[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know a lot of people here know of my medical problems.   For those who don't, I have trouble, at times, walking any kind of distance, say a block or two, without the aid of a cane.  Around the house

Hello guys,   I am so sorry, I promised a taping report but it was a crazy week and I didn't have time to write one. Here is what happened(I don't know if you already get any other repo

Hey guys! I’m sure somebody will give you a full TR so just wanted to share my overall impressions and BTS I thought the episode was just perfect and for those of you who don’t like Shamy - I fel

Posted Images

Just now, 3ku11 said:

IT is not a regime lol. IF the actors wanted to leave the show. They can. But they won't $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

They could if don't mind getting sued for being in breach of contract. None of them will anyway because of this season almost half over and Season 12 is the last. They have stuck it out this far why quit now? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

What I mean is if tomorrow One of the cast just doesn't show up for work and continue to miss work, calling up excuses then calls in one day and just says they not coming to work anymore and quite then they be in breach of their contract.  They delaying and canceling tapings and so on causing the show to lose money 

Probably what happened to Suzanne Somers.  She made demands, and when they weren't met, didn't show up for two episodes.  If she continued to not show up, she effectively quit.   If someone does't show up, and then gets fired and sued for breach of contract.  They still quit.   And if someone doesn't show up, and they write around the absence, they aren't delaying tapings.  

1 minute ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

They could if don't mind getting sued for being in breach of contract. None of them will anyway because of this season almost half over and Season 12 is the last. They have stuck it out this far why quit now? 

That's a better question than saying they can't quit.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Capt. Hilts said:

I'm sorry - I was being sarcastic.

I certainly don't want the show to go back to the four guys, as much as I loved those episodes.  It would be sad to have men at the ages they are, now, to not have partners of some kind.

Don't be, I was being sarcastic too. And thanks but I dont need help to recognize Sarcasm. What I needed help for  was understanding why suporting characters are often hinted to be dismissed when they had built their solid path on the show. Maybe it is a thing about supporting roles. For me it doesnt make sense when the characters are really involved to the story and bonded to other characters. But it is just my opinion, course.

2 hours ago, Carlos said:

And you're right. But so are the other people. You are right in saying that it would be wrong for the actors to get blacklisted, but believe me they would. The only part I don't agree completely is when you say that people can change their mind. While indeed they can, and people often do, if you sign a contract, and a contract for millions and millions, you should honor your word. At any rate, I think that the likelihood of any of them walking away before their contracts are up is very, very, very unlikely.

It was not my intention to say to not  honor a contract. I only meant there are situations that  could be exception to the rule and that s why there are clausules to the most of contracts ,which doesnt mean the person who broke the contract did it because was an irresponsible worker or/and a person who doesnt honor their word.

Surely it is very unlikely to happen with tbbt cast. I just dont like the feeling of someone be punished like forever for something that went wrong. But dont mind me, it is just an opinion from a simple viewer.

Edited by spidergirl

21 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Probably what happened to Suzanne Somers.  She made demands, and when they weren't met, didn't show up for two episodes.  If she continued to not show up, she effectively quit.   If someone does't show up, and then gets fired and sued for breach of contract.  They still quit.  

Well, Suanne Somers was different. She didn't just decide one day that she quit and wasn't coming to work anymore. 

It first started with outrageous demands, then when she didn't start getting her way she started to not show up to work in protest (some ways she was brainwashed by her husband) Than after she made up an excuse for why she wouldn't be at a taping and lied that her son had a Sport Game they deleted taping a day later and she didn't show up again. She makes up a story about breaking her Rib.On taping night for one episode Suzanne failed to show up so they had to give all her lines to Ralph. 

After that, they regulated her screen time and started doing her 1 or 2 minutes scenes over the phone on a separate set before her Co-Workers got to work because they couldn't be in the same room as her. 

Then after that, she started going on talk shows and complaining about her Job and threatening Lawsuits and thrashing her Bosses and Co-Stars. she then started making up stories or false statements about John and Joyce (including that they allegedly intentionally drop her on the ground.) 

Then she signed a deal with another Network. that when ABC had enough and let her go.  They sued her for breaching her contract.  The show and people who work on the show were losing money because of her antics. She was putting the show in jeopardy  

She actually had the gull to sue them for ruining her carer and for damaging her creditably. It was all on herself. 

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, spidergirl said:

I know it is a business but it doesnt mean that is a fair action imo. But I am a simple viewer, whose opinion  doesnt have any impact though.

I am 100% positive your heart is in the right place, but if you think about it, it also wouldn't be fair for any of them not to fulfill their contracts, would it?

7 hours ago, Capt. Hilts said:

And kill cashcow "Shamy?"

Funny!

Well, not all of us watch for Shamy, you know?

That being said I also don't think you can eliminate Amy and Bernadette from the show without it suffering significantly. Bernadette maybe not seen for some episodes, but I'm sure the character will be alluded to, and as soon as Melissa is able (and willing) to come back , she will.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mario D. said:

I think in Kaleys case, when they all signed their big million dollar contracts JP and JG had included production deals and Kaley received monetary compensation. Now under the new contracts I think Johnny influenced her to include a production deal as after TBBT is done the upkeep of her stables and horses costs alot of money and now she can pick and choose the projects she wants to do.

I know. The earlier deal made people believe she had no interest in acting after TBBT but obviously bills don't pay for themselves so no, it doesn't matter that they made bank. Money (especially easy money like this) is still a good motivator to keep things as they are for a little while longer and now with the addition of a production deal they can work on their post TBBT careers which is a smart move for anyone who's played a certain role for a long time.

And that isn't to say they just do it for the money cause of course the whole idea about how much the actors like or don't like the current stories of the show is only based on speculation and are often tainted by personal biases. And just like the idea of "Kaley will quit acting forever!" there might not be much to it in the end.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Carlos said:

I am 100% positive your heart is in the right place, but if you think about it, it also wouldn't be fair for any of them not to fulfill their contracts, would it?

Thanks for your words about my heart's place. It was  very kind from you.

Regards your question, of course it would not be fair. However sometimes there migth happen situations that could lead to an unbroken contract. Some users spoken about a few examples that at start would  be very unlikely  to happen. Which as I said before, I dont believe they will happen with show cast though.

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

I never said anything in my posts about Actors not having TV Career after quitting. 

I talking about if an Actor decides to quit in the middle of a Contract and just doesn't show up anymore which they been in breach of ontract.  Most of these Actors you mention left their shows at the end of their Contract deciding not to renew. That different. 

Contract-breaking in any area of work can be bad for a reputation. There has to be an exceptionally good and publicly-approved reason or nobody will want to risk doing business with you in future. If you're an employee you may find it close to impossible to get work ever after.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, April said:

I know. The earlier deal made people believe she had no interest in acting after TBBT but obviously bills don't pay for themselves so no, it doesn't matter that they made bank. Money (especially easy money like this) is still a good motivator to keep things as they are for a little while longer and now with the addition of a production deal they can work on their post TBBT careers which is a smart move for anyone who's played a certain role for a long time.

I'm no expert, but I guess a production deal can be much more convenient and rewarding than a set monetary compensation, especially if you plan to remain in the business in some form. It allows you to develop ideas you believe in with the support of of a huge company like WB and with the concrete hope a huge network, CBS, will air them, if they are TV projects.   If those project go well, apart from the obvious earnings, your (relatively small, at the moment) production company will gain credibility, and hence new projects for the future, when it will not have WB/CBS behind it anymore. Jim, Johnny and, at a lesser extent, Simon set an example about that and  I guess that all the other actors realized that following their path was not the worst idea ever.

8 hours ago, April said:

And that isn't to say they just do it for the money cause of course the whole idea about how much the actors like or don't like the current stories of the show is only based on speculation and are often tainted by personal biases. And just like the idea of "Kaley will quit acting forever!" there might not be much to it in the end.

Yes, the only certain thing is that, for whatever reason, all seven actors signed for another two years. Maybe (or maybe not) they are not happy and excited to play their role as they were in S. 2, but if the situation was unbearable, or if they didn't find it was convenient for their careers to continue with the show, they wouldn't have signed, as simple as that.  They all had the chance of quitting, and without any legal problem involved, and they didn't.

• Like 6

We need some spoilers to discuss. Contracts and viewing figures are all very well but it would be nice to have some storylines to talk about.  If I remember rightly, we're almost totally in the dark about episodes 7, 8 and 9. Sheldon is going to be collaborating with Bert and with Colonel Williams. That's about it. For all we know, Shamy have moved house to something bigger; Howard and Amy have won a big award for their robot limbs project; the military have stumped up the money they owe for the patent of the infinite persistence giro gadget ; Penny has had an idea for a new medicine which the firm is going to get Ruchi and Bernadette to research, and Sheldon has bought a car. We do not need to speculate about Raj.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

We need some spoilers to discuss. Contracts and viewing figures are all very well but it would be nice to have some storylines to talk about.  If I remember rightly, we're almost totally in the dark about episodes 7, 8 and 9. Sheldon is going to be collaborating with Bert and with Colonel Williams. That's about it. For all we know, Shamy have moved house to something bigger; Howard and Amy have won a big award for their robot limbs project; the military have stumped up the money they owe for the patent of the infinite persistence giro gadget ; Penny has had an idea for a new medicine which the firm is going to get Ruchi and Bernadette to research, and Sheldon has bought a car. We do not need to speculate about Raj.

Well, there's no taping this week, so I don't see any "fresh" subject of conversation up to next thursday, when the new episode airs. Hopefully, it will bring us new material to discuss but, if I remember correctly, Raj will start dating Ruchi in this week episode so...I assume we will talk about him until next taping, LOL!

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

People are entilted to discuss any character they want. It is a discussion forum right. Don't see the issue. 

Absolutely !  There's no issue. We can all guess what Raj's storyline will be, so speculation isn't likely to be necessary. However, we can talk about him if we want to. Bernadette once said he was a cutie-pie and so he seemed. Now he's just what the boys called an ass but we didn't hear it. We know he's going to get himself into a stew over a possible relationship.  The others' storylines are somewhat less predictable. We know the characters, but can't always guess their next move. Who'd have thought Leonard would have been the one to make a mess of a radio broadcast ? 

• Like 4

Not much to talk about at the moment so no wonder we get into a discussion about Raj, could the show survive without him or not, people speculating about how happy the actors really are etc. I am sure we will get all this speculation again next season when the powers that be offers them ridiculous levels of money to keep it going LOL

Lack of spoilers out there (which is always a possibility, no guarantee we will learn anything) plus a lot of the stories we have seen so far haven't exactly been that new, fresh or even that entertaining have stifled discussion to a degree this season (all IMO of course).

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 1
  • Koala Face 1

8 hours ago, spidergirl said:

Don't be, I was being sarcastic too. And thanks but I dont need help to recognize Sarcasm. What I needed help for  was understanding why suporting characters are often hinted to be dismissed when they had built their solid path on the show. Maybe it is a thing about supporting roles. For me it doesnt make sense when the characters are really involved to the story and bonded to other characters. But it is just my opinion, course.

Again, not meant as an insult, but a reference to the fact that I might not have written clearly for folks for whom English is not their native language.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Capt. Hilts said:

Again, not meant as an insult, but a reference to the fact that I might not have written clearly for folks for whom English is not their native language.  

I apreciated that but Sarcasm has nothing to do with English but with the way you can understand the message between the lines meaning. For me at least. And no worries, I did not feel insulted. :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

I talking about if an Actor decides to quit in the middle of a Contract and just doesn't show up anymore which they been in breach of ontract.  Most of these Actors you mention left their shows at the end of their Contract deciding not to renew. That different. 

No, the examples given previously  did not. Caruso, for one, left after only one season. I will grant you though that they just don't stop going to work. They tell someone they want out. Mandy Patinkin left Criminal Minds st the beginning of third season and soon after admitted in an interview that he had become tired of the gruesome nature of the show and called being on the show his biggest public mistake.

Misha Barton left the OC after the third season because it interfered with her constant partying. She wound up in rehab. HBO offered T.J. Miller a reduced role on Silicon Valley when he wanted out but he didn't take it. Nicole Beharie had wanted off Sleepy Hollow for awhile, even before season three began, and they let her go. That one wound up killing the show.

Edited by Die Zimtzicke

7 hours ago, spidergirl said:

Thanks for your words about my heart's place. It was  very kind from you.

Since I disagreed with you, I think I needed to say it. Let me expand on it: I don't always agree with what you say, but I know for a fact that none of your posts come from a mean place. You are always respectful of other people's ideas even when they don't agree with your own, and it always is, at least for me, a pleasure to discuss things with you (amongst other people as well) because you never make me (or anybody else) feel belittled.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, mirs1 said:

Well, there's no taping this week, so I don't see any "fresh" subject of conversation up to next thursday, when the new episode airs. Hopefully, it will bring us new material to discuss but, if I remember correctly, Raj will start dating Ruchi in this week episode so...I assume we will talk about him until next taping, LOL!

I am a little bit confused in regards to the Raj/Ruchi thing. I've seen spoilers (advances) of upcoming episodes , and seen her in some of the episodes already aired, but I'm not certain of where they're at. Some people here in the forum talk about them as if they are already boyfriend/girlfriend. As far as I know Ruchi mentioned she was not interested in dating when Raj and Stuart were fighting for her attention. Has anything else happened between them after that?

TBH, Raj's relationships, or lack thereof, and furthermore all of his story arc is pretty astonishing, and not in a good way. First he can't talk to women, and then he can, he goes out with Lucy and TPTB don't know what to do with her. then he goes out with Emily, TPTB bump Laura Spencer to a regular cast member and then don't know what to do with her. Then in comes Claire ( I believe that was her name) and Raj becomes not only a two timing bastard, but a player, which is OOC and not very believable. Then as if his douche-ness hadn't been accentuated enough he dumps Emily on Valentine's day and all of a sudden Emily becomes super needy (also totally OOC) . After all of that happens as time goes by he becomes the sad-sack-I'm alone-poor me guy again.

TBH it is amazing what they have done to the character. I know, I know, nobody really cares too much because it's Raj, he's a total douche, doesn't treat women right, and is a very questionable friend at times, but anyway, I think more care should have been devoted to his story.

Note: I'm well aware that my Raj timeline might not be totally accurate, and I know it's incomplete. I was just writing examples as I remembered them , off the top of my head.

• Like 8
  • It's a Tiara 1

14 minutes ago, Carlos said:

I am a little bit confused in regards to the Raj/Ruchi thing. I've seen spoilers (advances) of upcoming episodes , and seen her in some of the episodes already aired, but I'm not certain of where they're at. Some people here in the forum talk about them as if they are already boyfriend/girlfriend. As far as I know Ruchi mentioned she was not interested in dating when Raj and Stuart were fighting for her attention. Has anything else happened between them after that?

I'm going with the little snippets we got so far, I could be way off marks, obviously, just trying to fill the dots. The spoilers, press release and sneak peeks from 11.7 say Raj starts to date Ruchi, but they are taking things "casual" (which, being him Raj, means he is already planning their wedding, LOL!), and Penny and Bernie are helping him, giving some suggestions as to how deal with her. The spoilers say he does "well", so I assume they are a couple (not sure how committed, at this point) in 11.8. Ruchi should be in this episode too, with Bernie asking Raj to spy on her, because she thinks Ruchi might steal her work while she is on bed rest. The plot is pretty confusing, TBH, why Bernie should ask Raj to jeopardize whatever relationship is developing between him and Ruchi? And would Raj accept to do that? In any case, up to 11.8 for sure the two of them are somehow dating.

14 minutes ago, Carlos said:

TBH, Raj's relationships, or lack thereof, and furthermore all of his story arc is pretty astonishing, and not in a good way. First he can't talk to women, and then he can, he goes out with Lucy and TPTB don't know what to do with her. then he goes out with Emily, TPTB bump Laura Spencer to a regular cast member and then don't know what to do with her. Then in comes Claire ( I believe that was her name) and Raj becomes not only a two timing bastard, but a player, which is OOC and not very believable. Then as if his douche-ness hadn't been accentuated enough he dumps Emily on Valentine's day and all of a sudden Emily becomes super needy (also totally OOC) . After all of that happens as time goes by he becomes the sad-sack-I'm alone-poor me guy again.

TBH it is amazing what they have done to the character. I know, I know, nobody really cares too much because it's Raj, he's a total douche, doesn't treat women right, and is a very questionable friend at times, but anyway, I think more care should have been devoted to his story.

Note: I'm well aware that my Raj timeline might not be totally accurate, and I know it's incomplete. I was just writing examples as I remembered them , off the top of my head.

Perfectly agree with you, Raj and women has always been a terrible combination. But for Lucy, who had just the narrative purpose of traumatizing him in a way that he started speaking to women again, no other relationship of his had a cogent plot, it just made more and more evident that maybe it was not the worst idea for him not to speak with girls at all...I'm not holding my breath that this time is going to be different, TBH, let's see...

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 4
  • It's a Tiara 1

It's going to be interesting to see if Bernie is being paranoid or there might be some truth to it i.e. Ruchi's after her job, from the spoilers we know it wasn't clear what the truth was. Both situations obviously put Raj in some trouble, if he spies on her and gets caught (and it's clear she isn't after Bernie's job) it could jeopardize his relationship with her and obviously if she indeed after Bernie's job or role then that will bring all sorts of problems and Raj might have to pick a side.

I think if it's the latter then Raj has to make the obvious decision, but this is Raj we are talking about and he may have fallen for her hard.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 2
  • It's a Tiara 1

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 9:25 AM, bfm said:

My "Quote" ability is a bit messed up presently.  Sorry @bfm.  Not sure why I have you quoted here.......Great points @Carlos and @mirs1 .  They have been so all over the map with Raj over the years.  I don't know what the deal with Laura Spencer was.  She seemed to fit in quite nicely and proved a great foil for Sheldon. It would have been nice to see that develop further and I for one really enjoyed her.......

The whole thing about Raj being a "player" comes off heavy handed, as does his occasionally hitting on both Bernadette and Penny, even after they both are married to his good friends.  That he often speaks about ending up with Bernadette after Howard's untimely demise is beyond creepy and the antithesis of a good friend....

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • It's a Tiara 1

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic