[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

I just rewatched 117 which reminded me of  a strong argument why Leonard's showing the shower scene from SA to his shipmates was a betrayal of Penny. Remember how L got his first date with P? P was hurt and outraged that her hunk boyfriend Mike had posted details about their sex life on his blog. She wished she could go out with someone who didn't do that sort of thing, and Leonard suggested himself. Then much later when they were together he did that sort of thing - showing the video was very analogous IMO.

And a Happy Newtonmas to all.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know a lot of people here know of my medical problems.   For those who don't, I have trouble, at times, walking any kind of distance, say a block or two, without the aid of a cane.  Around the house

Hello guys,   I am so sorry, I promised a taping report but it was a crazy week and I didn't have time to write one. Here is what happened(I don't know if you already get any other repo

Hey guys! I’m sure somebody will give you a full TR so just wanted to share my overall impressions and BTS I thought the episode was just perfect and for those of you who don’t like Shamy - I fel

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, JohnPhD said:

I just rewatched 117 which reminded me of  a strong argument why Leonard's showing the shower scene from SA to his shipmates was a betrayal of Penny. Remember how L got his first date with P? P was hurt and outraged that her hunk boyfriend Mike had posted details about their sex life on his blog. She wished she could go out with someone who didn't do that sort of thing, and Leonard suggested himself. Then much later when they were together he did that sort of thing - showing the video was very analogous IMO.

Oh please! Not this again.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

38 minutes ago, JohnPhD said:

Leonard was watching a movie in a boat. Which happened to have Penny in it. If Penny didn’t want the world too see her in the shower. She shouldn’t of done the movie. But this conversation has been done to death. Bad Leonard for betraying Penny lol.

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, JohnPhD said:

It’s art. Deal with it. No expectations of privacy with a published work of art. :) 

And a special call out to all those kids who get to share a birthday with Jesus. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, BigBang15 said:

I really hope TBBT makes 15 seasons, just to piss off a lot of people. :)

Merry Christmas!

Thank you for wishing us Merry Christmas. In regards to the other part of your post I hope TBBT would have ended on S10. Actually at the end of S7 or 8 would have been even better, but... that ship sailed...3 seasons ago :-(

10 hours ago, legacy99 said:

I guess that would give them time to come up with another sheldon spin off. This one could be called sheldon copper the diaper days.

Sheldon Cooper: The diaper days because he'd be a toddler or because he'd be really old and incontinent? :icon_cheesygrin:

9 hours ago, JohnPhD said:

The analogy is NOT valid. Mike posted details about their (his and Penny's) sex life which is private in a public medium (his blog). The video Leonard showed to his ship mates ,  is absolutely not the same thing because it wasn't from Leonard and Penny's private life, but from a movie made for public consumption. When Penny filmed the shower scene, and the rest of the movie for that matter she knew it would be seen by strangers, and since that was her expectation all along there is no betrayal. You could argue it was in bad taste from Leonard, but even for that we would need to know his intentions. IMO, it came across as crass (on Leonard's part) but that's just about it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, JohnPhD said:

It can't be a betrayal as Leonard doesn't know Penny is embarrassed by the movie. Also Penny has never told Leonard not to show it to anyone.What Mike did was completely different. 

Merry Christmas everyone i hope you all have wonderful time with whoever you spend it with.

• Like 5
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

On 12/22/2017 at 4:36 PM, hokie3457 said:

All the actresses need to spend quality time with Sheldon.  The regular sort of things he does with Amy; the 2 or 3 episodes each season with Penny to show the world what a "special" relationship they have; and the occasional time spent with Bernadette.  He is just so, so wonderful.....

SARCASM??

• Haha 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Here's hoping everyone had a nice and enjoyable Christmas!

On 12/24/2017 at 2:13 PM, Stephen Hawking said:

For the benefit of chucky, and anyone else confused by my post.

I knew exactly what you meant!  I was just trying to be cute and sarcastic. 

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

On 12/24/2017 at 7:00 PM, Stephen Hawking said:

Yes, a Happy Birthday. to all of you born at the end of September. :biggrin: 

Coming from a land where the monarch has  two birthdays, you are spot-on. I share my  natural birthday with Louis XIV. 

• Like 1

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic