The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

13 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

So are we victim blaming now? Are we shifting focus away from Sheldon now. To Penny needs to take responsiblity for her past behaviour? Far as I Can tell she has. Sheldon is the one who still think its relevant to slut sham a grown ass married woman.

You will have to remember that Penny is a willing prey to Sheldon. (not my words )

23 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

So are we victim blaming now? Are we shifting focus away from Sheldon now. To Penny needs to take responsiblity for her past behaviour? Far as I Can tell she has. Sheldon is the one who still think its relevant to slut sham a grown ass married woman.

So if Sheldon never again utters another word about Penny's past but then Penny has dialogue say during a girls night that implies the same sort of thing that Sheldon would but perhaps not as bluntly or even as nastily you would be fine with that?

That's not killing off that old perception in my view IMO.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To be honest in the earlier seasons penny would argue with sheldon but now that sheldon can't do any wrong all the other characters have to bow down to him

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 5

3 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Sheldon did deprive Leonard and the guys of real money. I am not sure why this is even arguable. That was his intention. What he did was illegal. He is luckey his friends are not as self serving or as callous as he is. 

It was Sheldon himself who drew the others' attention to Bitcoin by emailing them an article about it. He obviously wanted them to start looking for theirs and then 'help' them find it assuming Leonard hadn't already looked on his Batman drive. He had nothing to gain but a little revenge and he thought his friends would gain thousands of dollars. I wish the thief who stole my handbag was like Sheldon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Well we can’t forget Sheldon  is the lead. He’s the pointy end of the spear. The leader sets the tone. The fish rots from the head. 

But that’s the show’s tone. It’s a big part of that production house’s style too, I think, from what I know of the  other shows. It works. The demand is in the market. And it’s funny if you don’t overthink it.

And it’s mostly harmless.  Only a few get so aggrieved they write posts to vent. I still wonder about the impact of the show but last time I went into that I had my posts hidden. 

(Though I’m happy it’s not just me shouting without  wider effect.)

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Nogravitasatall said:

Well we can’t forget Sheldon  is the lead. He’s the pointy end of the spear. The leader sets the tone. The fish rots from the head. 

But that’s the show’s tone. It’s a big part of that production house’s style too, I think, from what I know of the  other shows. It works. The demand is in the market. And it’s funny if you don’t overthink it.

And it’s mostly harmless.  Only a few get so aggrieved they write posts to vent. I still wonder about the impact of the show but last time I went into that I had my posts hidden. 

(Though I’m happy it’s not just me shouting without  wider effect.)

Lol I am not saying anyone here is victim blaming. I am just not a fan of placing blame on a female character. Simply because of her motivations surrounding her promiscious behaviour. OR she has made jokes about other characters. I just feel it is shifting the goal posts some what. Penny has checkered past. All the characters do. They are all flawed. I just think it is time the show drop these "Penny is a slut" jokes. At the very least if this is a set up for Leonard to tear down Sheldon, then fine. Too many times has Sheldon slut shamed Penny. In front of Leonard, and he has said nothing. Even a comment like "Sheldon please don't speak to my wife like that". When Sheldon is corrected, he normally does not repeat his behaviour. But like you said Sheldon is the lead. Leonard used to be too, not so much anymore. The show seems to be from Sheldons point of view now.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Lol I am not saying anyone here is victim blaming.

But you said...

2 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

3ku11 asked a question, which is very much different from making a statement.

To me the question would assume that "we" are doing what we are being questioned about.

27 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I guess we must have a different understanding of what a question is.

Maybe it's a nationality thing. :) 

I’d say a “pointed rhetorical question”.  

I’m still processing the friendly fire. I’m out because hey, male privilege and not pretty. (Maybe I’ve been hit on once - and that was a man hehe). I can’t say too much except if you are familiar with, say, a character after 11 seasons, then maybe you are informed by what you have seen on the show. Comments on the  unseen stuff... people.

Edited by Nogravitasatall
Self edit

I think we can all agree the show need to announce and endgame. So least the show has a end point to strive towards. Instead of aimlessley flowing through a moving pattern.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:

Lol I am not saying anyone here is victim blaming. I am just not a fan of placing blame on a female character. Simply because of her motivations surrounding her promiscious behaviour. OR she has made jokes about other characters. I just feel it is shifting the goal posts some what. Penny has checkered past. All the characters do. They are all flawed. I just think it is time the show drop these "Penny is a slut" jokes. At the very least if this is a set up for Leonard to tear down Sheldon, then fine. Too many times has Sheldon slut shamed Penny. In front of Leonard, and he has said nothing. Even a comment like "Sheldon please don't speak to my wife like that". When Sheldon is corrected, he normally does not repeat his behaviour. But like you said Sheldon is the lead. Leonard used to be too, not so much anymore. The show seems to be from Sheldons point of view now.

