[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know a lot of people here know of my medical problems.   For those who don't, I have trouble, at times, walking any kind of distance, say a block or two, without the aid of a cane.  Around the house

Hello guys,   I am so sorry, I promised a taping report but it was a crazy week and I didn't have time to write one. Here is what happened(I don't know if you already get any other repo

Hey guys! I’m sure somebody will give you a full TR so just wanted to share my overall impressions and BTS I thought the episode was just perfect and for those of you who don’t like Shamy - I fel

Posted Images

6 hours ago, serena_1995 said:

The one thing  somewhat different that they can do is add some gender non-conformity or gender bending  stuff where it turns out(from the experiment)  that Sheldon's best man is a woman ( Penny or Bernadette ) and Amy's perfect made of honor turns out to be a man (Raj or Howard) ..or something . Because all men and women don't always conform to gender stereotypes and traditional gender roles. But TBBT being mostly a stuffy  traditional sitcom, Amy will only test the girls and Sheldon will only test the guys. Predictable and IC I guess. I am just thinking of a different (but  an impossible) scenario lol, 

The best man/maid of honour thing is something I never understood, TBH. In my Country we don't have those, we have two to four "witnesses", who sign the marriage certificate together with the bride and groom. Usually you choose them among close friends and family, with no particular attention to their gender. My father's witness was his older sister and my mother's witness was her brother, for example, and I assure you that my family is not really "progressive".

Edited by mirs1
  • Koala Face 1

40 minutes ago, Tensor said:

No, he just treats her like dirt on a continuing basis.  I'd much rather have my SO engage in a one time drunken kiss, than have her treat me terribly over and over again.

As if Penny didn't treat Leonard like dirt on a continuing basis, LMAO. I guess this is why Penny is not happy now, because she has to treat him nice. 

You can always get a divorce, Penny, come on. Zack is good, you know.  

• Haha 1
  • Run to India 3

9 minutes ago, KripkeRules said:

As if Penny didn't treat Leonard like dirt on a continuing basis, LMAO.

Not sure how Penny is involved in a conversation about the actions of Leonard and Sheldon?  If you want to talk about how Penny treats Leonard, I'll be more than happy to engage, but as a separate  conversation.   The conversation for the quote was how Sheldon was a perfect boyfriend/husband, because he didn't cheat on Amy.  You're thoughts on that?  

I guess this is why Penny is not happy now, because she has to treat him nice. 

Penny's not happy with her job, but I haven't seen her say anything (this year anyway) that indicates she's not happy.  Can you point out where?  

You can always get a divorce, Penny, come on. Zack is good, you know.  

Zack is good, but as Penny points out, not intelligent enough, even for even her.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I can't recall Penny ever treating Leonard like dirt. Anymore then Leonard treating her like a trophy wife. Sheldon consistently treats Amy like Dirt. ITs an imbalanced relationship. That is the difference. Amy has to drug Sheldon. That should tell you enough. 

I don't see any indicator Penny is unhappy with Leonard either. She seems very happy this season. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 6
  • Koala Face 1

59 minutes ago, Tensor said:

No, he just treats her like dirt on a continuing basis.  I'd much rather have my SO engage in a one time drunken kiss, than have her treat me terribly over and over again.

Like dirt?  Really? 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Not sure how Penny is involved in a conversation about the actions of Leonard and Sheldon?  If you want to talk about how Penny treats Leonard, I'll be more than happy to engage, but as a separate  conversation.   The conversation for the quote was how Sheldon was a perfect boyfriend/husband, because he didn't cheat on Amy.  You're thoughts on that?  

Penny's not happy with her job, but I haven't seen her say anything (this year anyway) that indicates she's not happy.  Can you point out where?  

Zack is good, but as Penny points out, not intelligent enough, even for even her.  

The discussion is Leonard cheated on Penny but Sheldon never cheated on Amy, so Penny is involved. Watch S10E14 again, Penny herself will tell you why she was not happy.I thought Zack was good for Penny, so they were married, but then get a annulment, that was a pity.

• Like 1
  • Run to India 1
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

30 minutes ago, KripkeRules said:

The discussion is Leonard cheated on Penny but Sheldon never cheated on Amy, so Penny is involved. Watch S10E14 again, Penny herself will tell you why she was not happy.I thought Zack was good for Penny, so they were married, but then get a annulment, that was a pity.

(Insert Quirinus Quirrell gif here)

:fi_lone_ranger:

Edited by JE7
I thought you should know
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, KripkeRules said:

n_00463.gif.92d871a311f5a03c00d10b1cd9f892d8.gif

:scratchhead:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KripkeRules said:

The discussion is Leonard cheated on Penny but Sheldon never cheated on Amy, so Penny is involved. 

The discussing was a comparison between Sheldon and Leonard, not how Penny treats anyone.   

Watch S10E14 again, Penny herself will tell you why she was not happy.

Hmmmmmm.  My question was:  

but I haven't seen her say anything (this year anyway) that indicates she's not happy.  Can you point out where?  

Note the bold.  I ask about this year, can you point out where, THIS YEAR?

I thought Zack was good for Penny, so they were married, but then get a annulment, that was a pity.

Yeah, Penny didn't think so.  Look at her reaction to him (and her conversation with Leonard) in3.23,  Her comments to Bernadette and Amy in 4.10,  Her reactions in 4.11, and her reactions and comments in 7.09.  

• Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, JE7 said:

The boat kiss was specifically designed by TPTB to make Leonard look bad and to make Sheldon look superior in comparison. That was its sole purpose, so its not suprising that it gets brought up everytime someone wants to claim sheldons superiority as a boyfriend/husband or just a a general "fact" in the argument promoting sheldons status as a demi-god like peak of human development

Yes, this I agree. The writers really didn't give a shit about certain characters and certain couple. LMAO.

19 hours ago, Tensor said:

The discussing was a comparison between Sheldon and Leonard, not Penny.   

Hmmmmmm.  My question was:  

Note the bold.  I ask about this year, can you point out where, THIS YEAR?

Yeah, Penny didn't think so.  Look at her reaction to him (and her conversation with Leonard) in3.23,  Her comments to Bernadette and Amy in 4.10,  Her reactions in 4.11, and her reactions and comments in 7.09.  

S10E14 was aired this year, what, are you in 2018, now? 

4 minutes ago, KripkeRules said:

Yes, this I agree. The writers really didn't give a shit about certain characters and certain couple. LMAO.

S10E14 was aired this year, what, are you in 2018, now? 

This is season 11, not season 10.  But, OK, Can you point to anything This Season?  

When someone said Leonard cheated, you guys said that was not cheating. Or, that was the writers' fault. In the meantime, you said Sheldon treated Amy like dirt, but ignored that Penny treated Leonard not that so nice as well, I say watch S10E14, you wanted me to point out this season, man. You guys said it all. But anyway, I don't watch the show for them, so, whatever. 

• Like 3
  • Run to India 1

10 minutes ago, KripkeRules said:

When someone said Leonard cheated, you guys said that was not cheating. Or, that was the writers' fault. In the meantime, you said Sheldon treated Amy like dirt, but ignored that Penny treated Leonard not that so nice as well, I say watch S10E14, you wanted me to point out this season, man. You guys said it all. But anyway, I don't watch the show for them, so, whatever. 

Pls Don't leave the forum . Welcome . I like reading different opinions and some of the stuff you said i agree with

Edited by serena_1995
  • Like 3

Actually, I didn’t say it wasn’t cheating, nor did I say it was the writers fault.  In reaction to the comment about Sheldon being a Perfect Boyfriend, as he didn’t cheat.  I just pointed out that I would rather have a SO be involved in a drunken kiss, than have someone treat me bad on a continuing basis.   If you want to talk about how Penny treats Leonard , at times, I’ll be more than happy to discuss that with you, (although I mostly agree with you), but it has nothing to do a Sheldon/Leonard comparison, and indeed muddies the water.  Yes, I did say this season.  We can all go back to various seasons to find something.  Back in 9.01, Amy wasn’t happy with Sheldon, but that seems to have changed.  That’s why I asked about this season, Penny doesn’t seem to be unhappy this season, so you can’t use last season to prove a point about this season. 

As far as who can say what about who.  Say whatever you want about the show, the characters, or what you think about the work of the cast and staff, but be expected to be challenged, or refuted.   Just like you can challenge or refute, other posters comments.  The one big no no is don’t talk about other posters, or what you think they mean.  Our rules for posting can be found in the Site section.  

• Like 5

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic