[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

Tensor

9 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Not cynical. Seems a jolly good reason to me. Haven't we all worked at things we'd rather not be doing because the money's worth it ? 

They could easily walk away. It’s a job, not a vocation. But while they can put out a quality product then go for it... oh, wait.

I don’t know. How many yachts can you ski behind. Still, I’m not in their shoes. Judge not lest... maybe.

• Like 1
  • Koala Face 1

5 hours ago, Kev0821 said:

So, I'm assuming that this is a newer photo... After all, they're standing in front of the comic-book store set, which wasn't featured in "The Proton Regeneration." I wonder if Wil is back for a December episode centered on the new Star Wars movie or a follow-up to his new role as Professor Proton.

I think it's an old photo, if I remember correctly from when they were shooting the 200th episode. Wil was asked on Tumblr about the possibility of being PP on the show again, he said he would love to (of course) but from the answer I got the impression there are no immediate plans for it.

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, bfm said:

Note that Swati Kaplia is listed as recurring.

Yeah, that's what you get with multiple appearances as the same character.  Mary, Beverly, Debbie,  Wyatt, even Zack, etc, are recurring characters.  The big change would be if the start listing her at the beginning of the episode, but we will probably hear about that before it happens. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tensor said:

Yeah, that's what you get with multiple appearances as the same character.  Mary, Beverly, Debbie,  Wyatt, even Zack, etc, are recurring characters.  The big change would be if the start listing her at the beginning of the episode, but we will probably hear about that before it happens. 

Was Ricki Lindham listed as recurring?

(Genuine question, not rethorical)

• Like 1
  • Koala Face 1

5 hours ago, bfm said:

Thanks! :)

So the uncertaity about Raj's romantic future continues... Oh well...

Perhaps the writers will avoid having everyone in a relationship till the show is done or just about done.

Edited by djsurrey
sp
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, djsurrey said:

Perhaps the writers will avoid having everyone in a relationship till the show is done ore just about done.

If Raj had something else going for him I would be fine with that but he's just...Raj...

• Like 2

Raj has been irrelevant since the show became relationship driven around Season 5. He is just a secondary character. Honest question. Would anyone notice if they wrote Raj out? I am being serious. Let's be honest? IF the next episode aired, and Raj was no long around. Would we miss him? Would anyone miss him? To some degree yes, based on the fact he has been in the show since the pilot. But they way the show have portrayed and presented him. You don't really care about his character. 

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Raj has been irrelevant since the show became relationship driven around Season 5. He is just a secondary character. Honest question. Would anyone notice if they wrote Raj out? I am being serious. Let's be honest? IF the next episode aired, and Raj was no long around. Would we miss him? Would anyone miss him? To some degree yes, based on the fact he has been in the show since the pilot. But they way the show have portrayed and presented him. You don't really care about his character. 

He started off not being able to say anything when Penny was in the room. My guess is he gets more lines now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

But ... come on! Raj has a relationship...with Howard !  :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, djsurrey said:

He started off not being able to say anything when Penny was in the room. My guess is he gets more lines now.

Yes but he was featured more predominatly. When the show was more Geek driven. Now the show is more relationship driven. And all three of the guys are now in relationships and/or are married. And he is not. Emily had potential, but does not look like she is coming back. So imo he is a Secondary character. I actually prefered Raj when he coulden't talk :icon_cheesygrin:

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Raj has been closely linked to Howard all these years so I'm guessing that if he is gone that you would probably miss him in the Howardettes stories. But I really don't see that Kunal would leave the show now when the show is almost at the end. 

42 minutes ago, Lagernisse said:

Raj has been closely linked to Howard all these years so I'm guessing that if he is gone that you would probably miss him in the Howardettes stories. But I really don't see that Kunal would leave the show now when the show is almost at the end. 

I never notice him in the Howardette stories either :taunt:

• Like 1

It wouldn't feel the same with any of them gone as they have been a part of our tv viewing lives for so long. Obviously some are more integral to the show than others, that is pretty much undeniable and Raj is clearly the least out of all of them with the way the others are in relationships.

What would I miss if Raj left? I like the caring Raj, he does have that side where it shows, thinking in particular how he tries to cheer Bernie up through both her first pregnancy and now her second. I find the Metrosexual 21st century man Raj hilarious at times, I think they could have played on that more during the show's run. Howard and Raj together can still be funny as can Bernie and Raj.

What would I not miss? The way he flat out treats women, I have made complaints about Leonard treating his wife as some kind of trophy or great achievement, but its worse with Raj he flat out doesn't value them or show them respect. I wouldn't miss some of the racist Indian stereotypes or jokes (which might increase now that Raj has an Indian girlfriend, will the writers be able to resist that?) I certainly wouldn't miss the woe is me Raj who often interjects and moans in storylines when his friends are happy, excited or celebrating something. In particular the way he talks about Shamy at times and their relationship does annoy me, but that's down to his own problem and insecurities.

I would miss Kunal, he seems like a nice bloke in interviews and it feels like he does more publicity for the show than most of them and he clearly cares about the show. I would miss seeing that if he left.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 7
  • It's a Tiara 1

12 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Yes but he was featured more predominatly. When the show was more Geek driven. Now the show is more relationship driven. And all three of the guys are now in relationships and/or are married. And he is not. Emily had potential, but does not look like she is coming back. So imo he is a Secondary character. I actually prefered Raj when he coulden't talk :icon_cheesygrin:

Even in this clip talking with Penny he reverts back to being an obnoxious ass. How can he ever relate to women being like this. At least Emily, even though she had a dark side, kept their banter amusing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jonny said:

It wouldn't feel the same with any of them gone as they have been a part of our tv viewing lives for so long. Obviously some are more integral to the show than others, that is pretty much undeniable and Raj is clearly the least out of all of them with the way the others are in relationships.

What would I miss if Raj left? I like the caring Raj, he does have that side where it shows, thinking in particular how he tries to cheer Bernie up through both her first pregnancy and now her second. I find the Metrosexual 21st century man Raj hilarious at times, I think they could have played on that more during the show's run. Howard and Raj together can still be funny as can Bernie and Raj.

What would I not miss? The way he flat out treats women, I have made complaints about Leonard treating his wife as some kind of trophy or great achievement, but its worse with Raj he flat out doesn't value them or show them respect. I wouldn't miss some of the racist Indian stereotypes or jokes (which might increase now that Raj has an Indian girlfriend, will the writers be able to resist that?) I certainly wouldn't miss the woe is me Raj who often interjects and moans in storylines when his friends are happy, excited or celebrating something. In particular the way he talks about Shamy at times and their relationship does annoy me, but that's down to his own problem and insecurities.

I would miss Kunal, he seems like a nice bloke in interviews and it feels like he does more publicity for the show than most of them and he clearly cares about the show. I would miss seeing that if he left.

Well stated! I could not say better than you did about Raj/Kunal as I feel the same about the character and the actor.

For me tbbt only work with these seven people as main cast. One of them out, the dynamic of the characters would be affected strongly.  After all this show started with a strong sense of group friendship. Even most of them fell in love and these days are taken, the viewers follow the events of their lives as they share most of things together. They are a group that got big with Howard's wife and Sheldon's  fianceé as they joined to guys's lives but they  are still a group who works like a family. The idea of one or more of these characters left imo would ruin the show forever. And doesnt matter who of them would leave, it would ruin anyway and definitely put an unevitable end to the show.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

No. They could send him back to India tomorrow and I wouldn't miss him. And that's tough for me to say because i used to like him quite a bit.

4 hours ago, Jonny said:

Yes, Kunal is appealing. But I can't believe he's happy with the way the show is going.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2017 at 1:01 AM, Nogravitasatall said:

They could easily walk away. It’s a job, not a vocation. But while they can put out a quality product then go for it... oh, wait.

I don’t know. How many yachts can you ski behind. Still, I’m not in their shoes. Judge not lest... maybe.

Umm, It is not that easy to 'just walk away' from a TV Show.  They are not working at Walmart, They are working a Television Show on a Broadcast Network where they have a Contract with the Network and Production company and would be in breach of that Contract if they 'just walk away' like you think they can. They would have a lawsuit n their hands likely. 

You are putting People work and livelihood on the line and at risk. When you start doing that. The people who work in the Make-Up and Costume department don't make millions like the Actors do. 

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic