[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know a lot of people here know of my medical problems.   For those who don't, I have trouble, at times, walking any kind of distance, say a block or two, without the aid of a cane.  Around the house

Hello guys,   I am so sorry, I promised a taping report but it was a crazy week and I didn't have time to write one. Here is what happened(I don't know if you already get any other repo

Hey guys! I’m sure somebody will give you a full TR so just wanted to share my overall impressions and BTS I thought the episode was just perfect and for those of you who don’t like Shamy - I fel

Posted Images

22 hours ago, Carlos said:

Really? I mean...really? I totally disagree. In TBBT everybody rags on everybody and almost all of Howard's "insults" have been in jest. Howard has always been there for his friend. I think the real problem is that Raj is a douche in general and has been shown many times in the show to be a douche to women as well, in particular.

Oh sorry, I was looking at it through a real life lens. I should've known that verbal abuse in TBBT just means in jest. 

• Like 1
  • Run to India 1
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

4 minutes ago, brilliantfool said:

Hey guys! I'll just post a short summary 

The episode title is Celebration Reverberation

3 plots :

Shamy: 

Sheldon making a themed birthday celebration for Amy (?House on the prairie? themed) that doesn't go well (they get food poisoning). It was fun and cute 

2nd plot - Howard is making a birthday party for Halley and asks for Raj's help (tension between them since previous episode but they kinda make up in the end )

Lenny had I would say a sub-plot since it did feel a little shorter than 2 other ones, but it might feel different in the aired episode. Leonard's brother sent them a Christmas card and Leonard was annoyed that his brother was (unintentionally) bragging about all his achievements this year and he tried to think up of all the cool things he and penny did this year but he could think of nothing. He was really bothered by that but penny wasn't, she was like - 'we're happy, what r you worried about?'

I might post a bigger TR later if I have time but I don't have a great memory

PS dear Lennies, if ur not happy with the Lenny part PLEASE don't take it out on me : * 

Also I will say this Lenny part sounded cute , funny and totally fine.

Thankyou brillant fool for this did they show last week episode episode 10

• Like 1
  • Koala Face 1

1 minute ago, kbp said:

6 minutes ago, brilliantfool said:

3 plots :

Shamy: 

Sheldon making a themed birthday celebration for Amy (?House on the prairie? themed) that doesn't go well (they get food poisoning). It was fun and cute 

2nd plot - Howard is making a birthday party for Halley and asks for Raj's help (tension between them since previous episode but they kinda make up in the end )

Lenny had I would say a sub-plot since it did feel a little shorter than 2 other ones, but it might feel different in the aired episode. Leonard's brother sent them a Christmas card and Leonard was annoyed that his brother was (unintentionally) bragging about all his achievements this year and he tried to think up of all the cool things he and penny did this year but he could think of nothing. He was really bothered by that but penny wasn't, she was like - 'we're happy, what r you worried about?'

PS dear Lennies, if ur not happy with the Lenny part PLEASE don't take it out on me : * 

Wow ! That was quick. Thanks, brilli ! I guess that explains the scarf and the pyjamas.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brilliantfool said:

Also I was supposed to be at the previous episode , episode 10, last week , but they gave out way more guaranteed tickets than they were supposed too (like 100 more ) so I didn't get in

They showed us last week's episode

Shamy part was super sweet, they were gonna elope but then once in the city hall Sheldon was like 'no, I wanna do it right , I want a proper wedding'

Raj stopped talking to Howard cause he felt Howard kept dragging his confidence down for 15 years 

Lenny had kinda a short plot when Raj was confinding with them about Howard Leonard was kinda on his side and penny on Howard's. It's ok , no big deal and no fight, they were ok :)

Glad you got to see the episode you missed. Disappointing for you last week though. Thanks for the summary.

• Like 2
  • Koala Face 1

3 minutes ago, brilliantfool said:

Also I was supposed to be at the previous episode , episode 10, last week , but they gave out way more guaranteed tickets than they were supposed too (like 100 more ) so I didn't get in

They showed us last week's episode

Shamy part was super sweet, they were gonna elope but then once in the city hall Sheldon was like 'no, I wanna do it right , I want a proper wedding'

Raj stopped talking to Howard cause he felt Howard kept dragging his confidence down for 15 years 

Lenny had kinda a short plot when Raj was confinding with them about Howard Leonard was kinda on his side and penny on Howard's. It's ok , no big deal and no fight, they were ok :)

ps Running away from WB wi fi so no time to edit but I will say I got it a bit wrong.

i think in episode 11 Lenny had a decent third plot, maybe it was a tiny bit shorter than the other two but it did feel like a 3 plots episode

Episode 10, there it felt like Lenny had a sub-plot and it was more if a 2 plot episode

Thank you so much for the info. And thanks for getting it to us so quickly!!!!!!!!

• Like 6
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, brilliantfool said:

3 plots :

Shamy: 

Thank you so much for taking the time to get this out so quick!!

• Like 3
  • It's a Tiara 2

I really don't get these city hall plots, it's not romantic or spur of the moment. Sounds very boring. Especially in a 20 million viewers TV show.

If Raj ever gets married, they'll find a way to write it as a city hall wedding even though it would make tons of sense for his rich family to put something extravagant together.

Very insulting....

• Like 4
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

Thank you @brilliantfool All the information you shared is fantastic and greatly appreciated! I hope you had a great time, and sorry about last week...

• Like 3
  • Koala Face 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

On 11/22/2017 at 12:14 AM, Capt. Hilts said:

Where do you get this information?  Online discussion boards? Pew Research?

Online discussion boards do not accurately reflect the demographics and opinions of total fandom for any show or activity.  They are generally too self-selecting and there are a whole world of folks too intimidated to express or defend their opinions on discussion boards.

Several interviews of both Bill Prady and Chuck Lorre back in the second and third season (and mentioned as late as the seventh season).   They both acknowledge it, on internet and industry news articles, and shot it down.     Now, I guess they could have been lying, but I'm loathe to claim that, and generally take them at their word.  

And, again, perhaps you can point out where, in between the time the writers came up with it (the pregnancy story) and Lorre said to run with it, the audience test occurred on the pregnancy?    

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Shelldon said:

I really don't get these city hall plots, it's not romantic or spur of the moment. Sounds very boring. Especially in a 20 million viewers TV show.

If Raj ever gets married, they'll find a way to write it as a city hall wedding even though it would make tons of sense for his rich family to put something extravagant together.

Very insulting....

Nothing wrong with that. If they lived across the pond nobody would turn a hair. In some countries the 'city hall' wedding is compulsory whatever else you do. There are probably more viewers in those countries than the USA and they wouldn't find it insulting at all.  In England and Wales millions of people get married in the Registrar's Office and make that their only ceremony. It's been legal since  the 1830s.  I've been to  several of those and it's quite romantic enough.  Lots of people who are not Anglican, such as Raj who's a Hindu, actually have two weddings, sometimes even on the same day.  Prince Charles  had two ceremonies because the bride was divorced. Anglican priests are registrars but if you want to get married somewhere other than an Anglican church you either have two ceremonies, get a registrar to attend the wedding venue, or just have the Registrar's Office wedding, which can actually be very nice ; there's nothing boring about it.  My godson's other godmother had three wedding ceremonies because her husband's Portugese.

Edited by joyceraye
Added : The expense to which a family can go has nothing to do with where the legal wedding takes place. The fees are the same for everybody regardless of income. That must be the same in America, surely ?
  • Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic