The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, April said:

Thanks a lot for the additional information, @brilliantfool!

That episode sounds really good on all plots. Wow.

I know right!!  I really loved the Raj plot. Probably my fav Raj episode in years, I was so happy he stood up for himself 

• Like 6
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

19 minutes ago, brilliantfool said:

I know right!!  I really loved the Raj plot. Probably my fav Raj episode in years, I was so happy he stood up for himself 

Yeah, I'm really enjoying that they are focussing a bit more on Raj. He's still a bit of a mess but I like that they start sorting him out. Or at least it seems like it. Like @mirs1 said, the writing feels very meta and self aware so that could finally lead to something this time. Fingers crossed! :D

• Like 6

This might be controversial but they should do an episode where Penny is Sexually Harassed at work by a co-worker and goes back and forth on whether or not to report the Guy and in the end, she does. and The  Guy ends up getting fired.  It would be a good teachable  Episode if done  correctly

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan
  • Like 3

For me it seems incredible how people can differ so much in their opinions of the same event. @brilliantfool says that she is happy Raj is finally standing up for himself and I just don't see it that way. I don't even see a need for Raj to stand up for himself, because in this case I think more like Penny does, in the sense that Howard has indeed been Raj's best friend and that all the supposedly mean things he's told him through the years have been said mostly in jest. Howard has demonstrated with actions how much of a good friend he is to Raj. Howard is most definitely not responsible for Raj's select mutism and if we really think about it, Raj hasn't been a very confident guy since the start of the show.

Besides the Raj/Howard plot (artificially manufactured drama that feels both OOC and forced) I like the rest of the episode even of the Shamy parts don't hold as much interest to me as they do for Shamy shippers.

Edited by Carlos
  • Like 1

I'll be honest i've never considered that Howard might be the cause of a lot of Raj's issues. Sure they are snarky with each other and obviously Howard is the one who comes out with Indian cultural jokes more than anyone but he does give as good as he gets. And Raj's dad backing this notion that he was more confident at home? I am pretty sure I remember Raj having issues back home especially being nervous.

Howard has also done a lot for him other the years including providing a roof over his head, trying to help in recent years with women, making him Halley's godfather etc.

I am really, really interested to see how this plays out and whether they can sell it to the audience. Like @mirs1 said there could just be some kind of meta-joke at play more than anything.

• Like 3

Thanks for the bts post, @brilliantfool. I love getting to know bts as it allows to learn more from how things happen aside the moments actors perform those characters as if they were them for real.

It is so sweet Kaley's dad doesnt miss a taping. It is so nice the actors may have their closest ones on audience enjoying their work.

And last but not least I just love bloopers to pieces! Hopefully that Mayim 's might be on s11 DVD: laughing so much at the point of be embarassed with herself is too good for not be shared with the fans of the show, lol! 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I'll be honest i've never considered that Howard might be the cause of a lot of Raj's issues. Sure they are snarky with each other and obviously Howard is the one who comes out with Indian cultural jokes more than anyone but he does give as good as he gets. And Raj's dad backing this notion that he was more confident at home? I am pretty sure I remember Raj having issues back home especially being nervous.

Howard has also done a lot for him other the years including providing a roof over his head, trying to help in recent years with women, making him Halley's godfather etc.

I am really, really interested to see how this plays out and whether they can sell it to the audience. Like @mirs1 said there could just be some kind of meta-joke at play more than anything.

I find it impossible to take Raj's side on this one. Raj fantasized sleeping with Bernadette and wrote Poetry about wanting her to play with his clarinet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carlos said:

I can only imagine the nights of passion she and Gerard had on that waterbed :icon_cheesygrin: !

Eww. I'd rather not. ROTFL 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

51 minutes ago, brilliantfool said:

Some BTS from 11x11 (I'm still def exhausted for TR)

Kaley's bf was there , right next to her dad

Funny moment : at some point when the host asked some people from abroad to sing a song in their native language this guy came up on stage, he was from one of the countries in Central America, can't remember which one, he sang this famous song in Spanish, 'Suavemente bésame'. The host asked what does it mean and he said 'smooth kisser'. So the host was making a joke saying  'why does it feel like you're saying that to me' and the guy replied 'no, I'm saying it to Kaley'. So the host was like 'hmm, it's her dad up there' (her dad never misses a single episode and always stands in a booth that's directly across the host and whoever comes up on stage from the audience). But it was actually her dad AND her bf, we thought it was hilarious haha 

Jim messed up a few times

Mayim had some guests in the first raw, she came up to talk to them at one point, it was cool to see her closer :)

when Mayim had throwing up scenes after food poisoning she couldn't hold it, she was  laughing so much but I think she was also embarrassed haha

They did something that they said they never did - after they've already showed us last scene of the episode that was pretaped, they had a different idea for the last live scene they've already shot, so to kill time Kunal came up to the audience and took questions from us, it was so cool 

Oh and somebody asked, I think @veejay - no we don't see Lenny's bedroom in either of the episodes 

And ty everybody for saying thank you, you're very sweet , it's really not a burden for me to share and I myself hate it when we get no info :)

Well you know everyone's different, I myself am more of a sensitive type like Raj/Leonard so I totally see their point. Maybe you're just less sensitive , like Penny/Howard : )

even though i loved raj standing up for himself I will agree it felt a bit OCC, maybe not OOC but kinda rushed ! It progressed so fast it didn't feel natural  

Thanks sooooo much @brilliantfool ! You are brilliant and you are nobody’s fool! Enjoy the remainder of your trip!

• Like 5
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Was Melissa on set or is she now on maternity leave, and they pretaped her scenes. I'm assuming she won't be on the set for filming in December at all for 12 & 13, and those are pre-taped.

17 hours ago, joyceraye said:

And do they really have to rent a church if they want a church wedding ?  Does the vicar charge more than the city hall ? 

We paid a fee to the clergyman and tipped the music director and the altar girl when my oldest daughter got married.

17 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Neither is lying about a tryst on a boat in the middle of the sea, but that is neither there or here. 

Yes, there is that.

38 minutes ago, brilliantfool said:

She's on maternity leave! 

She was on Skype pre-taped in episode 10 and I think Howard just mentioned her in episode 11

As far as I can remember it was just a tiny difference in Lenny's lines regarding Sheldon 

they were discussing taking a day trip when Sheldon runs in the apt cause he's still sick and Amy's occupying 4B bathroom so he runs in to 4A 

first take was penny saying 'you wanna go in a few days ?' and after they changed it to penny saying 'you wanna go now?' after Sheldon runs in (something like that)

Hmm I wonder if that the real reason Bernadette was on Bed Rest then. 

The food poisoning sounds interesting... I wonder if Sheldon cooked, something set out too long, or they went to a sketchy restaurant.

• It's a Tiara 1

4 minutes ago, Kev0821 said:

The food poisoning sounds interesting... I wonder if Sheldon cooked, something set out too long, or they went to a sketchy restaurant.

Maybe they stopped at the same gas station as Howard for Sushi...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Carlos said:

For me it seems incredible how people can differ so much in their opinions of the same event. @brilliantfool says that she is happy Raj is finally standing up for himself and I just don't see it that way. I don't even see a need for Raj to stand up for himself, because in this case I think more like Penny does, in the sense that Howard has indeed been Raj's best friend and that all the supposedly mean things he's told him through the years have been said mostly in jest. Howard has demonstrated with actions how much of a good friend he is to Raj. Howard is most definitely not responsible for Raj's select mutism and if we really think about it, Raj hasn't been a very confident guy since the start of the show.

Besides the Raj/Howard plot (artificially manufactured drama that feels both OOC and forced) I like the rest of the episode even of the Shamy parts don't hold as much interest to me as they do for Shamy shippers.

I think Howard can cross the line at times (and he did in 11×06, off screen) but Raj's reaction seems too much. He could have talked to him, in fact it happened before (when Howard came to Girls' Night at 4B) and seemed to work well. It also seems to work  for Lenny in this episode (maybe the lesson is don'r keep these things to yourself and talk before you can't get anymore and it goes out of control?). I also would certainly not blame him for Raj's problems.. He could be a maintaining factor (among other factors) but I don't think he is one of the causes and not a trigger (meaning the problem was there, it could be that Howard contributed to its continuation).

Edited by bfm
Clarifications
  • Like 2

Raj standing up for himself lol? Please. All of his problems and issues are self serving. Sure Howard crosses the lines some times. I remember in Season 3 Howard kept ditching Raj for girls lol. IT seems to me Raj is using Howard as an excuse. Maybe take some responsibility huh.

39 minutes ago, bfm said:

I think Howard can cross the line at times (and he did in 11×06, off screen) but Raj's reaction seems too much. He could have talked to him, in fact it happened before (when Howard came to Girls' Night at 4B) and seemed to work well. It also seems to work  for Lenny in this episode (maybe the lesson is don'r keep these things to yourself and talk before you can't get anymore and it goes out of control?). I also would certainly not blame him for Raj's problems.. He could be a maintaining factor (among other factors) but I don't think he is one of the causes and not a trigger (meaning the problem was there, it could be that Howard contributed to its continuation).

Raj is down on his luck right now so Howard's teasing might just be the last straw. Sure, he can be a good friend but the wrong joke at the wrong time can do a lot of harm. Heck, Howard can come off rather mean spirited regardless of intention so I wouldn't let him off the hook right away.

And sure, they could all sit down and talk it out like mature adults but you can't do that for every plot or the show starts to feel like a therapy session every week. lol Let the characters blow off some steam and do their thing for a while. They'll figure it out soon enough.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1