[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I don't see at all why it would be a spit in Lenny's faces. They keep having Penny saying she's not ready for a baby.

Lennys' not Lenny's. Because they keep them stagnant saying it will be too big a change to the show's DNA so if they do it with Shamy they have no excuse.

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know a lot of people here know of my medical problems.   For those who don't, I have trouble, at times, walking any kind of distance, say a block or two, without the aid of a cane.  Around the house

Hello guys,   I am so sorry, I promised a taping report but it was a crazy week and I didn't have time to write one. Here is what happened(I don't know if you already get any other repo

Hey guys! I’m sure somebody will give you a full TR so just wanted to share my overall impressions and BTS I thought the episode was just perfect and for those of you who don’t like Shamy - I fel

Posted Images

18 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

No, I agree. It did not do him any favors.

Agree he did not look good here.  Also, the scene where he asks Penny for advice on dating Alice was ridiculous. Especially when he said that he and Priya were in love. It showed he was still naive about certain situations. First to ask Penny about it probably made her feel uneasy especially when we knew how she felt about him. Also to think that Priya might be in love with him was not smart as we could see she was not serious about him and only wanted a "companion" during her stay in L.A.  Glad when he finally realized it was over with Priya.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, bfm said:

Lennys' not Lenny's. Because they keep them stagnant saying it will be too big a change to the show's DNA so if they do it with Shamy they have no excuse.

I think, JMO, that is why if Penny were to get or think she is pregnant it would be unexpected and not a planned conception.

5 hours ago, JohnPhD said:

think you're right. This also shows the coarsening of the writing since the makers decided to foreground Shamy. When Leonard at sea was current there was a subtler example of L letting Penny down: P told Sheldon how embarrassed she was about Serial Apist, then we saw L boastfully showing SA to his shipmates. Obviously not a deal-breaker, but an indication that L wasn't always the intelligent or sensitive one, and still had something to learn about loving someone. The North Sea Snog was crude by comparison.

While i understand where your coming from with this, I disagree with it. Yes Penny told Sheldon that she was embarrassed about starring in Serial Apeist , Yes Leonard did show the film to his crew mates to show them who is girlfriend was. But that didn't  make Leonard come across as unintelligent or insensitive, and needing to learn how to love someone. As he had no idea Penny was embarrassed by the movie because she never told him about it, he was merely proudly showing them that his girlfriend was a actress. 

Edited by Zephon75
  • Like 5
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Mario D. said:

Agree he did not look good here.  Also, the scene where he asks Penny for advice on dating Alice was ridiculous. Especially when he said that he and Priya were in love. It showed he was still naive about certain situations. First to ask Penny about it probably made her feel uneasy especially when we knew how she felt about him. Also to think that Priya might be in love with him was not smart as we could see she was not serious about him and only wanted a "companion" during her stay in L.A.  Glad when he finally realized it was over with Priya.

Leonard hit a low point in that episode. ug

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JohnPhD said:

P told Sheldon how embarrassed she was about Serial Apist, then we saw L boastfully showing SA to his shipmates. 

So, a question, was I not intelligent or sensitive when I told people to go watch my daughter in Hair, knowing she would be nude in the show?  I was simply proud of her work in the show.  And for those who are wondering, she didn't get nude in the two shows my wife and I saw.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Zephon75 said:

As he had no idea Penny was embarrassed by the movie because she never told him about it, he was merely proudly showing that his girlfriend was a actress. 

I never read it that way. Leonard had plenty of time to say to Penny "great job on that film". He never told her he had seen it. My guess is that he would expect her to be embarrassed. I always thought it was a low move showing a little narcissism. If it really was a bad movie it was really just like sharing a pin up of his girlfriend.

10 minutes ago, Tensor said:

So, a question, was I not intelligent or sensitive when I told people to go watch my daughter in Hair, knowing she would be nude in the show?  I was simply proud of her work in the show.  And for those who are wondering, she didn't get nude in the two shows my wife and I saw.  

I'd assume you thought she did a good job and that was the reason you were proud. I did not get the impression that anyone thought SA was something to be proud of.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mario D. said:

I think, JMO, that is why if Penny were to get or think she is pregnant it would be unexpected and not a planned conception.

The only way Lenny will be pregnant in my opinion, is if Kaley would get pregnant  I highly doubt that the writers want to spend precious screen time on a Lenny pregnancy arc. We hardly get any Lenny A story plots as it is now in season 11 and I really don't think things will get better in the later half of this season. 

Edited by Lagernisse
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Tensor said:

I assume your daughter wasn't embarrassed about her role in Hair, which is the whole point.

41 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

I'd assume you thought she did a good job and that was the reason you were proud. I did not get the impression that anyone thought SA was something to be proud of.

Exactly.  I was proud of her job in the show.  The show, not so much (the chorus strained to get some of the notes out, the choreography wasn't the most innovative or performed all that well, and while Berger was amazing, Claude, as the lead, was rather weak, among other things) .   Much like Leonard was proud of her work in the show, not necessarily proud of SA.  

11 minutes ago, JohnPhD said:

I assume your daughter wasn't embarrassed about her role in Hair, which is the whole point.

And Leonard knew Penny was embarrassed, how?  

4 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Yes...good point. I don't care what Cal Tech actually does. That doesn't restrict what the writers can do. We all know that.

All right, can you point out where the WRITERS specifically stated that that two were actually working together? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lagernisse said:

The only way Lenny will be pregnant in my opinion, is if Kaley would get pregnant  I highly doubt that the writers want to spend precious screen time on a Lenny pregnancy arc. We hardly get any Lenny A story plots as it is now in season 11 and I really don't think things will get better in the later half of this season. 

I think there is definitely room for a pregnancy arc or at least a season finale of "is she or isn't she" cliffhanger.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

I think there is definitely room for a pregnancy arc or at least a season finale of "is she or isn't she" cliffhanger.

I guess a "is she or isn't she " cliffhanger would fit pretty good in the season finale which I'm guessing will be about Shamy's wedding. 

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, djsurrey said:

I never read it that way. Leonard had plenty of time to say to Penny "great job on that film". He never told her he had seen it. My guess is that he would expect her to be embarrassed. I always thought it was a low move showing a little narcissism. If it really was a bad movie it was really just like sharing a pin up of his girlfriend.

I thought it was low of him but I wouldn't go as far as narcisissm.

• Like 1

Why would he?  Since she didn’t tell him, he’s letting her think her doesn’t know. Of course, that is the exact same thing as trying to determine if Leonard and Mandy work together. 

• Like 2

Penny Is not even proud of her performance in Serial Apist lol. Penny regularly acknowledged the project was bad, really bad. So I don't think it matters if Leonard told her he was proud of her performance or not. I think we saw in Season 7 enough Serial Apist was horrendous. Leonard was just boasting about the hot girl in the shower scene is his woman. I related to it. I would of done the same. He was letting his hair down, and having fun. When has Leonard ever had that opportunity? With what his mother and Sheldon. I thought good on him. Doesent mean he lacks intelligence. Just means Im the same, were different around different people. Their was nothing wrong with what Leonard did. And I doubt Penny would care. Probably be flattered.

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Tensor said:

Why would he?  Since she didn’t tell him, he’s letting her think her doesn’t know. Of course, that is the exact same thing as trying to determine if Leonard and Mandy work together. 

To help her confidence. I mean if he really felt that her performance was something to be proud of. He had a perfect chance to say so in 10.6

Penny: Hey, have you ever heard of the Van Nuys Comic-Con?

Leonard: ‭Yeah. It’s a dinky little convention where they sell collectibles and get sad D-list celebrities to appear. Why?

Penny: I got asked to sign autographs there.

Leonard: That’s awesome. Is this for Serial Ape-ist?

Penny: Well, it could be for the monkey movie. It could be my haemorrhoid commercial. The list does not go on.

Leonard: When is it?

Penny: It doesn’t matter. I’m not doing it.

Leonard: What? Why not?

Penny: You just said yourself, it’s sad.

Leonard: Yeah, but it’s not pathetic, that’s where I draw the line. Come on, we’ll have fun.

He is not saying you were great even if it was a bad film.

Also people who asked for her autograph never said great acting.

Penny: Okay. Who do I make it out to?

Guy: Daniel.

Penny: Okay.

Daniel: I have to ask. Were you trying to be that bad, or are you just a terrible actress?

Edited by djsurrey

1 hour ago, djsurrey said:

To help her confidence. I mean if he really felt that her performance was something to be proud of. He had a perfect chance to say so in 10.6

Are you saying he has to tell her how great she was, every time the movie comes up?   After all, he was aware of SA, from Penny, back in season 7.   Not to mention what happening two years prior in 8.2 (see below).

He is not saying you were great even if it was a bad film.

Again, so?  He doesn't say anything about whether the film is good, bad or indifferent here.  His comments about being sad and pathetic are about the convention. 

Also people who asked for her autograph never said great acting.

Again, so?   What exactly does that have to do with Leonard?  And who cares what a fanboy thinks, when you have someone, who is an actual Hollywood writer, director and producer telling you your acting is good and he would cast you.  From 8.02, with Kevin Smith speaking:

Kevin: You’re cruisin’ for a beatin’, Wheaton. Anyway, man, I dug the ape movie, Penny. And I thought you were, like, really great in it.

Kevin: Yeah, whatever. Penny. Penny, how come you’re not in more stuff, man? I’d cast you in a minute.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tensor said:

Are you saying he has to tell her how great she was, every time the movie comes up?

No, I was saying I don't recall her ever saying her acting was good in that movie or that he was proud of the acting she did in that movie. I brought up the lines from season 10 because she was aware he had seen the movie by then an he still did not say he was proud of her great acting in the movie even though it would have been a great time to give her a lift. It just seems to add more credence to the notion that it was not her acting that he was proud of back when he shared the movie on the boat.

12 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Again, so?   What exactly does that have to do with Leonard?

It supports the idea that it was not great acting. It appears to support the idea that the fan boys and Leonard were all impressed by her hotness.

15 minutes ago, Tensor said:

From 8.02, with Kevin Smith speaking:

Kevin: You’re cruisin’ for a beatin’, Wheaton. Anyway, man, I dug the ape movie, Penny. And I thought you were, like, really great in it.

So Kevin did not actually say her acting was great. So it is not clear what he meant but the follow up in 10.6 seems to make it clear that it was the fact Penny is hot that the guys reacted to.

23 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Again, so?  He doesn't say anything about whether the film is good, bad or indifferent here.  His comments about being sad and pathetic are about the convention.

He had a great opportunity to give he a complement and did not. IMO because it would not come across as sincere.

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 1

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic