The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

29 minutes ago, Lagernisse said:

It can hardly get any worse than it is for Lenny ,so this could be something good, but I really don't see that the writing will change for Lenny. 

Molaro was into teen writing. I Carly and all that. He wasn't into writing for adults. Young Sheldon really isn't for adults. Shamy has never really been an mature adult couple so he got into that. That's why he had trouble with Lenny.

1 hour ago, Chrismo said:

Molaro was into teen writing. I Carly and all that. He wasn't into writing for adults. Young Sheldon really isn't for adults. Shamy has never really been an mature adult couple so he got into that. That's why he had trouble with Lenny.

You really have a gift of rowing the Shamys :icon_cheesygrin:. But I see your point Moloros writing style is vastly different. From the writing department of the first five seasons. Moloro clearly just doesn't get Lenny. Which has been evident over the course of the past four or so seasons. Lenny have stagnated. And have barley developed or allowed to progress since 8x01.

Edited by 3ku11
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, April said:

LOL I sure hope so! One week until the first table read!! YAY :D

Yah! I am so excited for the upcoming season! So much to look forward to...won't be long now!

1 hour ago, bfm said:

I remember some script pictures though definitely not all the time. Soon we will get back to speculating about the episodes based on every little tidbit we get LOL

One week before table read!! Eek!!

1 hour ago, Chrismo said:

Actually, Holland wrote for many Nickelodeon shows as well (including I Carly BTW). 

2 hours ago, bfm said:

Actually, Holland wrote for many Nickelodeon shows as well (including I Carly BTW). 

I guess that fits into the BBT fanbase. Male viewers not wanted.

From The Hollywood Reporter

Chuck Lorre: "One Could Easily Presume" 'Big Bang Theory' Will End With Season 12

The end of the road for CBS' The Big Bang Theory is coming into closer focus.

The nerdy series ranks as TV's most watched comedy among the advertiser-coveted adults 18-49 demographic and was renewed in March for its 11th and 12th seasons (48 episodes in total).

"We never really figured to be at year 11, let alone what's going to happen after 12. One could easily presume that would be the end of the series, but I'm just amazed we're here," co-creator Chuck Lorre told The Hollywood Reporter after presenting spinoff Young Sheldon to the press Tuesday at the Television Critics Association's summer press tour.

Big Bang Theory does not plot out storyline arcs in advance, a change from how most television shows are traditionally produced. Executive producer Steve Molaro — who recently stepped back as showrunner to focus on Young Sheldon — was more reluctant to address the show's future. "We look at one episode at a time, that's what we've been doing for the last 10 years and it's gotten us this far," he said.

Asked whether season 12 was the end game for the comedy, new CBS Entertainment president Kelly Kahl — making his debut on the TCA stage — offered a more open-ended approach to the future of the series.

"As long as we can go; 20 years. I hope to have it as long as we can," he told THR.

CBS and producers Warner Bros. Television have yet to announce any plans for the show's future. 

(more in the link)

• Thanks 2

20 years? Thanks but no thanks :icon_cheesygrin:. I think 12 seasons is a good place to end the show.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Run to India 1

8 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

20 years? Thanks but no thanks :icon_cheesygrin:. I think 12 seasons is a good place to end the show.

Middle aged nerds? That would be sad. Remember Billy Bob Thornton. Very sad. Twelve is about as long as most sitcoms run. And by then the Coopers and the Hofstadters should be moving out od the apartment building.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Run to India 2

By the end they will go for decades and have Penny pregnant when she should be having menopause :sarcastic:

Edited by bfm
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

I have felt bullish for some time that Season 12 won't be the last, but I think we will know more next year probably around halfway through Season 12 I reckon because if they plan to do more seasons then you will start to hear rumblings in the press. Because even if ratings do fall if it's still beating its competitors and CBS has nothing lined up to replace it then they will want to keep it going.

If I am still getting enjoyment out of it by Season 12 then of course I would want to still see it keep going :)

• Koala Face 2

1 hour ago, Jonny said:

I have felt bullish for some time that Season 12 won't be the last, but I think we will know more next year probably around halfway through Season 12 I reckon because if they plan to do more seasons then you will start to hear rumblings in the press. Because even if ratings do fall if it's still beating its competitors and CBS has nothing lined up to replace it then they will want to keep it going.

If I am still getting enjoyment out of it by Season 12 then of course I would want to still see it keep going :)

I doubt they will be able to keep the whole main cast if they continue past 12. Johnny was quite hesitant to sign this time and when asked if he sees himself continuing to play Leonard he said for a little more.

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 10:56 PM, 3ku11 said:

I agree with you wholeheartedly. However, 7 seasons would have been an even better time to end the show at. Unfortunately, that ship has already sailed. Oh, well ...

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 7:36 AM, bfm said:

By the end we will go for decades and have Penny pregnant when she should be having menopause :sarcastic:

Perhaps what they really want is to have TBBT long enough so they can morph it into another spinoff: "Old Sheldon".

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 8:21 AM, Jonny said:

I am not getting much enjoyment from TBBT in its present incarnation, and a lot of the times, I don't even know why I keep on watching. I think it is because through out the years I grew to love the characters, but there is only so much bad writing a person can take. We'll see. The writers and producers of TBBT are in it just for the money and don't have too much artistic integrity (it appears from my viewpoint) so I'm sure they will try to bleed it dry and will keep on taking money as long as they give it to them.

It appeared that Johnny wasn't too convinced to keep on going this time around, so if they come to him at the end of S12 with the intention of renewing, if I were him, I'd ask for a ridiculous amount of money so they'll have to tell him no,

Edited by Carlos
Soelling
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Carlos said:

Perhaps what they really want is to have TBBT long enough so they can morph it into another spinoff: "Old Sheldon".

Well they can use some stories about my grandpa for it LOL Two weeks ago we were playing this game (Taboo) in which you have to make people guess the word on your card with verbal clues and without using certain words. My grandpa used clues about russian generals and past politicians to raise the level of the game although as I said the purpose was to make us guess the word. When it wasn't his turn he asked questions about things only he knows. And no it's not an age thing...

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

Resurrecting the 'wish list for Season Eleven' conversation, in no particular order:

a ) More gang all together moments! I loved them in the S10 finale.

b ) More Tammy Joe! Tammy Joe is my spirit animal.

c ) In general, more of Howardette's creepy/sweet/dark/charming interactions. I really think the writers found the sweet spot with that couple last season, and I'd love to see more.

d ) A return to those charmingly pointless meandering conversations about random shit. 'Can werewolves swim?', I'm looking at you.

e ) Give Leonard and Penny plots that have nothing to do with each other/Leonard's insecurities/Penny's poorly-defined life dissatisfactions/Leonard's mommy issues/how the nerd got the hot girl hur hur. 

f ) Resolve the Shamy proposal 'cliffhanger' sharpish so that we don't have to spend time worrying about poorly-written drama sparked by misunderstandings about Bunny Boiler Ramona (I'm sorry, Actor Who Plays Ramona. I like you very much, and look forward to seeing you in other stuff.)

g ) Do something about Raj, please. I found him basically inoffensive, and even occasionally charming, last season, but it could not be more obvious that the show hasn't a clue what to do with the guy.

h ) MORE. TAMMY. JOE.

i ) Seriously, show? If you ever want to revisit Tammy's idea of a threesome with her, Bernie and Howard, I.......would not be averse. Just sayin'.

j ) More PAmyDette! MOOOOOAAAAAAAAR.

I'll think of others, probably, but there's your starter for ten.

I would like to give our beloved girls the opportunity to respond to your post reasonable. :shy:

g_124.gif.987bf5545d58389270d67542990ba22d.gif

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Koala Face 1

Addendum: I would like to see the result of this mentioned thought (of course on-screen)! :icon_biggrin:

how_111.gif.0b55b9d16db3f3b9cccf3137d3129534.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, bfm said:

By the end they will go for decades and have Penny pregnant when she should be having menopause :sarcastic:

That happened to my grandma and her mother before her. Hence I never knew my great-grandmother on that side of the family.

On 01/08/2017 at 6:08 PM, veejay said:

I think many classic TBBT fans are not interested in the young Sheldon in this form, which probably leads to a partial unreflected criticism. I, for example, really don't care about this prequel, but that's just me. :shy:

You are not alone in this!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Zhalen565 said:

You are not alone in this!

s_0270.gif.3776939816ff56754d31905adc3335be.gif

:icon_cheesygrin:

3 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Who's Tammy Joe?

57 minutes ago, veejay said:

Addendum: I would like to see the result of this mentioned thought (of course on-screen)! :icon_biggrin:

how_111.gif.0b55b9d16db3f3b9cccf3137d3129534.gif

The answer to your question...

Edited by spidergirl
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

Tammy Joe rocks! Let her be back at season 11! :icon_cheesygrin:

That should supposed to be though.

how_110.gif.f74273fbdee8eed684c84ae0ca2896bc.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • It's a Tiara 2

Ohh that thing lol. Yeah prefer that creepy thing not return. I personally found it cringy as hell, hahaha. That's just me though, maybe that's just me sorry:superman:.

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3