The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

9 hours ago, Tensor said:

“The Solo Oscillation” – When Sheldon kicks Amy out to work solo, she and Leonard bond during a series of science experiments. Also, Bert the geologist replaces Wolowitz in the band Footprints on the Moon, and Sheldon finds Penny a surprising source of scientific inspiration, on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Thursday, Jan. 11 (8:00-8:31 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Laurie Metcalf returns as Sheldon’s mother, Mary.

https://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/releases/view?id=49232

I think this has been long overdue! They both do experimental STEM work, sure they work in different disciplines but there are common things, I find it reasonable that they would benefit from each other's views and knowledge. I just hope they don't play Sheldon's jealousy too much because it is getting tired predictable. It also seems like if Sheldon ever manages to collaborate with anyone but Leonard it will be a call for celebration...

I wonder why Bert replaces Howard (Raj and Howard appear together in the photos from the previous one so it doesn't seem like they are still fighting)... It could be funny to watch him sing though! LOL And I wonder what will be his dynamic with Raj. 

Overall it sounds somewhat strange but I think it could be interesting, even fresh, if they do it right (i.e. not dwell on Sheldon)

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Tensor said:

“The Solo Oscillation” – When Sheldon kicks Amy out to work solo, she and Leonard bond during a series of science experiments. Also, Bert the geologist replaces Wolowitz in the band Footprints on the Moon, and Sheldon finds Penny a surprising source of scientific inspiration, on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Thursday, Jan. 11 (8:00-8:31 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Laurie Metcalf returns as Sheldon’s mother, Mary.

https://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/releases/view?id=49232

Well while this sounds like a interesting episode especially with getting a Leonard/Amy pairing, my guess most of it will be focused on Sheldon and I won't be surprised if his scene with Penny is longer than any Leonard has had with her this season. 

• Like 6

On 12/21/2017 at 12:31 PM, Capt. Hilts said:

Yes, some of those phobias were just defensive walls or indulgences to see how far others would go to accommodate him.

I think so, too. I think they were not true phobias in the medical/psychological sense.

23 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

And simply the writing has lost its edge and intelligence.

Well, yes. No question of that. It's why I wanted them to end and not extended the contract. The well started running dry some time ago.

But what do I know? I forgot they were having a rerun last night and dropped my son off early at a basketball team party just so I could get home in time to watch the show. Some days I have it all together and some days I do stupid things like that.

19 hours ago, Tensor said:

The Solo Oscillation” – When Sheldon kicks Amy out to work solo, she and Leonard bond during a series of science experiments. Also, Bert the geologist replaces Wolowitz in the band Footprints on the Moon, and Sheldon finds Penny a surprising source of scientific inspiration, on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Thursday, Jan. 11 (8:00-8:31 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Laurie Metcalf returns as Sheldon’s mother, Mary.

Wonderful potential here. I love the unusual pairings when they happen, and any ep with Mary is a treat.

Edited by Die Zimtzicke
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Zephon75 said:

Well while this sounds like a interesting episode especially with getting a Leonard/Amy pairing, my guess most of it will be focused on Sheldon and I won't be surprised if his scene with Penny is longer than any Leonard has had with her this season. 

Just a thought, but why doesn't she help her husband with a project instead of Sheldon?

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Just a thought, but why doesn't she help her husband with a project instead of Sheldon?

Great question! Answer: Writers throwing obstacles in Lenny's path.

• Like 6
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

13 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

All the actresses need to spend quality time with Sheldon.  The regular sort of things he does with Amy; the 2 or 3 episodes each season with Penny to show the world what a "special" relationship they have; and the occasional time spent with Bernadette.  He is just so, so wonderful.....

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

I wouldn't put it past the writers but maybe sheldon and Penny's idea will get them nominated for a Nobel prize while amy and leonard just look on

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Haha 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

55 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

I wouldn't put it past the writers but maybe sheldon and Penny's idea will get them nominated for a Nobel prize while amy and leonard just look on

Stepping over Leonard is definitely not past the writers

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hokie3457 said:

All the actresses need to spend quality time with Sheldon.  The regular sort of things he does with Amy; the 2 or 3 episodes each season with Penny to show the world what a "special" relationship they have; and the occasional time spent with Bernadette.  He is just so, so wonderful.....

And why shouldn’t the "actresses" have scenes with him? It is healthy to mix up pairings and show us that they are all friends. When Sheldon is mean, he is considered some sort of an evil malignant force . When he bonds with someone and is nice, he is "deliberately made to look wonderful". Either way, it appears Sheldon can't win and an excuse is needed to direct dislike towards him. 

Do the female characters need someone’s permission to hang out with whoever they want to and how much? Penny helping Sheldon would probably be no different to a Penny/Raj or Penny/Amy or a Howard/Amy or Leonard/Amy plot. I don’t see you bitching about other pairings. This double standard has always irked me and always will. Leonard is allowed to hang out and interact with Amy, but Penny is judged so harshly for simply doing something she has always done – interacting with Sheldon or giving him some advice of some sort. We don’t even know much about the plot.

Edited by serena_1995
  • Like 6
  • Run to India 1

And why shouldn’t the actresses have scenes with him? It is healthy to mix up pairings and show us that they are all friends. Do the female characters need someone’s permission to hang out with whoever they want to and how much? Penny helping Sheldon would probably be no different to a Penny/Raj or Penny/Amy or a Howard/Amy or Leonard/Amy plot. I don’t see you bitching about other pairings. This double standard has always irked me and always will. Leonard is allowed to hang out and interact with Amy, but Penny is judged so harshly for simply doing something she has always done – interacting with Sheldon or giving him some advice of some sort. We don’t even know much about the plot.
Maybe lenny fans are upset not because of their interactions but amount of time involved. Penny and sheldon seem to have more screen time together then lenny

• Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

23 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

And why shouldn’t the "actresses" have scenes with him? It is healthy to mix up pairings and show us that they are all friends. When Sheldon is mean, he is considered some sort of an evil malignant force . When he bonds with someone and is nice, he is "deliberately made to look wonderful". Either way, it appears Sheldon can't win and an excuse is needed to direct dislike towards him. 

Do the female characters need someone’s permission to hang out with whoever they want to and how much? Penny helping Sheldon would probably be no different to a Penny/Raj or Penny/Amy or a Howard/Amy or Leonard/Amy plot. I don’t see you bitching about other pairings. This double standard has always irked me and always will. Leonard is allowed to hang out and interact with Amy, but Penny is judged so harshly for simply doing something she has always done – interacting with Sheldon or giving him some advice of some sort. We don’t even know much about the plot.

There is no double standard all those other pairing you listed RARELY happen in comparison to Sheldon/Penny, in fact all those other pairings combined don't add up to many plots. As for Leonard and Amy hanging out how many times have they done that? no more than 5 times that i can think out of the 8 season that Amy's been in. As for the plot you're right we don't know what it'll be about, but i wouldn't put it past them to have Penny showing interest and supporting whatever it is Sheldon is doing with his work. Something i'd like to see Penny do when it comes to Leonard's work.

Edited by Zephon75
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

All well and good, but what about quality scenes between Leonard & Amy where they aren't talking about Sheldon? We could have some interaction with Penny and Howard or Leonard and Bernadette. Raj and Amy could be fun as well. Just Sheldon, Sheldon, Sheldon gets to be a bit much for this viewer.

I find your point brilliantly made and I wholeheartedly agree. WELL DONE!

1 hour ago, Zephon75 said:

There is no double standard all those other pairing you listed RARELY happen in comparison to Sheldon/Penny, in fact all those other pairings combined don't add up to many plots. As for Leonard and Amy hanging out how many times have they done that? no more than 5 times that i can think out of the 8 season that Amy's been in. As for the plot you're right we don't know what it'll be about, but i wouldn't put it past them to have Penny showing interest and supporting whatever it is Sheldon is doing with his work. Something i'd like to see Penny do when it comes to Leonard's work.

Spot on!

• Like 6

On 12/21/2017 at 2:26 PM, Tonstar17 said:

So I guess falling in love automatically makes you lose all your anxieties and phobias just like that. It can be justified here for sheldon. Right...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Actually I thought it had more to do with him surprised to find he liked the kiss and the surprisingly enjoying giving the 2015 birthday gift. So take that germs. He crossed the threshold without becoming more diseased.

It actually reminds me of when I was a kid and played around in the shallow water in a lake with a swim mask. All of a sudden I realized my head had been under the water a lot and nothing bad had happened. My fear of water vanished after that.

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Zephon75 said:

There is no double standard all those other pairing you listed RARELY happen in comparison to Sheldon/Penny, in fact all those other pairings combined don't add up to many plots. As for Leonard and Amy hanging out how many times have they done that? no more than 5 times that i can think out of the 8 season that Amy's been in. 

This is so true. 

There were a few Leonard & Amy's plots,  but Sheldon and Bernie's plots?  What?  Three times?  And Penny & Howard's plots? IIRC, the last time they talked alone was that bachelor party episode, in S. 5. 

Sheldon rarely interacts with Bernie, Leonard rarely interacts with Amy or Bernie, Howard rarely interacts with Penny or Amy, and Raj...considering he often joins the girls' night, so, I don't count him in.

This show has 7 main characters, 4 guys and 3 girls, but they failed to mix up the pairings more often to shake up things, that's a shame.

JMO.

• Like 5

So they shouldn't mix things up?  I love when they do this.

For me, it just becomes exhausting when everything is Sheldon's fault. 

• Like 6
  • It's a Tiara 1

6 minutes ago, snapepans said:

This is so true. 

There were a few Leonard & Amy's plots,  but Sheldon and Bernie's plots?  What?  Three times?  And Penny & Howard's plots? IIRC, the last time they talked alone was that bachelor party episode, in S. 5. 

Sheldon rarely interacts with Bernie, Leonard rarely interacts with Amy or Bernie, Howard rarely interacts with Penny or Amy, and Raj...considering he often joins the girls' night, so, I don't count him in.

This show has 7 main characters, 4 guys and 3 girls, but they failed to mix up the pairings more often to shake up things, that's a shame.

JMO.

...or perhaps it is just fine. Then when they do an odd pairing it is interesting partly because it is rare.

• Like 1

If sheldon is going to get all the credit for the show being a success i wouldn't be surprised that when fans feel the show is going down hill he gets the blame for that too

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

If sheldon is going to get all the credit for the show being a success i wouldn't be surprised that when fans feel the show is going down hill he gets the blame for that too

It will likely be done before that happens. After 10.5 years we are close to the end I expect.

• Like 1

It will likely be done before that happens. After 10.5 years we are close to the end I expect.
It's jmo but we're seeing it already

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

Some fans, not all.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, legacy99 said:

I never said all

Maybe "some fans" might have been clearer. 

• Like 2

Maybe "some fans" might have been clearer. 

Won't argue with that. My thoughts about the program are there might be just as many fans but are they as dedicated as they used to be

• Like 3