[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know a lot of people here know of my medical problems.   For those who don't, I have trouble, at times, walking any kind of distance, say a block or two, without the aid of a cane.  Around the house

Hello guys,   I am so sorry, I promised a taping report but it was a crazy week and I didn't have time to write one. Here is what happened(I don't know if you already get any other repo

Hey guys! I’m sure somebody will give you a full TR so just wanted to share my overall impressions and BTS I thought the episode was just perfect and for those of you who don’t like Shamy - I fel

Posted Images

2 hours ago, mirs1 said:

The best man/maid of honour thing is something I never understood, TBH. In my Country we don't have those, we have two to four "witnesses", who sign the marriage certificate together with the bride and groom. Usually you choose them among close friends and family, with no particular attention to their gender. My father's witness was his older sister and my mother's witness was her brother, for example, and I assure you that my family is not really "progressive".

I wouldn't say it would be considered  "progressive" in america...but non-traditional, unconventional and not Hetero-normative would be  better words to describe a scenario if Sheldon's best man  is a woman and Amy's maid of honor is one of the guys. Traditionally MoH( and bridesmaids) are females and best man is a male chosen by the groom. These are duties based on traditional gender roles. Since  science doesn't necessarily have to differentiate  based on gender , so they could potentially get the best person for the job if they had applied whatever experiment they have on all characters,  not just the guys only or girls only. BUT Based on the current plot im just wondering how did howard get so many points.

Edited by serena_1995
  • It's a Tiara 1

23 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

I wouldn't say it would be considered  "progressive" in america...but non-traditional, unconventional and not Hetero-normative would be  better words to describe a scenario if Sheldon's best man  is a woman and Amy's maid of honor is one of the guys. Traditionally MoH( and bridesmaids) are females and best man is a male chosen by the groom. These are duties based on traditional gender roles. Since  science doesn't necessarily have to differentiate  based on gender , so they could potentially get the best person for the job if they had applied whatever experiment they have on all characters,  not just the guys only or girls only. BUT Based on the current plot im just wondering how did howard get so many points.

Well, if you speak specifically about Shamy, I would think that the best persons for the job in Amy's case are necessarily Penny or Bernie, because she has a very estranged relationship with the guys in the group (which is a pity indeed), with the possible exception of Howard, but it's just a couple of episodes, really, they don't seem very close. Maybe, in Sheldon's case, you could add Penny to the list, but frankly not Bernie...Anyway, it's a moot discussion, no matter what that board says, we all know that the final outcome, which is also the one that makes sense from "best person for the job" perspective, is that Leonard will be Sheldon's best man and Penny will be Amy's maid of honour. The only thing I'm looking forward to in the episode is the part about "Penny's real feelings towards Amy", all the rest might be funny (for some) but not exactly groundbreaking.

• Like 3
  • It's a Tiara 1

16 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Well, if you speak specifically about Shamy, I would think that the best persons for the job in Amy's case are necessarily Penny or Bernie, because she has a very estranged relationship with the guys in the group (which is a pity indeed), with the possible exception of Howard, but it's just a couple of episodes, really, they don't seem very close. Maybe, in Sheldon's case, you could add Penny to the list, but frankly not Bernie...Anyway, it's a moot discussion, no matter what that board says, we all know that the final outcome, which is also the one that makes sense from "best person for the job" perspective, is that Leonard will be Sheldon's best man and Penny will be Amy's maid of honour. The only thing I'm looking forward to in the episode is the part about "Penny's real feelings towards Amy", all the rest might be funny (for some) but not exactly groundbreaking.

I just saw one promo photo, I didn't know that they made the final decision??  Penny and Raj both got 30 points, so clearly they were the best choices. If Penny's true feelings about Amy was she hates her, that would be okay, because I'd like to see Missy again. She and Raj would make a cute couple.

• Like 2
  • Run to India 1

4 minutes ago, KripkeRules said:

I just saw one promo photo, I didn't know that they made the final decision??  Penny and Raj both got 30 points, so clearly they were the best choices. If Penny's true feelings about Amy was she hates her, that would be okay, because I'd like to see Missy again. She and Raj would make a cute couple.

Oh, I don't know either, it's just common sense, considering what the show has said for 11 years.

BTW, as much as I like the actress playing Missy in Young Sheldon, I hated her older version, so I would be ok in never seeing her again!

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

While Cheating is bad it does not mean that person is evil or is automatically a bad Partner for life.  It a personal flaw.

If a Man cheats on his Wife (or if a Women cheat on her husband)  once in 30 years that doe does not make him a bad Husband but he did make a very bad mistake and broke his vows. same with the Wife who cheats on a husband only once in their 30 Year Marriage. No one is perfect and we are all humans who make mistakes!

However, if a Man cheats on his wife  20 times over the course of their 30-year Marriage than yes that a bad husband! There no excuse for that kind of  serial cheating  

I left my viola on the bus once. That was a mistake. I once told the dentist's nurse she was reminding me of an appointment I'd never made, and then I found the appointment card in my handbag.  Another mistake.  It's an interesting suggestion that adultery is a mistake. Is the mistake thinking the other person won't find out ? ( sarcasm) I know five people whose lives were set on a different path from their childhood onwards because their dads ( two of them ) mistakenly thought their mums couldn't be hurt because they'd never know.  I'm glad TBBT doesn't quite go there. We see three (nearly) marriages all coming from different places, but all with love based on something and somehow ticking along with no disloyalty so far. I do hope we never see it. 

I agree relationships of various kinds, including marriage, can be healed after betrayal. People can regret their actions and be forgiven. Regret and guilt can teach someone never to repeat a bad action.  They might even become better spouses,friends, relatives etc forever afterwards. And life can go on with friendships, marriages, families and so on getting back on an even keel after breach of trust, but what can happen doesn't always happen and not something a sensible person would risk.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KripkeRules said:

Missy and Raj ? Missy is married, possibly to a disabled husband ( we never heard whether or not he got over his accident, only that he was too injured to attend the birth of their first child ) and she is a mother. She's too tall for Raj anyway.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Missy and Raj ? Missy is married, possibly to a disabled husband ( we never heard whether or not he got over his accident, only that he was too injured to attend the birth of their first child ) and she is a mother. She's too tall for Raj anyway.

Agree with you except the tall thing. It is not a rule for not falling in love with someone ;)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Tensor said:

No, he just treats her like dirt on a continuing basis.  I'd much rather have my SO engage in a one time drunken kiss, than have her treat me terribly over and over again.

Treats her like dirt??? Huh? I'm pretty sure that's in the past. From what I've been watching he treats her as his princess. In seasons 5,6,7 & 8 he did and that's what led to them breaking up, but he changed in order to get her back and keep her. If he treats anyone like dirt it's Leonard and I'm not a huge fan of that either.

I'm just going to say this. No couple on the show is perfect. NOT ONE. They all have their problems and shortcomings, but I feel as though no one notices that. Everyone tries to defend their favourite characters by attacking another. Yes I have done it too. And I regret doing so after thinking it over. 

I may have one specific couple that I lean towards in liking , but really I enjoy watching all of the main characters. To me the only characters that need to be criticised are the side characters, like Alex (Sheldon's assistant, who has disappeared out of thin air), Lucy (I never liked her, there's just something about her), Ramona (for obvious reasons), and any other characters, who have threatened to mess around with the guys and girls (and I also don't like Doctor Lorvis from season 8 either).

And in the end, I tend to look at The Big Bang Theory like this: The first eight seasons were about Leonard and Penny and their progression into a new married couple and how they overcame everything to still be together and Seasons 9,10, and 11 are about the progression of Sheldon and Amy and their progression into a married couple and sure maybe one of these journeys certain people are displeased with but I think that both journeys should be celebrated. Sheldon treats Amy like his Princess or Queen depending on how you want to look at it and Leonard treats Penny the same way. 

Both couples are in love, we all see it differently, depending on which couple we like better. In the end we are all friends and we are all passionate about discussing this show and how it somehow always drags us back in. And that makes me feel happy ☺️

But I have a weird feeling Season 12 is going to turn out exactly like Season 9 but in a different way. In Season, for the first half anyway, and for the majority of the early seasons, Sheldon was Leonard and Penny's baby (figuratively speaking), while Howard and Bernadette had an actual baby. I feel like in Season 12, Shamy will move out of that apartment and find a house that will probably end up being Howard and Bernadette's neighbors because that's something that I know the writers would do. And while Leonard and Penny are trying for a baby (however with the writing favouritism these days it will probably be Sheldon and Amy having a baby, which is ugh, I want Leonard and Penny to have a baby first btw), and Raj will end up living with Shamy because he went through a hard breakup and had the same experience as Sheldon because as we all know writers love bringing up past stories.

Anyway happy episode day, for half of us it will be one of our favourites, for the other half not so much, but I hope that the rest of the season is at least 50/50 when it comes to stories for Shamy and Lenny.

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, spidergirl said:

Agree with you except the tall thing. It is not a rule for not falling in love with someone ;)

Really ? I never fancied a bloke who was shorter than me. Never went out with one. Never even willingly danced with one.  I had to, most unfairly, in 'olde-tyme' lessons at school before the boys put on their growth spurt at fourteen or fifteen. Short men are too bad-tempered for me.

• Run to India 1
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

37 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Really ? I never fancied a bloke who was shorter than me. Never went out with one. Never even willingly danced with one.  I had to, most unfairly, in 'olde-tyme' lessons at school before the boys put on their growth spurt at fourteen or fifteen. Short men are too bad-tempered for me.

I see. Imo it is not a thing we choose to control about but surely we all have a type. :)

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

And this claim is based on what findings exactly? :scratchhead:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, joyceraye said:

I left my viola on the bus once. That was a mistake. I once told the dentist's nurse she was reminding me of an appointment I'd never made, and then I found the appointment card in my handbag.  Another mistake.  It's an interesting suggestion that adultery is a mistake. Is the mistake thinking the other person won't find out ? ( sarcasm) I know five people whose lives were set on a different path from their childhood onwards because their dads ( two of them ) mistakenly thought their mums couldn't be hurt because they'd never know.  I'm glad TBBT doesn't quite go there. We see three (nearly) marriages all coming from different places, but all with love based on something and somehow ticking along with no disloyalty so far. I do hope we never see it. 

I agree relationships of various kinds, including marriage, can be healed after betrayal. People can regret their actions and be forgiven. Regret and guilt can teach someone never to repeat a bad action.  They might even become better spouses,friends, relatives etc forever afterwards. And life can go on with friendships, marriages, families and so on getting back on an even keel after breach of trust, but what can happen doesn't always happen and not something a sensible person would risk.

A great thing about this post?  We now know you play viola!!!!  How long have you played?  Do you play in an organized ensemble???  I am a lapsed trumpet player and have taken to carrying around my mouthpiece in order to reestablish my embouchure.....

• It's a Tiara 1

6 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

A great thing about this post?  We now know you play viola!!!!  How long have you played?  Do you play in an organized ensemble???  I am a lapsed trumpet player and have taken to carrying around my mouthpiece in order to reestablish my embouchure.....

I used to play in an organised amateur orchestra. It was organised by staff at a local technical college who played among themselves, just as Leslie Winkle and Leonard et al did, and then expanded to take in all levels of musicians as part of a training orchestra. We used to rehearse weekly and then give concerts at old folks' homes, hospitals,handicapped centres and so on, and at churches who were fundraising for good causes in their communities etc. It was fun because these places would often make a day or an evening of it and we'd be served with smashing refreshments or even asked to a party. Once we were invited to play at Chatsworth House in front of H.M. The Queen Mother.

I haven't played for years. I'd almost forgotten about it. The college got absorbed into another institution and the buildings pulled down. The staff dispersed, or retired and grew old or vice versa. I must look on the website and see if the orchestra is still going. They might have stayed together and the people I thought old a couple of decades ago might not be as elderly as I used to think.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

I used to play in an organised amateur orchestra. It was organised by staff at a local technical college who played among themselves, just as Leslie Winkle and Leonard et al did, and then expanded to take in all levels of musicians as part of a training orchestra. We used to rehearse weekly and then give concerts at old folks' homes, hospitals,handicapped centres and so on, and at churches who were fundraising for good causes in their communities etc. It was fun because these places would often make a day or an evening of it and we'd be served with smashing refreshments or even asked to a party. Once we were invited to play at Chatsworth House in front of H.M. The Queen Mother.

I haven't played for years. I'd almost forgotten about it. The college got absorbed into another institution and the buildings pulled down. The staff dispersed, or retired and grew old or vice versa. I must look on the website and see if the orchestra is still going. They might have stayed together and the people I thought old a couple of decades ago might not be as elderly as I used to think.

That is a lovely story.  If you get out your viola, I will definitely continue with my trumpet!!!  Cheers my fellow musician!!!

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

I've got two friends who play viola and know all the jokes about viola players....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Personal observation mainly.

Which means you cannot make this claim. You can say that the short men you have known were too bad tempered for you but not that all short men are bad tempered. I know some short men who are not bad tempered and I'm sure there are more.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, bfm said:

Which means you cannot make this claim. You can say that the short men you have known were too bad tempered for you but not that all short men are bad tempered. I know some short men who are not bad tempered and I'm sure there are more.

I know some too. That's no a rule, maybe more an assumption though.

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, JE7 said:

The boat kiss was specifically designed by TPTB to make Leonard look bad and to make Sheldon look superior in comparison. That was its sole purpose,...

Is this not just guess work? My guess is that the writers just wanted to create tension for a season cliff hanger and they were not thinking about that other stuff. Either way I don't like that sort of retroactive cheat writing.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

Well, I don't disagree there. he can be an a** sometimes but will be better husband than Sheldon

Maybe but I didn't think that was the question.

19 hours ago, Tonstar17 said:

No disrespect to you. But I think Raj will be a better husband than Sheldon.

Again whether he will be better than Sheldon isn't my point. The point is will he be a good husband. I'm not sure he would. I was not intending to compare all the husbands when I started. I was right though. I said everyone would bring up Sheldon, and that is what is happening, which is interesting.

14 hours ago, Carlos said:

I agree with you almost 100 %except for the fact that for me the end of creative and funny on a regular basis was end of S7.

Totally, yes, but they weren't going to end the contract early. I never expected them to do that. I expected them to go through ten. I just wish they hadn't extended.

13 hours ago, legacy99 said:

If your considering the north sea kiss cheating then i would have to assume sheldon cheated too in season 10

I still say no. She kissed him and the expression on his face, eyes wide open and stunned, showed me that it was totally unexpected and unwelcome. He can be a total asshat, but Sheldon does not want to be kissed or touched by anyone but Amy and it was an effort for him to get used to Amy doing it.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Maybe but I didn't think that was the question.

Again whether he will be better than Sheldon isn't my point. The point is will he be a good husband. I'm not sure he would. I was not intending to compare all the husbands when I started. I was right though. I said everyone would bring up Sheldon, and that is what is happening, which is interesting.

It's always been like this. Sheldon sells and even the people who don't like him spend more time talking about him and his relationship than their favourite characters.

So if you look at how the people who are supposed to be shippers behave, it's no surprise that the writers don't give a shit about Lenny and it's all Sheldon/Shamy. They will go where there's material to mine and money to be made.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

7 hours ago, KripkeRules said:

I'd like to see Missy again. She and Raj would make a cute couple.

Missy isn't going to suddenly leave her husband for Raj, especially since there are kids involved.

2 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

I sold my alto sax. I wish I hadn't. We could have an orchestra.

• Like 1

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic