Sheldon will be home n for shock in 10 years time (give or take) when Amy hit menopause. She in her mid 30s and so realistically wont have enough tome to birth 15 Kids.

At this point she probably will only be abl to mange to have at least 5 kids by the time she 46 if she lucky.

Amy doesn't even want 15 kids. Her number was 2 so I guess that's the number of pregnancies she's fine with (maybe they end up with more than two kids if they happen to have twins).

The fact is: Amy is what the medical world considers a women of that age past her prime in childbearing. Her Egg production is starting to decline as they start dying in mid 30s. She not a “fresh” women anymore.

You would think Sheldon would know that

Pointing that out in a rude manner was the reason Amy dumped his ass in 9x01, or at least the last straw. So yes, he knows, hence why...

If Sheldon wanted that many Kids he should have married 10-15 years ago or married a much younger women. Only way they will have 15 is of they adopt

He literally says what method he thought of immediately: Surrogacy. Obviously Penny won't be a serious option but she's not the only woman in California able and more importantly willing to act as a surrogate. So I'm not sure why Amy having those 15 kids herself or adoption is part of the argument here???

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

On 3/8/2018 at 1:31 PM, Jonny said:

The original 'ship'.

NO! Just no. Loved the show but hated the ship. Changed everything.

On 3/8/2018 at 2:38 PM, April said:

he fans of Kirk/Spock invented "slash" - which is referring to the "/" in the ship name.

Oh, no. Slash started with Illya and Napoleon. It was passed around in magazine form back them but it was everywhere when i was young.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

NO! Just no. Loved the show but hated the ship. Changed everything.

Blasphemy!!!

J/K, I of course know there are people out there who feel that way. But I've been shipping them since I was 12/13 and I will forever.

Edited by Jonny
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Jonny said:

Blasphemy!!!

You obviously didn't see all the Scully/Doggett fanfiction. But seriously, after she gave away William i totally gave it up

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2L344 said:

In the coitus episode Sheldon tells Amy he can’t wait until her next birthday so they  could “do it again”. Amy’s reply was “Works for me!”. Since then they have enjoyed sex a few more times with hints at other forms of intimacy they engage in. They did a little role playing involving Harry Potter I believe, and Sheldon initiates sex when Amy leaves for Princeton.

Amy’s a patient person (like you point out, she’s been with Sheldon for a long stretch) and her pursuit of an intimate relationship with Sheldon is complete. She appears satisfied with it and, with talk of baby names and how many kids they each want, is not in the dark about where her relationship is headed. Marriage and a family is in the cards and I think she is very content with life with Sheldon.

To add to that:

Once she was longing for Sheldon to be more romantic and emotionally honest with her (see 8x02) but now he's giving her all sorts of dorky lovey-dovey speeches ("You're my heart worm!", "You're even better than dark matter!", etc. etc.) so that's checked off the list as well.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • It's a Tiara 1