[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know a lot of people here know of my medical problems.   For those who don't, I have trouble, at times, walking any kind of distance, say a block or two, without the aid of a cane.  Around the house

Hello guys,   I am so sorry, I promised a taping report but it was a crazy week and I didn't have time to write one. Here is what happened(I don't know if you already get any other repo

Hey guys! I’m sure somebody will give you a full TR so just wanted to share my overall impressions and BTS I thought the episode was just perfect and for those of you who don’t like Shamy - I fel

Posted Images

5 hours ago, HeWolf said:

There simply isn't a need for any real children when these two have the bases covered.

If I ever meet you we will have to hug. lol

4 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

That danged insect crawling around your avatar is distracting!!!!!  (but so funny!!!

That thing drove me crazy the first time I saw it and you should see my daughter's cats react to it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

True Amy and Bernadette were all about broadining the show. But now the Raj plots, Bert and Stuart e.t.c. Not sure that is relevant anymore. Amy and Bernadette have been in the show 7 seasons now. The shows at the point it was in Season 5. Not that I see the show adding new characters or anything. That would be absurd. They can barley write  a 19 minute show for the 7 characters they have now. Over Crowded and all. But point is after so many years the show and it's characters just cannot have the same impact it once had. TBBT is waning. 

And yes I don't think the show needs kids on set. This show was different to the fact it was not another Rom Com-Family Set Up. i think by having Penny pregnant in Season 12. Probably the final season. It would also be funny to see Kaley play out Pregnant Penny. But then Penny can give birth in the Series Final. And they can avoid having babys on set some what. 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

True Amy and Bernadette were all about broadining the show. But now the Raj plots, Bert and Stuart e.t.c. Not sure that is relevant anymore. Amy and Bernadette have been in the show 7 seasons now. The shows at the point it was in Season 5. Not that I see the show adding new characters or anything. That would be absurd. They can barley write  a 19 minute show for the 7 characters they have now. Over Crowded and all. But point is after so many years the show and it's characters just cannot have the same impact it once had. TBBT is waning. 

And yes I don't think the show needs kids on set. This show was different to the fact it was not another Rom Com-Family Set Up. i think by having Penny pregnant in Season 12. Probably the final season. It would also be funny to see Kaley play out Pregnant Penny. But then Penny can give birth in the Series Final. And they can avoid having babys on set some what. 

Think this is a viable alternative to actually having Penny give birth. An arc where she thinks she is pregnant then becomes a false alarm and then by season finale she really does get pregnant with a is she or isn't she cliffhanger. If season 12 is the last then she could give birth at almost the end and if not then they can keep trying to conceive  Who knows Kaley may really be pregnant by that time.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

And yes I don't think the show needs kids on set. This show was different to the fact it was not another Rom Com-Family Set Up. I think by having Penny pregnant in Season 12. Probably the final season. It would also be funny to see Kaley play out Pregnant Penny. But then Penny can give birth in the Series Final. And they can avoid having babies on set some what. 

That's what many of us are thinking, but what if after all they don't make S 12 the final one ? What if we get a 13th and 14 th ? Suppose enough viewers in their twenties ten years ago, who appreciated its difference from a rom-com-family programme then and who've followed the gang as they aged with them and went through the same changes, demand the chance to find out what happened to them next ? 

15 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

That's what many of us are thinking, but what if after all they don't make S 12 the final one ? What if we get a 13th and 14 th ? Suppose enough viewers in their twenties ten years ago, who appreciated its difference from a rom-com-family programme then and who've followed the gang as they aged with them and went through the same changes, demand the chance to find out what happened to them next ? 

I  think they could pull it off if they really really wanted to but it wouldn't be easy.

Part of the issue is that the actors aren't particularly thrilled about kids on set. So I think they'll have to minimise any potential baby screen time or else it'll probably be impossible to get them do another season or two.

To minimise screen time you'll only see the Lenny baby ever so often if at all.  (I guess we'll see how they'll handle the 2nd Howardette baby to get an idea here.) I can imagine that a Lenny baby wouldn't be entirely invisible like Halley but still mostly off screen sleeping in the next room or whatever. That wouldn't have a massive impact on the show as such.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Think this is a viable alternative to actually having Penny give birth. An arc where she thinks she is pregnant then becomes a false alarm and then by season finale she really does get pregnant with a is she or isn't she cliffhanger. If season 12 is the last then she could give birth at almost the end and if not then they can keep trying to conceive  Who knows Kaley may really be pregnant by that time.

I was think a bit along those lines but they could spend most of a season going to a fertility doctor after half a season of dithering if they should or if they should wait. They could time jump the last episode (when ever that actually is) with a baby (which could be animatronic).

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 1
  • Koala Face 1

7 hours ago, HeWolf said:

.Especially since:

TBBT already has a hybrid baby-toddler-adolescent, (Sheldon), filling the need for any juvenile related plots or stories. If he's not enough, then Howard is always ready to step in and act like a child. There simply isn't a need for any real children when these two have the bases covered....

I watched the rocketry episode last night. I didn’t plan to, but I was flipping and there it was.  I’m not sure I can sit still for Sheldon any more, at all. He’s so juvenile now. (And the promos I saw later were for him hitting on Amy. Weird role play moment? After seeing him act 14 years old in the car with Howard I squirmed in my seat at that)    

None of the (cough) men act older than 19, at a stretch.  

Edited by Nogravitasatall
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

I was think a bit along those lines but they could spend most of a season going to a fertility doctor after half a season of dithering if they should or if they should wait.

A false pregnancy scare would be the perfect catalyst for them to seriously discuss starting a family.  Then it would be really funny if Penny got all motivated and excited making Leonard have to give her intercourse on a schedule so she can get pregnant.  It would be funny her making sex a job instead of fun and wearing Leonard out, even making him hide from her because she is always dragging him off to the bedroom.  They could have no success and then like you said have to go to a fertility doctor, with no success again, until one day In season 12 Penny just wakes up sick and they do the test to find out she is pregnant.

• Like 1
  • It's a Tiara 1

1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

I honestly don't think that they're going to go beyond 12 seasons.

• Like 7

I have followed the gang since 2007. That is not to say I want it to evolve into a fully fledged Rom Com Family Programme. I also beleive Season 12 well be the last season. I think that would be a perfect way to end. I think going beyond. For many reasons might get too expensive to keep producing this show. But from a Quality Stance. I think this show has about 40 odd episodes left in it. Beyond that though. 

33 minutes ago, SRAM said:

A false pregnancy scare would be the perfect catalyst for them to seriously discuss starting a family.  Then it would be really funny if Penny got all motivated and excited making Leonard have to give her intercourse on a schedule so she can get pregnant.  It would be funny her making sex a job instead of fun and wearing Leonard out, even making him hide from her because she is always dragging him off to the bedroom.  They could have no success and then like you said have to go to a fertility doctor, with no success again, until one day In season 12 Penny just wakes up sick and they do the test to find out she is pregnant.

Many couples would identify with this. The reason for TBBT's popularity is surely that viewers recognise themselves and/or the characters in the issues. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

Season 12 IS going to be the final one. No doubt about that! I think they will make Penny pregnant in the Season 11 Finale than have her give birth in the Series final in 2019. 

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan

20 minutes ago, Tensor said:

No doubt?  Based on what?

The Cast (particularly Johnny and Kaley)  are not as into the show as they use to be and as others have said are tired of it and want to try something new. they not as. They pretty much dragged their feets into season 11. they are not Enthusiastic about the show like they once were. They have all gotten older and so now have and are all headed in a different directions in their lives. Simon just became father and Melissa about to be a Mother.  The show not fresh or exciting anymore. 

Only one Sitcom in the last 70 years of Television had more than 12 Seasons and that show ended  51 years ago after a 14 years Run.  It's unprecedented. It has been pretty much an unwritten rule since 1966 that any show that lasts this long shall not go beyond Season 12.  It's extremely rare for sitcoms to go to 13 seasons. It just doesn't happen and for good reason.  It won't happen. trust me. 

Even Producers has said that Season 12 will  likely be it last 

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan

29 minutes ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

The Cast (particularly Johnny and Kaley)  are not as into the show as they use to be and as others have said are tired of it and want to try something new. they not as. They pretty much dragged their feets into season 11. they are not Enthusiastic about the show like they once were. They have all gotten older and so now have and are all headed in a different directions in their lives. Simon just became father and Melissa about to be a Mother.  The show not fresh or exciting anymore. 

Can you point to where Johnny and Kaley  (or any of the for that matter) have said they are tired of it?  Or, is that just your opinion?  Can you point to anything that says Simon and Melissa are not interested in continuing, because of their children?  Or, again, is it just your opinion?    Without actually cites for these claims, this whole paragraph is nothing more that your opinion, which leaves doubt 

Only one Sitcom in the last 70 years of Television had more than 12 Seasons and that show ended  51 years ago after a 14 years Run.  It's unprecedented. It has been pretty much an unwritten rule since 1966 that any show that lasts this long shall not go beyond Season 12.  It's extremely rare for sitcoms to go to 13 seasons. It just doesn't happen and for good reason.  It won't happen. trust me. 

Only one live action sitcom.  There have been several animated series (that are counted as sitcoms) that have gone on for more than fourteen years, The Simpson's will double that next year, as it's already been renewed.  If you count Live action sitcoms of course it is rare, since there's been only one.  

Can you explain how "it's likely", from the producers, equates to your flat statement of "no doubt"?  Saying, "it's likely" would seem to leave room for doubt.  

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

The longest sitcom in the history of television lasted 31 seasons and finished 7 years ago.

On 7.11.2017 at 10:44 AM, Nogravitasatall said:

Nice would be nice, though they already have told a pregnancy story once, then twice. Is the third time the charm? How do they make it interesting when they have already run down that track a couple of times already. I guess they could have explored a season of Sheldon’s insecurity at being replaced as the Leonard & Pennys’ tyrannical baby. But he has already taken himself out of that role by moving in with Amy. So, I’m going to say if they do travel down the beautiful baby route I can only hope they do a fair dinkum job and give Leonard & Penny a funny, original and substantial story. So I think I agree with you. No idea how they can do it...

Well they have also told a wedding story 2 (and a half?) times, an engagement one 3 times and a boyfriend-girlfriend one way more times than that. These things are just..life.

I don't get the big deal about the baby option anyway. Penny could give birth near or at the very end of the show so there will be a handful, or less than a handful, baby scenes.

Don't know how they're gonna deal with the second Howardette child, who will be born this season. I think that's the bigger question.

Edited by bfm
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, bfm said:

Well they have also told a wedding story 2 (and a half?) times, an engagement one 3 times and a boyfriend-girlfriend one way more times than that. These things are just..life.

I don't get the big deal about the baby option anyway. Penny could give birth near or at the very end of the show so there will be a handful, or less than a handful, baby scenes.

Don't no how they're gonna deal with the second Howardette child, who will be born this season. I think that's the bigger question.

Yes, I get it. Why expect a 11 year old  show to be original as a last gasp. And invisible children are a real thing. I’m sure I have a spare child just lying around.  That part doesn’t bother me. :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, vonmar said:

Here's the problem, CBS moved TBBT to Thursday and now their Monday lineup is suffering.  They need another hit to become the workhorse to prop up new shows, until that happens CBS may fight for more seasons.

I love the show but the cast is aging and the show is aging...but it still is the #1 comedy on TV.  Jim, Johnny, Simon & Kaley now all have development deals with the WB, Johnny has his music, Kaley has her horses, Melissa is starting a family, Jim is headed back to Broadway.....in their own ways they are already inching away from the show. 

I want to see them go out with dignity.  I want a goodbye tour, I want them all to appear on "Inside the Actors Studio", I want them all to appear at Comic Con one last time (etc).

I want this to end as a powerhouse, not with a whimper.

I really want that to happen :icon_cheesygrin:. Maybe if Season 12 is the last season. They could go all out like Friends did. Promote "Big Bangs Final Season". A Farewell promotion type thing. 

• Koala Face 1

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic