[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

Tensor

7 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I didn't see what I considered to be an in depth discussion about whether or not to put her in day care vs. Howard keeping his promise. So I'm not sure how they arrived at that decision. This was to me a promise made to a character by another character, though. Not a vague throw away line by one character at the beginning of the show.

How is a line that was specifically stated, in two different episodes, along with being hinted at being used multiple times by a character, a throwaway line?

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, Tensor said:

How is a line that was specifically stated, in two different episodes, along with being hinted at being used multiple times by a character, a throwaway line?

Two out of how many episodes? But I don't want to argue with you. I just want to ask you...do you REALLY trust them to handle that well? Because I just don't and it's not all me disliking babies on shows. (No one was happier than I was over invisible Halley.) It's got more to do with me not trusting these writers to not make a mess out of it. Probably with ten or fifteen jokes about not being able to drink wine to start with. I can't see it being done well enough for any of the fans, never mind someone like me who doesn't like that kind of storyline to start with.

Edited by Die Zimtzicke
spelling error.

It is like in Friends everyone remembers when Ross grabbed a spoon and asked Rachel out. That drew in the audience for ten years. Same deal here. As a hardcore fan of the show, be kinda odd if you don't remember the pilot. When Leonard first met Penny, and said the iconic line of the series "Our babies well be smart and beautiful".

17 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

They don't show the Sperm Bank visit?

How about the "Today we tried masturbating for money" line?

They show that over here in NZ. However they do censor out the word "Whore" in the Season One episode The Dumpling Paradox. 

Edited by 3ku11

I'm a little surprised that no one shared photos of Bob Newhart on set last night. I guess he could have pre-taped his scenes... I wish we had more spoilers, but I'm appreciative of the BTS stuff, title, and Howard's potential vasectomy story.

Edited by Kev0821

14 minutes ago, luminous said:

Can anyone identify what's written on the white board?

(It's from the photo Bill Prady posted on IG for Steve Holland's birthday)

Image1.jpg.a5e058a24e0aa47c672c2fb245dda1bd.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZ12rNCBj-L/

One of the lines is (5th)  "he goes to movies alone"

"8 th line ...L .P are mean to him"

Edited by spidergirl
Updated

13 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

One of the lines is "he goes to movies alone"

I think the first word in the sentence is not "he", it's  the initial "H", I guess for  Howard. There are a bunch of "L" and "P" there (Leonard and Penny) and the two words "break up" (in relation the "H", that's the subject of the sentence) right above the phrase you spotted.

Edited by mirs1

5 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

One of the lines is (5th)  "he goes to movies alone"

The letters are short hand for the characters names....K = Koothrappali, W = Wolowitz., L = Leonard, P = Penny...etc.

K goes to the movies alone

L sides with W

L & P are mean to him

First one sort of looks like.... K shopping with Dad?

7 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I think the first word in the sentence is not "he", it's  the initial "H", I guess for  Howard. There are a bunch of "L" and "P" there (Leonard and Penny) and the two word "break up" (in relation the "H", that's the subject of the sentence) right above the phrase you spotted.

I was in doubt because the handwriting letter "H". Thanks!

Edited by spidergirl

Just now, vonmar said:

The letters are short hand for the characters names....K = Koothrappali, W = Wolowitz., L = Leonard, P = Penny...etc.

L sides with W

L & P are mean to him

Oh, you are right , it was a "K"...and, given it is Raj,  "break up" makes perfect sense now, LOL!

7 minutes ago, vonmar said:

L sides with W

L & P are mean to him

Or, K shopping with S (Stuart/Sheldon) + L (Leonard)... Something about "bags"? "Hugs"?

1 hour ago, luminous said:

Can anyone identify what's written on the white board?

(It's from the photo Bill Prady posted on IG for Steve Holland's birthday)

Image1.jpg.a5e058a24e0aa47c672c2fb245dda1bd.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZ12rNCBj-L/

MY two cents.

First line-- skyping with dad, dad buys

second line--wife, K motives ___ is being

third line--K asking L, L conf---

fourth line--K identifies with break up

fifth line--K goes to movies alone

sixth line no idea

Seventh line --discussion,  L -----

eighth line L and P are mean to him

Ninth line--to each other at

6 hours ago, HeWolf said:

I really don't take issue with Bob Newhart (Professor Proton) appearing in Sheldon's dreams. Bob may not be to everyone's taste but I have always found him amusing. 

What doesn't work for me is the idea of Sheldon successfully assuming the role. We have seen from 'Fun With Flags' how wooden and totally lacking any screen presence he is on camera. (Another example of the phenomenal talents of Jim Parsons is how well he acts badly on FWF) It has also been proven that Sheldon is one of the worst ever, in-person, teacher/lecturers. If they put him in a lab coat and he is suddenly Mr. Charm and Personality it will be a total break from the established character. 

It’s ok, they have done this before and it worked fine. To whit:

Howard the sex fiend homemaker, Silent Raj who never shuts up, Leonard “Galahad” Hofstader all at sea, lesbian-adjacent Amy, Penny the wild child pharma rep. And Sheldon the “budding*” pants man.

They can do anything.

*after Thai food I think.

edit: and “child free” Bernadette with two kids.

They have built a ship that can sail where the wind blows. A very durable ship. Well built and well crewed. Not sure myself about the destination but hey...

Edited by Nogravitasatall

2 hours ago, Shelldon said:

Those sneak peeks were whatever

Not exactly peeks to get people to watch. Ratings dropped last week. JMO but there going to drop more next Monday. Like the late Tom Petty's  song title the show appears to be  "Free Fallin".

4 hours ago, bfm said:

What if they didn't want another child at all? I think they didn't get the chance to even think about that...

Howard always talked about 'kids' in the plural so I assumed he wanted at least two. Whenever he and Bernie discussed it whether vaguely or seriously it was about 'them' or 'they'. It was only in the 'I'll think about it' discussion IIRC that t was about a child, singular.

15 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Pardon?

Back when she had the girl school crush on Penny. Remember that. Totally was there, then.  Annoyed some somewhat as too deviant but they don’t do that any more. :) 

They try on what fits and see if it works but they are “regressing to the mean” now. Soon the show’ll be 30something with whiteboards. 

Edited by Nogravitasatall

2 hours ago, Carey said:

MY two cents.

First line-- skyping with dad, dad buys

second line--wife, K motives ___ is being

third line--K asking L, L conf---

fourth line--K identifies with break up

fifth line--K goes to movies alone

sixth line no idea

Seventh line --discussion,  L -----

eighth line L and P are mean to him

Ninth line--to each other at

I think you are right on Skyping, I had guessed shopping, but Skyping makes more sense.

In the first episodes where Amy was, they implied she might be Bisexual, but that was just them trying out if the audience would go for it. I don't think they actually wanted her to end up with a woman, since she was created for Sheldon by the writers.

it's just one of the things they try and then move on from.