[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

Tensor

1 hour ago, veejay said:

o_0486.gif.69633cae6d4b830a3141e7712a3befd1.gif

“But I think they're right where they need to be and I don't think we need another baby on set,” added the actress.

So they can have a long arc of mayby a baby without actually having one.

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

I don't think so Howardette have a baby. Surley Lenny who are the centre piece couple of the show well get one. Although your right we will probably never see the baby. We never see Hailey. Were sure to see a story arch. And possibly Penny giving birth. 

• Like 2

How can they have another baby on the set when they dont actually HAVE a baby on the set now????

18 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

giphy(24).gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

It could happen something like pregnancy tests that were false positive for Penny. They could work on a mini arc plot about that before Penny get pregnant for real. As the show has a historic about some subjects that were pending for several episodes before they get resolution, Penny might get pregnant in s11 finale and until then , there could be explored the sweet and funny side of lenny getting ready for taking the step to build a family together. Only speculation ftom my side but it could be nice if it happened though.

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

Maybe a couple of pregnancy test that were false positive  ? They could work on a mini arc plot about that before Penny get pregnant for real. As the show has a historic about some subjects that were pending for several episodes before they get resolution, Penny might get pregnant in s11 finale and until then , there could be explored the sweet and funny side of lenny getting ready for taking the step to build a family together. Only speculation ftom my side but it could be nice though.

Nice would be nice, though they already have told a pregnancy story once, then twice. Is the third time the charm? How do they make it interesting when they have already run down that track a couple of times already. I guess they could have explored a season of Sheldon’s insecurity at being replaced as the Leonard & Pennys’ tyrannical baby. But he has already taken himself out of that role by moving in with Amy. So, I’m going to say if they do travel down the beautiful baby route I can only hope they do a fair dinkum job and give Leonard & Penny a funny, original and substantial story. So I think I agree with you. No idea how they can do it...

• Like 2
  • It's a Tiara 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, Nogravitasatall said:

Nice would be nice, though they already have told a pregnancy story once, then twice. Is the third time the charm? How do they make it interesting when they have already run down that track a couple of times already. I guess they could have explored a season of Sheldon’s insecurity at being replaced as the Leonard & Pennys’ tyrannical baby. But he has already taken himself out of that role by moving in with Amy. So, I’m going to say if they do travel down the beautiful baby route I can only hope they do a fair dinkum job and give Leonard & Penny a funny, original and substantial story. So I think I agree with you. No idea how they can do it...

The writers could be orientate on Sheldon's opinion. I have learned over time (as a Lenny lover) to interpret a TV show off-screen. :shy:

misc_0464.gif.988ece713395e281665c0ef2e4bc8658.gif

• Like 1
  • It's a Tiara 1

1 hour ago, veejay said:

The writers could be orientate on Sheldon's opinion. I have learned over time (as a Lenny lover) to interpret a TV show off-screen. :shy:

misc_0464.gif.988ece713395e281665c0ef2e4bc8658.gif

Secret weapon :icon_cheesygrin:

giphy.gif

Edited by JE7
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Leonard Cupid 2

None of the actors have any real/major say over storylines (not even Jim). The decision to how to deal with Melissa's pregnancy on the show perhaps was a rare time that they consulted the actor, but maybe they were leaning towards the idea of a second child for Howardette anyway?

If they want/decide to have Penny become pregnant then it will happen and Kaley will have no say over it.

More invisible kids on the show? Oh joy.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 2
  • Koala Face 1

As I've said before: I think with a Lenny baby there's enough room to actually avoid another invisible baby scenario. Assuming S12 will be the last we can get through most of it with Penny being pregnant and not giving birth until one of the last episodes thus keeping any actual baby time to a minimum.

No idea what they'll do with Haley or her brother though - will the keep her hidden and show him? or will they reveal her and hide him? or keep them both hidden? Who knows.

Either way though I don't think the baby apocalypse is upon us any time soon.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • It's a Tiara 1

3 hours ago, JE7 said:

How can they have another baby on the set when they dont actually HAVE a baby on the set now????

giphy(24).gif

Maybe she knows something we don't know... Are they  making auditions to cast Halley and baby Wolowitz n. 2? LOL!!!

• Like 4

Perhaps they'll do what they did with Raj's future children he imagined having with Claire, and the ones they showed us at the Caltech workplace nursery. An occasional glimpse for a few minutes each season would bring a touch of reality. They don't have to be appearing in person every week. We can't have all these couples with only one of them having children. A stack of tapes of children could be made off-the-set to insert now and again. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, vonmar said:

Baby fever could be spreading on The Big Bang Theory!

In spite of this comment from Kaley as has been pointed out several times? I really agree this article is not titled well.
“But I think they're right where they need to be and I don't think we need another baby on set,” added the actress.
That's cheerful, isn't it?

Edited by Die Zimtzicke
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Perhaps they'll do what they did with Raj's future children he imagined having with Claire, and the ones they showed us at the Caltech workplace nursery. An occasional glimpse for a few minutes each season would bring a touch of reality. They don't have to be appearing in person every week. We can't have all these couples with only one of them having children. A stack of tapes of children could be made off-the-set to insert now and again. 

Oh!  And have different children every time. "Berndadette, I thought Hallie had blonde hair"!!!!

Edited by hokie3457
add punctuation
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Nogravitasatall said:

As things stand right now, I'm quite OK with TPTB showing that Lenny are perfectly capable of being responsible parents, as Penny showed with Halley. TBH, the more astute observer already knew that, because Lenny have been dealing with a 6'1" baby since...well...since they were Lenny, more or less. The biggest problem I see with Lenny having a baby even if (and it is a big even if) it is done and executed flawlessly, is that the DNA of the show would be completely altered. IF we have Halley, Howardette's second offspring, and then Lenny's smart and beautiful babies the show would no longer be The Big Bang Theory, but The Big Bang Nursery :icon_cheesygrin:

4 hours ago, veejay said:

I suppose. :shy:

o_0094.gif.776bbdff4068d2d9656cd7c9f7578c95.gif

Kaley's expression's are just priceless...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, HeWolf said:

I agree with her 100%. The number of children currently on the set, (zero), is perfect. If I want to see children; I'll watch 'Young Sheldon'. 

One of the things that appealed to me when TBBT was first announced is that it was not going to be another family centered, relationship driven Rom-Com. There were. and are, enough of those airing at any given moment and I choose to watch none of them. Obviously, they appeal to some people or they wouldn't be on TV. I am just not one of those people. For my tastes, TBBT has changed more than enough from it's beginnings and I would prefer that they not go the extra step of actually adding children to the show. Especially since:

TBBT already has a hybrid baby-toddler-adolescent, (Sheldon), filling the need for any juvenile related plots or stories. If he's not enough, then Howard is always ready to step in and act like a child. There simply isn't a need for any real children when these two have the bases covered.

End of rant. Now: "Get off my lawn!" :nono:

Ha!  Love your sign off!!!! 

I think the addition of Amy and Bernadette (which sort of turned TBBT toward a "Rom-Com") was an integral broadening of the story lines.  I really don't think it could have lasted much longer than a 5th season with things the way they were.  Sure, we had the push and pull of the Leonard/Penny romance with them drawn to each other, but needing to work through feelings and suppression of feelings.  With that we need to ask if it would be realistic for all of the nerds to continue on in 4A playing Halo and D&D and attending Comi-Con.  I think that would get old for a large segment of the audience quickly.....

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

I think the addition of Amy and Bernadette (which sort of turned TBBT toward a "Rom-Com") was an integral broadening of the story lines.  I really don't think it could have lasted much longer than a 5th season with things the way they were.  Sure, we had the push and pull of the Leonard/Penny romance with them drawn to each other, but needing to work through feelings and suppression of feelings.  With that we need to ask if it would be realistic for all of the nerds to continue on in 4A playing Halo and D&D and attending Comi-Con.  I think that would get old for a large segment of the audience quickly.....

That's exactly right.

• Like 3
  • Koala Face 1

1 hour ago, HeWolf said:

I agree with her 100%. The number of children currently on the set, (zero), is perfect. If I want to see children; I'll watch 'Young Sheldon'. 

One of the things that appealed to me when TBBT was first announced is that it was not going to be another family centered, relationship driven Rom-Com. There were. and are, enough of those airing at any given moment and I choose to watch none of them. Obviously, they appeal to some people or they wouldn't be on TV. I am just not one of those people. For my tastes, TBBT has changed more than enough from it's beginnings and I would prefer that they not go the extra step of actually adding children to the show. Especially since:

TBBT already has a hybrid baby-toddler-adolescent, (Sheldon), filling the need for any juvenile related plots or stories. If he's not enough, then Howard is always ready to step in and act like a child. There simply isn't a need for any real children when these two have the bases covered.

End of rant. Now: "Get off my lawn!" :nono:

On 25.10.2017 at 6:06 PM, veejay said:

We should thinking of starting a support group.

n_0235.gif.2a5cbf0a311785a87aa5a19015742602.gif

:shy:

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

But those broadening storylines have ended. That why you have Bert and Sheldon geology  and Raj and the "new" girl plots.

• Like 5
  • Koala Face 1

36 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

That danged insect crawling around your avatar is distracting!!!!!  (but so funny!!!!)   veejay

Ooh..please be cautious. Don't squeeze it kaputt, it could destroy your screen. :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 3
  • Koala Face 1

5 hours ago, April said:

As I've said before: I think with a Lenny baby there's enough room to actually avoid another invisible baby scenario. Assuming S12 will be the last we can get through most of it with Penny being pregnant and not giving birth until one of the last episodes thus keeping any actual baby time to a minimum.

No idea what they'll do with Haley or her brother though - will the keep her hidden and show him? or will they reveal her and hide him? or keep them both hidden? Who knows.

Either way though I don't think the baby apocalypse is upon us any time soon.

I don't think Haley or her brother is that big of a problem, Howardette isn't a main couple so you can always find stories around that problem. If Lenny or Shamy will have a baby I'm guessing that will be near the end of the show so it don't alter the DNA of the show. 

• Like 3

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic