[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

8 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

That was really countered with Priya sleeping with her ex.

Except that, at the time he made out with Alice (and yes, I agree, she was cute, and indeed, incredibly hot :heat: ), he didn't know Priya had slept with her ex.

The best you can say, is that Leonard lucked out.

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know a lot of people here know of my medical problems.   For those who don't, I have trouble, at times, walking any kind of distance, say a block or two, without the aid of a cane.  Around the house

Hello guys,   I am so sorry, I promised a taping report but it was a crazy week and I didn't have time to write one. Here is what happened(I don't know if you already get any other repo

Hey guys! I’m sure somebody will give you a full TR so just wanted to share my overall impressions and BTS I thought the episode was just perfect and for those of you who don’t like Shamy - I fel

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Except that, at the time he made out with Alice (and yes, I agree, she was cute, and indeed, incredibly hot :heat: ), he didn't know Priya had slept with her ex.

The best you can say, is that Leonard lucked out.

He knew in his heart that the thing with Priya was over. He was in denial.

• Like 6

Totally agree with this. That was also what tptb were getting at. They made it so obivous that he was in denial that the relationship was done. Deep down Leonard also knew it as well.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Maybe the boat kiss (or was it kissing?) wasn't cheating, but keeping quiet about it for two years, wasn't very smart.

It made him look guilty.

That, plus Penny knowing he's made out with one girl, while involved with another, doesn't do him any favours.

No, I agree. It did not do him any favors.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, joyceraye said:

The big difference to me is in the minds of the two men. Leonard had a conscience about the kiss with Mandy.  Whether or not anyone else would take an incident like that seriously wasn't relevant and still isn't. Although Mandy herself hadn't given it another thought, Leonard spoke about it as if he was unburdening himself of something he'd done wrong and Penny reacted to the revelation as if it were a confession. It doesn't matter how anybody else regards it. Our opinion wouldn't make a difference to them.

Sheldon, on the other hand, apparently had no misgivings. Even if he asked himself if he was to blame in any way, such as wondering whether he'd led Ramona on, we'll never know.  According to what he said, all Ramona's kiss meant to him was confirmation of what we knew he'd been thinking about for years.  It doesn't  matter  that  his story of a sudden realisation  from nowhere   - that he wanted to kiss only Amy for the rest of his life and therefore he should propose  - doesn't make sense in the light of at least the previous  two years. We saw his response, which  was to leave the situation and get on a plane.  Amy's worries about whether Ramona could take him from her melted away. She didn't even ask for details. I can't believe she wouldn't have wanted to know more, but so far as we were shown she had the sense not to open that box. She didn't want to spoil what she'd been cooling her jets for. Sheldon put a positive spin on the conversation and kiss in his mind and used that.  Amy was ' magnanimous in victory' to Ramona.  Objectivity over who did or did not 'cheat'  with whom is of no consequence.

Again you're bringing points that are not necessarily relevant. Leonard felt bad about it , but not, IMO, because he had done anything wrong, but because he felt bad that it had even happened. As presented by TPTB, and we will never know exactly what happened because they decided not to show it, he appears to have been an innocent bystander. He felt bad because he's a good guy.

The fact that Sheldon didn't feel bad about the whole thing doesn't necessarily mean he's a better person than Leonard. Actually IMO, it just means he's an ass, because his friends had told him that something like what happened could have, and he decided to spend time alone with Ramona anyway. Also IMO it is a little bit sad that it took Sheldon a kiss from another woman to make him propose to Amy, but that is just a matter of personal preference as far as story-telling goes.

• Like 2

On 12/16/2017 at 7:46 PM, Carlos said:

Again you're bringing points that are not necessarily relevant. Leonard felt bad about it , but not, IMO, because he had done anything wrong, but because he felt bad that it had even happened. As presented by TPTB, and we will never know exactly what happened because they decided not to show it, he appears to have been an innocent bystander. He felt bad because he's a good guy.

The fact that Sheldon didn't feel bad about the whole thing doesn't necessarily mean he's a better person than Leonard. Actually IMO, it just means he's an ass, because his friends had told him that something like what happened could have, and he decided to spend time alone with Ramona anyway. Also IMO it is a little bit sad that it took Sheldon a kiss from another woman to make him propose to Amy, but that is just a matter of personal preference as far as story-telling goes.

Leonard felt bad about it two years later, on the way to his wedding. Continued to work with the woman.

Sheldon didn't feel bad, he felt disgusted and left.  His girlfriend knew about it within 24 hours. He misread a situation and rectified it ASAP.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Leonard felt bad about it two years later, on the way to his wedding. Continued to work with the woman.
Sheldon didn't feel bad, he felt disgusted and left.  His girlfriend knew about it withing 24 hours. He misread a situation and rectified it ASAP.
But hey, Leonard good, Sheldon bad. same old song, different day. 
I guess you might know more about what happened on the ship than the rest of us but i sure would rather hear it from tptb. As for sheldon and it's jmo but i thing he knew he did something wrong and panicked

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

I guess you might know more about what happened on the ship than the rest of us but i sure would rather hear it from tptb. As for sheldon and it's jmo but i thing he knew he did something wrong and panicked

I didn't comment on what happened to Leonard happened on the ship.  I commented on what happened after.

• Like 1

I didn't comment on what happened to Leonard happened on the ship.  I commented on what happened after.
Your right an I'm sorry but i still think sheldon panicked

2 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

Your right an I'm sorry but i still think sheldon panicked

I agree that he panicked but not (in my opinion) that he did something wrong.  He refused to listen the the advice from his friends about Ramona and found himself in a comprising situation, which caused him to immediately fly cross country to his girlfriend. 

• Like 3

I agree that he panicked but not (in my opinion) that he did something wrong.  He refused to listen the the advice from his friends about Ramona and found himself in a comprising situation, which caused him to immediately fly cross country to his girlfriend. 
I don't believe he flew across the country without planning became he didn't feel guilty

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gsxdoug said:

It seemed to me that Priya never took leonard seriously when he said he'd get a job in "New Delhi" to be with her. And had he thought it through? If he hasn't got tenure on his home ground, what are his chances of getting a post where he knows no-one? And the pollution in Delhi isn't new this year - how long would Leonard and his inhaler last there?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

I don't believe he flew across the country without planning became he didn't feel guilty

Guilty about what? 

Kissing Ramona. Imo right or wrong he felt guilty otherwise sheldon would have never gotten on that plane and flown to new jersey

He didn't kiss Ramona

Edited by vonmar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kissing Ramona. Imo right or wrong he felt guilty otherwise sheldon would have never gotten on that plane and flown to new jersey

He didn't kiss Ramona.  She kissed him while he was still talking.  And in the premier, he said himself what happened and why he did what he did.  In that moment, he knew Amy was the only one he ever wanted to kiss.  So with his actions of walking out the door, he told Ramona an emphatic no.  And flew to his girlfriend to make his relationship a little more permanent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vonmar said:

Correction, he didn't work with the woman.  A marine biologist would not be working with a physicist at Cal Tech.   It's like saying my wife should be worried because someone I once had a relationship with works in the same building I do.  I would see her about once a day, usually coming in or leaving the building.  

Sheldon didn't feel bad, he felt disgusted and left.  

Where exactly does he say he felt disgusted?   

BTW, I don't think Sheldon did anything wrong. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, legacy99 said:

Did i miss something i sure she didn't blow a kiss at him

She kissed him.  He did not return it.  What he was doing was not puckering.  She got him in the middle of the word "relationship" right as he was saying the "sh" sound.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

She kissed him.  He did not return it.  What he was doing was not puckering.  She got him in the middle of the word "relationship" right as he was saying the "sh" sound.  
I agree he did nothing wrong but to me when both their lips touch their both kissing

Did i miss something i sure she didn't blow a kiss at him

He was kissed.  He didn't kiss anyone. He ran off.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, vonmar said:

He was kissed.  He didn't kiss anyone. He ran off.  

Like a little baby boy. He wasn't man enough to tell her he was leaving and ask her to leave his office,

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Correction, he didn't work with the woman.  A marine biologist would not be working with a physicist at Cal Tech.   It's like saying my wife should be worried because someone I once had a relationship with works in the same building I do.  I would see her about once a day, usually coming in or leaving the building.  

Where exactly does he say he felt disgusted?   

BTW, I don't think Sheldon did anything wrong. 

In The Separation Oscillation (9x2) she is still working at CalTech when Leonard approaches her in the cafeteria.  Wouldn't they have worked together at some point post North Sea Trip? 

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic