[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know a lot of people here know of my medical problems.   For those who don't, I have trouble, at times, walking any kind of distance, say a block or two, without the aid of a cane.  Around the house

Hello guys,   I am so sorry, I promised a taping report but it was a crazy week and I didn't have time to write one. Here is what happened(I don't know if you already get any other repo

Hey guys! I’m sure somebody will give you a full TR so just wanted to share my overall impressions and BTS I thought the episode was just perfect and for those of you who don’t like Shamy - I fel

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

I hope tptb get tired of this format of the scientific method wedding planning because I'm bored of it already

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

To be perfectly honest, after they found out they were being tested for the perfect participants in the wedding, I just wish all 5 friends would decline any interest in being in the wedding party. Let Missy be the Matron of Honor and Georgie Jr be the Best Man.

Edited by chucky
typo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, chucky said:

To be perfectly honest, after they found out they were being tested for the perfect participants in the wedding, I just wish all 5 friends would decline any interest in being in the wedding party. Let Missy be the Matron of Honor and Georgie Jr be the Best Man.

If they all refuse the Best Man position I think Leonard might end up reluctantly agreeing because he feels sorry for Sheldon. That would be IC. As for Matron of Honor that will probably be Penny considering the Pamy "revelation" which apparently ends in a hug.

Edited by bfm
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, bfm said:

If they all refuse the Best Man position I think Leonard might end up reluctantly agreeing because he feels sorry for Sheldon. That would be IC. As for Matron of Honor that will probably be Penny considering the Pamy "revelation" which apparently ends in a hug.

I'm not so sure. He's grown a little back bone since being married to Penny. Of course dealing with his wife, the back bone tends to disappear. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, chucky said:

I'm not so sure. He's grown a little back bone since being married to Penny. Of course dealing with his wife, the back bone tends to disappear. 

Yeah but both of the Hofstadters are the more compassionate of the group. They would do things for their friends if they feel sorry for them. I can totally see Leonard feeling sorry for Sheldon. Then again if he's not faced with a sad Sheldon he might be happy to dodge the bullet.

• Like 2

On 29/12/2017 at 1:47 PM, chucky said:

Yes. It always puzzles me why Amy is never put in her place. Normal sitcom writing would juxtapose Amy presuming that all potential MofH/BestMen are at her disposal with scenes showing the "candidates" want no part of it. It could be either P and B asking their respective spouses how they can get out of attending the wedding, or P&B together agreeing that Amy would have a damn cheek to expect either of them to be her MofH, with special reference to Amy's behaviour before and during B's wedding. It could be quite amusing if Raj ended up trying to play the roles of Best Man and MofH simultaneously.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, JohnPhD said:

Yes. It always puzzles me why Amy is never put in her place. Normal sitcom writing would juxtapose Amy presuming that all potential MofH/BestMen are at her disposal with scenes showing the "candidates" want no part of it. It could be either P and B asking their respective spouses how they can get out of attending the wedding, or P&B together agreeing that Amy would have a damn cheek to expect either of them to be her MofH, with special reference to Amy's behaviour before and during B's wedding. It could be quite amusing if Raj ended up trying to play the roles of Best Man and MofH simultaneously.

She is never put in her place because she is part of "Shamy". In the eyes of the writers, they can do no wrong. It's kind of tiresome watching her and Shelly getting away with so much crap. In real life, they would have been beaten up and abandoned by their "friends".

• Like 5

3 hours ago, joyceraye said:

I'm interested to see what they're going to do with Halley next Christmas. Will there be a little stable scene among the decorations for her to play with ? Will Howard mind if her grandparents are teaching her to sing Away In A Manger ? Will she be a shepherd in the Nursery play ? Will Raj make her costume ?

I'm betting they still won't show her and they won't touch any of this with a ten foot pole, anymore than they mention circumcision for her brother. They've got no reason to get into a Jewish vs. Christian faith argument.

On 12/29/2017 at 7:47 AM, chucky said:

I just wish all 5 friends would decline any interest in being in the wedding party. Let Missy be the Matron of Honor and Georgie Jr be the Best Man.

I hope not. I'd love to see Missy again, but I have no idea who they would pick for George and I'm afraid of another Meemaw sized let down. Plus I see it as slyly promoting Young Sheldon, which I thought was crap.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I'm betting they still won't show her and they won't touch any of this with a ten foot pole, anymore than they mention circumcision for her brother. They've got no reason to get into a Jewish vs. Christian faith argument.

I hope not. I'd love to see Missy again, but I have no idea who they would pick for George and I'm afraid of another Meemaw sized let down. Plus I see it as slyly promoting Young Sheldon, which I thought was crap.

I agree with your opinion on Young Sheldon. Haven't watched any pieces of the show. When commercials come on I leave the room. For me a grownup Sheldon is more than enough.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, chucky said:

I agree with your opinion on Young Sheldon. Haven't watched any pieces of the show. When commercials come on I leave the room. For me a grownup Sheldon is more than enough.

I have no idea why it's doing so well. I know they call it the best new show of the season but personally I think The Good Doctor is tons better. They have too many things that I think contradict adult Sheldon. And I don't want to see a big gathering of his and Amy's families at this wedding. Not at all interested in meeting a bunch of people that they don't need to introduce and probably will never show again. I hope they can find a way not to spend 15 out of 19 minutes of the ep introducing all of these possible people. Sounds like a total waste of time to me.

• Like 3

For me Sheldon 2.0 from the future coming back to claim his true Love Sheldon Cooper. Would be more then enough too. Love Triangle in Series Final between Sheldon, Sheldon 2.0, and Amy LOL.

4 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I have no idea why it's doing so well. I know they call it the best new show of the season but personally I think The Good Doctor is tons better. They have too many things that I think contradict adult Sheldon. And I don't want to see a big gathering of his and Amy's families at this wedding. Not at all interested in meeting a bunch of people that they don't need to introduce and probably will never show again. I hope they can find a way not to spend 15 out of 19 minutes of the ep introducing all of these possible people. Sounds like a total waste of time to me.

I don't know about the ratings. But it could be doing well because of the cross over effect of the TBBT audience. People are watching out of familiarity and curiosity of what Sheldon was like when he was a kid. I have seen some of it. I can't say I love it. It's cute. But not spectacular. I agree the Good Doctor is far better. TBBT was spectacular in it's early days. Obviousley their was a drop off point in quality around Season 7. But How long can YS ride on TBBT Wave? Well see. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

1 minute ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Oh my Lord! It boggles my mind thinking of that. Sheldon, Mary and Missy, but no more is needed.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chucky said:

Oh my Lord! It boggles my mind thinking of that. Sheldon, Mary and Missy, but no more is needed.

I personally wished Shamy went to the chapel and got married. And it was done their, an then. Out of the way. Spare most of us of a wedding, that is just one big waste of time. No offense :taunt:. But I just think it would of been better that way. Then they could focus on various other plots. Instead of the writers been bogged down, with the Shamy Wedding dominating the rest of the season. Case in point next episode another "Shamy Wedding Planning" Episode. I can't recall in Season 8 the writers dedicating all that amount of screen time to "Lenny Wedding Planning. I actually I seem to recall the complete opposite. Lamenting lack of intimacy. This is not about ship wars. It is just they spared the audience back then. It is just interesting now its Shamy's turn. Who have always come across a very non conventional pair up. Are getting very conventional plot lines. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, Tensor said:

The Date of Birth discussion has been moved to Season 11 Chit Chat.

Thank you!

50 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

I personally wished Shamy went to the chapel and got married. And it was done their, an then. Out of the way. Spare most of us of a wedding, that is just one big waste of time. No offense :taunt:. But I just think it would of been better that way. Then they could focus on various other plots. Instead of the writers been bogged down, with the Shamy Wedding dominating the rest of the season. Case in point next episode another "Shamy Wedding Planning" Episode. I can't recall in Season 8 the writers dedicating all that amount of screen time to "Lenny Wedding Planning. I actually I seem to recall the complete opposite. Lamenting lack of intimacy. This is not about ship wars. It is just they spared the audience back then. It is just interesting now its Shamy's turn. Who have always come across a very non conventional pair up. Are getting very conventional plot lines. 

If I remember correctly, there was not too much wedding planning for Howard/Bernadette's wedding until the plans to hold it on the roof. The wedding was discussed,but no planning.

Of course the real reason we have to suffer, and I do mean suffer, through the wedding planning is because they are Shamy. They are the darlings of the writers. Remember that according to Shelly, Shamy has the best relationship on the show. They did score an 82 on that relationship quiz.

• Like 5
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, chucky said:

......../..........

Of course the real reason we have to suffer, and I do mean suffer, through the wedding planning is because they are Shamy. They are the darlings of the writers. Remember that according to Shelly, Shamy has the best relationship on the show. They did score an 82 on that relationship quiz.

Au contraire. I’m pretty sure Penny was right. :icon_cheesygrin:

n_00163.gif.5f4a898882a3802bc80d34d7ef7c417b.gif

• Like 7
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, JohnPhD said:

She was very awkward when planning Bernie's wedding but she was much less socially aware and informes back then. She did focus to much on herself and on Penny but I don't consider being a terrible friend, she did want to help. She has also helped her friends in other times, especially Penny. I don't see why she should be "put in her place". Sheldon is a different story...

Edited by bfm
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

I can't recall in Season 8 the writers dedicating all that amount of screen time to "Lenny Wedding Planning. I actually I seem to recall the complete opposite. 

So if it doesn't happen for one couple it shouldn't happen for another?

3 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

It is just interesting now its Shamy's turn. Who have always come across a very non conventional pair up. Are getting very conventional plot lines. 

IMO Shamy's approach to planning their wedding has been very unconventional.

2 hours ago, chucky said:

If I remember correctly, there was not too much wedding planning for Howard/Bernadette's wedding until the plans to hold it on the roof. The wedding was discussed,but no planning.

There were several plot lines involving Howard/Bernadette's wedding during Season 5...maid of honor angst, wedding dress/tuxedo shopping and the bachelor party to mention a few.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, vonmar said:

So if it doesn't happen for one couple it shouldn't happen for another?

IMO Shamy's approach to planning their wedding has been very unconventional.

There were several plot lines involving Howard/Bernadette's wedding during Season 5...maid of honor angst, wedding dress/tuxedo shopping and the bachelor party to mention a few.

Your examples are not wedding planning. In the wedding dress and tuxedo were shopping for the clothes to wear at the wedding. All I remember of the tuxedo deal was Howard talking up his near trip to space. The bachelor party wasn't planned on air, they just went to it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chucky said:

Your examples are not wedding planning. In the wedding dress and tuxedo were shopping for the clothes to wear at the wedding. All I remember of the tuxedo deal was Howard talking up his near trip to space. The bachelor party wasn't planned on air, they just went to it.

Shopping for the clothes that you and your wedding party will wear to your wedding is part of the planning process (IMO) and yes, the bachelor party was not planned on screen, but it was planned before being executed on screen.  My point was that there were several episodes during Season 5 that revolved around H/B wedding.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, vonmar said:

Shopping for the clothes that you and your wedding party will wear to your wedding is part of the planning process (IMO) and yes, the bachelor party was not planned on screen, but it was planned before being executed on screen.  My point was that there were several episodes during Season 5 that revolved around H/B wedding.

They talked, but didn't plan. Especially the non-sense that Shelly and Amy are pulling. But then, they are sooo special. The writers seem to bend over backwards for "Shamy".

• Like 3

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic