The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

2 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Does anyone else think the Penny part of the episode is another glaringly obvious hint as to what's coming for Lenny?  

First thing I've thought when I read the "mama" scene...

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 5

Just now, Nogravitasatall said:

... bed rest for a few days!. Bag of frozen peas flung at me while I was on the couch is what I recall as post-op care.

A whole other country. That’s my takeaway.

My oldest daughter (about five at the time) saw me on the recliner, and thought she would get some daddy time by jumping into my lap.    

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Does anyone else think the Penny part of the episode is another glaringly obvious hint as to what's coming for Lenny?  

sigh.gif.68f685b80c2ec3b854027cbec96189c8.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1
  • Leonard Cupid 1

2 hours ago, Babar said:

Okay, then, here it goes. Sorry If I don't remember everything exactly. I am going to go storywise rather than scene wise.

Starts with everyone and Lenny's apartment and Howard is shoveling food down his mouth. Bernie asks him to slow down but he says that he can't have food 12 hours before his vasectomy procedure and is making the most of it. Raj is also doing the same and says he is stress eating. Sheldon then sees on his phone that they are reviving Professor Proton and are recasting the role since Arthur died. Sheldon says that the show is very important to to him and he would like the new "professor Proton" to do it justice. He then starts describing the person he would like to takeover the role and the gang realizes that he's describing himself. He says Professor Proton touched a lot of children and he would also like to touch as many children as possible (lol). Leonard asks him to put that in his audition tape. Amy then says that it would be cool if they cast a woman in the role but Sheldon says "they" already have Ghostbusters and Doctor Who now, what more they want.

OMG why is Sheldon become so sexist over the last 2 or 3 seasons? He's lost his factual edge and become such a pr**k!  What is their problem? Oh and another 'joke' about 'touching children'. Ugh!!!! give it a rest BBT. I used to idiolise Sheldon, he was my favourite TV character of all time. Now I'm can't stand him. He's lost his oridinality and uniqueness and is like any other bozo. He's so annoying...

Edited by Spaced_up
  • Like 1
  • Koala Face 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, Spaced_up said:

OMG why is Sheldon become so sexist over the last 2 or 3 seasons? He's lost his factual edge and become such a pr**k!  What is their problem? Oh and another 'joke' about 'touching children'. Ugh!!!! give it a rest BBT. I used to idiolise Sheldon, he was my favourite TV character of all time. Now I'm can't stand him. He's lost his oridinality and uniqueness and is like any other bozo. He's so annoying...

From The Bat Jar Conjecture, S. 1 Episode 13

Leslie: Wait, you’re going up against Sheldon Cooper? 

Howard: Yes.

Leslie: That arrogant, misogynistic East-Texas doorknob that told me I should abandon my work with high energy particles for laundry and child bearing?

That, not mentioning all the things he has always said about Penny and her love life, since S. 1, but probably that was just him being jealous...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Just fixed a few mistakes I made like typing Leonard instead of Sheldon twice. Sorry about that.

• Like 6
  • Koala Face 1

7 minutes ago, Babar said:

Just fixed a few mistakes I made like typing Leonard instead of Sheldon twice. Sorry about that.

Thanks for the report! Much appreciated. Sounds like a fun episode!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tensor said:

Yep, the moment Penny said she can take care of Halley, I knew it was coming.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mirs1 said:

From The Bat Jar Conjecture, S. 1 Episode 13

Leslie: Wait, you’re going up against Sheldon Cooper? 

Howard: Yes.

Leslie: That arrogant, misogynistic East-Texas doorknob that told me I should abandon my work with high energy particles for laundry and child bearing?

That, not mentioning all the things he has always said about Penny and her love life, since S. 1, but probably that was just him being jealous...

Noted, that is what Leslie thought of Sheldon, but there was no dialogue between them, it was a throwaway comment never backed up by any scene. In fact, Leslie took down Sheldon in every scene they were in. So I add to my statement that Sheldon's DIALOGUE has become sexist. I would never have thought of him as a blatant misogynist, wouldn't have watched the show at all if I thought that. When you look at his early language it was mostly factual, rude, arrogant and sometimes he was even gentlemanly polite. That's just my opinion of course.

Also that scene when he was working out how many sexual parters Penny had wasn't a dig at her. It was a factual observation, a mathematical equation to him and was funny because Sheldon was NOT making a moral judgement. Penny found it embarrassing because of the social implications, which Sheldon didn’t grasp. I think that's a clever joke but to have Sheldon mention kiddy fiddling isn't a clever joke.

I think they need some new some new blood in that writing room;  the old guard are really hanging on but they could do with some fresh ideas.

Edited by Spaced_up
  • Thanks 1
  • Koala Face 1

10 minutes ago, Spaced_up said:

I think they need some new some new blood in that writing room;  the old guard are really hanging on but they could do with some fresh ideas.

There is new blood in the writing room, Jim Reynolds is developing his own show for CBS, so I guess it's no longer that active for TBBT, and at least two new writers were hired this season, Andy Gordon and Alex Yonks.

• Like 4
  • Koala Face 1

4 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

There is new blood in the writing room, Jim Reynolds is developing his own show for CBS, so I guess it's no longer that active for TBBT, and at least two new writers were hired this season, Andy Gordon and Alex Yonks.

Yeah, it's weird how we got the "freshest" writing team in ages and yet here we are with a ton of jokes that feel like they took them straight from the early seasons. Whatever happened to Lorre's advice of "try something new!" when Holland took over? Does he use this as an opportunity to make all the jokes he couldn't do in the past because he wasn't showrunner then? LOL

Though just to be clear, I'm happy with some of the story lines as well - especially since Lenny and Raj seem to be getting some love now/soon respectively. So it's not about that.

• Like 3
  • Koala Face 1
  • It's a Tiara 1

Thank you so much for this @Babar - as always I very much appreciate the time & effort taken to type all this out and share the info with us ! It was extremely kind of - you're a star !

The episode sounds great !

Edited by Soopysue
  • Like 5
  • Koala Face 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Tensor said:

It is like they are hitting us over the head with a baseball bat with all the baby references they are having this season tied to Lenny.  I really hope they don’t ignore the chance to have a baby scare for Lenny this season and then the real thing next season to end the show.

• Like 1
  • Koala Face 1

5 hours ago, Tensor said:

Probably. But they will delay it somehow. Leonard has low sperm count or something else that will make it hard for Penny to get pregnant.

• Like 1

We might end up with 4 consecutive seasons involving baby/prospective parents stuff, Season 9-10-11 Howardette and 11-12 maybe Leonard and Penny. On the one hand it makes sense considering the end of the show isn't far away and the age of the characters, but they need to be careful of viewer fatigue with these type of storylines and themes.

I personally could have done with a season break from it to give it some time to become fresh again, obviously circumstances and writing decisions changed that (I am so happy for Melissa though).

• Like 4
  • Koala Face 1

20 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Probably. But they will delay it somehow. Leonard has low sperm count or something else that will make it hard for Penny to get pregnant.

I still semi-dread “donor” Sheldon. That’d be the final biological conquest of the show. (Laughing on the outside :icon_razz:)

Edited by Nogravitasatall
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Jonny said:

We might end up with 4 consecutive seasons involving baby/prospective parents stuff, Season 9-10-11 Howardette and 11-12 maybe Leonard and Penny. On the one hand it makes sense considering the end of the show isn't far away and the age of the characters, but they need to be careful of viewer fatigue with these type of storylines and themes.

I personally could have done with a season break from it to give it some time to become fresh again, obviously circumstances and writing decisions changed that (I am so happy for Melissa though).

Yeah true. I hope Penny being pregnant is reserved for the final episode. I just don't want so many seasons in a row with a pregnancy story. If S12 is the final season, I don't want a pregnant Penny taking up the entire final season's story. Best to save one last story progression with Penny's pregnancy for the final episode.

But if S12 isn't the end, then I guess we are stuck with it happening before the final episode. But I really don't want the series to have gone through three births, and two couples having children already. 

• Like 3
  • Koala Face 1