The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

27 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Is it just me but has this been the quietist season ever as far as Tapings go? IT used to be packed in here. Because of all the information we used to get. Now its like were luckey if we get the A Plot lol. 

i know we cant get any spoilers at all its very frustrating no one is telling us anything

2 hours ago, kbp said:

i know we cant get any spoilers at all its very frustrating no one is telling us anything

Perhaps when they've had a good night's sleep someone will spread the word about what they saw at the taping. Thank you in advance, whoever you are. I hope you had a super time and that it was worth the trip.

Edited by joyceraye
correcting typo
  • Like 8

7 minutes ago, luminous said:

Yes. :yes: And it doesn't matter if it's a detailed taping report or just a little spoiler. We must never take any information for granted. If we get information we always should be grateful. For the information per se and of course towards the generous person who takes his or her precious time to provide the info. :icon_biggrin:

well said

• Like 1
  • Koala Face 1

Sad that we dont have spoilers and also no Bts from cast anymore...perhaps they were instructed to avoid post in the set .... too quiet ..

9 hours ago, Shelldon said:

Just seems like double standards when he's been a sexist womanizer more blatantly than Stuart and Raj combined

I noticed that too. Early seasons Howard is condemned, yet Kripke is loved LOL ! Kripke being pervy about what sex toys Shamy use while working with Sheldon is not that different from creepy Howard wanting to read about Penny’s sex life with her blogger ex-boyfriend. Or Kripke sending a picture of his dick to Amy, is a bit like something early seasons Howard would think is charming when asking someone out.Maybe it has to do with dislike of Sheldon. So someone who is a rival of Sheldon and can teach Sheldon a lesson is liked. The writers have many plots about how Sheldon needs to learn this lesson and that lesson, but not many think about calling out Kripke. Also, Kripke doesn’t appear frequently on the whole, compared to Stuart , Howard or Raj, so  he can be funny and its easier to not overuse him. If he was a main character they would have toned him down too.  Just a hunch !

Edited by serena_1995
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

.........Just a hunch !

Weww, his sewf-wefwection knows no boundawies. :shy:

misc_0217.gif.cb48a28212cafb30d669b86e0dd6d14c.gif

--------------------------------------------------

55 minutes ago, xjax said:

Sad that we dont have spoilers and also no Bts from cast anymore...perhaps they were instructed to avoid post in the set .... too quiet ..

Well, I'm pretty confident. I've seen some wellknown "stranger" sat on Sheldon's spot last night... :cool:

Edited by veejay
merged again
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

Also, Kripke doesn’t appear frequently on the whole, compared to Stuart , Howard or Raj, so  he can be funny and its easier to not overuse him. If he was a main character they would have toned him down too.  Just a hunch !

Yeah, the difference is:

1) Kripke is effectively the antagonist of the show, mostly towards Sheldon but often the other characters as well (JRB frequently even calls him a "villain"). Simply put: he's a bad guy so when he does bad things you're not supposed to feel for him or anything. You can like him in the same way that you can find any villain/antagonist entertaining. It would be different if the show put him as one of the protagonists and asked you to be sympathetic towards him as they do with the main gang.

2) He's only in a few episodes. This taping will be his 20th - with a show that has 230+ episodes this isn't much and he doesn't even have a big plot in every one of them. Sometimes it's just a short scene and doesn't do that much. (For comparison. Stuart was in 60+ episodes already.)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, xjax said:

It's 4 am where the audience are, unless they're travelling home or to their next destination. Someone might well feel like helping us out after their breakfast. Give it a few hours before you feel sad. 

1 hour ago, serena_1995 said:

I noticed that too. Early seasons Howard is condemned, yet Kripke is loved LOL ! Kripke being pervy about what sex toys Shamy use while working with Sheldon is not that different from creepy Howard wanting to read about Penny’s sex life with her blogger ex-boyfriend. 

Kripke is not depicted as being likable in any way.  His role is specifically to be a perv that no one likes.

Not a sympathetic figure.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Capt. Hilts said:

Kripke is not depicted as being likable in any way.  His role is specifically to be a perv that no one likes.

Not a sympathetic figure.

So he is Howard lol.

15 minutes ago, nusspot said:

Anyway, Ruchi is back in this episode, too. Looks like she's here to stay. What is this, her third episode already? In my heart I've always secretly hoped Yvette the vet would be the one for Raj. Too bad. (Yes, even though we saw her just for an episode years ago. Go figure.). So long as Raj has something to do in the show these days, I guess.

Thanks so much for the info! So long as Raj start doing something for stop to complain about his "lack" of luck, it will be great!

• Like 4

Will have to see how it plays out, but I have been burned before trying to have some hope for his character and find something to root for.

If Raj doesn't change it won't last.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, April said:

Colonel Williams is back as well.

Thanks for that, and thanks to @nusspot too! Is the gyroscope plot back? Happy to see Raj has something to do, let's hope it's a "good"  plot for him!

• Like 4

18 hours ago, April said:

Depends on how he's used on the show. With all the plots revolving around Sheldon's work issues I wouldn't be surprised if they have him with something work-related (reigniting the old Sheldon-Kripke rivalry?) instead of playing up his creepy side.

Also, some people just like John Ross Bowie.

I agree with you comment. Barry has always had that creepy side even if that is not all there is to him, but IMO he has almost always been funny. I, however, have one question: is Barry creepy or is he "cweepy" ? :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Yeah I noticed that too. Last time it was referenced correct me if I am wrong. Was 10x02 when Penny visited Bernie at work. Since then I Think it was mentioned in The Big Bear Preception. But other then that. Is she still happy with her job? Last time the show checked she was not. So who knows really. Would the show make her quit being a Pharm Rep? Possibly. But I have no idea really. 

The last mention of her job was when Zack offered her a head sales position at his company.  Since then I agree no mention of it. I don't believe they would have her quit but hopefully offer her a different position at the company if they plan to do anything at all.  Always thought they could possibly create a position where she is a spokesperson for the drug company  i.e.  on commercials, infomercials, endorsements Here she could use both her sales experience and acting background.

24 minutes ago, April said:

Colonel Williams is back as well.

Whoops! I forgot to mention him. That shows how interested I was in that storyline last season. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

After ten years the ratings are down as expected; however, the show is still very popular and is CBS' biggest hit.

6 minutes ago, bbtfan07 said:

After ten years the ratings are down as expected; however, the show is still very popular and is CBS' biggest hit.

And CBS uses its ratings strength to boost new shows and is confident enough in its ratings power to move its airing day.

Edited by Capt. Hilts
  • Like 1

All ratings are down.  There were only three shows to break a 2.0 last week.  TBBT, This is Us, and The Voice.  Neither Empire nor The Good Doctor were able to crack a 2.0.  Modern Family was down to a 1.7 as was Will and Grace. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Shelldon said:

Just seems like double standards when he's been a sexist womanizer more blatantly than Stuart and Raj combined

I've never had as big a problem as some people with this aspect of the show.

17 hours ago, bfm said:

Also, I don't think they finished all the pregnant jokes with Bernadette. For example, they could have Penny a very excited mother to be, measuring her bump regularly and weird stuff like that for humor, and also more sensitive, crying about things she would usually shrug off, things that are normal for the gang. I can see Kaley croacking "Why are you so mean?" in a hilarious way.

This would make me, personally, want to vomit. I'd leave the show to the people who like this sort of thing. But me? NO.

11 hours ago, JE7 said:

I hope Alex dosent get in trouble for that one

I thought he was raising his index finger when I first saw it.

7 hours ago, April said:

Seeing how there's a fight erupting so frequently after some people generously provide spoilers I am really not surprised.

That was sad and I felt terrible when I saw it. I can't blame them for not wanting to be subjected to that.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

..I'd leave the show to the people who like this sort of thing. But me? NO.

We should thinking of starting a support group. :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2