The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Babar said:

Just finished watching 11.06. Bob Newhart was hilarious as always. Any one wants any spoilers? I see we didn't get a taping report for this one.

Anything you could share will be surely very appreciated. Thank you very much in advance:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • It's a Tiara 1

14 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

Anything you could share will be surely very appreciated. Thank you very much in advance:)

Seconded ! Please post as much as you are willing to. Very grateful.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, vonmar said:

From TBBT You Tube Channel...

Sheldon wanting to organise a campaign to 'kill' the new Professor Proton show ? Why would he do that ?

Edited by joyceraye
typo

7 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Sheldon wanting to organise a campaign to 'Kill' the new Professor Proton show ? Why woud he do that ?

as a rule, fanboys have to instantly hate any remake that comes out, before it comes out. It's stupid, but them's the rules of fanatics. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 3

10 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Sheldon wanting to organise a campaign to 'Kill' the new Professor Proton show ? Why woud he do that ?

Sometimes when you love something in its original format it's hard to imagine a reboot with a new host, I think Sheldon can't imagine the show without the original Professor Proton.

• Like 2
  • Koala Face 1

16 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Sometimes when you love something in its original format it's hard to imagine a reboot with a new host, I think Sheldon can't imagine the show without the original Professor Proton.

Good point, but from the photos that came out a couple of weeks ago I thought Sheldon himself wanted to be Professor Proton. He was once P.P. Junior so I assumed he'd expect to be heir to the title now it's been revived.

Edited by joyceraye
typo again
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Good point, but from the photos that came out a couple of weeks ago I thought Sheldon himself wanted to be Professor Proton. He was once P.P. Junior so I assumed he'd expect to be heir to the title now it's been revived.

Maybe he tries to kill it off by doing his own version, that he believes is more true to the original format or premise? Though if this was real life he would face legal troubles as he would be copying the format they have the rights to.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just Sheldon trying to proove he is an expert in everything per usual. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

23 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Maybe he tries to kill it off by doing his own version, that he believes is more true to the orignal format or premise? Though if this was real life he would face legal troubles as he would be copying the format they have the rights to.

Good suggestion. Perhaps Babar's going to tell us. :)

11 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Just Sheldon trying to proove he is an expert in everything per usual. 

Or trying to protect something from his childhood that he loves.

• Like 6

Checking my maths. I think this  could work, assuming Bernie used a pregnancy test that gives a result in the first 24 hours of the conception process, but if she used a conventional one  perhaps  it won't.  :) Remember last year she must have used a test that showed up positive a good month before even fertilisation happened during one of Sheldon's lectures. <-sarcasm-> Who knows what they make at her pharmaceutical firm.

In Sneak Peek 2 for episode 11.06,  Bernie's going for her 16-week check-up. In episode 11.02 she said she was 12 or 13 weeks ( actual quote 'about three months' ). Episode 11.01 concluded three months after she'd done the pregnancy test. That would mean the meal that 11.02 began with took place in the same week 11.01 ended. Halley was nine months old (mid-September in TBBTland ) in episode 11. 04. So now, two episodes on, with a short time-jump, the TBBT gang are living in roughly the same calendar zone as us if my finger-counting is correct  ?  With  24 weeks to go if this pregnancy proceeds at a normal pace, it will give Bernie time to recover and be on her feet  some weeks before a June wedding for Shamy. 

Edited by joyceraye
typo yet again
  • Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, joyceraye said:

just a guess...

RequiredHandmadeHamster-small.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, JE7 said:

just a guess...

RequiredHandmadeHamster-small.gif

Aha ! So if Sheldon and Wil Wheaton both auditioned for the job and Wil won ? That would explain it. 

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Sheldon wanting to organise a campaign to 'kill' the new Professor Proton show ? Why would he do that ?

I know! I know! The answer is ... Sheldon!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

HI I JUST WONDREING IF SEAON 11 MID SEASON FINALE  WILL MOST LIKELY IN DEC DO YOU THINK THEY HAVE A CHRISTMAS EPISODE OR STAR  WARS SINCE LATEST MOVIE BEING RELEASED ABOUT THE SAME TIME generally the mid season finale  is generally really good from the last two years plus this amy birthday time

• It's a Tiara 1

3 hours ago, vonmar said:

How’s he managing with Dr Who then. ? .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Nogravitasatall said:

Probably because the format hasn't altered a lot and it's the same Doctor all the time although now and again he looks different. By the time Sheldon was watching, the principle that the Doctor, the Master, the Rani, the Cybermen and the Daleks would change appearance was already canon so it wouldn't bother him much. The Brigadier, Benton, Sarah Jane etc just aged but so did Sheldon so he wouldn't mind.

• Like 3

Maybe he wants to destroy it before he gets the chance to audition, then he thinks he could make it decent.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Nogravitasatall said:

Dr who is special changing Drs is built into the format. But go to any trek site and click a discovery thread. Just put on a flak jacket first :icon_razz:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

52 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

I think Proton would roll in his grave if Sheldon took over :sarcastichand:

Well he already tried this:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Thanks Babar. Nice to hear that they didn't make Penny bad at looking after the baby.

• Like 8
  • Koala Face 1