[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, vonmar said:

In The Separation Oscillation (9x2) she is still working at CalTech when Leonard approaches her in the cafeteria.  Wouldn't they have worked together at some point post North Sea Trip? 

No, they are in two totally different fields of study. 

• Like 1

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know a lot of people here know of my medical problems.   For those who don't, I have trouble, at times, walking any kind of distance, say a block or two, without the aid of a cane.  Around the house

Hello guys,   I am so sorry, I promised a taping report but it was a crazy week and I didn't have time to write one. Here is what happened(I don't know if you already get any other repo

Hey guys! I’m sure somebody will give you a full TR so just wanted to share my overall impressions and BTS I thought the episode was just perfect and for those of you who don’t like Shamy - I fel

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, vonmar said:

In The Separation Oscillation (9x2) she is still working at CalTech when Leonard approaches her in the cafeteria.  Wouldn't they have worked together at some point post North Sea Trip? 

Not that I can see.  They wouldn't have even worked together on the North Sea.  The reasons for having a marine biologist on the ship (identification of species, separate research mission, that's about it)  would have nothing to do with anything Leonard was working on (he would in the data gathering department).  He more than likely (along with all her other shipboard acquaintances), simply met her during social gatherings, parties, meals, aboard the ship, and simply seen her in the hallways and or the cafeteria at Cal Tech.    

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tensor said:

Not that I can see.  They wouldn't have even worked together on the North Sea.  The reasons for having a marine biologist on the ship (identification of species, separate research mission, that's about it)  would have nothing to do with anything Leonard was working on (he would in the data gathering department).  He more than likely (along with all her other shipboard acquaintances), simply met her during social gatherings, parties, meals, aboard the ship.    

You're speculating, as am I. 

• Like 1

I'll speculate the whole ship board kiss was to make leonard look bad and to diminish lenny as a couple so that tptb could push shamy to the forefront

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 6
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, legacy99 said:

Kissing Ramona. Imo right or wrong he felt guilty otherwise sheldon would have never gotten on that plane and flown to new jersey

I don think he felt guilty at all. In my opinion this was hit home by what Sheldon did on the plane. When Sheldon feels guilt he has nightmares of Gorns and similar things. In this case he was chuckling watching SpongeBob.

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Not really.   According to the Cal Tech website, the only interdisciplinary work that goes on with Marine Biology is in the Environmental Science and Engineering program.   That  includes Geology, Chemistry, and Engineering.   So while she may work with Bert or Howard (and that's iffy as he's a astronautical engineer), she would not work with Leonard, Raj, or Sheldon.  

• Like 3

I don think he felt guilty at all. In my opinion this was hit home by what Sheldon did on the plane. When Sheldon feels guilt he has nightmares of Gorns and similar things. In this case he was chuckling watching SpongeBob.

I guess he hadn't gone tp sleep yet

Just now, legacy99 said:

I guess he hadn't gone tp sleep yet

But yet the writers could have had him sleep on the long flight if they intended to show he felt guilty.

But yet the writers could have had him sleep on the long flight if they intended to show he felt guilty.
I thought sheldon took trains because he was afraid of planes

Just now, legacy99 said:

I thought sheldon took trains because he was afraid of planes

Apparently he felt the need to get where he was going quickly and it was important enough to suppress his fear.

• Like 1

Apparently he felt the need to get where he was going quickly and it was important enough to suppress his fear.
I don't think being afraid of flying would make it easy to take a nap on the plane

• Like 1

He showed no fear at all on this flight.

So he not only overcame his fear of flying just like that but he actually enjoyed it. Damm that sheldon is one amazing guy i hope you realize I'm not serious about any of this but I'm enjoying it

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

So he not only overcame his fear of flying just like that but he actually enjoyed it. Damm that sheldon is one amazing guy i hope you realize I'm not serious about any of this but I'm enjoying it

Glad  you are amused.

Looks like Love overcomes much and even in Sheldon Cooper of all people. :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 1

So I've seen some people here and on youtube comments speculate that Amy will get pregnant having sex at the Wolowitz's. I apologize to those who want this to happen but I think that would be a very bad idea. Not only will it be a giant spit in Lennys' faces but also I really don't think it will be a good time for them, especially Sheldon. Sure if it happens the writers will make Sheldon father of the year but I think warming up and learning how it is in a more paced way will be much better for the character. (This is not to say that Amy wil be a flawless parent, no one is, but Sheldon usually needs to take things more slowly and gradually)

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, bfm said:

So I've seen some people here and on youtube comments speculate that Amy will get pregnant having sex at the Wolowitz's. I apologize to those who want this to happen but I think that would be a very bad idea. Not only will it be a giant spit in Lennys' faces but also I really don't think it will be a good time for them, especially Sheldon. Sure if it happens the writers will make Sheldon father of the year but I think warming up and learning how it is in a more paced way will be much better for the character. (This is not to say that Amy wil be a flawless parent, no one is, but Sheldon usually needs to take things more slowly and gradually)

It would be a bad idea also for me, not really for the reasons you stated, because, as you said, once the writers decide a couple in the group is "ready" for a baby, they have a baby, regardless from how they were written before. My main objection is a logistic one. Howardette had a baby after they got a bigger and fully restyled house. Shamy are still living in a one-bedroom apartment and, quite frankly, I don't see any change in 4A-4B dyad up to the end of the show (unless we hear the will go beyond S. 12). So, to me, the most likely thing is that, if indeed Shamy have a baby, they will simply switch apartment with Lenny, and I would hate that. Anyway, the logistic is exactly what makes me hopeful that this plot will not happen, Shamy don't have a big enough apartment for a baby. Full disclosure, I'm not very fond of plots about babies for the main couples in general and Shamy in particular. Anyway, I understand it might have sense at this point of their life for Lenny (and they indeed have a spare room in 4A for a baby), so I wouldn't be surprised if the show ends with a "smart and beautiful" baby for them. 

• Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

It would be a bad idea also for me, not really for the reasons you stated, because, as you said, once the writers decide a couple in the group is "ready" for a baby, they have a baby, regardless from how they were written before. My main objection is a logistic one. Howardette had a baby after they got a bigger and fully restyled house. Shamy are still living in a one-bedroom apartment and, quite frankly, I don't see any change in 4A-4B dyad up to the end of the show (unless we hear the will go beyond S. 12). So, to me, the most likely thing is that, if indeed Shamy have a baby, they will simply switch apartment with Lenny, and I would hate that. Anyway, the logistic is exactly what makes me hopeful that this plot will not happen, Shamy don't have a big enough apartment for a baby. Full disclosure, I'm not very fond of plots about babies for the main couples in general and Shamy in particular. Anyway, I understand it might have sense at this point of their life for Lenny (and they indeed have a spare room in 4A for a baby), so I wouldn't be surprised if the show ends with a "smart and beautiful" baby for them. 

I can't imagine any heavily pregnant woman relishing the idea of going up and down all those stairs several times a day, going down them in labour and then carrying a baby with all its accoutrements up and down. Bernadette only had to do it a few times and she was uncomfortable towards the end. I'm interested to see where Lenny snd Shamy end up living and how far the rooms resemble the sets we're familiar with.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

I can't imagine any heavily pregnant woman relishing the idea of going up and down all those stairs several times a day, going down them in labour and then carrying a baby with all its accoutrements up and down. Bernadette only had to do it a few times and she was uncomfortable towards the end. I'm interested to see where Lenny snd Shamy end up living and how far the rooms resemble the sets we're familiar with.

Well, you know, it wouldn't be the first time the writers do something that doesn't make much sense in regards to the living arrangements, LOL!  I'm just dubious they are interested in telling stories that go beyond the 4A-4B dyad in the exact building the guys are living now, even if this means having the characters live in a non-realistic situation, because that's what they have done (at the very least) since Lenny got married.

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Even if they move I think it will be in the finale or just a bit before so they most we may see of their new home(s) will be a little glance. TPTB are too lazy to even show us Lenny's bedroom in its current state so a new house? unlikely.

Edited by bfm
typo
  • Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, legacy99 said:

I thought Sheldon took trains because he was afraid of planes

I don't recall them indicating he was afraid of aeroplanes. He just loves trains.

He and Amy took an aeroplane, when they visited his mother for Christmas.

A train to Galveston takes less than double the time of a direct flight (and roughly the same as a journey using a connecting flight), and costs around half the price, so they could've easily taken a train, if Sheldon was afraid of aeroplanes.

Edited by Stephen Hawking

9 hours ago, legacy99 said:

I'll speculate the whole ship board kiss was to make leonard look bad and to diminish lenny as a couple so that tptb could push shamy to the forefront

I think you're right. This also shows the coarsening of the writing since the makers decided to foreground Shamy. When Leonard at sea was current there was a subtler example of L letting Penny down: P told Sheldon how embarrassed she was about Serial Apist, then we saw L boastfully showing SA to his shipmates. Obviously not a deal-breaker, but an indication that L wasn't always the intelligent or sensitive one, and still had something to learn about loving someone. The North Sea Snog was crude by comparison.

It's as though the abandonment of artistic integrity required to convert Shamy from a joke relationship to the romantic couple has also affected the writing of the other characters.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Bigbang.daily said:

I have 2/3 questions

whats happing-is leonard now cheating on Penny or breaking up

Why does Penny think of Amy 

anyone got a taping for ep12

-thanks

-Depending on which side in the boat kiss conundrum you ask. Anyway this discussion just comes up every now and then. 

-This is something from the synopsis, we don't know what leads to this supposed "reveal".

-Nope :(

• Like 1

On 12/16/2017 at 6:46 PM, Carlos said:

he decided to spend time alone with Ramona anyway.

I thought she just walked into his office with food and asked him if he wanted some. I'll have to go check. But I wouldn't refuse to spend time with men just because other people think they like me. I expect them, especially in the case of co workers, to respect boundaries. Ramona knew he had a girlfriend. She was the one who was in the wrong.

On 12/16/2017 at 9:05 PM, vonmar said:

Yes...good point. I don't care what Cal Tech actually does. That doesn't restrict what the writers can do. We all know that.

On 12/16/2017 at 7:10 PM, vonmar said:

Leonard felt bad about it two years later, on the way to his wedding.

This was my problem with it. That they wound up arguing all the way to their wedding over this. I didn't think they should have eloped until they stopped, talked it all out and settled it. I didn't like that they argued on the way to Vegas and then just got married anyway.

On 12/16/2017 at 9:53 PM, djsurrey said:

Do you remember WHICH episode of Spongebob he was watching? That was one of the cleverest things they ever did in my opinion. It was perfect.

On 12/17/2017 at 4:04 AM, bfm said:

So I've seen some people here and on youtube comments speculate that Amy will get pregnant having sex at the Wolowitz's. I apologize to those who want this to happen but I think that would be a very bad idea

The real question is would the powers that be do that just to "get Back" (for lack of a better term) for Howardette doing it in Sheldon's bed?

I don't see at all why it would be a spit in Lennys' faces. They keep having Penny saying she's not ready for a baby.

Edited by Die Zimtzicke
Was alerted to punctuation error

48 minutes ago, Bigbang.daily said:

I have 2/3 questions

whats happing-is leonard now cheating on Penny or breaking up

Why does Penny think of Amy 

anyone got a taping for ep12

-thanks

We're still living in hopes of a taping report for episode 12. In the pictures Amy and Penny are hugging so whatever Penny said she felt about Amy it mustn't bode ill. 

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic