The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

Not sure what is so surprising about these awful jokes. They didn’t suddenly appear after a long hiatus from the early seasons due to new showrunners. Just last season Howard and Raj mentioned Penny’s past number of partners when discussing her job with Zack. Sheldon slut shamed her in 10.04 before moving to 4B. In Prom Equivalency Amy and Bernadette slut shamed her and called her easy and slutty.  Same with Penny’s drinking jokes and Sheldon’s inappropriate kids jokes. Its lazy writing when the writers don’t want to think of something more original.

The episode that started it all- Creepy Candy Coating Corollary  is a great  iconic episode for Sheldon/Will antagonism .Its a very amusing and well executed build up. This one sounds like a broad heavy handed “we were friends, but now are enemies again ..the end “ type of stuff. The entire PP plot sounds pointless and goes no where, since obviously Will would get the job,  but hoping Sheldon/Arthur scenes would be funny.  

Penny’s story is the best part though. I am  glad they didn’t make her fail at baby sitting. She as a warm nurturing personality and I am not surprised she would be good with kids.

Edited by serena_1995
  • Like 6
  • It's a Tiara 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, serena_1995 said:

The episode that started it all- Creepy Candy Coating Corollary  is a great  iconic episode for Sheldon/Will antagonism .Its a very amusing and well executed build up. This one sounds like a broad heavy handed “we are enemies ..the end “ type of stuff. The entire PP plot sounds pointless and goes no where, since obviously Will would get the job,  but hoping Sheldon/Arthur scenes would be funny.  

Penny’s story is the best part though. I am  glad they didn’t make her fail at baby sitting. She as a warm nurturing personality and I am not surprised she would be good with kids.

Yeah I am more looking forward to Penny's story, than the PP stuff. No offence, but Arthur died seasons ago, and I'm annoyed they kept focusing on him so much even if Bob is so good. Not even Sheldon's own father has appeared in the show yet, and I would love if the actor on Young Sheldon appeared to him in a dream for a change. I would rather see more of Sheldon's family than visits from dead Arthur any day.

So glad Penny was great. She is such a nurturing person, I'm not surprised. 

• Like 5
  • Penny Thumbs Up 4

33 minutes ago, Jonny said:

We might end up with 4 consecutive seasons involving baby/prospective parents stuff, Season 9-10-11 Howardette and 11-12 maybe Leonard and Penny. On the one hand it makes sense considering the end of the show isn't far away and the age of the characters, but they need to be careful of viewer fatigue with these type of storylines and themes.

I personally could have done with a season break from it to give it some time to become fresh again, obviously circumstances and writing decisions changed that (I am so happy for Melissa though).

And what do we do with all the kiddies if they renewed the series again. A slowly change into "The Baby Bangers Lowdown"? :scratchhead:

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, veejay said:

And what do we do with all the kiddies if they renewed the series again. A slowly change into "The Baby Bangers Lowdown"? :scratchhead:

I really doubt they will renew...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, veejay said:

A couple of expected cast losses will put the kibosh on that I expect. Though they are going to be driving trucks full of money and dumping it on their lawns I suspect if it's still beating it's competitors near the end of Season 12.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Jonny said:

A couple of expected cast losses will put the kibosh on that I expect. Though they are going to be driving trucks full of money and dumping it on their lawns I suspect if it's still beating it's competitors near the end of Season 12.

Breeding of new ersatz - characters seems to be initiated. They are also much cheaper and partly invisible. That could mean a new revolutionary show concept. :shy:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mirs1 said:

Something like that happened to my mum, too. She tried to teach me to say "mummy" for a lot of time, but nothing. Then she left me alone one afternoon with my dad and, as a result, when she returned home, I had learnt perfectly to say "daddy"! She felt so betrayed, she has hold that against me and my dad for years, LOL! BTW, I said "mummy" many months after that...Oedipus complex does exist, I guess, LOL!

If I remember correctly, my kids said dada before mama.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

Wiki

"Dada, or Dadaism, was a cultural movement. Dada is also another name for father." Hm...:shy:
(btw. I'm a big friend of DADAism)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, serena_1995 said:

So very true!

• Like 3
  • Koala Face 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Babar said:

Sorry if this got too long, that happens with me once I start writing, lol

What ? Are you kidding ? TRs can never be too long.It's great, thank you thank you.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, serena_1995 said:

She has been baby sitting 4 kids for the last 10+ years.

• Haha 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 3

47 minutes ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

It's easier for kids to say dada, than mama.  Saying dada only required the tongue be flat against the roof of the mouth, which can be done accidentally (try it, put your tongue against the roof of your mouth, then exhale as you open your mouth).  Mama requires the fine motor control of the small muscles of the lips, which generally occurs latter.  

• Like 5

10 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

I think Proton would roll in his grave if Sheldon took over :sarcastichand:

Why would he ? He made Sheldon his kiddy-party heir the first time they met.

8 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Interesting that Hailey calls Penny Mama before Bernie lol.

They usually say 'Dadda' first. Perhaps Halley means she wants her mother.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

But in that case IMO it was a lack of options. If he really had time to think about IMO he would have chose Leonard.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Tensor said:

It's easier for kids to say dada, than mama.  Saying dada only required the tongue be flat against the roof of the mouth, which can be done accidentally (try it, put your tongue against the roof of your mouth, then exhale as you open your mouth).  Mama requires the fine motor control of the small muscles of the lips, which generally occurs latter.  

My thoughts exactly. It still pissed me off!:girlhaha:

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, mirs1 said:

There is new blood in the writing room, Jim Reynolds is developing his own show for CBS, so I guess it's no longer that active for TBBT, and at least two new writers were hired this season, Andy Gordon and Alex Yonks.

That's a shocker.

5 hours ago, April said:

Yeah, it's weird how we got the "freshest" writing team in ages and yet here we are with a ton of jokes that feel like they took them straight from the early seasons. Whatever happened to Lorre's advice of "try something new!" when Holland took over? Does he use this as an opportunity to make all the jokes he couldn't do in the past because he wasn't showrunner then? LOL

Hmmm, it's funny but I find there was more subtly in some of the early season work, more care put into B plots, less obvious gags . It's the later season jokes which seem like they come from other sitcoms, predictable, like something you've heard before.

4 hours ago, Nogravitasatall said:

I still semi-dread “donor” Sheldon. That’d be the final biological conquest of the show. (Laughing on the outside :icon_razz:)

Oh Nogravitasatall... I have no idea what that name means and I know we have a mutual buddy (Wally) but this DREAD of yours is now on my wish list. Sorry. At least it put a smile on someones lips. :D

Edited by Spaced_up
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

1 hour ago, Chrismo said:

But in that case IMO it was a lack of options. If he really had time to think about IMO he would have chose Leonard.

I think he just wanted to get rid of Sheldon...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Spaced_up said:

Oh Nogravitasatall... I have no idea what that name means...

You have to know how to split it:

No

gravitas   (dignity, seriousness, or solemnity of manner.)

at 

all

• Like 7

23 hours ago, mirs1 said:

No Stuart in the credits, I guess she is there for Raj. Unless...that's why Kripke is back! LOL!

That could be interesting.

15 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

I think Proton would roll in his grave if Sheldon took over 

I don't. He did know how much it  meant to Sheldon.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spaced_up said:

<snip>

Oh Nogravitasatall... I have no idea what that name means and I know we have a mutual buddy (Wally) but this DREAD of yours is now on my wish list. Sorry. At least it put a smile on someones lips. :D

Well, there was that thing going on yonks ago but I think we are all over that. My “dread” would be a backdoor realisation of the Shenny “dream”.  But I think the Show isn’t that cunning. But it would be a wow of a twist. If they executed that 

Wrt the handle, vale Iain M. Banks. And I should catch up with the Count. It’s been a while. Lucky  the drinking season is starting soon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

That could be interesting.

I don't. He did know how much it  meant to Sheldon.

Not really. He always find Sheldon odd. I remember when he was in hospital S6. He sure wasen't happy to see him. I don't think it meaning alot to Sheldon means he should do it. Of course on a personal level Proton and Sheldon became close. Once he died lol. But professioanlly I am not sure Proton would be all that thrilled to hear Sheldon taking over. But well see. 

7 minutes ago, Nogravitasatall said:

Well, there was that thing going on yonks ago but I think we are all over that. My “dread” would be a backdoor realisation of the Shenny “dream”.  But I think the Show isn’t that cunning. But it would be a wow of a twist. If they executed that 

Wrt the handle, vale Iain M. Banks. And I should catch up with the Count. It’s been a while. Lucky  the drinking season is starting soon.

Cunning? I would see the idea of that at this stage in the series very very very traumatizing. And I am sure majority of the audience probably agrees :taunt:. Not that it matters. Cannon and all. 

I do agree too. Wish they dropped the pregnancy angle for a while, to refreshen it up. But I guess with Mels situation they had to write it in. And it is clear Lenny well get pregnant eventually. But I prefer we see a pregnancy scare in the finalie or something. And Penny is not pregnant till the second to last episode of the series or something. Although Kaley playing out pregnant Penny would be funny.

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

The first sound most babies make is da. The like to hear themselves and go da-da-da-da. How do you think they got Daddy out of father? Some guy probably figured it out and insisted the baby was talking to him first.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Spaced_up said:

Noted, that is what Leslie thought of Sheldon, but there was no dialogue between them, it was a throwaway comment never backed up by any scene. In fact, Leslie took down Sheldon in every scene they were in. So I add to my statement that Sheldon's DIALOGUE has become sexist. I would never have thought of him as a blatant misogynist, wouldn't have watched the show at all if I thought that. When you look at his early language it was mostly factual, rude, arrogant and sometimes he was even gentlemanly polite. That's just my opinion of course.

Also that scene when he was working out how many sexual parters Penny had wasn't a dig at her. It was a factual observation, a mathematical equation to him and was funny because Sheldon was NOT making a moral judgement. Penny found it embarrassing because of the social implications, which Sheldon didn’t grasp. I think that's a clever joke but to have Sheldon mention kiddy fiddling isn't a clever joke.

I think they need some new some new blood in that writing room;  the old guard are really hanging on but they could do with some fresh ideas.

I still love Sheldon but I agree with the bold part so much! When it comes to Sheldon's attitude to women I definitely preferred him in the early seasons.

I felt he was so open-minded and had no moral judgments and it was refreshing. When he started dating Amy they've made him into this typical jealous judgmental guy and I hated that : ( I've made my peace with that, I can't stop loving him because of that cause I love so many other things about him, but I definitely found him more inspiring and refreshing in earlier seasons

• Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1