[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

Tensor

On 6/20/2017 at 6:45 AM, veejay said:

nw_0103.gif.fa55234c0f1c2ef36c1c4e714396b991.gif

LOL

Yeah, I'll admit that, I, too, laughed out loud.  

I don't know whether it was getting rid of a major character or the idea that comparing the ratings of new product with re-runs people have seen dozens of times is a true measure of popularity or quality.  But it was very funny.  Made my day.

• Like 2

On 18.6.2017 at 10:46 AM, Chrismo said:

JMO but that sherbet hair is awful. Makes her look 10 years older.

She and Johnny should make it a competition - Who had the worst hair color during the hiatus. 

• Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 1:41 PM, Stephen Hawking said:

I certainly wouldn't keep re-watching the episodes without Shamy.

What did you do the first three seasons?

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 5:45 AM, veejay said:

nw_0103.gif.fa55234c0f1c2ef36c1c4e714396b991.gif

LOL

That's the same reaction I had when they came up with the Sheldon show

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, vonmar said:

From Entertainment Weekly

Spoiler Room: Scoop on Pretty Little Liars, Arrow, Chicago Fire, and more

Are we going to meet new neighbors on The Big Bang Theory next year? — Carlisle
You mean because of that empty apartment downstairs? Not likely. That was built purely for one joke. “Honestly, I pitched it as a ridiculous joke that I need to get out of my head,” EP Steve Molaro says. “It was just a visual sight gag on the heels of their lab in the security building being cleaned out for them to then come home and the apartment to appear to be cleaned out as well. It was really nothing more than a joke I thought we would never even do because it sounded difficult to have to empty out our entire set. In fact, we did not empty out our entire set, we rebuilt the apartment on the stage empty.”

how_113.gif.8eb332820969c1cb9a4d176f6165f54b.gif

:shy:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, vonmar said:

From Entertainment Weekly

Spoiler Room: Scoop on Pretty Little Liars, Arrow, Chicago Fire, and more

Are we going to meet new neighbors on The Big Bang Theory next year? — Carlisle
You mean because of that empty apartment downstairs? Not likely. That was built purely for one joke. “Honestly, I pitched it as a ridiculous joke that I need to get out of my head,” EP Steve Molaro says. “It was just a visual sight gag on the heels of their lab in the security building being cleaned out for them to then come home and the apartment to appear to be cleaned out as well. It was really nothing more than a joke I thought we would never even do because it sounded difficult to have to empty out our entire set. In fact, we did not empty out our entire set, we rebuilt the apartment on the stage empty.”

Will the empty apartment be the new Faisal for the writers?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Will the empty apartment be the new Faisal for the writers?

I guess unless specified otherwise they could simply have someone else move in without actually introducing them. After all we haven't met all the inhabitants of the building. 3A was the apartment of Mrs. Gunderson (who had one appearance in 3x23) and there was always a plant next to the door. I wonder if they'll add a different new detail to signal someone new moved in. Something to look out for in the future!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, April said:

I guess unless specified otherwise they could simply have someone else move in without actually introducing them. After all we haven't met all the inhabitants of the building. 3A was the apartment of Mrs. Gunderson (who had one appearance in 3x23) and there was always a plant next to the door. I wonder if they'll add a different new detail to signal someone new moved in. Something to look out for in the future!

That building is like a ghost town, how many times did we see someone besides the gang in there? Probably less than 5.

Edited by bfm
  • Like 5

15 minutes ago, bfm said:

That building is like a ghost town, how many times did we see someone besides the gang in there? Probably less than 5.

That's why the elevator never got fixed!!! Landlord can't afford it for a building with only 4 or 5 residents.:icon_redface:

• Like 6

On 6/19/2017 at 0:58 AM, No Regrets said:

I actually love the moments where neither of them are both that visibly upset, but you can still tell they're just dying inside. When Penny gives Leonard the blanket in the S2 finale and walks away from him, watch her face. She looks devastated and ready to burst into tears. The quick switch from Penny playing it light and cool to Penny looking so broken - within seconds - was great acting by Kaley. And that's what made the scene so powerful, because it was all about things that weren't being said, about Leonard not seeing just how much it hurt Penny to watch him leave.

This was a great observation and analysis.  Let's look forward to warm happy scenes with P&L

• Like 7

On 6/19/2017 at 0:58 AM, No Regrets said:

I actually love the moments where neither of them are both that visibly upset, but you can still tell they're just dying inside. When Penny gives Leonard the blanket in the S2 finale and walks away from him, watch her face. She looks devastated and ready to burst into tears. The quick switch from Penny playing it light and cool to Penny looking so broken - within seconds - was great acting by Kaley. And that's what made the scene so powerful, because it was all about things that weren't being said, about Leonard not seeing just how much it hurt Penny to watch him leave.

I agree, I think they're terrific.

I won't stand in the same room with anyone who says either of them can't act.  The two best 'Leonard' scenes, to me, are when he's talking to Sheldon after the first wedding about how he blew it, and when he's talking to Sheldon's mother when he's leading her to Sheldon's room full of cats.  

Kaley's terrific.  There's a reason the writers give her so many punchlines.  'Nuff said.

I think the key to the upcoming season will be rescuing the characters of Penny and Raj.

Penny needs a good, yet fun job, to help her morale and create good story lines for her, as compared to 'them'.  Again, I think working with a local TV news crew - not necessarily even on the air, though she could get those chances - would work well for her and is plausible given her background.

The writers have totally trashed Raj.  The whole not being able to afford to live on his own after all those years of being subsidized and earning an astro physicist's salary at Cal Tech! - is crazy.  Moving him in with Leonard and Penny was a dreadful decision.  I think his parents - individually, and as a pair - were terrific characters.  I could see one, or both of them coming to Pasadena to see how he's doing and to introduce him to an Indian girl.  I'd like to see Princess Puchali come back.  

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Capt. Hilts said:

I agree, I think they're terrific.

I won't stand in the same room with anyone who says either of them can't act.  The two best 'Leonard' scenes, to me, are when he's talking to Sheldon after the first wedding about how he blew it, and when he's talking to Sheldon's mother when he's leading her to Sheldon's room full of cats.  

Kaley's terrific.  There's a reason the writers give her so many punchlines.  'Nuff said.

I think the key to the upcoming season will be rescuing the characters of Penny and Raj.

Penny needs a good, yet fun job, to help her morale and create good story lines for her, as compared to 'them'.  Again, I think working with a local TV news crew - not necessarily even on the air, though she could get those chances - would work well for her and is plausible given her background.

The writers have totally trashed Raj.  The whole not being able to afford to live on his own after all those years of being subsidized and earning an astro physicist's salary at Cal Tech! - is crazy.  Moving him in with Leonard and Penny was a dreadful decision.  I think his parents - individually, and as a pair - were terrific characters.  I could see one, or both of them coming to Pasadena to see how he's doing and to introduce him to an Indian girl.  I'd like to see Princess Puchali come back.  

Like the idea of Raj meeting an Indian girl. One that he could interact with and be completely at ease.....emotionally and sexually.   As for Penny I always had the notion that she could possibly get a sales award from her company and then receive a promotion as maybe a spokesperson for the company where she could use her sales experience and her acting background.  Seems like a perfect fit for her.

• Like 3

• Tensor pinned this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor unpinned this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic