The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

10 hours ago, Shelldon said:

Actually I don't think any of the 20 million viewers would really get in a fuss if Leonard was cut out. Out of the big three he's kind of just the buffer for Sheldon and Penny's more pronounced personality quirks.

Someone ding me when we get a title.

I disagree if you think the show can survive without Leonard. Leonard and Penny are the whole premise. They can't do the show without Lenny. 

• Like 8
  • Koala Face 1
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

7 hours ago, Tensor said:

There's Melissa in the background

And johnny too, but his face is half hidden.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

From IG....

The episode title is "The Bitcoin Entanglement", Stuart and Zach are in the episode.

Story by: Steve Holland, Andy Gordon and Jeremy Howe

Teleplay by: Dave Goetsch, Maria Ferrari, Antony Del Broccolo.

Thanks so much for the info! That title is very intriguing!

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Shelldon said:

Actually I don't think any of the 20 million viewers would really get in a fuss if Leonard was cut out. Out of the big three he's kind of just the buffer for Sheldon and Penny's more pronounced personality quirks. 

I know quite a few people who who would quit watching if Leonard was cut out, me for one. 

6 hours ago, djsurrey said:

Of course there could be more than one thing driving the ratings and there could be selection bias in the people who talk in TBBT forums compared to those who don't bother.

Of course there could, I never said it wasn't possible, I just didn't see any evidence for it.  Perhaps you have some evidence the Star Wars plot drove the higher ratings, as no one else has been able to produce any. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, SRAM said:

To be more accurate, I don’t think any of the 20 million REAL fans would give a rats ass if Shenny was never heard of or mentioned again.

I started paying attention to forums and fan fiction and all of the online world things concerning TBBT in May 2013, right after the end of Season 6 (although I have been an avid viewer since day 1---being a huge advocate of the short asthmatic guy winning the perky, beautiful neighbor across the hall).  When I found out about the die-hard fandom, I was surprised and pleased to enlist.  When I found out there was a portion of the fandom that were enthusiastic about a pairing off of Sheldon and Penny (Shenny) I was speechless and found it beyond hard to believe, being a novice to and becoming this sort of a fan as well as learning the whole new concept of "shipping". 

• Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 3

Wondering how the flashbacks (if the pics are correct) ties in with this episode title and also Zack's appearance.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Shelldon said:

Someone ding me when we get a title.

22228098_1526158904133307_6332346137946088526_n.jpg

I beg to differ. If the show cut Leonard out the ratings would go down faster then the sinking of The Titanic.  TBBT work so well because of all 7 of them! One leaves and it just doesn't work anymore. 

The show is also from Leonard point of view. 

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan
  • Like 2
  • Make a lot more sense than that 2

27 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

I started paying attention to forums and fan fiction and all of the online world things concerning TBBT in May 2013, right after the end of Season 6 (although I have been an avid viewer since day 1---being a huge advocate of the short asthmatic guy winning the perky, beautiful neighbor across the hall).  When I found out about the die-hard fandom, I was surprised and pleased to enlist.  When I found out there was a portion of the fandom that were enthusiastic about a pairing off of Sheldon and Penny (Shenny) I was speechless and found it beyond hard to believe, being a novice to and becoming this sort of a fan as well as learning the whole new concept of "shipping". 

I have never thought of Sheldon and Penny being involved in any kind of romantic act before I started reading this forum and fanfiction about a year ago! I was so surprised to see how many romantic Shenny fics there are.

Edited by bfm
  • Like 9

25 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Wondering how the flashbacks (if the pics are correct) ties in with this episode title and also Zack's appearance.

Assuming the bitcoin thing belongs to that part of the story I can imagine Penny and/or Zack having bought some of these back in the day - hence the flashback of them talking about it in Penny's old place - and now they find out these are worth a ton of money or something like that.

• Like 4
  • It's a Tiara 1

15 hours ago, Sah said:

Shenny? That was never going to happen in my opinion...I think it was aways going to be Lenny from the word go. I am ofton curious about why people would ever put Penny and Sheldon together. They have always seemed brother and sister or child and nanny....

Have to agree  Don't believe they would ever put Penny and Sheldon together. They are more compatible as sister/brother as has been mentioned several times during the show. Also agree that Penny and Leonard were the romantic couple from the beginning. Didn't Johnny Galecki state at one time he was offered the role of Sheldon at first but turned it down in favor of Leonard as he believed this would be the more romantic role.  And also Kaley was not cast at that time and when she was he had no doubt whatsoever!

• Like 5
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, April said:

Assuming the bitcoin thing belongs to that part of the story I can imagine Penny and/or Zack having bought some of these back in the day - hence the flashback of them talking about it in Penny's old place - and now they find out these are worth a ton of money or something like that.

Yeah that had crossed my mind as a possibility. I am shocked about how much they go for these days lol!

1 minute ago, nusspot said:

Part of the plot: "the guys thought they had an old bitcoin on their laptop that is now worth lots of money, but the laptop was at penny’s ex boyfriend’s so they had to go there and get it back"

Thanks so much @nusspot! It's greatly appreciated :)

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, nusspot said:

Part of the plot: "the guys thought they had an old bitcoin on their laptop that is now worth lots of money, but the laptop was at penny’s ex boyfriend’s so they had to go there and get it back"

Thank you!

Ha, almost got it right! lol

• Like 6
  • Haha 2
  • It's a Tiara 1

3 hours ago, Tensor said:

I know quite a few people who who would quit watching if Leonard was cut out, me for one.

Me too! Didn't take me long to drift away from That Seventies Show after Eric left.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, bfm said:

I have never thought of Sheldon and Penny being involved in any kind of romantic act before I started reading this forum and fanfiction about a year ago! I was so surprised to see how many romantic Shenny fics there are.

ME TOO!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, nusspot said:

I thought bitcoin was a virtual currency held in the sky somewhere and not located anywhere in particular. I've learned something just by looking at your post, Nusspot. Did you go to the taping ? 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

I thought bitcoin was a virtual currency held in the sky somewhere and not located anywhere in particular. I've learned something just by looking at your post, Nusspot. Did you go to the taping ? 

I wish! Nah, I'm just good at finding info lol

Just to clarify: it's from the comments to the IG post I quoted.

Edited by nusspot
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mario D. said:

Have to agree  Don't believe they would ever put Penny and Sheldon together. They are more compatible as sister/brother as has been mentioned several times during the show. Also agree that Penny and Leonard were the romantic couple from the beginning. Didn't Johnny Galecki state at one time he was offered the role of Sheldon at first but turned it down in favor of Leonard as he believed this would be the more romantic role.  And also Kaley was not cast at that time and when she was he had no doubt whatsoever!

See the bold above.  Exactly!  He (Johnny G.) said words to the effect that he wanted to explore that character's journey as it was outlined to him.  For the first 4 seasons (the seasons that sold TBBT into syndication, btw) the show was definitely told through a Leonard centric prism.  Since then, it has been ebbing away from that viewpoint to something not quite as enjoyable. 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

....Since then, it has been ebbing away from that viewpoint to something not quite as enjoyable. 

Very prosaically put. :shy:

bts_02.gif.e13f0e2e1c4a5186dbe81fb14df5e5d7.gif

• Like 3