[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, vonmar said:

"no it’s rather funny, no drama, and they didn’t film at penny’s old apartment"

This is odd, why then the glimpses of 4B reset as Penny's old apartment? I wonder if they held something back?

what do you mean they held something back its still sheldon amy apartment is it

• Like 1

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know a lot of people here know of my medical problems.   For those who don't, I have trouble, at times, walking any kind of distance, say a block or two, without the aid of a cane.  Around the house

Hello guys,   I am so sorry, I promised a taping report but it was a crazy week and I didn't have time to write one. Here is what happened(I don't know if you already get any other repo

Hey guys! I’m sure somebody will give you a full TR so just wanted to share my overall impressions and BTS I thought the episode was just perfect and for those of you who don’t like Shamy - I fel

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, kbp said:

what do you mean they held something back its still sheldon amy apartment is it

Pictures from the set, showed quite a bit of Penny's old stuff in 4B.  I think it's still Shamy's, but they may have been using 4B for storage, since it was reported that it wasn't used at the taping Tuesday night.  

6 hours ago, Spaced_up said:

Because he's always scared to tell Penny the truth, He's so desparate for her to like him. We just have different tastes.

What I don't understand is how ypu got to that conclusion, this is beyond character perception. If he was so desparate for her to lile him then why wouldn't he tell her what he did to earn points?  We probably won't reach an understanding but I just wanted to clear out what I'm not clear about.

8 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Pictures from the set, showed quite a bit of Penny's old stuff in 4B.  I think it's still Shamy's, but they may have been using 4B for storage, since it was reported that it wasn't used at the taping Tuesday night.  

But weren't some decorations set on the wall there? Why would they hang them if they just used it for storage?

• Like 4

Leonard and Penny have been married over 3 seasons now. In what universe would Leonard be desperate for his Wife to like him lol. I Think thats a mute point. I mean its true if Leonard was so desperate for Penny to like him. Then he would ask her what he did to earn points. This whole conversation is so Season One though. Thats over a decade ago. They are now married. Their is no need for Leonard, for Penny to validate him. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 5

15 hours ago, Tensor said:

Of course there could, I never said it wasn't possible, I just didn't see any evidence for it.  Perhaps you have some evidence the Star Wars plot drove the higher ratings, as no one else has been able to produce any. 

No evidence. Just a hunch. I read an estimate of 40 million tickets sold in north america in the first week. I also noticed that there was a lot of advertisements from retailers trying to cash in on the Star Wars frenzy. I expect they are expecting payback from throwing star wars tie-ins into advertisements. Got of wonder is a star wars fan who sees an TBBT add that shows a star wars tie-in mint not want to check out the episode even if he.she has not been a fan. Does not mean they would seek out a forum.

11 hours ago, veejay said:

Very prosaically put. :shy:

bts_02.gif.e13f0e2e1c4a5186dbe81fb14df5e5d7.gif

Kaley has a face for everything.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tensor said:

It didn't seem like a storage, the whole Penny's furniture was up and in order, it's odd they did all that work for nothing.Did some of you make the WB tour this season? Was 4b decorated Penny's style or Shamy's style?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

No evidence. Just a hunch. I read an estimate of 40 million tickets sold in north america in the first week. I also noticed that there was a lot of advertisements from retailers trying to cash in on the Star Wars frenzy. I expect they are expecting payback from throwing star wars tie-ins into advertisements. Got of wonder is a star wars fan who sees an TBBT add that shows a star wars tie-in mint not want to check out the episode even if he.she has not been a fan. Does not mean they would seek out a forum.

So, you have the same thing Tonstar had, you want to believe there was something other than Shamy coitus that would drive 2,000,000 more viewers in Live + 7 and 1,000,000 more viewers for Live + Same day to watch the show that one specific week.  

3 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

It didn't seem like a storage, the whole Penny's furniture was up and in order, it's odd they did all that work for nothing.Did some of you make the WB tour this season? Was 4b decorated Penny's style or Shamy's style?

Up and in order??????  If they were going to be shooting, the furniture it wouldn't have been pushed off to the back and partially covered.  

a.ayers10_19158526_131120020981135_7891199376364666880_n.jpg

9 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Up and in order??????  If they were going to be shooting, the furniture it wouldn't have been pushed off to the back and partially covered.  

But why wold they have replaced the Shamy decor on the wall in the bedroom in 4B?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tensor said:

So, you have the same thing Tonstar had, you want to believe there was something other than Shamy coitus that would drive 2,000,000 more viewers in Live + 7 and 1,000,000 more viewers for Live + Same day to watch the show that one specific week.  

The things on the wall and the vases seem in order, as well as the decorations in the bedroom, it's odd to put them on for nothing. Plus, some of the paintings should be in 4A now, where the GoT sword used to be, if I remember correctly.

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Tensor said:

I don't know what the breakdown is. What percentage of those views would be due to star wars , what percentage would be due to Shamy or what ever other factors might have been in play.

All I can really say with certainty is that I liked the star wars tie ins which were excellent and I care not at all about the Shamy bedroom. 

Edited by djsurrey

13 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

All I can really say with certainty is that I liked the star wars tie ins which were excellent and I care not at all about the Shamy bedroom. 

Selection bias?   I don't like Shamy, I like Star Wars, but you're like me, I watch all the time, so either one isn't going to change the number of viewers.  Like I said, if you have any actual evidence, I would love to see it and be shown wrong, but I haven't seen any kind of of even remote evidence, other than hunches or I think, for a Star Wars bump in the ratings.  

• Run to India 1

Mayim posted the pictures below on Monday on her IG story. Maybe these belong to pre-taped flash back scenes, that include 4B? For me, her style looks like season 4 or so, especially her hair. But I'm not an Amy expert, it's just a thought. :icon_wink:

missmayim_19147811_138686560189379_8677377987252846592_n.thumb.jpg.06dbbbbe43b83e35f2053dc1cb39d93d.jpgmissmayim_16666626_2021574751421202_6761493737655762944_n.thumb.jpg.65b4f3b34740588e52ed1081bc1cdf00.jpg

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Spaced_up said:

It's all in the writing. I've already agree that Shenny won't happen, not sure what else this forum expects me to say. Penny could have been interested in Sheldon as a man, I was. Sheldon was kind of hot once.

She could have been but she wasn't. I mean I totally get that you were but Shenny would be Sheldon and Penny, not Sheldon and you so therefore for her to say she's not interested in him as a man is quite an impediment.

Edited by Carlos
Spelling
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, luminous said:

Mayim posted the pictures below on Monday on her IG story. Maybe these belong to pre-taped flash back scenes, that include 4B? For me, her style looks like season 4 or so, especially her hair. But I'm not an Amy expert, it's just a thought. :icon_wink:

missmayim_19147811_138686560189379_8677377987252846592_n.thumb.jpg.06dbbbbe43b83e35f2053dc1cb39d93d.jpgmissmayim_16666626_2021574751421202_6761493737655762944_n.thumb.jpg.65b4f3b34740588e52ed1081bc1cdf00.jpg

It is, hair apart, she has changed the frames of her eyeglass since 11.3 (those are the old ones) and she used to wear that particular cardigan in S. 4-5. My guess is they were pre-taping something, if not for this particular episode, for another one, possibly for when Melissa is on maternity leave.

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 5

Just now, Tensor said:

Selection bias?   I don't like Shamy, I like Star Wars, but you're like me, I watch all the time, so either one isn't going to change the number of viewers.  Like I said, if you have any actual evidence, I would love to see it and be shown wrong, but I haven't seen any kind of of even remote evidence, other than hunches or I think, for a Star Wars bump in the ratings.  

If we're going by 'hunches' my hunch would be that most Star Wars fans were out to watch Star Wars that night and not TBBT unless they were already fans of both anyway. lol

2 minutes ago, luminous said:

Yeah, it's clear they didn't film in 4B on taping night and maybe that's what the person meant. But they could have pre-taped a scene or two in the set styled as Penny's old apartment. It would be a bit weird to do all this work for nothing.

• Like 2
  • It's a Tiara 1

12 minutes ago, Carlos said:

She could have been but she wasn't. I mean I totally get that you were but Shenny would be Sheldon and Penny, not Sheldon and you so therefore for her to say she's not interested in him as a man is quote an impediment.

Well I do remember in Season 2 Penny told Sheldon I could think of you to decrease my libido :taunt:. So yeah. She clearly was never attracted to Sheldon. And always was attracted to Leonard. Probably because Out of all the guys, he was normal. The Mackdaddy, Obviousley. For various reasons. Jim is not Sheldon. And Kaley is not Penny. Anyway moving on this conversation is as redundant as the Penny/Raj one. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, April said:

If we're going by 'hunches' my hunch would be that most Star Wars fans were out to watch Star Wars that night and not TBBT unless they were already fans of both anyway. lol

Well it was not just a one day wonder. A lot of fans did not make opening night.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fastest-grossing_films#Fastest-grossing_films_to_.241.C2.A0billion 

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, djsurrey said:

Well it was not just a one day wonder. A lot of fans did not make opening night.

So? We're now talking about a theoretical subsection of Star Wars fans who'd usually not watch TBBT but decided to tune in that one night as a substitute to the real thing cause they couldn't get tickets? I mean honestly, that's weirdly specific and as Tensor said time and again there's nothing much to support that. Hunches can go into all sorts of directions, which was pretty much my point.

Look, I loved the tie in with Star Wars as much as you but the way the show was advertised and how it was treated in the press back then and subsequently the comments all over the internet point more towards the Shamy story being the big draw. I have a hard time thinking of anyone seeing the Shamy story advertised and thinking "wait, there could be a Star Wars joke in there - maybe I should watch!" (I mean exceptions prove the rule and all that but I'm pretty certain those don't amount to the however many millions of viewers decided to tune in for this one especially)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, April said:

So? We're now talking about a theoretical subsection of Star Wars fans who'd usually not watch TBBT but decided to tune in that one night as a substitute to the real thing cause they couldn't get tickets? I mean honestly, that's weirdly specific and as Tensor said time and again there's nothing much to support that. Hunches can go into all sorts of directions, which was pretty much my point.

Look, I loved the tie in with Star Wars as much as you but the way the show was advertised and how it was treated in the press back then and subsequently the comments all over the internet point more towards the Shamy story being the big draw. I have a hard time thinking of anyone seeing the Shamy story advertised and thinking "wait, there could be a Star Wars joke in there - maybe I should watch!" (I mean exceptions prove the rule and all that but I'm pretty certain those don't amount to the however many millions of viewers decided to tune in for this one especially)

23130731_1719184644798372_4969362339852717441_n.jpg

• Haha 6

20 hours ago, veejay said:

Very prosaically put. :shy:

bts_02.gif.e13f0e2e1c4a5186dbe81fb14df5e5d7.gif

I know this was taped around August 14 when they were doing the first episode, but I cannot get over Kaley's unenthusiastic face in this shot. Maybe it was just that Penny and Leonard were secondary to the A plot as she says or she is just fulfilling her contract   She has always been an enigma in her interviews, saying things she may not mean or just throwing stuff out there for the heck of it.

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, djsurrey said:

Kaley has a face for everything.

31 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

I know this was taped around August 14 when they were doing the first episode, but I cannot get over Kaley's unenthusiastic face in this shot. Maybe it was just that Penny and Leonard were secondary to the A plot as she says or she is just fulfilling her contract   She has always been an enigma in her interviews, saying things she may not mean or just throwing stuff out there for the heck of it.

I wouldn't disagree at all.  :shy:

nw_070.gif.b41cc9c8dd038c2d3920b3c18d055a33.gif

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, veejay said:

I wouldn't disagree at all.  :shy:

nw_070.gif.b41cc9c8dd038c2d3920b3c18d055a33.gif

I'm not too worried about Kaley.  She is seen interacting a lot with folks at work, especially with Alex--it looks from things on Instagram that they have a blast!  Johnny on the other hand is another question.  We don't have much in the way of reports of bts activities that in the past helped us to see that the cast was having a good time at tapings as they were goofing around with each other and in their respective friendly groups.  Johnny was never one to share much on social media.  He has withdrawn from Instagram postings much in the last few months, so the mystery will remain....

• Like 3

7 hours ago, April said:

A better question might be how much money was spent for advertising for this episode compared to other episodes.

• Like 2

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic