The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, Jonny said:

If they stay true to the characters I just can't see it, they are far too quirky individually so everyday or common scenarios involving them as a married couple IMO will always likely have some kind of quirky twist to it.

Like the dilemma of choosing a best man or a maid of honor (not getting into whether it was a shitty thing to do or not i.e. experimenting on their friends or if it was hilarious) but only they would experiment on their friends in that manner. That's in character for them, its who they are.

I could see plenty of everyday scenarios with a kind of Shamy take on them. Sure they may come to the same outcome or end decision as many or any other couple during these challenges or opportunties but how they get there sometimes is just as important.

Anyway they should be married going into Season 12, i'll see then what the writers have in store for them or if anything changes. I could be wrong, but then again I could be right. :)

I'm not seeing the difference of things for them as living together or being married.

as to the dilemma of choosing the best man or maid of honor the problem for me was it wasn't tunny and very predictable.

again the everyday scenarios are going to change since their married?  I 'm sorry I don't see the changes.

As for changes. For example in the case of Lenny since they been married we've seen them once in bed together. So maybe there going to have Shamy in non stop bed scenes.?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MsGreentea said:

Looks  like it weighs a ton 

Yes, things like this are HEAVY with components made of bakelite, etc.

They make them portable so you can carry them to clients or on various parts of vessels or factories.

Edited by Capt. Hilts
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, legacy99 said:

Then they will start pushing for a shamy baby

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

About time.

9 hours ago, luminous said:

They won't diagnose him, but I find it interesting that they chose a picture where everybody is looking at Sheldon... 

Happy taping day!

• Like 7
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bfm said:

They won't diagnose him, but I find it interesting that they chose a picture where everybody is looking at Sheldon... 

Happy taping day!

tumblr_mcxy7vKetJ1rsxxnho1_250.gif

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Happy Taping Day! Here's hoping for s good, funny episode with a lot of Lenny love and goodness! :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:

tumblr_mcxy7vKetJ1rsxxnho1_250.gif

Well having ASD is not being crazy, maybe the doctor told Mary Sheldon just wasn't psychotic, which is true.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, bfm said:

Well having ASD is not being crazy, maybe the doctor told Mary Sheldon just wasn't psychotic, which is true.

But, she really should have gotten that second opinion. Is it too late to get that second opinion? :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 3

13 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Really where? Maybe for Shamy fans.

Not everyone watches for relationships. I know some people, not on the forum I concede, but friends, who are happy there has been a slight uptick in science and geek stuff this year.

10 hours ago, Capt. Hilts said:

Just a guess.  We use things like this on the historic naval vessel on which I am a volunteer

This made me smile because as I read it wearing a USS Cobia shirt from the Wisconsin Maritime Museum.

9 hours ago, Chrismo said:

As for changes. For example in the case of Lenny since they been married we've seen them once in bed together. So maybe there going to have Shamy in non stop bed scenes.?

I don't care about anyone's bed scenes unless they are talking about something that advances a plot while they're lying there.

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Not everyone watches for relationships. I know some people, not on the forum I concede, but friends, who are happy there has been a slight uptick in science and geek stuff this year.

I watch for all the above, relationships, science, some geek culture and friendships.

But just as the show has evolved so has my needs and even desires from the viewing experience. I want to see story progression and life stuff more than I did say in the past, if I find a relationship interesting then I have no problem seeing more storylines based around it if they are well written and enjoyable. In most cases I get way more enjoyment seeing them moving forward instead of standing still.

The science stuff again can be interesting and fun, but this season I wouldn't say it has been that interesting. In fact some of it has been really poorly written and average. Honestly this has been my least enjoyed season since probably Season 8.

Overall I have always seen this show as a life comedy, they just happen to be nerdy or geeky. They are still looking for what everyone else may be after, its just they have had a harder time getting there than most. Inspirational for many people myself included that is trying to find their place in the world.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, bfm said:

Happy taping day!

I noticed the same thing.

1 hour ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

This made me smile because as I read it wearing a USS Cobia shirt from the Wisconsin Maritime Museum.

Yep.  I have volunteered on a sub for 18 years!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bfm said:

Happy taping day!

They can't diagnose him. If they did, they'd be locked into one set of traits (quirks) and if he did or said something that did not fit into that diagnosis, this board and all other BBT boards would be down their throats faster than you can knock three times.

HEY! Maybe whoever came up with the knocking bit was a Tony Orlando and Dawn fan.

:)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I don't care about anyone's bed scenes unless they are talking about something that advances a plot while they're lying there.

And  I agree with that. Some big moments was no I love you from Penny and Leonard asking Penny to set up Howard with Benadette. It just seems strange in 2 years of marriage when you are sleeping with someone every night I can't recall a scene ( maybe 1?) of them in bed together.

• Like 5
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Not everyone watches for relationships. I know some people, not on the forum I concede, but friends, who are happy there has been a slight uptick in science and geek stuff this year..

I agree. I don't watch for just one particular couple I watch because I like the show in general.

Also, why do all these shows have to be all about sex nowadays? There are ways they can show that a couple loves each other without going there. Last I check Relationships (especially marriage) is about a lot more than what goes on behind a bedroom door. 

By the way Happy Taping Day! 

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

Last I check Relationships (especially marriage) is about a lot of more than what goes on behind a bedroom door. 

Or at the kitchen counter.

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Chrismo said:

And  I agree with that. Some big moments was no I love you from Penny and Leonard asking Penny to set up Howard with Benadette. It just seems strange in 2 years of marriage when you are sleeping with someone every night I can't recall a scene ( maybe 1?) of them in bed together.

I believe the last bed scene with P&L, if I recall correctly was season 10 premiere when they are talking about their wedding redo ceremony and Sheldon is busting chops on his mother and Leonard's father together.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Three tapings left...one it is going to be tonight:

Leonard-and-Penny-Fan-Art-the-big-bang-theory-33893293-245-225.gif.258162dc8d701d5a660c80e6cab812b5.gif

Molecules are everywhere and they will surely be in this big bang theory taping too! Happy taping day! :icon_cheesygrin:

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 6

I loved that scene, it's the first time we got to see take charge Leonard. :icon_wink:

• Like 1

Oh yay...it's time for me to come on and repeat myself...

My wish after this season is:  A more balanced show (and for now this does mean less Shamy)

Some focus on the lives of Lenny

Some good old fashioned all of the gang together Hi-jinks and lighthearted fun

Maybe even 3rd plot where Raj gets a steady GF

And with Howdette maybe less baby/career story line and more of them trying to find ways to still have fun sans kids (with their kiddoes mentioned every so often)

I say this and really have no hope that this will change.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Denise07 said:

Kind of like the Michigan/Villanova score.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Denise07 said:

A more balanced show (and for now this does mean less Shamy)

I wish you well with your list. of all of the items on your list, this is the least likely. Shamy and Sheldon is the favorite couple and character of the writers. I feel we will see them or just Sheldon in almost every plot from now on. As a Lenny, I find that repulsive. Don't get me wrong, I like Shamy, just not too much of them.

Ohhhh, that hurt! I can't believe you went there. Don't you know that fan base is in mourning?  :sarcastichand:

What does Alabama and Michigan's basketball team have in common? They both lost to Villanova in the tournament. :icon_cheesygrin:

Edited by chucky
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Denise07 said:

My wish after this season is:  A more balanced show (and for now this does mean less Shamy)

Some focus on the lives of Lenny

Some good old fashioned all of the gang together Hi-jinks and lighthearted fun

Maybe even 3rd plot where Raj gets a steady GF

And with Howdette maybe less baby/career story line and more of them trying to find ways to still have fun sans kids (with their kiddoes mentioned every so often)

Some really good wishes there, but I don't think the writers will change anything to season 12 to be honest.

I can only agree with you that if season 12 will be the last season, I would want Lenny to get some more screen-time and well thought out plots.

• Like 4