[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

Tensor

1 hour ago, luminous said:

JMO, Bernadette DOES NOT look like she is 3-4 months along... I suppose there are women who lok like that at the beginning of their second trimester but not too many. Melissa was probably about 6/7 months when filming (it was August and her baby is supposedly due in October/November). 

Edited by bfm

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, bfm said:

JMO, Bernadette DOES NOT look like she is 3-4 months along... I suppose there are women who lok like that at the beginning of their second trimester but not too many. Melissa was probably about 6/7 months when filming (it was August and her baby is supposedly due in October/November). 

Yep. Even with the fictional pregnancy last year she only showed like halfway through the storyline. I remember when we were all wondering when they would start to make Melissa wear a fake baby bump.

On 01/10/2017 at 10:40 PM, Chrismo said:

JMO but things must be slow on this forum if we are discussing a supporting cast member and how it effects the show.

It directly affects Howard,who's one of the main cast, and in time it will make a difference to the venue of the gang-meals-and-games nights.

9 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

It directly affects Howard,who's one of the main cast, and in time it will make a difference to the venue of the gang-meals-and-games nights.

I don't think it well. Bernadette's last pregnancy sure did not. In what way would it effect where they eat? I am at a loss when Bernadette gives birth well make a difference to their eating venue. They have always eaten at 4A, why would that change? I don't see how it effects Howard in regards to where he eats lol. 

Edited by 3ku11

We had seen several howardette scenes from their routine as couple at their place, especially in their kitchen, beyond in 4 A. All howardette dynamic will be affected with Melissa 's absense from the show, for very short it might be. I believe writers may come up with good reasons for compensate the lack of Bernie in scene but surely it will be noted and affect Howard's character role a bit. These characters have their lifes well settled in their routine at home and work. It would not be easy to have any of them away from the show a few weeks without it affect the stories built for their so, bestfriends, etc.

But course, it is just my opinion.

Edited by spidergirl

47 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

I don't think it well. Bernadette's last pregnancy sure did not. In what way would it effect where they eat? I am at a loss when Bernadette gives birth well make a difference to their eating venue. They have always eaten at 4A, why would that change? I don't see how it effects Howard in regards to where he eats lol. 

Because they'd have to carry yet another baby to put in the spare room at 4a with Halley running around getting into everything. It would just be too much.

10 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Because they'd have to carry yet another baby to put in the spare room at 4a with Halley running around getting into everything. It would just be too much.

Now that you bring up Hallie if there is to be any type of accuracy to TBBT Hallie should start walking pretty soon, so we would need to actually see her soon, shouldn't we?

13 hours ago, Jonny said:

The long gestation period bugs me because it's just not realistic and in these moments I would prefer seeing realism rather than trying to tie two storylines/events together for comedic effect.

Just give the woman a normal pregnancy.

...or thow in a time machine. :icon_wink:

51 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Now that you bring up Hallie if there is to be any type of accuracy to TBBT Hallie should start walking pretty soon, so we would need to actually see her soon, shouldn't we?

They say we will never see children on the show and I absolutely believe them. Disappointing from a realism perspective and must limit storylines they can do, but that's the decision they made.

I think that's part of the reason why I am not too keen to see more pregnancy and children storylines. It's not the only reason, but a contributing factor.

1 hour ago, Carlos said:

No. We are not supposed to see her.

41 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I think that's part of the reason why I am not too keen to see more pregnancy and children storylines. It's not the only reason, but a contributing factor.

Me, too.

7 hours ago, Jonny said:

They say we will never see children on the show and I absolutely believe them. Disappointing from a realism perspective and must limit storylines they can do, but that's the decision they made.

Actually, in his post finale interviews, Holland was not as adamantine in that as Molaro used to be...He said that for the moment we won't see her, but he doesn't know what's going to happen in the future. I think they will first of all figure out what to do with the new baby, and then see if an "invisible" Halley fits well with it. 

Edited by mirs1

I hope we never see children on the show tbh. I don't need to see that. Kaley has said she doesen't want to work with children. SO I Think it is less about storyline and realism. And the actors working conditions. IMO I think it is way too soon for another pregnancy. Prefer Bernadette was not pregnant. But obviousley I Don't write the show haha.. 

Happy taping day, everyone!

Penny had already found  long time ago that Science rocks. I hope it can be showed often this season again as it was used to be and like they  showed last night. Old school tbbt is always awesome!  :) 

3f5Lzrv.gif.cae1af79fe6963cb56f1f66dc5f78c01.gif

8 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

I hope we never see children on the show tbh. I don't need to see that. Kaley has said she doesen't want to work with children. SO I Think it is less about storyline and realism. And the actors working conditions. IMO I think it is way too soon for another pregnancy. Prefer Bernadette was not pregnant. But obviousley I Don't write the show haha.. 

I wish I could like this comment a hundred times. The show is diluted enough trying to find screen time for all the characters. Hopefully, the youngest actor we will ever see on TBBT is the little girl Sheldon befriended in the book store.

15 minutes ago, HeWolf said:

I wish I could like this comment a hundred times. The show is diluted enough trying to find screen time for all the characters. Hopefully, the youngest actor we will ever see on TBBT is the little girl Sheldon befriended in the book store.

I totally agree with that, but if you think about it they have painted themselves into a corner because Hallie will have to start walking at a certain point in time and therefore would have to be seen eventually. Not that I want that to happen, but it has to if the show is to have any type of semblance of veracity or connection to reasonable story telling.

20 minutes ago, HeWolf said:

Diluted is the perfect word.  Last season's inclusion of Bert in several episodes in a prominent position and the season ending story-line that has Raj living in close proximity to the geologist left me fearing further dilution. No real mention of him yet from taping reports, but time will tell.  #EaseUpOnNewRecurringCharacters! 

1 minute ago, hokie3457 said:

Diluted is the perfect word.  Last season's inclusion of Bert in several episodes in a prominent position and the season ending story-line that has Raj living in close proximity to the geologist left me fearing further dilution. No real mention of him yet from taping reports, but time will tell.  #EaseUpOnNewRecurringCharacters! 

Bert will be in Season 11, pretty sure I read that in an interview with Holland somewhere.

1 minute ago, Jonny said:

Bert will be in Season 11, pretty sure I read that in an interview with Holland somewhere.

Yes. Of course he will.  I am just hoping his appearances are not as prominent as they were in Season 11.

19 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

Yes. Of course he will.  I am just hoping his appearances are not as prominent as they were in Season 11.

Judging from Raj's storyines so far this season I think I would take seeing more Bert than Raj. 11 seasons and counting with Raj and still nothing.

34 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Judging from Raj's storyines so far this season I think I would take seeing more Bert than Raj. 11 seasons and counting with Raj and still nothing.

I like Kunal and enjoy his acting, but Raj has been a dead end character all along. About the only 'development' we've ever seen has been negative. Either, they can't figure out what to do with him, or they just want to keep him around for reliable 'Raj is an ass' or 'Raj the metro-sexual'  moments. Regardless, I've stopped hoping for Raj to become more than he's been since Season One.

Edited by HeWolf