In Memoriam: Mike (walnutcowboy) has passed away

[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

Tensor

1 hour ago, Carlos said:

Since I disagreed with you, I think I needed to say it. Let me expand on it: I don't always agree with what you say, but I know for a fact that none of your posts come from a mean place. You are always respectful of other people's ideas even when they don't agree with your own, and it always is, at least for me, a pleasure to discuss things with you (amongst other people as well) because you never make me (or anybody else) feel belittled.

It is always a pleasure  to discuss things with you as well. We dont always agree with each of us say indeed but I feel always our chats go to somewhere, even it is going to the "agree to disagree" option most of time. I am not perfect as nobody is and sometimes I may not express in my best way for language issues. Feeling at least people get my intentions make me really happy. Thanks! :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

No, the examples given previously  did not. Caruso, for one, left after only one season. I will grant you though that they just don't stop going to work. They tell someone they want out. Mandy Patinkin left Criminal Minds st the beginning of third season and soon after admitted in an interview that he had become tired of the gruesome nature of the show and called being on the show his biggest public mistake.

Misha Barton left the OC after the third season because it interfered with her constant partying. She wound up in rehab. HBO offered T.J. Miller a reduced role on Silicon Valley when he wanted out but he didn't take it. Nicole Beharie had wanted off Sleepy Hollow for awhile, even before season three began, and they let her go. That one wound up killing the show.

Not the same not what I talking about. 

21 hours ago, spidergirl said:

I know it is a business but it doesnt mean that is a fair action imo. But I am a simple viewer, whose opinion  doesnt have any impact though.

Fair is a concept that likely receives very little consideration when many millions of dollars are in the mix. It would be nice if that were not the case, but...

Edited by HeWolf
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Carlos said:

I am a little bit confused in regards to the Raj/Ruchi thing. I've seen spoilers (advances) of upcoming episodes , and seen her in some of the episodes already aired, but I'm not certain of where they're at. Some people here in the forum talk about them as if they are already boyfriend/girlfriend. As far as I know Ruchi mentioned she was not interested in dating when Raj and Stuart were fighting for her attention. Has anything else happened between them after that?

TBH, Raj's relationships, or lack thereof, and furthermore all of his story arc is pretty astonishing, and not in a good way. First he can't talk to women, and then he can, he goes out with Lucy and TPTB don't know what to do with her. then he goes out with Emily, TPTB bump Laura Spencer to a regular cast member and then don't know what to do with her. Then in comes Claire ( I believe that was her name) and Raj becomes not only a two timing bastard, but a player, which is OOC and not very believable. Then as if his douche-ness hadn't been accentuated enough he dumps Emily on Valentine's day and all of a sudden Emily becomes super needy (also totally OOC) . After all of that happens as time goes by he becomes the sad-sack-I'm alone-poor me guy again.

TBH it is amazing what they have done to the character. I know, I know, nobody really cares too much because it's Raj, he's a total douche, doesn't treat women right, and is a very questionable friend at times, but anyway, I think more care should have been devoted to his story.

Note: I'm well aware that my Raj timeline might not be totally accurate, and I know it's incomplete. I was just writing examples as I remembered them , off the top of my head.

You make some valid points about Raj. I agree that he is a total asshat with women and really has no idea how to interact with them.  Emily was a good relationship for him as she was educated and fit in well with the group but Raj screwed this up by being his egotistical jerk persona thinking that every woman he meets is in love with him and vice versa. Two examples come to mind: one when Penny set him up (actually twice) with her friends, deaf Emily and a girl from work.  He thought he was in love with Emily and showered her with gifts and that did not end well. The other girl from Pennys work he just shows what a real ass he is by asking her if she had a boyfriend and then saying I don't believe you when she said that she did not  What is wrong with him!!  But another thing that bothers me and also many others was when he had the "naked night" with Penny he asked her not to say anything about early ejaculation for fear of embarrassment but yet he had no qualms bragging to everyone how he bedded Penny and that she was on his past lovers list!

• Like 3
  • It's a Tiara 1

Maybe taking it casual will be good for Raj. He can be a good friend to the women of thr group (can be, he has been a jerk to them too) and can be nice and even kinda cute when starting to date (e.g., the library date with Lucy, first date with Emily). The bigger problems come when he is in a relationship. Then he starts being an ass...

• Like 1
  • It's a Tiara 1

23 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

This is one of the most curious things about Raj and perhaps his least likable moment.  When you think about it he has much, much to lose (unless he has already lost it) in that Penny at any time can "out" him as being "quick on the draw".  I can remember that she shut him down once using that threat. Every so often he "goes there" and I am just waiting for Mrs. Hofstadter to unload her knowledge......

I'm pretty certain everybody knows by now.

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, April said:

I'm pretty certain everybody knows by now.

I think they only know what Penny has told them: "that they didn't sleep together only got drunk and fooled around"  Since this explanation has never been shown on screen it leads to much speculation. I have always felt that now that they are married she should have told Leonard the whole story about that night.  But only if the subject comes up and not to rehash past sensitive experiences.

• Like 1

Raj has told everyone he has bed Penny. Yet Penny told Raj nothing happened. And Raj knows this. Seeing he was more lupid then Penny. This is passe, and a discussion i don't want ever to be brought back up. But as for everybody knows by now, I don't think so. 

As for telling Leonard, now they are married. Yeah that would be a joyful conversation. Hey Honey remember that night I bed your BF. OH Raj has been lying all this time, we never actually had sex. Hey The Kardashians are on.

Just now, Mario D. said:

I think they only know what Penny has told them: "that they didn't sleep together only got drunk and fooled around"  Since this explanation has never been shown on screen it leads to much speculation. I have always felt that now that they are married she should have told Leonard the whole story about that night.  But only if the subject comes up and not to rehash past sensitive experiences.

Well, this wouldn't be the DT if we weren't going another round of this Penny/Raj discussion. LOL

I seriously don't think the characters within the gang care about this old chestnut. "Everyone knows" as Penny said. The only reason it came up again was cause Emily was new and didn't know the story - and even that was 3 years ago. But there's no huge secret Penny could wield as a weapon against Raj here. Nobody is thinking Raj is super amazing in bed or whatever.

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, Tensor said:

His partners, when shown on screen after the event, seem to have been more than happy with him.  

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's terrible. If his partners are satisfied then that's all that matters so job well done!

But I was thinking more along the lines of anyone -especially from the gang- actually swooning over Raj being a sex god or whatever. He doesn't have an actual reputation like that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bfm said:

Maybe taking it casual will be good for Raj. He can be a good friend to the women of thr group (can be, he has been a jerk to them too) and can be nice and even kinda cute when starting to date (e.g., the library date with Lucy, first date with Emily). The bigger problems come when he is in a relationship. Then he starts being an ass...

I think the real problem is that he is an ass all around. As Mario was mentioning he told Penny not to mention anything about his premature ejaculation, but then was bragging about having had sex with her to anybody who would listen to him. When Penny went out with him when he was the "under 30 to watch" or something to that effect, none of his friends would go with him because he was being a jerk to them. Howard is supposed to be his best friend, but he wanted Bernadette to dump him (when he proposed) to he could move in on her. Please don't get me started what he did to Leonard and Penny when they hooked up because I could write a post a page long in regards to all the things I see wrong with that. I think that in the beginning of the relationships he's usually on his best behavior, but afterwards he shows his true colors

• Like 6
  • Koala Face 1

4 hours ago, Carlos said:

I think the real problem is that he is an ass all around. As Mario was mentioning he told Penny not to mention anything about his premature ejaculation, but then was bragging about having had sex with her to anybody who would listen to him. When Penny went out with him when he was the "under 30 to watch" or something to that effect, none of his friends would go with him because he was being a jerk to them. Howard is supposed to be his best friend, but he wanted Bernadette to dump him (when he proposed) to he could move in on her. Please don't get me started what he did to Leonard and Penny when they hooked up because I could write a post a page long in regards to all the things I see wrong with that. I think that in the beginning of the relationships he's usually on his best behavior, but afterwards he shows his true colors

You are right, as I wrote with friends and when dating he can be better. He has been a jerk to his friends several times, just not all the time. When he is in a relationship it seems like his jerk side is most of what he shows, barely any nice side...

• Like 4

From Entertainment Tonight  <video in the link>

Kaley Cuoco Says Penny and Leonard Might Be Getting the Baby 'Itch' on 'The Big Bang Theory!'

Baby fever could be spreading on The Big Bang Theory!

ET’s Deidre Behar caught up with lead actress Kaley Cuoco at Sunday’s Stand Up for Pits benefit in Hollywood, California, where the 31-year-old star dished on whether Bernadette’s second pregnancy may encourage her character, Penny, to start a family with husband Leonard on the CBS sitcom.

<full article in the link>

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Baby fever could be spreading on The Big Bang Theory!

o_0486.gif.69633cae6d4b830a3141e7712a3befd1.gif

“But I think they're right where they need to be and I don't think we need another baby on set,” added the actress.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, veejay said:

o_0486.gif.69633cae6d4b830a3141e7712a3befd1.gif

“But I think they're right where they need to be and I don't think we need another baby on set,” added the actress.

"I don't think we need another baby on set,", She is very adamant about that isin't she :taunt:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

When is Melissa last taping before she goes on Maternity Leave?

She had to be very close now.

I do wonse how they woll handle Bernadette Absent? especially Bernadette also giving birth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm curious to see whether Melissa is at next week taping, IMO it could be the beginning of her maternity leave, which, probably, won't mean Bernie is not in the episode (or in the ones following). Holland in some interviews said they were arranging for her funny ways to be there, I guess thanks to pre-taped scenes or audio. There was evidence they were pre-taping something very recently, since some pics from the Halloween taping showed a set (4B decorated Penny's style) which apparently didn't feature in the episode taped. As for Bernie giving birth, the writers have already post-dated her pregnancy with respect to Melissa's (Bernie was going to her 16 weeks check up last episode) and are planning the delivery later in the season,  possibly March (Holland's words).  I think that, when Melissa will be back to work, she will wear a fake baby bump for a a while, Bernie will be released from her bed rest so she can be more involved in the episodes and then they'll have her giving birth.

1 minute ago, 3ku11 said:

"I don't think we need another baby on set,", She is very adamant about that isin't she :taunt:

Well, she doesn't write the show, does she? LOL! Just kidding!!!

• Like 2

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic