[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, hokie3457 said:

Quote thing is malfunctioning again.  Didn't mean to quote you here @Mario D. , but always nice to give out a mention......

ETA by Tensor: Fixed.  

I wouldn't mind having a child or children in some episodes. I just wouldn't want it to be at the expense of the established actor's comfort in their working environment.  Remember that having child actors on set/taping takes a lot of extra work and patience.  I'm not sure if they would attend a table read, but remember they would need to be in rehearsals for things like blocking and a pre-taping run through.  Even if they are babies or toddlers without speaking parts they (especially if they are getting around on their own) would need to be "corralled" in some manner in order to get things together/going/in final form.....

thanks anyway @hokie3457  Always nice to get a shout out but I also happen to agree with you.

• Like 3

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know a lot of people here know of my medical problems.   For those who don't, I have trouble, at times, walking any kind of distance, say a block or two, without the aid of a cane.  Around the house

Hello guys,   I am so sorry, I promised a taping report but it was a crazy week and I didn't have time to write one. Here is what happened(I don't know if you already get any other repo

Hey guys! I’m sure somebody will give you a full TR so just wanted to share my overall impressions and BTS I thought the episode was just perfect and for those of you who don’t like Shamy - I fel

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Babar said:

SHELDON AND AMY DEVELOP A UNIQUE SYSTEM FOR WEDDING PLANNING, ON “THE BIG BANG THEORY,” THURSDAY, DEC. 7

“The Confidence Erosion” – Sheldon and Amy try to eliminate stress from wedding planning by applying math to the process. Also, Koothrappali “breaks up” with Wolowitz after realizing his best friend is actually hurting his confidence, on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Thursday, Dec. 7 (8:00-8:31 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Thanks so much for the spoilers Babar, as always greatly appreciated! :)

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Babar said:

SHELDON AND AMY DEVELOP A UNIQUE SYSTEM FOR WEDDING PLANNING, ON “THE BIG BANG THEORY,” THURSDAY, DEC. 7

“The Confidence Erosion” – Sheldon and Amy try to eliminate stress from wedding planning by applying math to the process. Also, Koothrappali “breaks up” with Wolowitz after realizing his best friend is actually hurting his confidence, on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Thursday, Dec. 7 (8:00-8:31 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Thanks so much for the info! You made my day! *kudos to you*

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Babar said:

Thanks so much Babar!

So this is the Raj-Howard plot we have seen written. Our gueses weren't that off, I remember guessing they want to do a breakup analogy (it said breakup on the board).

The Shamy plot sounds interesting.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Babar said:

Thanks Babar, you are very kind!

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Babar said:

Thanks a ton for this!! <3

• Like 4

Thanks @Babar . Sheldon and Amy 's math driven approach to wedding planning sounds like a unique intriguing premise.  Not sure how Howard is "hurting" Raj's confidence. Maybe Raj feels insecure because he is single while Howard has a family ? And Raj's dad will also be there...

Edited by serena_1995
  • Like 3

Actually, Howard has been a huge problem there.

I mean, watch any Season 11 episode (and I'm sure before that) and you'll see Howard continuously give Raj a bunch of backhanded insults or make fun of his ethnicity.

As long as they don't make up by the end of the episode, it could be a great step in getting Raj to a more independent place....

• Like 2
  • Run to India 1

14 minutes ago, Shelldon said:

Actually, Howard has been a huge problem there.

Yeah Howard can be a jerk for making fun of Raj 's ethinicity and also i hate how Howard  makes fun of Raj for being into things/hobbies stereotypically considered  feminine, or Raj being open about his feelings etc.  

• Like 2

I personally think Shamy are boring. And not compelling enough to drive plots through them. But that is jmo. I skip their scenes. But different stroaks and all. From Season 8-10 The Show was very Shamy focused. Even though it has alievated a tad this season. Most of the story archs are still consistent. Nothing new.

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, bfm said:

Could it be that the will they/won't they elope tease was because Shamy did a calculations to see whether they should elope?

Maybe they caucused with each other and concurred that social conventions are stupid so they will just live on love in a common-law or defacto relationship, then have a stress free party to celebrate and next quietly just get on with things.

It’s only logical. But what are the odds. No laughs in that, at all.

Maximum carnage is more likely. No idea what will happen but at least they have a near zero chance of Sheldon being outside the event throwing baby tantrums at the couple getting married. Unless it’s Bert and Amy, somehow. Or Fisal drops by.

(these are all edge cases and unlikely - though hopefully someone cooks the rice befor it’s thrown. Lucky for A/S it’s Bernie whose vengeful, not L&P - they have grounds for vengeance but, oddly, memories like goldfish)

• Like 3

12 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

Remember that having child actors on set/taping takes a lot of extra work and patience.  I'm not sure if they would attend a table read, but remember they would need to be in rehearsals for things like blocking and a pre-taping run through.  Even if they are babies or toddlers without speaking parts they (especially if they are getting around on their own) would need to be "corralled" in some manner in order to get things together/going/in final form.....

There are work around solutions in a world with a realistic Fellowship of the Ring and real looking Dobby.

FOTR.jpg.6d5d6b3a02206bcba3c11abf36360946.jpg

...or even the old way....

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

I wouldn't mind having a child or children in some episodes. I just wouldn't want it to be at the expense of the established actor's comfort in their working environment.  Remember that having child actors on set/taping takes a lot of extra work and patience.  I'm not sure if they would attend a table read, but remember they would need to be in rehearsals for things like blocking and a pre-taping run through.  Even if they are babies or toddlers without speaking parts they (especially if they are getting around on their own) would need to be "corralled" in some manner in order to get things together/going/in final form.....

At that age, it's not as much work as you might think.  For a toddler, their "wrangler" (usually a parent) would be there for the table read.  Blocking and pre-taping run throughs could be accomplished with the wrangler, or if they need to be out on their own, a stuffed animal stand in would work.  After about one and a half to three, then they would have to be out there on thei own for rehearsals and tapings, although the wrangler could be there for rehearsals.

The difficult part, then, is that the time filming with them is very limited( which is why they usually use twins) Arround the ages of 4-6, the hard and time consuming  part is teaching them their lines and emotions.  They don't read , and can't infer context for feelings, so everything has to be explained to them. After six, the time needed for background things(learning lines, etc.) goes down. There may be minor differences in TV, from theatre, but that is the gist. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Tensor said:

At that age, it's not as much work as you might think.  For a toddler, their "wrangler" (usually a parent) would be there for the table read.  Blocking and pre-taping run throughs could be accomplished with the wrangler, or if they need to be out on their own, a stuffed animal stand in would work.  After about one and a half to three, then they would have to be out there on thei own for rehearsals and tapings, although the wrangler could be there for rehearsals.

The difficult part, then, is that the time filming with them is very limited( which is why they usually use twins) Arround the ages of 4-6, the hard and time consuming  part is teaching them their lines and emotions.  They don't read , and can't infer context for feelings, so everything has to be explained to them. After six, the time needed for background things(learning lines, etc.) goes down. There may be minor differences in TV, from theatre, but that is the gist. 

Well, Kaley would be a good "wrangler". She has a long experience in looking after the toddlers from her friends on the set, which can be seen in a lot of posts on IG. (Unfortunately, she doesn't really want it seriously, LOL)

c_0062.gif.3a9e595d0616784165a0d1f3a54fe19c.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, luminous said:

Jim posted this on his IG story yesterday

"Walking to set"

jimparsonswalkingtoset.gif.3c37728077460663679c1ff91a1da084.gif

Whatever he's doing tonight I hope we get to find out, and possibly what happened last week if they show the episode to the audience. Eyes peeled for hints, everybody! Or better still : if you're going, a nice report, please, and very grateful thanks in advance.

• Like 2

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic