[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

9 minutes ago, Capt. Hilts said:

And kill cashcow "Shamy?"

Funny!

Too many girlz in the treehouse!

Cooties!

Really? So it should be back to the four boys and one girl like in beginning? 

This thread amuses me much indeed, lol!

• Like 2

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know a lot of people here know of my medical problems.   For those who don't, I have trouble, at times, walking any kind of distance, say a block or two, without the aid of a cane.  Around the house

Hello guys,   I am so sorry, I promised a taping report but it was a crazy week and I didn't have time to write one. Here is what happened(I don't know if you already get any other repo

Hey guys! I’m sure somebody will give you a full TR so just wanted to share my overall impressions and BTS I thought the episode was just perfect and for those of you who don’t like Shamy - I fel

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

Seinfeld did just fine with Three Men and one Woman on the show for 9 seasons but that may have been because Elaine was kind of a tomboy while Penny was not. I not saying that Amy and Bernadette. I actually don't think it would have lasted as long without them.  Amy has added that Tomboy Character to the show or the time anyway 

There are a lot of people who didn't like the direction the Show took in Season 5 and 6. 

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

Kunal not leaving g the show and he can't because he in Contract to appear on the show until 2019. The show going to end after season 12 anyway. So no one going to leave between now and then.

What I said was that if he wanted to leave the show, and I stressed as strongly as I could that it was a theoretical idea, Kunal could probably strike a deal to do so, since he is not playing a major role at the moment.  And if he did the easiest thing to do would be to have the character he plays go back to India. I never at any point said that was going to happen, only that it was theoretically possible for it to happen. Because it is. People under contracts have done deals to be released before.

• Like 1

Just now, Die Zimtzicke said:

What I said was that if he wanted to leave the show, and I stressed as strongly as I could that it was a theoretical idea, Kunal could probably strike a deal to do so, since he is not playing a major role at the moment.  And if he did the easiest thing to do would be to have the character he plays go back to India. I never at any point said that was going to happen, only that it was theoretically possible for it to happen. Because it is. People under contracts have done deals to be released before.

Yes in the News Business but not in Holywood in Hollywood on a TV Show.  When that happens it always the New Networks who releasing them form their Contract not other way around 

10 minutes ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

Seinfeld did just fine with Three Men and one Woman on the show for 9 seasons but that may have been because Elaine was kind of a tomboy while Penny was not.

In the beginning I think Penny was very much a tomboy.

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

Yes in the News Business but not in Holywood in Hollywood on a TV Show.  When that happens it always the New Networks who releasing them form their Contract not other way around 

Not always by any means. Just search for "actors who quit hit TV series" and see what comes up. Not all of it is contract disputes.

25 minutes ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

You right but not like Elaine. Could you imagine Penny taking part in 'The Contest'? anyone who seen that Epsidoe knows that I mean. 

I'm not familiar with that episode. I didn't like the show and didn't watch it often. Sorry.

Just now, Die Zimtzicke said:

Not always by any means. Just search for "actors who quit hit TV series" and see what comes up. Not all of it is contract disputes.

If any Actors quit it was at the end of a Contract and choose not to renew it not in the middle of it. If in the middle it was the NEtwork who fired them like charlie sheen and Suzanne Somers 

37 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

In the beginning I think Penny was very much a tomboy.

I think Penny's still very much a tomboy from time to time, i.e., building furniture when she first moved in, teaching the guys how to bait a hook, rooting for various sports teams, saying how she can pee in a bottle, etc. Heck, even Sheldon suggested that she could teach baby boy Wolowitz a thing or two if Howard could not. I know that's another character's perception, but still. Of course, some of her personality is probably a result of growing up on a farm in Nebraska and Wyatt treating "slugger" like one of the boys. Nothing wrong with that! I love Penny!

• Like 5
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

I am not sure Shamy is the cashcow. I agree Sheldon is. He is the biggest appeal to the mainstream audience in regards to Shamy. The whole show now is just a marketing tool. To promote Young Sheldon. Which is probably no surprises that Sheldon's screen time has sky rocketed this season. I have not liked most of his plots this season. Well heck I have not like most of his plots since Season 7 if I am being honest. I am not a fan of how needy and possesive he has become in regards to Amy. Alot of the writing of Sheldon is less sharp then it used to be. 

And I Don't think anyone here is suggesting anyone is leaving. NO one is. This is just pure hypothetical. It is just Amy and Bernadette are supporting characters. Easily disposable. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 4
  • Koala Face 1

1 minute ago, 3ku11 said:

I am not sure Shamy is the cashcow. I agree Sheldon is. He is the biggest appeal to the mainstream audience in regards to Shamy. 

And I Don't think anyone here is suggesting anyone is leaving. NO one is. This is just pure hypothetical. It is just Amy and Bernadette are supporting characters. Easily disposable. 

The show took a huge chance adding Amy and Bernadette when they did. The show was praised for that risk and those characters became a regular part of TBBT history going forward.  At this point, I think no one is disposable.

• Like 4
  • Koala Face 1

2 hours ago, spidergirl said:

I'm sorry - I was being sarcastic.

I certainly don't want the show to go back to the four guys, as much as I loved those episodes.  It would be sad to have men at the ages they are, now, to not have partners of some kind.

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, vonmar said:

The show took a huge chance adding Amy and Bernadette when they did. The show was praised for that risk and those characters became a regular part of TBBT history going forward.  At this point, I think no one is disposable.

Hmmm. I’d just qualify that to a degree. Readily disposable might be closer. I think you could have a stab at grading the characters on their relative essential-ness (or contrarily, disposability). This probably happens through the contract pricing mechanisms. The  more money, the more essential the input is adjudged. But I’d say they’ll ride this bus until the wheels fall off. As long as everyone is willing, why not keep going. Hypothetically the players could want to do other things. They have an horizon in sight now. 12 seasons is reasonable from here- not sure what more seasons would look like. I guess we’ll see. It’s been a lucrative gig, no can argue otherwise. 

And I think the risk of adding more players was very calculated. What was likely to happen if they hadn’t freshened the show. Hard to know, but it was clever to go broader with the appeal and grow the audience. Very smart and experienced people built this. It’s had exceptional legs.

• Like 1
  • Koala Face 1

12 hours ago, Capt. Hilts said:

His parents were terrific characters and that scenario could be mined for all kinds of things.

I agree with your statement , but only partially. Raj's parents were indeed great characters, but (to me) more so when they were together, and not now that they are divorced. That's because they played very well off of each other. While I like their characters individually, they are not, IMO, as strong as when they acted together.

9 hours ago, spidergirl said:

That would not be right imo if they did that to any of the actors.

At least it would not be etical. People can change their minds and it doesnt mean they must be punished for the rest of their careers.  Sorry but I had to say it...

And you're right. But so are the other people. You are right in saying that it would be wrong for the actors to get blacklisted, but believe me they would. The only part I don't agree completely with is when you say that people can change their mind. While indeed they can, and people often do, if you sign a contract, and a contract worth millions of dollars at that, you should most definitely honor your word. At any rate, I think that the likelihood of any of them walking away from their contracts  is very, very, very unlikely.

Edited by Carlos
Grammar
  • Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, vonmar said:

At minimum, Penny needed some female pals/foils/partners-in-crime.

• It's a Tiara 2

5 hours ago, April said:

There are a lot more factors going into the decision to renew a contract - and the priority is certainly not to make a show that caters to an arbitrary idea of "quality". It's all subjective anyway, they get good laughs on taping nights and still amazing ratings in a time when viewing numbers are down across the board. You can't please everyone anyway so why feel bad about this job that is apparently making a lot of people happy?

On top of that you not only get fame and fortune, but the latest round of contract renewals came with a bundle of options that allows them to develop their own projects. I think Kunal is the only one who doesn't have anything announced, yet. I guess it's just a question of time until the right idea strikes. Heck, even Kaley, who everyone thought would be done with acting and live out her days as a horse / dog enthusiast after TBBT's end, announced a project she'll produce and act in. So whatever creative needs the actors may have seems to be dealt with this way and with a little luck will help them with their careers in front and behind the camera after TBBT.

All of that doesn't even mention that TBBT's schedule is pretty relaxed compared to some other gruelling TV productions and on all accounts the atmosphere on set is professional and people are just plain nice and fun to work with. That alone would keep a lot of people in a job even if they don't like every aspect of it.

I think in Kaleys case, when they all signed their big million dollar contracts JP and JG had included production deals and Kaley received monetary compensation. Now under the new contracts I think Johnny influenced her to include a production deal as after TBBT is done the upkeep of her stables and horses costs alot of money and now she can pick and choose the projects she wants to do.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

If any Actors quit it was at the end of a Contract and choose not to renew it not in the middle of it. If in the middle it was the NEtwork who fired them like charlie sheen and Suzanne Somers 

There is a whole group of people who quit television shows and went on to have, if not successful careers, steady work.   David Caruso quit NYPD Blue, thinking he'd have a big movie career, he didn't, but he had a successful 9 year run on CSI:Miami.  McClean Stevenson quit MASH, he didn't have any problem working after that (Now, the series he was in weren't very successful, but that different from not being able to work).  Mandy Patankin quit Criminal Minds, and found another series in Homeland(not to mention his movie and broadway work).  I, personally know, and have worked with (in live theatre) someone who quit a TV series, and has gone on to be in 20 episodes of various other TV shows over the last three years.  Now, most of the time, the producers will sign off on someone quitting.  But even if they didn't have the producers OK, people have gone one to continue to work in the industry, after quitting.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tensor said:

There is a whole group of people who quit television shows and went on to have, if not successful careers, steady work.   David Caruso quit NYPD Blue, thinking he'd have a big movie career, he didn't, but he had a successful 9 year run on CSI:Miami.  McClean Stevenson quit MASH, he didn't have any problem working after that (Now, the series he was in weren't very successful, but that different from not being able to work).  Mandy Patankin quit Criminal Minds, and found another series in Homeland(not to mention his movie and broadway work).  I, personally know, and have worked with (in live theatre) someone who quit a TV series, and has gone on to be in 20 episodes of various other TV shows over the last three years.  Now, most of the time, the producers will sign off on someone quitting.  But even if they didn't have the producers OK, people have gone one to continue to work in the industry, after quitting.  

I never said anything in my posts about Actors not having TV Career after quitting. 

11 minutes ago, Tensor said:

I talking about if an Actor decides to quit in the middle of a Contract and just doesn't show up anymore which they been in breach of ontract.  Most of these Actors you mention left their shows at the end of their Contract deciding not to renew. That different. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Just curious, how many of these people broke their contracts as opposed to not signing new contracts.  There's a big difference.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

I never said anything in my posts about Actors not having TV Career after quitting. 

I beg to differ:

7 hours ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

Exactly! they would never get another Job in Holywood again 

15 minutes ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

I talking about if an Actor decides to quit in the middle of a Contract and just doesn't show up anymore which they been in breach of ontract.  Most of these Actors you mention left their shows at the end of their Contract deciding not to renew. That different. 

The three I specifically mentioned all left before the four year point, i.e. before the contract cycle kicks in.  

12 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Just curious, how many of these people broke their contracts as opposed to not signing new contracts.  There's a big difference.

Caruso quit, and was written out, four episodes into the second season.   He made several ridiculous demands, and said if he didn't get them, he would walk.  They didn't, he did, but it was settled after he left.  His behavior, on set, was reported to be toxic and the producers may have been happy to see him go.   I'm not quite sure what the difference between just quitting, or saying you aren't going to work, if they don't let you leave.  

5 minutes ago, Tensor said:

I beg to differ:

The three I specifically mentioned all left before the four year point, i.e. before the contract cycle kicks in.  

Caruso quit, and was written out, four episodes into the second season.   He made several ridiculous demands, and said if he didn't get them, he would walk.  They didn't, he did, but it was settled after he left.  His behavior, on set, was reported to be toxic and the producers may have been happy to see him go.   I'm not quite sure what the difference between just quitting, or saying you aren't going to work, if they don't let you leave.  

But none were in the middle of a current Contract like TBBT cast i. What I mean is if tomorrow One of the cast just doesn't show up for work and continue to miss work, calling up excuses then calls in one day and just says they not coming to work anymore and quite then they be in breach of their contract.  They delaying and canceling tapings and so on causing the show to lose money 

Just now, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

But none were in the middle of  a Contract like TBBT cast is 

All three I mentioned were in the period before the four year optional renegotiation/release point of the originating seven year contract.  They were, in fact,  in the middle of a contract.  

Just now, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

But none were in the middle of  a Contract like TBBT cast is 

I think people are misconstruing my suggestion that the cast could walk away. Of course they can at anytime. The consequences vary depending on circumstances and contracts. But they are not indentured. If they want to go badly enough they can go. Despite what anyone else wants. These folks seem reasonably comfortable, but they have already made bank. I’d say end it at season 12. Make room for new players. Still, the market will decide.

• Like 2

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic