[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know a lot of people here know of my medical problems.   For those who don't, I have trouble, at times, walking any kind of distance, say a block or two, without the aid of a cane.  Around the house

Hello guys,   I am so sorry, I promised a taping report but it was a crazy week and I didn't have time to write one. Here is what happened(I don't know if you already get any other repo

Hey guys! I’m sure somebody will give you a full TR so just wanted to share my overall impressions and BTS I thought the episode was just perfect and for those of you who don’t like Shamy - I fel

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

But have they surpassed in terms of quality? Hmmm

22 minutes ago, Tensor said:

I was never a fan of Friends, so, for me, yes they have.  

Gotta go with 3ku11 on this one. Friends never repeatedly beat you over the head with one character. Thus since TBBT has the quality IMO has gone down significantly in the last 3-4 seasons.

• Like 2

Just now, Chrismo said:

Gotta go with 3ku11 on this one. Friends never repeatedly beat you over the head with one character. Thus since TBBT has the quality IMO has gone down significantly in the last 3-4 seasons.

That's fine.  I also think the quality has dropped.   But, if I didn't like Friends, why would I think it was a quality show?  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Tensor said:

I was never a fan of Friends, so, for me, yes they have.  

I have been watching "Friends" for the first time and I have to say "Big Bang Theory " has much quality imo: dialogues, characters growth and jokes concerned . Tbh I think "Friends" is a bit overated, my apologies for big fans of the show but is jmo...

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

But have they surpassed in terms of quality? Hmmm

No they haven't. I like both shows but (though I like Friends better and been a fan of it for years.) I think history will judge Friends as being the better one of the two shows especially The Early Episodes 

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan

9 minutes ago, Tensor said:

That's fine.  I also think the quality has dropped.   But, if I didn't like Friends, why would I think it was a quality show?  

I can understand that and many don't like TBBT. I think the reason for my theory is simple. If you asked people who their favorite character on TBBT is you would get a clear favorite. On Friends IMO you would not. Thus on TBBT you get recycled storylines with you know who. I also find it interesting on here that it seems a certain sex like TBBT and the other liked Friends. Obviously nothing scientific but just an observation.

• Like 1

Seinfeld beats both of these shows out of the water.  The first couple seasons were kind of slow (probably due to how of a season the first two years were)  but after it got put on Thursday after Cheers it quality improved greatly, It took off and ratings went through the roof. If we are gonna talk about TV Shows of the last 30 years Seinfeld had better quality then both of them when it came to it later Seasons. 

16 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I can understand that and many don't like TBBT. I think the reason for my theory is simple. If you asked people who their favorite character on TBBT is you would get a clear favorite. On Friends IMO you would not. Thus on TBBT you get recycled storylines with you know who. I also find it interesting on here that it seems a certain sex like TBBT and the other liked Friends. Obviously nothing scientific but just an observation.

This is very true. You are right about Friends being more popular among women while TBBT is more (or was) popular among Men. 

Actually, The Dick Van Dyke Show was better than all of these.  Quality (and what's best) is so subjective, there's no sense trying to say which is best or has the best quality.  Everyone is going to have their own criteria and their own idea of what quality is.  

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Actually, The Dick Van Dyke Show was better than all of these.  Quality (and what's best) is so subjective, there's no sense trying to say which is best or has the best quality.  Everyone is going to have their own criteria and their own idea of what quality is.  

I don't disagreeing with you there! Dick Van Dyke Show is a  Great Show (one of my favorites) and is better than all of them! but I talking only the last 30 years not 60 years. 

2 hours ago, vonmar said:

They look happier then Kaley and Johnny...like they are still having some fun doing this show. Jim Parsons has such a cute smile!

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Sah said:

They look happier then Kaley and Johnny...like they are still having some fun doing this show. Jim Parsons has such a cute smile!

I don't think L and K are fully invested in the Sheldon Cooper show. But who can turn down 23 million a year?

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Couldn't stand it. I have never watched an entire ep of that show.

IT is my Favorite sitcom of all time. Simply because I Grew up with it. Their is not a character or storyline i Cannot relate too. Kinda shaped my life in some aspects. But that is just me. I still think Friends is the supeior show particualrly in writing but that is jmo. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

IT is my Favorite sitcom of all time. Simply because I Grew up with it. Their is not a character or storyline i Cannot relate too. Kinda shaped my life in some aspects. But that is just me. I still think Friends is the supeior show particualrly in writing but that is jmo. 

I agree. It was truly an ensemble cast where everyone was each other equal.  No one dominated an episode over all the other characters like Sheldon does not on TBBT

• Like 3

Just now, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

I agree. It was truly an ensemble cast where everyone was each other equal.  No one dominated an episode over all the other characters like Sheldon does not on TBBT

It is funny because in terms of unique storytelling TBBT was original and unique the first three seasons. But since season 7 you could argue it has been very conventional in its story telling. You could argue no different to what Friends was. I say Friends had supeior writing. Because it truley was an ensemble. And it was seen like that till the end. Obviousley since Season 7 TBBT has become more Sheldon Coopers Adventures and his Friends. Then The Big Bang Theory. But that is JMO.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, ajond said:

I don't think L and K are fully invested in the Sheldon Cooper show. But who can turn down 23 million a year?

Yeah, it's a shame that we never get any pictures of them smiling and laughing on set any more.   

LOL

There are personal perceptions of how J/K feel and there are pictures from rehearsals, tape nights and IG that tell another story.

Edited by vonmar
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Yeah, it's a shame that we never get any pictures of them smiling and laughing on set any more.   

LOL

There are personal perceptions of how J/K feel and there are pictures from rehearsals, tape nights IG that tell another story.

Johnny always seems kind of more serious to me.  But you are right. 

Oh look Johnny not smiling.... Must mean that He hates his Job and everyone he working with! 

• Like 2

Also, for the ratings, the Thursday night game is on the local CBS station in Buffalo and in NYC.   It will be on another channel, while the overnights will appear to be low, it may pick up, as the finals should pick up the viewers on the other channel.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, vonmar said:

LOL

There are personal perceptions of how J/K feel and there are pictures from rehearsals, tape nights and IG that tell another story.

35 minutes ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

Johnny always seems kind of more serious to me.  But you are right. 

Oh look Johnny not smiling.... Must mean that He hates his Job and everyone he working with! 

I don't know who's happy or who's nitbut I what do know is they have a diminished role on the show. JMO common sense would lead you to believe they can't be happy over that.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I don't know who's happy or who's nitbut I what do know is they have a diminished role on the show. JMO common sense would lead you to believe they can't be happy over that.

They must be faking it in the pictures then, miserable people pretending to love their coworkers and their jobs, okay.

• Like 3
  • Run to India 1

They must be faking it in the pictures then, miserable people pretending to love their coworkers and their jobs, okay.
I don't remember anyone saying they didn't like their co workers

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

I don't remember anyone saying they didn't like their co workers

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

If you all can suspect that they are miserable based on an interview, I can suspect that they are unhappy in every aspect of their workplace, right?

But the happy, laughing, cheerful pictures on set, IG and the charming comments on IG pictures  would trump the doom and gloom.

But I'm done, I see what I see and you see what you see and that's fine. 

• Like 2
  • Run to India 1

55 minutes ago, vonmar said:

There under contract. Do you believe in all the years of the show they have gotten along with everyone? Kaley faked she was happily married for awhile too. Later that was proven incorrect.

• Like 4

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic