[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

Tensor

4 hours ago, legacy99 said:

For me shamy have been boring most of the time they have been together but now with the wedding planning it's far more boring but that's jmo.

And let me assure you that your opinion is shared by many. I'm just one of them.

3 hours ago, vonmar said:

Both of these topics should be discussed before marriage, so wouldn't they be considered part of the wedding planning?  Discussions about both happened on screen.

I think we are all splitting hairs of what constitutes wedding related planning and what doesn't. I also happen to think that is really immaterial which couple has been devoted more wedding related planning screen time. I liked Howardette's wedding related things and enjoyed their wedding as well. Lenny's weddings not so much because they left me wanting and I thought that Sheldon's interference was pathetic, out of place , uninteresting, ridiculous, completely self indulgent on the part of the writers, and all around unnecessary.

In regards to Shamy's wedding planning I find it uninteresting, vomit inducing, badly written , and couldn't care less about it. However, the one thing I can tell you is that my reaction is not dependent on screen time. I would feel exactly the same way about it even if the screen time devoted to it was less. There are some other people who love it. Good for them. I stopped expecting greatness from this team of writers a long time ago. IMO they are pathetically limping to the finish line quality wise. Financially speaking, not so much.

1 hour ago, vonmar said:

Bernadette behaved like a kind person who acquiesced to a friend who had never had that experience.  She knew how much it meant to Amy.

Only problem  is that it was Bernadette's wedding and it should have been about her and not Amy. I usually like Amy, but on that occasion she behaved like a selfish bitch.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, veejay said:

Au contraire. I’m pretty sure Penny was right. :icon_cheesygrin:

n_00163.gif.5f4a898882a3802bc80d34d7ef7c417b.gif

Actually, she was wrong.

Out of all the couples on the show, Lenny has the least in common (aka nothing).

Like the list Sheldon showed, even Raj and Cinnamon rightfully scored higer (if I remember correctly).

• Like 1
  • Run to India 2

Actually, she was wrong.
Out of all the couples on the show, Lenny has the least in common (aka nothing).
Like the list Sheldon showed, even Raj and Cinnamon rightfully scored higer (if I remember correctly).
Having things in common doesn't guarantee a good relationship. Imo having a lot of things in common makes for a boring relationship which depending on the people involved will lead to problems

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Shamy have a ton in common. Yet one could argue they are not the most functionable couple. I took that test as. What is on Paper does not always translate to consistent happiness. Some times numbers can't quantify. An understanding and bond. Having stuff in common can only take you so far. Lenny is interesting. Because of their limited commonlarities. Seeing two different people finding them selfs in their twenties. Is exactly why I Shipped them. Shamy is too young in development for me. And their is nothing their that I Relate too. But that is just me. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Chiany said:

Actually, she was wrong.

Yeah, Shamy have always the most in common...

...from The First Pitch Insufficiency
n_00160.gif.9b1fa406f87bb5445c51579cc4a4a3d9.gif

"S: That's pure Cooper.

A: It would make me so happy if you said things like that.
S: We got an eight-point-two. Trust me, you're happy."

That was just one example out of…?
Oh, wait...

misc_0261.gif.902b4162220f89ce364c91c526c2808f.gif

Edited by veejay
some clarification :-)
  • Like 7
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, veejay said:

Yeah, Shamy have always the most in common...

...from The First Pitch Insufficiency
n_00160.gif.9b1fa406f87bb5445c51579cc4a4a3d9.gif

"S: That's pure Cooper.

A: It would make me so happy if you said things like that.
S: We got an eight-point-two. Trust me, you're happy."

That was just one example out of…?
Oh, wait...

misc_0261.gif.902b4162220f89ce364c91c526c2808f.gif

Well Amy ever get invited to the table? 

giphy.gif

Even Raj is at the table LOL.

Edited by 3ku11

16 hours ago, bfm said:

She was very awkward when planning Bernie's wedding but she was much less socially aware and informes back then. She did focus to much on herself and on Penny but I don't consider being a terrible friend, she did want to help. She has also helped her friends in other times, especially Penny. I don't see why she should be "put in her place". Sheldon is a different story...

Well, I'm surprised. You are obviously not an Amyac, but here you seem to be taking Amy's claims of friendship for Penny at face value. I can't think of a single occasion when she has genuinely helped Penny. Her behaviour when Penny was distressed about Leonard and Priya was typical. Amy saw this as an opportunity to be the bully she never got a chance to be at school (due to not having anyone to gang up with). She tried to coerce Penny & Bernadette into joining her infantile ganging up on Priya. Actually I suppose A was somewhat put in her place at the end of that storyline when Penny and Priya bonded in a grown-up way and Amy was left fuming. Another time Penny needed help and didn't get it from Amy was after her night with Raj. Amy had the gross impertinence to call P a skank. (It is a weakness of Penny's character that she puts up with this instead of kicking Amy out of her apartment). A friend would have pointed out that as Penny was too drunk to give or withold consent it was rape.

Bernadette and Sheldon have both genuinely helped Penny. But when do you consider Amy ever helped Penny?

Edited by JohnPhD
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, JohnPhD said:

Well, I'm surprised. You are obviously not an Amyac, but here you seem to be taking Amy's claims of friendship for Penny at face value. I can't think of a single occasion when she has genuinely helped Penny. Her behaviour when Penny was distressed about Leonard and Priya was typical. Amy saw this as an opportunity to be the bully she never got a chance to be at school (due to not having anyone to gang up with). She tried to coerce Penny & Bernadette into joining her infantile ganging up on Priya. Actually I suppose A was somewhat put in her place at the end of that storyline when Penny and Priya bonded in a grown-up way and Amy was left fuming. Another time Penny needed help and didn't get it from Amy was after her night with Raj. Amy had the gross impertinence to call P a skank. (It is a weakness of Penny's character that she puts up with this instead of kicking Amy out of her apartment). A friend would have pointed out that as Penny was too drunk to give or withold consent it was rape.

Bernadette and Sheldon have both genuinely helped Penny. But when do you consider Amy ever helped Penny?

You can say Shelly helped Penny a time or two, but mostly he has been demeaning and down right insulting to her. Some would argue that he doesn't understand what he did. I think he did it on purpose and to be mean.

Edited by chucky
typo
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, chucky said:

Tell you the truth, this discussion is getting to be a bit tedious for me. It's time for bed. Since I'm in my sixties, I tend to need an early bedtime. Good night.

I'm 62 so I hardly ever get into this at night. I like to do it in daylight. But I do think that all three couples are different and have different ideas and expectations of weddings. So I didn't expect them to be all the same.

I think Mayim does the best with what she's given by the writers to work with, so I am neither blaming Amy or Mayim for what's going on. The writing on the show has just gone downhill. I still think the renewal was a mistake.

11 hours ago, Carlos said:

And let me assure you that your opinion is shared by many. I'm just one of them.

And definitely not shared by everyone as you pointed out and judging by how fast the Shamy thread moves. But to each his own, or her own as the case may be. There will never be a time when everyone is happy.

6 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Well Amy ever get invited to the table? 

The table is one of the things I'd like to see back if they ever finally redo the apartments. I may be the only one but I thought the table made sense. And since they weren't sitting around the table at the cheesecake factory anymore, why not a table in the apartment?

2 hours ago, JohnPhD said:

Amy had the gross impertinence to call P a skank. (It is a weakness of Penny's character that she puts up with this instead of kicking Amy out of her apartment).

The writers have pushed that idea so many times that it is not tiresome no matter who does it.

Edited by Die Zimtzicke
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, chucky said:

They didn't plan it they just basically gave up and named her MofH. Basically because Amy was being a stupid pain in the rear as she always is being. Penny should have beaten the crap out of her for trying to go in the changing room with her and then try to record her while she was changing.

Going by your logic, every character on the show (sitcom, by the way) should have been beaten up at least once. Penny included. I don't see your point here.

And who else should have been a maid of honor? Penny? She told Howard that he should just go along with everything and marry Bernadette because no other woman would ever want him (when he was upset over Bernadette wanting a prenup) and, multiple times, basically expressed her disbelief how Bernadette wanted to actually marry someone like Howard. Sounds like a great choice, I guess.

Plus, Penny could only beat up someone way weaker than her, as evident in season two episode when she actually got into a fight with another woman.

1 hour ago, chucky said:

You can say Shelly helped Penny a time or two, but mostly he has been demeaning and down right insulting to her. Some would argue that he doesn't understand what he did. I think he did it on purpose and to be mean.

Penny has been mean to them too, multiple times. You get what you give.

• Like 1
  • Run to India 1

I can't think of a single occasion when she has genuinely helped Penny.

She gave her somewhere to stay, away from 2211 North Los Robles Avenue, and away from Leonard and Sheldon, after Penny finished up in bed with Raj.

Amy had the gross impertinence to call P a skank.

She didn't call her a skank.

She explained Penny's behaviour, from a neurological POV.

Amy: You can’t blame yourself. When your prefrontal cortex fails to make you happy, promiscuity rewards you with the needed flood of dopamine. We neurobiologists refer to this as the skank reflex.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

But when do you consider Amy ever helped Penny

Oh, my, you're going to make me go back and watch every ep until I figure this out, aren't you? But I can think of a few things. I know Amy was very happy about Leonard and Penny's engagement and she hugged them both. I don't remember the others being that enthused. She also hugged Penny to comfort her when Penny got upset when she found out Leonard was dating Priya.   When Penny felt guilty about being a bully in high school and failed at making amends by calling the girls in question, it was  Amy who suggested a way for Penny show she was now nice by donating her clothes to the needy. She played the harp for the wedding.

By the way, about the wedding, Meemaw did not want Amy to wear her engagement ring, after they quarreled. Do we know for sure it's the same ring and that Meemaw is now happy about the wedding? I do not want to see that actress back, but sometimes I'm curious about her. I was surprised she gave Amy  her cookie recipe, then got angry with her for hurting Sheldon, when she should know as well as anyone how difficult Sheldon can be.

9 minutes ago, Mislav said:

They are ALL mean to each other on a regular basis.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mislav said:

Going by your logic, every character on the show (sitcom, by the way) should have been beaten up at least once. Penny included. I don't see your point here.

And who else should have been a maid of honor? Penny? She told Howard that he should just go along with everything and marry Bernadette because no other woman would ever want him (when he was upset over Bernadette wanting a prenup) and, multiple times, basically expressed her disbelief how Bernadette wanted to actually marry someone like Howard. Sounds like a great choice, I guess.

Plus, Penny could only beat up someone way weaker than her, as evident in season two episode when she actually got into a fight with another woman.

Apparently you think it's fine that Amy tried to record pictures of Penny while she was changing. People go to jail for doing that crap. Either make her eat that camera or send her ass to jail and ruin her career. That may be mean and over the top, but she needs to learn that there are boundries.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, chucky said:

Apparently you think it's fine that Amy tried to record pictures of Penny while she was changing. People go to jail for doing that crap. Either make her eat that camera or send her ass to jail and ruin her career. That may be mean and over the top, but she needs to learn that there are boundries.

It's a sitcom. Howard apparently gave Penny a teddybear with a webcam in it once. He later crashed a Mars rower trying to impress a woman he picked up at a bar. Leonard almost revealed important information to North Korean spy and later blew up the elevator. Penny once tied up an underage girl in a cornfield and left her there overnight, threatened to castrate Sheldon ("Panty Pinata Polarization"), used to have sex in several public or at least semi-public places, would constantly steal Sheldon's WiFi for years, harassed a woman with severe social anxiety ("The Itchy Brain Simulation"), put her (Penny's) husband's property away in storage without him knowing, and bunch of other things. Sheldon contemplated murdering Barry and has hacked into government computer system at least once (and that is just including the things that are legally criminal).

By your logic, you are watching a sitcom about bunch of criminals; if that is so, I don't understand why Amy bothers you so much, since every main character has broken at least one law, illegal recording of nudes included for at least one of them. Or maybe those standards only apply to Amy; if that is the case, I'd like your explanation as to why. What makes Amy different when ut comes to that? Just curious.

Edited by Mislav
  • Haha 1
  • Run to India 1
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

3 hours ago, JohnPhD said:

I guess I'm not an "Amyac" but I do not share ypur feelings towards Amy. She did get Penny to express her feelings about Priya and then Alex. Penny usually represses her feelings, she burries them deep inside and the result is oftem confusion about them and about her wishes and sometimes actions she regrets. While Amy's reactions to these confession weren't great she did have her admit these feelings and talk about them. There are probably some other examples of her helping Penny, like the charity idea. I wouldn't say she is "friend of the year" but she is not that awful, especially now that she is far more socialized and sociable. Penny is no saint either, she definitely helped Amy a lot but she did say this and that about her.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mislav said:

It's a sitcom. Howard apparently gave Penny a teddybear with a webcam in it once. He later crashed a Mars rower trying to impress a woman he picked up at a bar. Leonard almost revealed important information to North Korean spy and later blew up the elevator. Penny once tied up an underage girl in a cornfield and left her there overnight, threatened to castrate Sheldon ("Panty Pinata Polarization"), used to have sex in several public or at least semi-public places, would constantly steal Sheldon's WiFi for years, harassed a woman with severe social anxiety ("The Itchy Brain Simulation"), put her (Penny's) husband's property away in storage without him knowing, and bunch of other things. Sheldon contemplated murdering Barry and has hacked into government computer system at least once (and that is just including the things that are legally criminal).

By your logic, you are watching a sitcom about bunch of criminals; if that is so, I don't understand why Amy bothers you so much, since every main character has broken at least one law, illegal recording of nudes included for at least one of them. Or maybe those standards only apply to Amy; if that is the case, I'd like your explanation as to why. What makes Amy different when ut comes to that? Just curious.

I'm surprised you don't include the corst crime shown, Amy's breaking Penny's nose in a burst of psychotic violence aimed at Bernadette. Amy also, offscreen, broke the nose of a TSA operative who got "handsy" - ironic in the light of A's earlier sexual assault on P after crashing her and Bernadette's girls' night. Isn't that a federal offence or something?

What Sheldon and Penny did before they left school shouldn't be counted. They're the only 2 for whom I can't think of an imprisonable offence. I believe Bernadette boasted of testing psychtropic drugs on people without their knowledge - or is big pharma allowed to do that in CA? I suppose as Raj didn't succeed in having sex with Penny when she was drunk he's off the rape charge, altho he could at least be made to believe  he was going to be charged.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Carlos said:

I think we are all splitting hairs of what constitutes wedding related planning and what doesn't. I also happen to think that is really immaterial which couple has been devoted more wedding related planning screen time. I liked Howardette's wedding related things and enjoyed their wedding as well. Lenny's weddings not so much because they left me wanting and I thought that Sheldon's interference was pathetic, out of place , uninteresting, ridiculous, completely self indulgent on the part of the writers, and all around unnecessary.

In regards to Shamy's wedding planning I find it uninteresting, vomit inducing, badly written , and couldn't care less about it. However, the one thing I can tell you is that my reaction is not dependent on screen time. I would feel exactly the same way about it even if the screen time devoted to it was less. There are some other people who love it. Good for them. I stopped expecting greatness from this team of writers a long time ago. IMO they are pathetically limping to the finish line quality wise. Financially speaking, not so much.

Only problem  is that it was Bernadette's wedding and it should have been about her and not Amy. I usually like Amy, but on that occasion she behaved like a selfish bitch.

Amy wanted to be a maid of honor, which is what she ended up being. I don't see how the wedding was about her otherwise. Bernadette had a main say in all the other arrangements, only those plans had to be changed quickly because Howard was going to space.

• Like 1
  • Run to India 2

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic