The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

Do you people read or pay attention to press releases lol

We all know they don’t give out a press releases ahead of a taping. They have only done once in 11 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that was weird, I can only assume that TPTB were so excited over the guest stars and thought they would be a big viewer draw that they decide to talk this episode up early.

Just now, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

Do you people read or pay attention to press releases lol

We all know they don’t give out a press releases ahead of a taping. They have only done once in 11 years

According to @Tensor taping schedule tonight's taping will be of the 14th episode which will air on TV the 18th of January. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

That was last week episode we dont know what tonight taping will be about

That this week episode not tonight Taping

Again

That was last week episode we dont know what tonight taping will be about

This week episode is 11.13, "The Solo Oscillation". The episode taped tonight is 11.14 , and the synopsis is the one the OP provided. Oddly, they delivered the synopsis before the episode was taped.

• Like 6

On 22.12.2017 at 4:53 PM, Tripper said:

'The Solo Oscillation' - Season 11, Episode 13 
Airs Thursday, January 11 at 8/7c on CBS.

When Sheldon kicks Amy out to work solo, she and Leonard bond during a series of science experiments. Also, Bert the geologist replaces Wolowitz in the band Footprints on the Moon, and Sheldon finds Penny a surprising source of scientific inspiration.

1 hour ago, Tripper said:

'The Separation Triangulation' - Season 11, Episode 14 
Airs Thursday, January 18 at 8/7c on CBS.

Koothrappali finds himself in the middle of domestic drama when he learns the woman he's dating, Nell (Beth Behrs), has a very upset husband, Oliver (Walter Goggins). Also, when Sheldon rents his old room back for a quiet place to work, he drives Leonard crazy by being a model tenant.

• Like 7

This week episode is 11.13, "The Solo Oscillation". The episode taped tonight is 11.14 , and the synopsis is the one the OP provided. Oddly, they delivered the synopsis before the episode was taped.

The Episode airing this week was taped before Christmas

• Like 1

Just now, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

Yes, 11.13, it was the last taped before Christmas...

• Like 4

Neither one of those mention anything about their Wedding but have to do with Science and again both taped before Christmas

Remember we didnt get any sort of report or information for one of the most recent tapings

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

Neither one of those mention anything about their Wedding but have to do with Science and again both taped before Christmas

Remember we didnt get any sort of report or information for one of the most recent tapings

From @Tensor taping schedule:

12/12  Episode  11.13   The Solo Oscillation 
01/09  Episode  11.14   The Separation Triangulation

and broadcast:

01/11  New      1113      The Solo Oscillation 
01/18  New      1114      The Separation Triangulation 

Edited by Lagernisse
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

Yes people are referring to 11.14. That's been taped today. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HeWolf said:

Usually the performers say that, to them, The People's Choice Awards are the ones they appreciate most.

TBBT was never going to win an Emmy or Golden Globe for 'Best Comedy Series'. TBBT is a show that simply tries to entertain. There is no agenda. No one is trying to make a 'statement' about anything. TBBT is just not 'deep' enough to win an Emmy or Golden Globe. 

Math, or no math. Sheldon's comments represent his perception of Penny and her sexual activities at that point in time. Whether, or not, he had the numbers right, he has never made any effort to conceal his views concerning his concept of Penny's promiscuity. This is one of the main sticking points with the idea of any possibility of there ever being a romantic Shenny relationship. Sugar coat it, or see it as a blunt reality, but Sheldon has never tried to hide his beliefs that Penny is an intellectually inferior, sexually promiscuous, vocationally challenged woman. Many times he has communicated these beliefs directly to her and she is well aware of how he perceives her. From Penny's perspective, Sheldon is an intellectual elitist snob, who is condescending, insulting, dismissive, and manipulative. (And, she believes Dr. Wackadoodle is crazy.) Over the course of their relationship these two have come to appreciate certain qualities in one another, and have no doubt come a to a mutual affection. But, in my opinion, the idea of them ever developing romantic feelings is, and always has been, laughable,.

I whole heartidly agree with what you are saying. Particularly your last paragraph. But for the record Friends won an Emmy in 2002 for Outstanding comedy series. And the show is exactly how you describe TBBT. But that is neither here or their. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

The comments about the episode being about Shamy's wedding were sarcastic. The people who wrote them say they had enough of that.

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Lagernisse said:

From @Tensor taping schedule:

12/12  Episode  11.13   The Solo Oscillation 
01/09  Episode  11.14   The Separation Triangulation

and broadcast:

01/11  New      1113      The Solo Oscillation 
01/18  New      1114      The Separation Triangulation 

Wow I didn’t realize how close the taping was to the showing of the episode, 9 days.  Have they played it this close before?

How much time do they spend editing and reviewing the final product, must not be much time based on episode 11.14.

• Like 1

Just now, SRAM said:

Wow I didn’t realize how close the taping was to the showing of the episode, 9 days.  Have they played it this close before?

Yes, they have.   Peter Chakos has mentioned that nine days is the least amount of turnaround time for an episode.  They have to send it out for titles and foley, even if sound and editing can be done in house.   

There have been other instances of press releases going out before the taping.  The other two I remember off the top of my head, were on episodes like this one, where there was only a nine day turnaround.    Warner Brothers generally put out the press release two weeks in advance (and the title sometimes even before).  So, with a nine day turnaround, there is a chance, if they decide to stick with their usual schedule, of even move it up a few days, of the press release coming out before the taping.   

3 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Much of the episode must be pretaped.

No, it doesn't.  If the episode has pre-taped scenes, then the shooting script is ready on Friday, at the latest.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Much of the episode must be pretaped.

Ah that could be the explananation of why they've released the info beforehand. It'll be funny if they decide on rewrites during the taping and have to put out a amended press release. Have a nice time, anyone who's going, and let us know all about it, please. :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, luminous said:

Looks like Beth Behrs already shot yesterday

Raj’s new girlfriend???

:icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mirs1 said:

Yes, 11.13, it was the last taped before Christmas...

And nobody gave us any spoilers yet, so all we have to go on so far is one 21 second promo and the short ( which is often deliberately misleading) press release.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

And nobody gave us any spoilers yet, so all we have to go on so far is one 21 second promo and the short ( which is often deliberately misleading) press release.

Since I’ve been on this forum this has been the worst season for taping reports.  For anyone or everyone that did provide us with some kind of report, again I say, Thank You.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, SRAM said:

Raj’s new girlfriend???

:icon_cheesygrin:

Way too hot for Raj.

• Run to India 1
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

On 1/8/2018 at 12:08 PM, chucky said:

The content in the episode not so good, but cast's acting was great.You can't loathe that episode, it's one of the funniest since it included Howard's  try with the robot hand!

Yes, and when Amy asked Penny if she considered herself a slut, it's not like she defended herself vehemently.  I like the episode.

21 hours ago, vonmar said:

Also, when Sheldon rents his old room back for a quiet place to work, he drives Leonard crazy by being a model tenant, on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Thursday, Jan. 18 (

Interesting. I wish I could say I was surprised, but I'm not.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Yes, and when Amy asked Penny if she considered herself a slut, it's not like she defended herself vehemently.  I like the episode.

Interesting. I wish I could say I was surprised, but I'm not.

Actually I recall Penny being quite offended by Sheldon and Amy's claims. And I found the plot to be in poor taste all round. 

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Actually I recall Penny being quite offended by Sheldon and Amy's claims. And I found the plot to be in poor taste all round. 

That part was baddd! But, who can not love Howard and the robot hand? It was totally hilarious, especially the hospital scene.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Yes, and when Amy asked Penny if she considered herself a slut, it's not like she defended herself vehemently.  I like the episode

37 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

I don't think Penny was offended though Amy commenting on a sexual past is kind of a joke. Her sexual history was sensors hooked to her brain causing her orgasms and her toothbrush named Gerard. Sheldon on the other had no history. He thought his penis sole use was to void his bladder.

• Like 1