I only recall one person who was may have been victim shaming. I do agree that Leonard does need to tell Sheldon off next time he S*ut shames, Penny. She's a married Women now not that it was okay before.  It was funny first couple times but it got old quickly. You know it interesting he never S8ut shamed Howard or did he? 

I think CBS will probably ask them to either end or tone down the S8ut Jokes coming towards Penny coming from Sheldon in our current environment we are currently in.  Some people do think that sleep with a man on the first date makes her a S*ut.  Sheldon has claimed a couple time that Penny has slept with Men on the first date without any real proof and has used that as a reason to S*ut hame her 

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan
  • Like 2

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 8:02 AM, Die Zimtzicke said:

Well, Sheldon would say he didn't deny Leonard access to his property since he gave him the keychain. I don't know. I said I wish they had not gone this way and I meant it. As for it being a crime, only if someone was willing to prosecute him and none of them ever would. No matter how big of a jerk he is. Wussy Leonard being wussy Leonard again...is that ever going to stop? I'd like to see him be assertive once in awhile.

Especially, as I said, if no one would press charges.

After Sheldon being a total asshole, not to mention felon this is what you're going to go with? Really?

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 8:11 AM, Jonny said:

I dunno about all of you but physical violence, jail sentences and severing ties with friends doesn't make for good comedy in my book.

Neither does being as much of an asshole as Sheldon was, IMO.

• Like 3

Sheldon commited a Felony. Why does it matter if his friends were willing to prosecute him or not. Who cares if Leonard was a being a Wuss. Beats being an A Hole. Leonard has plently of times been assertive when the writers allow him to be.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, vonmar said:

From TBBT You Tube Channel...

Didn't Sheldon agree a couple of episodes ago to let Amy make all the decisions?

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 1:02 PM, Chrismo said:

You must of loved the episode when he tried to “befriend” the little girl at the library?

Or the one when he said he wanted to touch as many little boys as he could....

8 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Didn't Sheldon agree a couple of episodes ago to let Amy make all the decisions?

Shows continuity knows no bounds.

Edited by 3ku11

On 12/1/2017 at 6:10 PM, vonmar said:

Leonard could have taken the sweater off, Priya (a grown woman with a law degree) could of stood up to her parents and Leonard shouldn't have been hiding money from his wife in the first place..  Almost all the people Sheldon has gone up against have made conscious choices that have allowed them to be played.

I am not being a Sheldon apologist here, I did not justify his actions.  I am merely pointing out that those who Sheldon has targeted had options that they did not exercise.

So you're blaming the victims instead of blaming the perpetrator? I don't agree with your line of thinking.

Edited by Tensor
Comment directed at the way a member posts removed.
  • Like 6
  • Leonard Cupid 1

6 minutes ago, Carlos said:

So you're blaming the victims instead of blaming the perpetrator? I don't agree with your line of thinking, and think it is specially insensitive due to the current events unfolding in Hollywood.

Agree. and not just Hollywood/Entertainment but also Media and Politics   

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

I think we can all agree the show need to announce and endgame. So least the show has a end point to strive towards. Instead of aimlessley flowing through a moving pattern.

No not me, there is so much bad crap on TV, I’d rather watch mediocre TBBT than that other crap.  I’d watch it for years, there is not much else that really makes me want to watch TV.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Sheldon commited a Felony. Why does it matter if his friends were willing to prosecute him or not. Who cares if Leonard was a being a Wuss. Beats being an A Hole. Leonard has plently of times been assertive when the writers allow him to be.

Yes Sheldon was wrong and he was stupid, but I don't understand how he could have committed a crime let alone a felony when it was worthless fake money.  It was no worse then Penny removing all Leonard's collectibles last season and I don't see a clamour for her to be locked up.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Carlos said:

So you're blaming the victims instead of blaming the perpetrator? I don't agree with your line of thinking, and think it is specially insensitive due to the current events unfolding in Hollywood.

Comparing anything that is happening on a sitcom to what is happening to real people who suffer that kind of trauma is the weakest argument that you can offer.

Edited by Tensor
Removed snarky comment directed at another poster.
  • Like 2
  • Run to India 1

2 hours ago, A Shamy gal said:

Yes Sheldon was wrong and he was stupid, but I don't understand how he could have committed a crime let alone a felony when it was worthless fake money.  It was no worse then Penny removing all Leonard's collectibles last season and I don't see a clamour for her to be locked up.

But it wasn't worthless and it wasn't his laptop. Stealing is stealing. I believed Penny just moved his stuff out to 4b and later Leonard did the same to Penny. Kind of mixing apples and oranges.

• Like 4