[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

5 hours ago, Zephon75 said:

t i wouldn't put it past them to have Penny showing interest and supporting whatever it is Sheldon is doing with his work. Something i'd like to see Penny do when it comes to Leonard's work.

Penny has always supported Leonard and called him smart. It is not the end of the world,  if she  ends up helping someone else too (we  also have no further info about the plot- It could be a negative plot for all we know). But regardless, doing a nice thing for one person, doesn't take anything away from another. 

3 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

All well and good, but what about quality scenes between Leonard & Amy where they aren't talking about Sheldon? We could have some interaction with Penny and Howard or Leonard and Bernadette. Raj and Amy could be fun as well. Just Sheldon, Sheldon, Sheldon gets to be a bit much for this viewer.

1 hour ago, snapepans said:

This show has 7 main characters, 4 guys and 3 girls, but they failed to mix up the pairings more often to shake up things, that's a shame.

JMO.

the earth is not going to stop spinning if they have a Sheldon/Penny B plot in 1 episode out of 24 . Season 11 appears to have more mix ups, than season 10. A single  episode of Sheldon and Penny  somehow interacting will not  magically undo all the past and erase any future possibility of different pairings. Traditionally Shelnard and Sheldon/Penny used to have more screen time, naturally being the big-3. But that has actually gone down now . 

Edited by serena_1995
  • Like 2

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know a lot of people here know of my medical problems.   For those who don't, I have trouble, at times, walking any kind of distance, say a block or two, without the aid of a cane.  Around the house

Hello guys,   I am so sorry, I promised a taping report but it was a crazy week and I didn't have time to write one. Here is what happened(I don't know if you already get any other repo

Hey guys! I’m sure somebody will give you a full TR so just wanted to share my overall impressions and BTS I thought the episode was just perfect and for those of you who don’t like Shamy - I fel

Posted Images

Some were saying so in season 6, and some earlier I gather. Yet here we are.
Actually in the earlier seasons i don't remember much in the way of complains as i do now

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

Actually in the earlier seasons i don't remember much in the way of complains as i do now

Funny I have always heard complaints (joined here in s6) and people pointing out there were always complaints.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, legacy99 said:

Won't argue with that. My thoughts about the program are there might be just as many fans but are they as dedicated as they used to be

Certainly not this one, my attitude to new episodes is summed up by a quote from the Baywatch film....

”and not a single f%@# was given”

Edited by Zhalen565
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, vonmar said:

So they shouldn't mix things up?  I love when they do this.

For me, it just becomes exhausting when everything is Sheldon's fault. 

The writers can do whatever they want, and I personally like when they mix things up in the sense of unusual pairings. However, at least for me it has to make sense from a story telling perspective and not be done as just a gimmick. In response to your comment, I don't think anything is directly Sheldon's fault, I'm just bored to tears by (what to me feels like) the total overuse of the character.

• Like 6
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Zephon75 said:

There is no double standard all those other pairing you listed RARELY happen in comparison to Sheldon/Penny, in fact all those other pairings combined don't add up to many plots. As for Leonard and Amy hanging out how many times have they done that? no more than 5 times that i can think out of the 8 season that Amy's been in. As for the plot you're right we don't know what it'll be about, but i wouldn't put it past them to have Penny showing interest and supporting whatever it is Sheldon is doing with his work. Something i'd like to see Penny do when it comes to Leonard's work.

15 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

All well and good, but what about quality scenes between Leonard & Amy where they aren't talking about Sheldon? We could have some interaction with Penny and Howard or Leonard and Bernadette. Raj and Amy could be fun as well. Just Sheldon, Sheldon, Sheldon gets to be a bit much for this viewer.

Great posts! Leonard and Howard barely interact with women who are not their wives. They get a big of time with Amy, Leonard more than Howard being her neighbor and supposedly a lead, but when they do most of the time it is somehow about Sheldon. I don't have a problem with Sheldon and Penny having a scene per se but I do when this is compared to what Leonard and Howard are getting.

Also, there is a difference between blaming Sheldon as a character, which nobody was doing, to blaming the writers for the plots they come up with.

Edited by bfm
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 4

5 hours ago, vonmar said:

For me, it just becomes exhausting when everything is Sheldon's fault. 

For me, it just becomes exhausting when everything is about Sheldon.

annoying.gif.a23c975272334cfa73a3b82b84e9bde4.gif

Sheldon is brilliantly played, but even his character is utterly ridiculous in a lot of episodes - too annoying to possibly find amusing (IMO).

• Like 5
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

12 hours ago, legacy99 said:

I wouldn't put it past the writers but maybe sheldon and Penny's idea will get them nominated for a Nobel prize while amy and leonard just look on

:icon_cheesygrin:

1438.gif

Edited by JE7
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, legacy99 said:

I wouldn't put it past the writers but maybe sheldon and Penny's idea will get them nominated for a Nobel prize while amy and leonard just look on

Penny's Idea?

On 12/22/2017 at 2:41 AM, Zephon75 said:

Sheldon finds Penny a surprising source of scientific inspiration, on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Thursday, Jan. 11

It say's Penny is a source of inspiration. That does not necessarily imply she has an idea.

"is it a trick clock or a trick potato"

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

Penny's Idea?

It say's Penny is a source of inspiration. That does not necessarily imply she has an idea.

Its beside the point anyway even if the idea was pennys we know sheldon will as in the past push her aside, deny her credit and claim full responsibility and control.

Just like with Ramona, the scientific american articule, the guidence system, the paper that sparked his "nerds gone wild" video, what he arrogantly assumed (without checking or replicating) he proved at the north pole etc...

Edited by JE7
  • Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

48 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

Penny's Idea?

Yeah, for all we know about this episode, Penny might meet Sheldon on the stairs and say something random, which inspires him in a totally unexpected way or...the shopping app they built back in S. 2 (if I remember correctly) now is worth millions, LOL!!!

Being mostly unspoiled this season is a fun experience indeed, it makes for a lot of speculations!

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, BigBang15 said:

I really hope TBBT makes 15 seasons, just to piss off a lot of people. :)

Merry Christmas!

As long as the on screen time is equally divided amongst the couples or individuals, I would be good with that.

• Like 2

I really hope TBBT makes 15 seasons, just to piss off a lot of people.
Merry Christmas!
I guess that would give them time to come up with another sheldon spin off. This one could be called sheldon copper the diaper days

• Haha 4
  • Run to India 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic