Jump to content

[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

If there's any time Raj could become more prominent. It's now. Could he be written off now? I suppose. It seems to me that could be said for Bernadette and Amy too. I mean bed rest is pretty equivalent to be temporarily written off. And Amy. Someone on the Shamy thread mentioned there really isn't much left for them to do and I agree. Also IMO people watch Shamy for Sheldon not Amy.

  • Like 4
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know a lot of people here know of my medical problems.   For those who don't, I have trouble, at times, walking any kind of distance, say a block or two, without the aid of a cane.  Around the house

Hello guys,   I am so sorry, I promised a taping report but it was a crazy week and I didn't have time to write one. Here is what happened(I don't know if you already get any other repo

Hey guys! I’m sure somebody will give you a full TR so just wanted to share my overall impressions and BTS I thought the episode was just perfect and for those of you who don’t like Shamy - I fel

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Capt. Hilts said:

 

His parents were terrific characters and that scenario could be mined for all kinds of things.

I agree. Some on this forum like to talk about Amy's or Howatd's father appearing on the show. The thing is the anticipation for that has gone on for too long and odds on wouldn't be well received .Penny's mom and brother and Sheldon's MeeMaw have IMO proven that.

  • It's a Tiara 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Capt. Hilts said:

I think bringing one of Raj's parents to California to set him up with an Indian girl would be really great.

His parents were terrific characters and that scenario could be mined for all kinds of things.

But, the writers have already set Raj up with Ruchi. We have yet to see how this pairing unfolds throughout the season, but Raj's parents could fly-in to meet her, assuming their relationship progresses.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

Umm, It is not that easy to 'just walk away' from a TV Show.  They are not working at Walmart, They are working a Television Show on a Broadcast Network where they have a Contract with the Network and Production company and would be in breach of that Contract if they 'just walk away' like you think they can. They would have a lawsuit n their hands likely. 

You are putting People work and livelihood on the line and at risk. When you start doing that. The people who work in the Make-Up and Costume department don't make millions like the Actors do. 

They are regularly re-signed, which means they have periods where they have to decide to continue - or not. And contracts can be terminated at any time by mutual consent. And they have money for lawyers. And, if they really, really, really wanted to go, they could take the financial penalties and skedaddle. And they are not indentured. And the crew are not their literal dependents. 

But it’s unlikely they are going to walk away - and the production company has plan B in Young Sheldon. And the crew and production staff will get jobs on other shows, when the time comes. There is a whole town around them making content. :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nogravitasatall said:

They are regularly re-signed, which means they have periods where they have to decide to continue - or not. And contracts can be terminated at any time by mutual consent. And they have money for lawyers. And, if they really, really, really wanted to go, they could take the financial penalties and skedaddle. And they are not indentured. And the crew are not their literal dependents. 

But it’s unlikely they are going to walk away - and the production company has plan B in Young Sheldon. And the crew and production staff will get jobs on other shows, when the time comes. There is a whole town around them making content. :) 

This Summer they signed for 2 More Seasons. That not a regular sign up.  They have to obey that contract until 2019 which the show is going to end than anyway!

CBS and the Production Company and Producers have Lawyers too! better ones then the Lawyers actors have and the Judge g to side with CBS and Warner Brothers!  

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Nogravitasatall said:

They are regularly re-signed, which means they have periods where they have to decide to continue - or not. And contracts can be terminated at any time by mutual consent. And they have money for lawyers. And, if they really, really, really wanted to go, they could take the financial penalties and skedaddle. And they are not indentured. And the crew are not their literal dependents. 

But it’s unlikely they are going to walk away - and the production company has plan B in Young Sheldon. And the crew and production staff will get jobs on other shows, when the time comes. There is a whole town around them making content. :) 

And never get another acting job again...Warner, CBS and Lorre would see to that.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

This Summer they signed for 2 More Seasons. That not a regular sign up.  They have to obey that contract until 2019 which the show is going to end than anyway!

CBS and the Production Company and Producers have Lawyers too! better ones then the Lawyers actors have and the Judge g to side with CBS and Warner Brothers!  

I don't know anything about the contracts in the entertainment industry but couldn't the actors have all kind of clauses in the contract regarding various things. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, vonmar said:

And never get another acting job again...Warner, CBS and Lorre would see to that.

That would not be right imo if they did that to any of the actors.

At least it would not be etical. People can change their minds and it doesnt mean they must be punished for the rest of their careers.  Sorry but I had to say it...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Nogravitasatall said:

They are regularly re-signed, which means they have periods where they have to decide to continue - or not. And contracts can be terminated at any time by mutual consent. And they have money for lawyers. And, if they really, really, really wanted to go, they could take the financial penalties and skedaddle. And they are not indentured. And the crew are not their literal dependents. 

But it’s unlikely they are going to walk away - and the production company has plan B in Young Sheldon. And the crew and production staff will get jobs on other shows, when the time comes. There is a whole town around them making content. :) 

 Don’t panic. It’s not happening. Golly.

edit. The show will most likely finish its contracted run. And maybe do a Will & Grace from beyond the grave. My point is there is no natural law that prevents this from ending if the players want it to end. 

Sheesh

It will end - someday. Be braced.

Edited by Nogravitasatall
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

That would not be right imo if they did that to any of the actors.

At least it would not be etical. People can change their minds and it doesnt mean they must be punished for the rest of their careers.  Sorry but I had to say it...

Hollywood is a business.  Breech your contract on a multi-million dollar, profit generating production and there would be long term repercussions.  No one would hire them.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Hollywood is a business.  Breech your contract on a multi-million dollar, profit generating production and there would be long term repercussions.  No one would hire them.  

I know it is a business but it doesnt mean that is a fair action imo. But I am a simple viewer, whose opinion  doesnt have any impact though.

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

You are putting People work and livelihood on the line and at risk. When you start doing that. The people who work in the Make-Up and Costume department don't make millions like the Actors do.

If Kunal was theoretically, and I stress theoretically, unhappy with what he's being given to do on the show and asked to be released, I'm sure they could find a way to do this. He wouldn't wind up starving, after all. And not a thing would change for anyone else connected with the show, aside from maybe once in awhile someone asking if anyone's heard from him and how he's doing in India.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

If Kunal was theoretically, and I stress theoretically, unhappy with what he's being given to do on the show and asked to be released, I'm sure they could find a way to do this. He wouldn't wind up starving, after all. And not a thing would change for anyone else connected with the show, aside from maybe once in awhile someone asking if anyone's heard from him and how he's doing in India.

Kunal not leaving g the show and he can't because he in Contract to appear on the show until 2019. The show going to end after season 12 anyway. So no one going to leave between now and then. 

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are a lot more factors going into the decision to renew a contract - and the priority is certainly not to make a show that caters to an arbitrary idea of "quality". It's all subjective anyway, they get good laughs on taping nights and still amazing ratings in a time when viewing numbers are down across the board. You can't please everyone anyway so why feel bad about this job that is apparently making a lot of people happy?

On top of that you not only get fame and fortune, but the latest round of contract renewals came with a bundle of options that allows them to develop their own projects. I think Kunal is the only one who doesn't have anything announced, yet. I guess it's just a question of time until the right idea strikes. Heck, even Kaley, who everyone thought would be done with acting and live out her days as a horse / dog enthusiast after TBBT's end, announced a project she'll produce and act in. So whatever creative needs the actors may have seems to be dealt with this way and with a little luck will help them with their careers in front and behind the camera after TBBT.

All of that doesn't even mention that TBBT's schedule is pretty relaxed compared to some other gruelling TV productions and on all accounts the atmosphere on set is professional and people are just plain nice and fun to work with. That alone would keep a lot of people in a job even if they don't like every aspect of it.

  • Like 5
  • It's a Tiara 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

Who said Kunal going back to India? first of all, he not leaving g the show and he can't because he in Contract to appear on the show until 2019. The show going to end after season 12 anyway. So no one going to leave between now and then. 

Your post also seem s a little racist 

Maybe Kunal likes it here and doesn't want to go live in India. What if he wants to stay? Maybe he wants to stay in the USA because he likes it here. Just because he 'Indian' doesn't mean he wants to or will go live in India. by the way, he was born in England but raised in India  He came to the USA after college. You don't know what Kunal plans to do after the show 

I think @Die Zimtzicke is pretty obviously talking about Raj the character and not Kunal. Raj going back to India if he was no longer on the show is fairly realistic and what they would do.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Jonny said:
I think [mention=23872]Die Zimtzicke[/mention] is pretty obviously talking about Raj the character and not Kunal. Raj going back to India if he was no longer on the show is fairly realistic and what they would do.

 

Okay sorry I apologize I misunderstood

Well, in that case, I could see Raj going back to India if get a promotion with  lot of money  at a major university there in the final

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

Who said Kunal going back to India? first of all, he not leaving g the show and he can't because he in Contract to appear on the show until 2019. The show going to end after season 12 anyway. So no one going to leave between now and then. 

Your post also seem s a little racist 

Maybe Kunal likes it here and doesn't want to go live in India. What if he wants to stay? Maybe he wants to stay in the USA because he likes it here. Just because he 'Indian' doesn't mean he wants to or will go live in India. by the way, he was born in England but raised in India  He came to the USA after college. You don't know what Kunal plans to do after the show 

I’m not sure that you can be a little bit racist. It’s binary. I’d flag you if I could find the button.

maybe you didn’t intend it but if you think racism is expressed then flag it... if you can find the button. :) 

And I fully expect the gang to reappear in Saturday morning cartoons, if such things still exist. They are so whacky, you just can’t stop them. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Chrismo said:

If there's any time Raj could become more prominent. It's now. Could he be written off now? I suppose. It seems to me that could be said for Bernadette and Amy too. I mean bed rest is pretty equivalent to be temporarily written off. And Amy. Someone on the Shamy thread mentioned there really isn't much left for them to do and I agree. Also IMO people watch Shamy for Sheldon not Amy.

Yes ! Now is the time for Raj !  I think the show is a lot less relationship driven in season 11 and I think there is room to explore Raj as an individual and also his relationship with Ruchi and his parents . Ruchi doesn't have to be(and won't be)  in every episode but I think they could give Raj some fun plots . 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is true the show could easily write off Amy and Bernie. Amy probably more so. As for exploring Raj as an individual. I think we have seen enough of him to know what he is about lol.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

Yes ! Now is the time for Raj !  I think the show is a lot less relationship driven in season 11 and I think there is room to explore Raj as an individual and also his relationship with Ruchi and his parents . Ruchi doesn't have to be(and won't be)  in every episode but I think they could give Raj some fun plots . 

I agree.  I also think that they have been setting the show up for Melissa's absence, so we might get less & less H/B stories which makes some room in the scripts for a little more Raj.

  • Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just out of curiosity, why would be Amy and Bernie writen off? Why they bother so much? They are solid characters on showplots who helped other characters to develop more their lives. They dont collide in a negative away with any character so why the often mention of writing them off?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

It is true the show could easily write off Amy and Bernie. Amy probably more so. As for exploring Raj as an individual. I think we have seen enough of him to know what he is about lol.

And kill cashcow "Shamy?"

Funny!

 

9 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

Just out of curiosity, why would be Amy and Bernie writen off? Why they bother so much? They are solid characters on showplots who helped other characters to develop more their lives. They dont collide in a negative away with any character so why the often mention of writing them off?

Too many girlz in the treehouse!

Cooties!

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.