[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

Tensor

13 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Footballers parading ? When they haven't won anything ?  Wow ! Sounds like fun. Imagine Penny wanting to go and see them because she's a fan, Howard thinking with a boy on the way he should, Sheldon wanting the chance to air his knowledge but being reluctant to go outside into the crowd, and Raj wearing their pully in order to look macho for a woman fan. The remainder of the gang are at home ready to patch up whatever disaster has ensued.

The parade isn't all that focused on football.....It's really THE thing that Pasadena is known for.  Amazing it's never been mentioned.

Edited by Capt. Hilts
  • Thanks 1

The parade isn't all that focused on football.....It's really THE thing that Pasadena is known for.  Amazing it's never been mentioned.
If you get a chance it's well worth the effort to see it in person

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Ewwww....  
Amy did have that big picture painted of her and penny and according to Amy they were both naked untill she decided to have the artist paint clothes on them

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Capt. Hilts said:

The guys are pretty indoorsy types, they probably don't know that the parade exist. :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Footballers parading ? When they haven't won anything ?  Wow ! Sounds like fun. Imagine Penny wanting to go and see them because she's a fan, Howard thinking with a boy on the way he should, Sheldon wanting the chance to air his knowledge but being reluctant to go outside into the crowd, and Raj wearing their pully in order to look macho for a woman fan. The remainder of the gang are at home ready to patch up whatever disaster has ensued.

It is a huge festival in Pasadena centered around flowers.  Flowers are judged, as are the floats in the parade, which are mostly made with flowers.  The parade is also known for its equestrian events.  The football game is part of the "tournament" and I think is the first college football "bowl" game (bowl games are huge events here--a little less so than in the past, but still....).  The tournament/parade began in 1890; the football game in 1902.  It would be very, very, very hard for the guys to not be aware of the events. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

It is a huge festival in Pasadena centered around flowers.  Flowers are judged, as are the floats in the parade, which are mostly made with flowers.  The parade is also known for its equestrian events.  The football game is part of the "tournament" and I think is the first college football "bowl" game (bowl games are huge events here--a little less so than in the past, but still....).  The tournament/parade began in 1890; the football game in 1902.  It would be very, very, very hard for the guys to not be aware of the events. 

Also, the bulk of the parade travels down Colorado Blvd.  Los Robles bisects Colorado Blvd and is subject to street closures for the 24 hours surrounding the event.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

If you get a chance it's well worth the effort to see it in person

Amy did have that big picture painted of her and penny and according to Amy they were both naked untill she decided to have the artist paint clothes on them

There's nothing sexual about nude paintings. I can imagine that Amy realised Penny wasn't very much an art-appreciator and would prefer to be painted as clothed. It was only head-and-shoulders anyway. I've never understood what was wrong with that portrait anyway, apart from its size. Bernadette said it made Penny look like a man but I can't see that. What I found tasteless was the suicide joke.

• Make a lot more sense than that 1

27 minutes ago, Lagernisse said:

The guys are pretty indoorsy types, they probably don't know that the parade exist. :icon_cheesygrin:

They know that exist, since Penny asked them what they did on New Years and Sheldon said " we watch the parades".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, chucky said:

They know that exist, since Penny asked them what they did on New Years and Sheldon said " we watch the parades".

I thought it meant the shops' parades from New York. LOL. I assumed it was sarcasm and they'd really be playing games. I learn so much by reading posts on here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Capt. Hilts said:

Penny  joked something along the lines  that Leonard is short and once stood on top of her to get a good view the parade. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Capt. Hilts said:

It was mentioned.   From 5.21, The Hawking Excitation:

Leonard: Raj, you’re our group historian. Has Sheldon ever begged before?

Raj: Three times. He begged the Fox network not to cancel Firefly. He begged the TNT network to cancel Babylon 5. And when he got food poisoning at the Rose Bowl Parade, he begged a deity he doesn’t believe in to end his life quickly.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, Tensor said:

Raj: Three times. He begged the Fox network not to cancel Firefly. He begged the TNT network to cancel Babylon 5. And when he got food poisoning at the Rose Bowl Parade, he begged a deity he doesn’t believe in to end his life quickly.

And now we know it's not a restaurant. Thank you.

2 minutes ago, Tensor said:

I forgot about that one.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, luminous said:

Yep! :yes:

pennyroseparade1013.gif.0b635fbacb9c72c33ff74a81d6756ed8.gif

That sounds hilarous. Penny what stomach on the ground. Leonard standing on her back. Or was Leonard on her shoulders. Look I Can see. Yes Leonard, I know :taunt:.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mislav said:

Because it is no worse than many things that other characters have done and comedy often relies on unexpected or uncomfortable situations. I personally don't remember much complaints about that when the episode first aired.

Exactly. They have all been mean to each other. They've all done stupid or nasty things to each other at various times.

5 hours ago, legacy99 said:

Is it a character flaw or was amy just having a sexual fantasy about penny

Again, this was explained at a Paleyfest. The writers thought since Amy had never had friends before, she might not have gone through the intense crushes some little girls have on best friends and that would funny to use on the show. It did not work well, and I think they even figured that out at some point, but they made it clear in the interview that that's what they had been going for.  They never intended for Amy to be a lesbian.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Exactly. They have all been mean to each other. They've all done stupid or nasty things to each other at various times.

Yeah but that was not the original conversation. What every character has done. But what Sheldon's behaviour is doing. Just seems alot of the times. The conservation drifts too oh all the characters have been mean to each other. To distract away from Sheldon. Like some how diminishes his behaviour. Because other characters have been bad too lol. Nope. 

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Tensor said:

Yeah, something like a float shaped like a cake, with "Eat Me" on the side....

Awesome FILM! I have to go pull it out and watch it now.

3 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

The conservation drifts too oh all the characters have been mean to each other. To distract away from Sheldon.

Not really, because Sheldon is one of the characters. I at least, always include him.

6 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I know what a sugar bowl is. :biggrin:

Clear-Glass-Sugar-Bowl-Set-with-Lid-and-

I don't really understand American Football.

I understand Baseball even less.

You are so wrong. I doubt that you can 80,000-90,000 people in that sugar bowl. Try googling.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, JohnPhD said:

because some years ago an actress called Billie Piper played Dr Who's companion in a 1950's- style outfit with a shortish skirt pushed out by bouffant petticoats.

I was never a big fan of Billie Piper's character, in Doctor Who.

Her character in Secret Diary of a Call Girl, now that was something else altogether. :heat:

3 hours ago, joyceraye said:

It also depends on what is meant by 'undressed'. In a changing booth in a dress shop she's not likely to have anything showing that most of us would mind being videoed.

What Penny was wearing in that changing room, when Amy videoed her, isn't a lot less than some of the outfits she's worn in public.

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 2

What Penny was wearing in that changing room, when Amy videoed her, isn't a lot less than some of the outfits she's worn in public.
So that makes it ok for someone to film you while your dressing wirhout your approval

• Like 4

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic