[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

48 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I miss Halloween episodes! One of my wishes for the season was having a Halloween and/or a New Year Eve episode. Tired of Valentine's Day or Christmas episodes, let's celebrate some other festivity!

I liked the Thanksgiving episodes.

• Like 1

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know a lot of people here know of my medical problems.   For those who don't, I have trouble, at times, walking any kind of distance, say a block or two, without the aid of a cane.  Around the house

Hello guys,   I am so sorry, I promised a taping report but it was a crazy week and I didn't have time to write one. Here is what happened(I don't know if you already get any other repo

Hey guys! I’m sure somebody will give you a full TR so just wanted to share my overall impressions and BTS I thought the episode was just perfect and for those of you who don’t like Shamy - I fel

Posted Images

15 hours ago, brilliantfool said:

I agree about Sheldon early on being the noble one! Actually I didn't dislike Leonard in early seasons as well, I started disliking him in like seasons 5-6, in early seasons I feel he was pretty cool, but still, as a woman I found someone like Sheldon who literally has 0 interests in your looks super refreshing and likable comparing to the other 3 guys who kept freaking out about Penny's looks : )

Sheldon never cared about her looks but didn't care for her humor or kindness either... He treated her the way he would treat his male friends, I don't get how that makes him so noble and likable. To each their own...

• Like 8

1 hour ago, mirs1 said:

I miss Halloween episodes! One of my wishes for the season was having a Halloween and/or a New Year Eve episode. Tired of Valentine's Day or Christmas episodes, let's celebrate some other festivity!

Agree! A New Year Eve would be a nice add to the show and imo it could be a funny one as the characters talked about their plans to the future! With the good measure of sweetness and non sense, lol!

• Like 5

15 hours ago, JE7 said:

Ah, its that time of year again....

No matter how many holes are put in it that damn ship just won't sink

images.jpg

Hahaha, I like your post. 

But I have to say, it was the writers who kept bringing it up, not so much in Season 10, but Season 9...Oh, well. :icon_rolleyes:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Capt. Hilts said:

She was going back to the really big bad guy and told Leonard.

Hated it.  But, I did like the majority of 9.09, The Platonic Permutation.

• Like 1
  • It's a Tiara 1

16 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

He has prooven he does not give a damn about Penny.

He lent her money when no one else had any to lend. He drove her to the hospital when she was hurt. I can think of other things. He doesn't love her and never did, but he is used to her, and wants Leonard to be happy. That has been said and shown many times. Sheldon can be a complete jerk, but he was not when, for example, he was saying he did not want his friend hurt.

14 hours ago, JE7 said:

He hasent proven it to me. 

I think, as stated above, he has. And this is coming from someone who never liked Penny much at all and still does not. She just isn't my favorite character. But while Sheldon has been a jerk, he has also shown he cares on occasion.

• Like 3
  • It's a Tiara 1

I think, as stated above, he has. And this is coming from someone who never liked Penny much at all and still does not. She just isn't my favorite character. But while Sheldon has been a jerk, he has also shown he cares on occasion.

I think you should go and watch the episode again. Penny never asked anyone for money, not even sheldon. He just offered to lend her money. So I don't get where you got the notion that the others didn't have the money to lend her.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 5

On 27.10.2017 at 10:41 AM, bfm said:

I think Bernie's request comes before Raj starts a relationship with Ruchi and could be actually the trigger for that relationship, he turns to Ruchi to try to figure out her intentions and it turns into something more...

@mirs1 seeing the synopsis in order now I see that Bernadette's request comes after Raj apparentely starts something with Ruchi so I was wrong... This is not surprising of Bernadette and prior to this she helps him with Ruchi so maybe she thinks he kind of owes her that. I think the question is what Raj will do with it, it could be an opportunity for him to show growth or learn. Ruchi's reaction could also teach us more about her and her dynamics/potential dynamics with Raj.

• Like 2

Well Bernie is on bed rest and probably going to take her maternity leave as well soon so it's natural perhaps she is going to have some of her work allocated to someone else whilst she is off and that might be Ruchi.

Couple that with Ruchi is new to that company office at the very least and turned up before Bernie is about to go on leave is only going to add to the paranoia.

But it's a real life issue, a lot of women's careers have been affected by having children. I know people who pretty much never got their role and responsibilities back when they returned from maternity leave. Sure there is some protection, but companies have ways around it.

IF Ruchi is trying to steal her job, or she isn't but is going to be given a lot of it, it will cause friction between Raj and Howardette. If either situation happens to be the case I would be surprised if their relationship lasts that long or even becomes endgame.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, Tensor said:

It shows he cares about Leonard, but his comment about hurting Leonard shows he doesn't give a damn about what Penny does, as long as she doesn't hurt his friend.  

Oh, I totally agree that he accepts her because Leonard wants her around and he can be a jerk sometimes. But I think on some level he cares about her as much as he is capable of caring for anyone. It's just any idea that he ever loved her or ever even could is what I can't understand at all.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

He lent her money when no one else had any to lend. He drove her to the hospital when she was hurt. I can think of other things. He doesn't love her and never did, but he is used to her, and wants Leonard to be happy. That has been said and shown many times.

I liked that Sheldon praised Penny's emotional intelligence and social skills in Intimacy acceleration. It is a certain kind of intelligence and maturity that he lacks and Penny has it. I thought it was a very accurate compliment to Penny.  And I like that Penny can be a very  patient advocate for Sheldon, despite his weirdness, the time, Penny realized Sheldon struggles with the change in the YouTube rating system or how she asks if he wants to knock a third time, when she opens the door too soon. I think they are friends and have familial affection.  I remember Sheldon count Penny as his friend, whereas Howard was just a “treasured acquaintance”  haha . I don't mind the mutual snark and frustration which fuels comedy.  It doesn’t have to be completely black and white – an “always sweet to each other vs total hatred” dichotomy.  There is a middle ground to be had. “Two people who don’t put each other on a pedestal , yet come to value each other over time” type of stuff. Jim and Kaley play it quite well.

27 minutes ago, Jonny said:

=F Ruchi is trying to steal her job, or she isn't but is going to be given a lot of it, it will cause friction between Raj and Howardette. If either is the case I would be surprised if their relationship lasts that long or even becomes endgame.

It could be a misunderstanding and they could reveal that Ruchi is not actually trying to screw up her job and Bernie is just paranoid. That is one way of keeping Ruchi on the show. 

Edited by serena_1995
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Oh, I totally agree that he accepts her because Leonard wants her around and he can be a jerk sometimes. But I think on some level he cares about her as much as he is capable of caring for anyone. It's just any idea that he ever loved her or ever even could is what I can't understand at all.

Ahhhhhhh, OK, thanks for the clarification.  I read it one way, and now with this, I see it as you meant it.  Again, thanks. 

• Like 1

I hope the writers start Raj's relationship with whoever is his "end game" this season, so they will have enough time to develop it and make it convincing.

• Koala Face 1
  • Run to India 1

1 hour ago, bfm said:

@mirs1 seeing the synopsis in order now I see that Bernadette's request comes after Raj apparentely starts something with Ruchi so I was wrong... This is not surprising of Bernadette and prior to this she helps him with Ruchi so maybe she thinks he kind of owes her that. I think the question is what Raj will do with it, it could be an opportunity for him to show growth or learn. Ruchi's reaction could also teach us more about her and her dynamics/potential dynamics with Raj.

Well, it's Raj we are talking about...I trust him to handle the situation in the worst way possible, LOL! Just kidding, of course, TBH, I'm  curious to see more about Ruchi, I couldn't figure her out well in the episode she was introduced. I can't decide if I like her or not!

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Well, it's Raj we are talking about...I trust him to handle the situation in the worst way possible, LOL! Just kidding, of course, TBH, I'm  curious to see more about Ruchi, I couldn't figure her out well in the episode she was introduced. I can't decide if I like her or not!

Yeah. Imo she had not much chemestry with Raj for they could develop a relationship for real. Besides he seemed only be in competition with Stuart about getting a date. I am very curious about how they will interact and if that interaction would get deeper for they date in a more permanent way or Ruchi would be just one more girl in Raj's "list".

Btw, I was talking other day with a colleague from work ( one from the group of people I am friends with who watch and enjoy the show) about how Raj changed. My colleague pointed Raj started to not talk with women and then he dated two girls at same time( we both hated that story arc for Raj), a 180 degrees turn of events. I wish the writers could give some coherence about this character and also giving to him something that showed Raj could do good things and/or getting more mature. It would be a nice touch to a character that had been too lost in non  sense for long time in this show though. 

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

He lent her money when no one else had any to lend. He drove her to the hospital when she was hurt. I can think of other things. He doesn't love her and never did, but he is used to her, and wants Leonard to be happy. That has been said and shown many times. Sheldon can be a complete jerk, but he was not when, for example, he was saying he did not want his friend hurt.

All those examples he had no choice in the matter. He drove her to the hospital not to be kind, because Leonard was not available. He lent her money, because that is a social convention he has with everyone. That was not Sheldon being kind. That was Sheldon being logical. Leonard is the one who actually got Penny's money back from Kurt not Sheldon. My point is the times where Sheldon seems to being kind  to Penny. Are far outweighed by the 90% of the course of the series of him demeaning her.

None of this over rides the way he has treated her since the pilot. I seem to remember Season 4 preimire him and Amy discussing her sex life. And how many partners she has had. I thought that was outrageous and disgusting. So while you can come up with examples where he helped her out. Shows that he cares? Sorry I have seen enough examples from Sheldon over the course of the series. That none of his behaviour towards Penny is noble, or coming from a place of caring for Penny. He is selfish, that is who he is. You don't like Penny, well I have never liked Shedon. And I don't like the fact some are excusing the way he treats her, like how he still slut shams her. Because oh he has been kind to her in the past. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, bfm said:

I hope the writers start Raj's relationship with whoever is his "end game" this season, so they will have enough time to develop it and make it convincing.

Personally, I don't think Raj needs an end game. I just don't see any necessity to having everyone paired off by the end of the series. And it's not because I don't like him, although he is an ass, but because it just seems a little forced.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tensor said:

Ahhhhhhh, OK, thanks for the clarification.  I read it one way, and now with this, I see it as you meant it.  Again, thanks. 

I was coming in after some Shenny discussion and was not clear enough. Thanks for your patience.

2 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

like how he still slut shams her.

The entire show was based for a period of time on slut shaming her. it was NOT just Sheldon. The writers had a field day with that. Then they moved to drunk jokes and jokes about how Leonard wore her down. I don't know what they are going for sometimes.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, bfm said:

Sheldon never cared about her looks but didn't care for her humor or kindness either... He treated her the way he would treat his male friends, I don't get how that makes him so noble and likable. To each their own...

I was going to start making some inane comments about your post, but I won't. I'll be straight and to the point: it is perfect from start to finish. Enough said.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, gsxdoug said:

Personally, I don't think Raj needs an end game. I just don't see any necessity to having everyone paired off by the end of the series. And it's not because I don't like him, although he is an ass, but because it just seems a little forced.

While I don't think everybody must have an "end game" I think the show is kind of going that way, at the end of the day it is relatively traditional, not a postmodern cutting edge thing. They haven't developed his career very much either. So assuming they will go that way I hope they will stary working on it this season so it would feel less forced...

• Like 1

I was thinking about the timing of Melissa's maternity leave. My guess is that she might still be working for the 11.9 taping, next week, but her maternity leave might start for 11.10 taping, which is scheduled for November 14th. How many episodes will she miss in any case? I think she'll be out for all the episodes taped in December, which lead us to 11.14. It is taped pretty early in January, anyway, so not sure she'll be there. As Holland spoke about a March date for Bernie's delivery, I was kinda outraged, because it was another elephant-like pregnancy, but I then realized that, if Melissa is not back from maternity leave full time, it's not possible to actually tape an episode involving her character giving birth (that would entail much more than a few pre-taped scenes). For the rest, I guess Bernie will be actually in the episodes (or at least in some of them) thanks to pre-taped scenes. Thoughts?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mirs1 said:

I was thinking about the timing of Melissa's maternity leave. My guess is that she might still be working for the 11.9 taping, next week, but her maternity leave might start for 11.10 taping, which is scheduled for November 14th. How many episodes will she miss in any case? I think she'll be out for all the episodes taped in December, which lead us to 11.14. It is taped pretty early in January, anyway, so not sure she'll be there. As Holland spoke about a March date for Bernie's delivery, I was kinda outraged, because it was another elephant-like pregnancy, but I then realized that, if Melissa is not back from maternity leave full time, it's not possible to actually tape an episode involving her character giving birth (that would entail much more than a few pre-taped scenes). For the rest, I guess Bernie will be actually in the episodes (or at least in some of them) thanks to pre-taped scenes. Thoughts?

I think the main questions is if they will have her in pretaped scenes and if so - how many.

Edited by bfm
  • Like 2

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic