The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, GivesAWhit said:

Like his eidetic memory, synesthesia, asthma, etc., all is ephemeral unless it serves the purpose of the moment. There used to be people on telly shows who were paid specifically to track continuity. Despite its generous budget, I gather TBBT has eliminated that position.  

Perhaps that is more of a concern on a drama. Here they do rewrites on the fly if the  live audience does not react the way they want when they want.

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

Perhaps that is more of a concern on a drama. Here they do rewrites on the fly if the  live audience does not react the way they want when they want.

Quite true, that may be the reason. Still, for long-time viewers, glaring lapses in continuity are disconcerting. Even with on-the-spot rewrites, how often would those clash with established character traits?

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, chucky said:

Rewrites - Good or bad?

We are going into season 12 strong compared to most everything else out there so it cant be that harmful for the success of a sitcom. TBBT has been very very good for the cast. "cha-ching"

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, djsurrey said:

We are going into season 12 strong compared to most everything else out there so it cant be that harmful for the success of a sitcom. TBBT has been very very good for the cast. "cha-ching"

'There's a line'. so proud of myself for realising what that meant . (Eventually )

15 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

'There's a line'. so proud of myself for realising what that meant . (Eventually )

cooooool

• Like 1

10 hours ago, chucky said:

cooooool

Just read the Emmy nominations.................nothing for TBBT   They even admitted they left out  Mark Cendrowski for directing in the "Bow tie Asymmetry" This award show is becoming so tedious. In the Best Comedy category four of the same shows from last year were nominated again.  Still believe there should be two Emmy awards....one for cable tv and one for network tv since there is an overabundance of shows to watch.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Just read the Emmy nominations.................nothing for TBBT   They even admitted they left out  Mark Cendrowski for directing in the "Bow tie Asymmetry"

Well I guess TBBT is just fun fluff. Nothing edgy. Really the only takeaway is to appreciate your friends.

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Just read the Emmy nominations.................nothing for TBBT   They even admitted they left out  Mark Cendrowski for directing in the "Bow tie Asymmetry" This award show is becoming so tedious. In the Best Comedy category four of the same shows from last year were nominated again.  Still believe there should be two Emmy awards....one for cable tv and one for network tv since there is an overabundance of shows to watch.

I gave up on the show ever receiving another Emmy years ago.  Jim I think has 1 maybe 2. Will the show win another, I seriously doubt it.

14 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

Well I guess TBBT is just fun fluff. Nothing edgy. Really the only takeaway is to appreciate your friends.

I give you 2 thumbs up.

7 minutes ago, chucky said:

I gave up on the show ever receiving another Emmy years ago.  Jim I think has 1 maybe 2. Will the show win another, I seriously doubt it.

Jim has 4.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Jim has 4.

Well, that goes to show I don't pay attention. I should get props for knowing he got at least one.

• Like 1

Animation and sound editing leave a lot to be desired, but the lyrics are pretty good:

28 minutes ago, Mislav said:

Animation and sound editing leave a lot to be desired, but the lyrics are pretty good:

Not my cup of tea. I hope you enjoyed it.

On 7/13/2018 at 8:02 PM, Mario D. said:

Thankfully they revised the nominations. “The Bow Tie Asymmetry” now has three nominations :)

http://m.emmys.com/shows/big-bang-theory

They deserve it (imo); let’s keep our fingers crossed 🤞

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Silver1984 said:

Thankfully they revised the nominations. “The Bow Tie Asymmetry” now has three nominations :)

http://m.emmys.com/shows/big-bang-theory

They deserve it (imo); let’s keep our fingers crossed 🤞

They deserve it, but will they get snubbed again?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/12/2018 at 11:20 AM, Swedish Chef said:

My guess whould be that Sheldon is a germaphobe only when the writers want to. Poor writing if you ask me.

I agree that this is like his memory.

Edited by Die Zimtzicke
  • Like 3

On 7/10/2018 at 3:27 AM, djsurrey said:

Sometimes I wish I was a fan so I could say stuff like that.

The word that always made me feel that way is "Whovian". Sounding like a time-traveling household appliance has a certain quirky panache, don't you think? 😄.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, GivesAWhit said:

The word that always made me feel that way is "Whovian". Sounding like a time-traveling household appliance has a certain quirky panache, don't you think? 😄.

Precisely!

I just saw the wedding ep. it was very good. The dress was a toilet roll doily, but that was fine, she like it and so did he. I laughed throughout and appreciated so many of the shout outs.

• Like 3

Public service announcement: The first round of the Seasons 1 - 11 episode tournament opened today. Follow the tournament in The Show board. 

• Like 1

Kind of a random thought, but I'm surprised that they never even mentioned "Aeon Flux" on TBBT. Given that it was eventually made into a movie starring young Charlize Theron in a tight black outfit, that is at the very least something that early TBBT Howard would have been very familiar with.

18 hours ago, Mislav said:

Kind of a random thought, but I'm surprised that they never even mentioned "Aeon Flux" on TBBT. Given that it was eventually made into a movie starring young Charlize Theron in a tight black outfit, that is at the very least something that early TBBT Howard would have been very familiar with.

Sleazy, creepy Howard with his wing man Raj! Yeah, totally agree.

• Like 1