[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

Tensor

10 minutes ago, JE7 said:

Why did they use Kaleys body from a different (maxim) photo shoot?

Because they're doofuses.  The original is much better, much more realistic. She fits in better and looks like she is actually part of the scene they are trying to depict.  I'm not sure where this version comes from, but it is awful and insulting!  (did I overstate my opinion?  It stinks!!!).

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

Because they're doofuses.  The original is much better, much more realistic. She fits in better and looks like she is actually part of the scene they are trying to depict.  I'm not sure where this version comes from, but it is awful and insulting!  (did I overstate my opinion?  It stinks!!!).

Don't forget sexist and explotive.....

Not that I have anything against Kaley looking hot but that is just stupid on all levels 

12 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

I wonder why Kunal chose this version.

This is the original, I think.

the-big-bang-theory-cast.thumb.jpg.1316df8ed5c0408e817da7dea1e2756b.jpg

Just now, hokie3457 said:

Yes! Yes!  A thousand times, yes!  I think Kunal chose it because it is seen more often.  He probably has not seen the original in ages. 

I'm getting more angry all the time.  Just another example of "let's make this one character out to be a slut!"  grrrr.....  (perhaps I'm overreacting, but tough noogies....)

Just now, vonmar said:

This is the original Emmy's FYC 2013 photo...

BIG-BANG-THEORY-THE-Emmy-2013-FYC-Ad.jpg

...and thank you!

4 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

Yes! Yes!  A thousand times, yes!  I think Kunal chose it because it is seen more often.  He probably has not seen the original in ages. 

No excuse, Kaley is supposedly his friend why would he use a photo that demeans and exploits her sexuality in such a obvious and cringe worthy way

Edited by JE7

1 hour ago, luminous said:

Love this! It is so great to see how cast was in sync about this particular moment and Kaley made me get emotional now too. Girl,  your emotional reation caught me off guard ! :wub:

Eta: love Kaley 's love for polaroids! ❤

Edited by spidergirl

2 hours ago, April said:

lol aww Kaley getting all emotional! <3

People who watch the show have all sorts of weird ideas about what will happen so I'm gonna go with "yes" lmao

But seriously, I saw enough people saying Amy will say no because of the Ramona kiss so yeah...

I totally disagree. Nobody who watches the show and is a dedicated fan could have actually believed that Amy was going to say no. For me there was NO cliffhanger at all.

Personally I won't be watching the premiere. It's like watching one of those ten minute long trailers for a new show. That pretty much gives away the entire show. So you really have no real incentive for watching. I feel kinda like this with the Season 11 Premiere.

As for "the biggest cliffhanger ever". Well clearly they are trying to hype it up. So people we'll watch. I can't say Amy saying yes which Is probably the most predictable resolution to a cliffhanger in TV history. Has really been life altering for me :taunt:.

From The Hollywood Reporter

'Big Bang Theory' Boss Explains That Season 11 Premiere Double Shocker

Wedding bells are going to be ringing (again!) on CBS' The Big Bang Theory.

CBS' nerdy comedy opened its 11th season Monday with Amy's (Mayim Bialik) almost immediate response to Sheldon's (Jim Parsons) marriage proposal, responding with a resounding "yes" — setting the stage for the fan-favorite couple to officially tie the knot.

And while the gang celebrated their friends' engagement, there was another reason to rejoice: new parents Bernadette (Melissa Rauch) stunned husband Howard (Simon Helberg) with news that she's expecting their second child. The storyline comes after star Rauch revealed her own pregnancy (in an emotional essay) earlier this year. To hear new showrunner Steve Holland tell it, producers then decided to write Rauch's pregnancy into the show as it set up a nice storyline for the on-screen couple.

With Big Bang Theory renewed through season 12 (presumably its last), Holland talks with THR about if Amy and Sheldon's wedding is fodder for a potential series finale — or if it could happen this season — as well as what's next for Howard, Bernadette, Leonard (Johnny Galecki), Penny (Kaley Cuoco) and Raj (Kunal Nayyar).

<more in the link>

On 9/24/2017 at 5:47 PM, Mario D. said:

I think a Penny pregnancy was in the cards for this season (and may still be) but Melissa's real life pregnancy probably derailed that story until later  JMO

That's possible. They seem to have ruled out two at once.

4 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

I'm getting more angry all the time.  Just another example of "let's make this one character out to be a slut!"  grrrr.....  (perhaps I'm overreacting, but tough noogies....)

There have been so many examples of that I can't overreact anymore. It's just about become canon to the writers as I see it.

I didn't like the episode too much. Sheldon was being an ass to Amy. The only parts I found funny were when Bernadette is telling Howard about the pregnancy and when Stuart is rejoicing in the fact he has a date and Raj doesn't.