[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know a lot of people here know of my medical problems.   For those who don't, I have trouble, at times, walking any kind of distance, say a block or two, without the aid of a cane.  Around the house

Hello guys,   I am so sorry, I promised a taping report but it was a crazy week and I didn't have time to write one. Here is what happened(I don't know if you already get any other repo

Hey guys! I’m sure somebody will give you a full TR so just wanted to share my overall impressions and BTS I thought the episode was just perfect and for those of you who don’t like Shamy - I fel

Posted Images

6 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Really ? I never fancied a bloke who was shorter than me. Never went out with one. Never even willingly danced with one.  I had to, most unfairly, in 'olde-tyme' lessons at school before the boys put on their growth spurt at fourteen or fifteen. Short men are too bad-tempered for me.

The first bit of that is fair enough but I don't understand the bold part. I have never noticed stature being related to temper.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Chrismo said:

At least when Sheldon cheated it was on screen.

Actually, I prefer that we got to see Ramona kissed Sheldon first hand, so everyone knew it was Ramona who kissed Sheldon by surprise, it was just a peck, he didn't kiss her back, and just shocked with the big round eyes.    On the other hand, since we didn't see the Leonard and Mandy kiss, so we didn't know who initiated the kiss, whether Leonard enjoyed it or not, and it couldn't be a peck because Leonard said Mandy smelled and he chipped her tooth. So people's imagination could go wild here.

So, I think I can say thank you writers for letting us see Ramona kissed Sheldon on screen.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JE7 said:

The boat kiss was specifically designed by TPTB to make Leonard look bad and to make Sheldon look superior in comparison. That was its sole purpose, so its not suprising that it gets brought up everytime someone wants to claim sheldons superiority as a boyfriend/husband or just a a general "fact" in the argument promoting sheldons status as a demi-god like peak of human development

giphy(22).gif

Who knows. An argument could be made that the ShelRam was worse than the boat kiss. Firstly, no one saw it. We just have a memory from a drunk Leonard. I know some right now are going to say it's no excuse but then you really can't use the excuse with Sheldon that he had no idea what was going on. Secondly, Leonard was alone on the boat with no one to stop if from what he was doing. Sheldon had friends telling him what was going and he ignored them

12 minutes ago, KripkeRules said:

Actually, I prefer that we got to see Ramona kissed Sheldon first hand, so everyone knew it was Ramona who kissed Sheldon by surprise, it was just a peck, he didn't kiss her back, and just shocked with the big round eyes.    On the other hand, since we didn't see the Leonard and Mandy kiss, so we didn't know who initiated the kiss, whether Leonard enjoyed it or not, and it couldn't be a peck because Leonard said Mandy smelled and he chipped her tooth. So people's imagination could go wild here.

So, I think I can say thank you writers for letting us see Ramona kissed Sheldon on screen.

See above. Ramona may have kissed him but Sheldon didn't say no to her advances.

Edited by Chrismo
  • Like 2
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

6 hours ago, BobtheBlob said:

Treats her like dirt??? Huh? I'm pretty sure that's in the past. From what I've been watching he treats her as his princess. In seasons 5,6,7 & 8 he did and that's what led to them breaking up, but he changed in order to get her back and keep her. 

Well, my  comment was a reponse to a reference about Leonard cheating.  Something that happened between season six and seven.  Would you say that is in the past?  And if so, what is the difference between referring to that episode, and back when Sheldon treated Amy bad?   

Did he really though?   In 9.23, after getting back with her, he blew off going shopping with her, to go to a movie with the guys (and just so you know I notice, yes Howard and Leonard blew off Penny and Bernadette to go see a movie, leaving them to work).  They showed that last night and I was struck by how similar his actions were to 5.19 when he blew off going to Amy's aunt's birthday party, to play an online game with the guys.  Now, there have also been quite a few comments, from Shamys about how bad he has treated her this year, so I'm not sure it's in the past quite yet, although he has gotten better.   

I'm just going to say this. No couple on the show is perfect. NOT ONE. They all have their problems and shortcomings, but I feel as though no one notices that. Everyone tries to defend their favourite characters by attacking another. Yes I have done it too. And I regret doing so after thinking it over

Is it attacking, or is it pointing out those things you say no one notices?   

I may have one specific couple that I lean towards in liking , but really I enjoy watching all of the main characters. To me the only characters that need to be criticised are the side characters, like Alex (Sheldon's assistant, who has disappeared out of thin air), Lucy (I never liked her, there's just something about her), Ramona (for obvious reasons), and any other characters, who have threatened to mess around with the guys and girls (and I also don't like Doctor Lorvis from season 8 either).

And that's fine if you want to criticize those characters, just like it's fine for others to criticize characters they don't like.  As we say, feel free to refute those points or make points of your own (and yes, pointing out those things no one notices is a valid point).  

And in the end, I tend to look at The Big Bang Theory like this: The first eight seasons were about Leonard and Penny and their progression into a new married couple and how they overcame everything to still be together and Seasons 9,10, and 11 are about the progression of Sheldon and Amy and their progression into a married couple and sure maybe one of these journeys certain people are displeased with but I think that both journeys should be celebrated. Sheldon treats Amy like his Princess or Queen depending on how you want to look at it and Leonard treats Penny the same way. 

See this is where we may disagree.  First eight seasons?   You mean like season four and five, when Leonard was dating Priya?  Or seasons one through four when Sheldon and Penny had more screen time alone than Leonard and Penny (almost two to three times the screen time in some of those years).  Even in season three, when Leonard and Penny were together, you had Leonard and Penny onscreen along, for 25 minutes and Sheldon and Penny onscreen alone for 44 minutes.  how about season 8 when Shamy had twice the screen time that Lenny did, along with Penny and Sheldon having more screen time than Leonard and Penny through the first 23 episodes?  Those years?  Hell, even in season six, arguably the top Lenny year, Shamy had almost 10 minutes more alone screen time than Lenny (44-34).  So, you can see where I might not understand how seasons 1-8 are more about Lenny.   If you wish, can find the various season times in this thread or overall time in this post

Both couples are in love, we all see it differently, depending on which couple we like better. In the end we are all friends and we are all passionate about discussing this show and how it somehow always drags us back in. And that makes me feel happy ☺️

Oh, me too.  I like the back and forth (you see it in this post).  

But I have a weird feeling Season 12 is going to turn out exactly like Season 9 but in a different way. In Season, for the first half anyway, and for the majority of the early seasons, Sheldon was Leonard and Penny's baby (figuratively speaking), while Howard and Bernadette had an actual baby. I feel like in Season 12, Shamy will move out of that apartment and find a house that will probably end up being Howard and Bernadette's neighbors because that's something that I know the writers would do. And while Leonard and Penny are trying for a baby (however with the writing favouritism these days it will probably be Sheldon and Amy having a baby, which is ugh, I want Leonard and Penny to have a baby first btw), and Raj will end up living with Shamy because he went through a hard breakup and had the same experience as Sheldon because as we all know writers love bringing up past stories.

I can't see them moving out, at this point.  Somewhere around season 8, I mention the possibility of both couples moving out (buying houses next to each other), simply because it would have been cost effective to replace the sets for another four years (I assumed the show would go one for more than ten, based on the then current ratings), and Lenny was engaged).  But, then they couldn't even move them out after they got married and at this point, it would be financial folly to replace the sets for, at most, two years and more than likely one.  

Anyway happy episode day, for half of us it will be one of our favourites, for the other half not so much, but I hope that the rest of the season is at least 50/50 when it comes to stories for Shamy and Lenny.

The first couple of episodes  encouraged me, and made me excited for the rest of the year.  The last few, not so much, and there is really only one thing keeping me going right now.  

2 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Sheldon had friends telling him what was going and he ignored them

Not true. He did not believe them. He strait out asked Ramona. The kiss was her answer. His response was to get up and leave. As far as the reactions to all this what maters is how Penny reacted and how Amy reacted.

• Like 1

Just now, djsurrey said:

Not true. He did not believe them. He strait out asked Ramona. The kiss was her answer. His response was to get up and leave. As far as the reactions to all this what maters is how Penny reacted and how Amy reacted.

Him not believing isn't an excuse. He didn't ask Ramona about the advance till the END of the episode.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

Yep, they both continued on with the relationship.  Penny getting married to Leonard, Amy accepting Sheldon's proposal.  

• Like 3

Maybe amy is more disparate

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

That is a lovely story.  If you get out your viola, I will definitely continue with my trumpet!!!  Cheers my fellow musician!!!

Isn't the trumpet one of Dr Bialik's instruments ?

2 hours ago, bfm said:

Which means you cannot make this claim. You can say that the short men you have known were too bad tempered for you but not that all short men are bad tempered. I know some short men who are not bad tempered and I'm sure there are more.

I suppose I should have used the past tense. It's entirely possible the new generation of men don't let such things affect their temper, or perhaps they don't have to get belligerent because they don't get picked on these days ?

10 hours ago, serena_1995 said:

I wouldn't say it would be considered  "progressive" in america...but non-traditional, unconventional and not Hetero-normative would be  better words to describe a scenario if Sheldon's best man  is a woman and Amy's maid of honor is one of the guys. Traditionally MoH( and bridesmaids) are females and best man is a male chosen by the groom. These are duties based on traditional gender roles. Since  science doesn't necessarily have to differentiate  based on gender , so they could potentially get the best person for the job if they had applied whatever experiment they have on all characters,  not just the guys only or girls only. BUT Based on the current plot im just wondering how did howard get so many points.

10 hours ago, mirs1 said:

Well, if you speak specifically about Shamy, I would think that the best persons for the job in Amy's case are necessarily Penny or Bernie, because she has a very estranged relationship with the guys in the group (which is a pity indeed), with the possible exception of Howard, but it's just a couple of episodes, really, they don't seem very close. Maybe, in Sheldon's case, you could add Penny to the list, but frankly not Bernie...Anyway, it's a moot discussion, no matter what that board says, we all know that the final outcome, which is also the one that makes sense from "best person for the job" perspective, is that Leonard will be Sheldon's best man and Penny will be Amy's maid of honour. The only thing I'm looking forward to in the episode is the part about "Penny's real feelings towards Amy", all the rest might be funny (for some) but not exactly groundbreaking.

I take it back...I've just watched some promo pics for 11.12, Shamy are considering all their friends as possible best man/woman and Maid/gentleman of honour. Pretty sure the final outcome is Lenny, though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I take it back...I've just watched some promo pics for 11.12, Shamy are considering all their friends as possible best man/woman and Maid/gentleman of honour. Pretty sure the final outcome is Lenny, though.

A whole storyline on who their going to pick. JMO what a waste of time.

• Like 4
  • Run to India 1

3 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

A whole storyline on who their going to pick. JMO what a waste of time.

Oh, I 100% agree  this will be a filler episode...A filler episode I will likely enjoy very much, but nonetheless a filler episode.

• Like 1
  • Koala Face 1

16 hours ago, Chiany said:

No he will never be a good boyfriend, because he is the perfect boyfriend.

Amy agrees:-

Penny: Sure, I get that. I mean, he’s your first boyfriend and all.

Amy: Not just my first boyfriend, he’s the best boyfriend. I mean, think about it. I’m dating Sheldon Cooper.

Also, she's loves his eidetic memory.

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • It's a Tiara 1

15 hours ago, legacy99 said:

I really don't know why Leonard liked Sheldon for the 10 seasons

Allow me to remind you:-

Leonard: You know what, Sheldon is the smartest person I have ever met. And he’s a little broken and he needs me. I guess I need him, too.

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Amy agrees:-

Penny: Sure, I get that. I mean, he’s your first boyfriend and all.

Amy: Not just my first boyfriend, he’s the best boyfriend. I mean, think about it. I’m dating Sheldon Cooper.

Amy is kind of delushional, since she has no experience with actual boyfriends. All she had prior to Shelly was Gerard.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Run to India 1

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic